Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,798 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones (9442 Views)

Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. / Why It's That Nobody Care's About LG Smartphone. / LG Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 04, 2016
LG builds solid phones high, mid and entry level. Just visited their stand, I was amazed by the quality of phones they have presently. Here is Nairaland, people only talk infinix, Tecno, injoor, Samsung, Why little or no interest in LG phone?

1 Like

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ehuatamuigunisi:
LG builds solid phones high, mid and entry level. Just visited their stand, I was amazed by the quality of phones they have presently. Here is Nairaland, people only talk infinix, Tecno, injoor, Samsung, Why little or no interest in LG phone?
exactly my touts.. Even most phone dealers shy off from lg brands..
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Stancity(m): 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2016
Ehuatamuigunisi:
The good phones they manufacture is high end phones which is not affordable for most people but when you talk about mid and entry phones, they build crappy stuffs and you dont expect much people to buy it in large amount and when thats the case, no one will talk about it... Thats the case with LG Products..

9 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Gosj01(m): 11:57pm On Aug 04, 2016
Tochilyns:
exactly my touts.. Even most phone dealers shy off from lg brands..
Thought!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Aizenosa(m): 12:40am On Aug 05, 2016
Samsung is the least innovative smartphone company ever, they just keep rolling out the same thing over and over.

Personally I prefer HTC, Sony or LG to Samsung any day any time.

Samsung is like windows pc after using it for a short period it starts acting like they tied olumo rock to the ram, battery becomes poor, very hard to tweak to ur liking unless you buy a flash box the when it falls u start hoping the noise u heard is not from ur phone.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 2:10am On Aug 05, 2016
Their phones are way too expensive for an average nigerian to afford. LG is in the same league with Samsung, Htc, Sony, iphone, Motorola e.t.c In advanced countries where the GDP are higher, LG phones are very popular. E.g the G3 and G4 are still hot in the market in North America and are sold as premium phones by telecom operators.

LG produced the world's first curved smartphone, i.e the LG G flex.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Dam5reey(m): 2:15am On Aug 05, 2016
Expensive!!! Toys !!!!! aside G series
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by donhils: 4:40am On Aug 05, 2016
LG makes good and durable phones but then their marketing is kinda below average. That's why phones like LG G Gro , G pro 2, Flex, G2, G3
, G4 didn't enjoy massive patronage. Even the most recent G5 (though ugly) is not doing very well in the market.
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by paulmarkino: 5:28am On Aug 05, 2016
Am Usin LG D410 since two years ago no problem encountered

LG L90 and other products are great but their problem is high price.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by paulmarkino: 5:28am On Aug 05, 2016
Am Using LG D410 since two years ago no problem encountered

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by ahmodu4real(m): 6:21am On Aug 05, 2016
yes LG build best and durable phones but pray you neva had problem with the phone that will be the last day you will like LG. there customer care is very poor imagine taken LG G3 for touch pad repair they are billing 30k and no less, just drop the phone go buy Tecno jejely.

1 Like

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 8:30am On Aug 05, 2016
ahmodu4real:
yes LG build best and durable phones but pray you neva had problem with the phone that will be the last day you will like LG. there customer care is very poor imagine taken LG G3 for touch pad repair they are billing 30k and no less, just drop the phone go buy Tecno jejely.
If you brought it brand new, you would be covered by one year warranty. If you didn't buy it new, or customer-damaged, rooted or out of warranty, then you would be charged for parts and cost of repair. Same is obtainable with all high end phones i.e samsung, iphone, htc e.t.c.
Note that the 30k you were charged is less than $100, hence It still boils down to the fact that high end phones are not suitable for a country with low gdp like nigeria except you are very rich. That is why companies like tecno and infinix are the big players in the nigerian market cos they make affordable phones.
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 05, 2016
Their phones are way beyond what an average Nigerian can afford. They should emulate other phone makers like Samsung, Tecno, Lenovo that seems to have phones for every segment of the society.
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gosj01:

Thought!
prof how market? Look up this word in ur dictionary ; acronym. Then again gerrarahia.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by HenrySilva9(m): 2:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
paulmarkino:
Am Usin LG D410 since two years ago no problem encountered

You be boss.. That's the phone am using

1 Like

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by gambus007(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lg phones are nice but very expensive.i have D410 an G3..moving to G4.
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Gosj01(m): 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
Tochilyns:
prof how market? Look up this word in ur dictionary ; acronym. Then again gerrarahia.

Student try to understand the word usage. seems you need a dictionary much more than I do!

5 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2016
Aizenosa:
Samsung is the least innovative smartphone company ever, they just keep rolling out the same thing over and over.

Personally I prefer HTC, Sony or LG to Samsung any day any time.

Samsung is like windows pc after using it for a short period it starts acting like they tied olumo rock to the ram, battery becomes poor, very hard to tweak to ur liking unless you buy a flash box the when it falls u start hoping the noise u heard is not from ur phone.

LOL. Samsung didn't catapult themselves to where they are today, it was hard work, determination and risk taking that took them to where they are right now. Samsung phones have good build quality, software just got better and they invented the phablet with the galaxy note... And u still think they are not innovative? Till date there is no phablet that is as sophisticated as the galaxy note.

Have u ever used an lg phone? I bet u haven't. They have good hardware but software is where they have problem. They try so much to put everything in their phones but the software just lacks that something special, meanwhile Samsung just perfected their software. LG took a risk with the g5 but unable to break the market because the hardware is a hit or miss, they should let Motorola teach them how to make modular phones with the moto Z force. The G4 was also a hit and miss with the leather back, again poor software. Galaxy s7 edge is a far better phone in terms of design and performance than the g5.

And don't even put Sony against Samsung... Can u tell me a major innovation Sony has made in the smartphone world?at least the s7 edge has a curved screen, better camera, hear rate monitor, wireless charging, support for gear vr, etc. What has Sony got? Their flagship phone is sony xperia x performance with 3gb of ram, 1080p display (when s7 has qhd), ips when Samsung uses amoled. Sony phones have nothing against Samsung phones dude.

Only htc has actually done well this year with the htc 10 and that is the only phone from the big oems that can match the galaxy s7 edge. But the note series are on another level.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by MrFord1: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
greenhulk:

LOL. Samsung didn't catapult themselves to where they are today, it was hard work, determination and risk taking that took them to where they are right now. Samsung phones have good build quality, software just got better and they invented the phablet with the galaxy note... And u still think they are not innovative? Till date there is no phablet that is as sophisticated as the galaxy note.

Have u ever used an lg phone? I bet u haven't. They have good hardware but software is where they have problem. They try so much to put everything in their phones but the software just lacks that something special, meanwhile Samsung just perfected their software. LG took a risk with the g5 but unable to break the market because the hardware is a hit or miss, they should let Motorola teach them how to make modular phones with the moto Z force. The G4 was also a hit and miss with the leather back, again poor software. Galaxy s7 edge is a far better phone in terms of design and performance than the g5.

And don't even put Sony against Samsung... Can u tell me a major innovation Sony has made in the smartphone world?at least the s7 edge has a curved screen, better camera, hear rate monitor, wireless charging, support for gear vr, etc. What has Sony got? Their flagship phone is sony xperia x performance with 3gb of ram, 1080p display (when s7 has qhd), ips when Samsung uses amoled. Sony phones have nothing against Samsung phones dude.

Only htc has actually done well this year with the htc 10 and that is the only phone from the big oems that can match the galaxy s7 edge. But the note series are on another level.

Are you saying amoled is better than ips?
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
MrFord1:

Are you saying amoled is better than ips?

Both of them have their strong and weak points. But amoled panels are more vibrant and better under direct sunlight. It comes to personal preference whether u want saturated colors that pop or true colors that are duller.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Sandydayz(f): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
I love LG product!!! The fact dat it ain't common is undecided
My LG G Flex D955 is amazing cool cool 2 years and still counting

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by lilmax(m): 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
the fact that the products are not available is very annoying, waiting for the LG f70 d315 seems like 100years I just had to give up on it
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Gosj01:

Student try to understand the word usage. seems you need a dictionary much more than I do!

Yimu...

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Ochima75(m): 11:50pm On Aug 05, 2016
Wow i m currently planning to gt a new fone... Nd i stumbled on d lg g3 on d net nd m thinking of buying it guys... I mean d fairly used. Wat do u tink guys
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by kazzonline: 12:02am On Aug 06, 2016
Ochima75:
Wow i m currently planning to gt a new fone... Nd i stumbled on d lg g3 on d net nd m thinking of buying it guys... I mean d fairly used. Wat do u tink guys

Wot ia your budget and location,got a super sweet deal for you
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Ochima75(m): 12:11am On Aug 06, 2016
40k nd am in lag
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2016
greenhulk:

Sony z5 premium is the worlds 1st 4k phone with an amazing 801ppi. That is innovation. Sony has not released a flagship phone this year, but there are speculations about a z6 coming later this year.

With respect to LG software, i see nothing wrong with it. I used a samsung s6 for a week when i sent my LG G3 in for repairs under warranty, and i hated the software(s) on the samsung. Software is of personal preference. I haven't seen a better software on a smartphone than the one on an LG, but that is my personal preference.

Samsung s7 edge's design looks finer compared to the g5 cos of the curved screen, but the s7 edge is also higher in price. The price you pay for the glass body and curved screen.lol

Check out the pictures below and judge for yourself which phone has the best camera.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by gambus007(m): 7:01am On Aug 06, 2016
greenhulk:

You are wrong...lg phone got one of the best software. Do your research well please
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by sauceEEP(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2016
I've equally searched for sony xperia thread here on nairaland to no avail, thanks to xda developers forum that answers virtually all questions concerning the device...
Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by MrFord1: 8:00am On Aug 06, 2016
greenhulk:

Both of them have their strong and weak points. But amoled panels are more vibrant and better under direct sunlight. It comes to personal preference whether u want saturated colors that pop or true colors that are duller.

If you want deep blacks, vibrant colors, and great battery life, AMOLED is the panel you’ll probably be most happy with.
If you want bright whites, daylight readability, natural colours and sharp text and images, IPS is likely a better fit.

AMOLED display panels are highly degradable, they suffer burn-in.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is it That No One Is Talking About LG Phones by Nobody: 8:11am On Aug 06, 2016
shinarambo1:

Sony z5 premium is the worlds 1st 4k phone with an amazing 801ppi. That is innovation. Sony has not released a flagship phone this year, but there are speculations about a z6 coming later this year.

With respect to LG software, i see nothing wrong with it. I used a samsung s6 for a week when i sent my LG G3 in for repairs under warranty, and i hated the software(s) on the samsung. Software is of personal preference. I haven't seen a better software on a smartphone than the one on an LG, but that is my personal preference.

Samsung s7 edge looks better compared to the g5 cos of the curved screen, but the s7 edge is also higher in price. The price you pay for the glass body and curved screen.lol

And where did the 4k display leave Sony? The xperia z5 premium was a failure. The question is: what is the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium’s ultra-high resolution display good for? And is it worth valuing over the 3D Touch of the iPhone 6S Plus or the curve of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+? I don't think so.

The truth is the phone displays at 1080p most of the times and only displays at 4k when u watch a 4k video with the inbuilt video player. Now how many people would actually have a 4k movie on their phones? A 2 hrs true 1080p movie will take like 6gb. A 2hrs 4k movie will take around 4 times that space,so we are looking at 20gb plus for a full 2 hrs 4k movie. Abeg how many 4k movies can u carry on a phone? U are better off watching it on blu ray.

Can u see the 4k on display? Nope. The homepage runs on 1080p (not even qhd). The 4k is just a marketing gimmick. What's the point of 4k when it doesn't even display on the homepage? That is not innovation if u ask me. The curved screen of the s6 edge is still s better innovation. Nothing still beats the s pen on the galaxy note, Samsung started the split screen and pop of videos .. that is true innovation.

And talking about the g3, I used it for about a year before it got stolen. It's a great phone no doubt, it has a lot of features (Q memo being on of my favorite features), but the phone suffers from memory management and it stutters sometimes. I struggled to keep up to 3 apps in memory without the app reloading.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ten Hidden Controls Of iPhone Headphones / And I Finally Got My Xiaomi Mi A3 For 45k With Carton / Airtel Night Browsing Speed Slow??? You Must Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.