Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,388 members, 7,812,147 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? (4207 Views)

Boko Haram Uses Special Roofs To Evade Air Bombardment —Army / Ibadan Land Of Brown Roofs; Glory Of The Grey Haired / Buhari At The 8th Bola Tinubu Colloquium In Abuja (Live Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2016
I was coming into Lagos 2days ago when we came to Ibadan and on getting to Iwo rd turning towards the toll gate, a sea of corrogated roofs can be seen on both sides of the road. Then it came to my mind if we could push for the corrogated roofs to become a UNESCO designated world heritage site.

This is not about dissing Ibadan and the Yoruba people. Its just that the brown roofs are begining to carve a cultural niche for itself. A daughter of Ibadan also tittled her book "under the Brown Roof".

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by olawalepopoola: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2016
Those brown roofs can never be destroyed. It is our heritage

6 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by nijabazaar: 10:55am On Aug 05, 2016
Its charmin really....what i used to like about enugu then was the colonial remnants but now its ben eroded by guady Modern buikdings.

Though to the uninitiated and the lesser minds, they would see the brown roofs as under development....is it?

1 Like

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 05, 2016
nijabazaar:
Its charmin really....what i used to like about enugu then was the colonial remnants but now its ben eroded by guady Modern buikdings.

Though to the uninitiated and the lesser minds, they would see the brown roofs as under development....is it?

i use to see it as an eye-sore and it may still be an eye-sore, but there is this cultural thing it's begining to look to me.
Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Zonacom(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
Once the buildings are structurally strong and the roofs not leaking, then I see no problem with that. What the residents and govt of the state should be more concerned with is maintaining order and proper sanitation.

2 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Reminez(m): 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2016
Another osu refugee moving away from the gully land into Yorubaland . These fools cry for Biafra daily on one hand and also troop into the southwest on the other hand .

13 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
Reminez:
Another osu refugee moving away from the gully land into Yorubaland . These fools cry for Biafra daily on one hand and also troop into the southwest on the other hand .

i am not even Igbo. I am en Arewa!

6 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Reminez(m): 1:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
craziebone:

i am not even Igbo. I am en Arewa!
Hope you are not a boko member..y'all are six and half a dozen

3 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 05, 2016
Reminez:

of course i am! So how do you want me to kill you? Suicide vest, turbaned bomb or a time bomb?

10 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by SaiNigeria: 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
The brown roofs no longer a laughing matter

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by SaiNigeria: 2:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
I think Buhari should subsidize aluminum roofing sheets for the Afonjas

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by dubemnaija: 2:11pm On Aug 05, 2016
Reminez:

U are a sorry ass.

Are Igbos d only Tribe that passes thru Ibadan? Whats ur obsession with igbos?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by owobokiri(m): 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2016
OP, while you are at it, we might as well consider the brown roofers method of dispossing off their solid waste in this type of environment a type of "short-put" worthy of olympic recognition. .

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lif ibadan alone oo angry grin
Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by ENDTIMEISNEAR: 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
I was coming into Lagos 2days ago when we came to Ibadan and on getting to Iwo rd turning towards the toll gate, a sea of corrogated roofs can be seen on both sides of the road. Then it came to my mind if we could push for the corrogated roofs to become a UNESCO designated world heritage site.

This is not about dissing Ibadan and the Yoruba people. Its just that the brown roofs are begining to carve a cultural niche for itself. A daughter of Ibadan also tittled her book "under the Brown Roof".
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Ndi Ofe nmanu the brown roof aka Ritualist tribe grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

15 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by chosen6(f): 5:05pm On Aug 05, 2016
This is the best of the best of the Brown Roof Republic of the South West People AKA The Ahithophels.

12 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by MXrep: 9:17pm On Aug 05, 2016
ordinary to change their roof they can't do, but are quick to claim the achievements of hardworking nigerians living in Nomansland in the name SW. How does someone who live in these mud house own Nomansland more than those who built good houses therein?? it still baffles me

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by MXrep: 9:23pm On Aug 05, 2016
Reminez:
You see how untravelled you are, see how you expose your ignorance about nigerian geography. what has someone traveling from Biafra to Nomansland has to do with Ibadan?? Do you leave your rusted roof enclave at all?? If you had been travelling maybe you have made some money to change your roof and also see how good other places are and stop living delusional life about how your place is paradise because adventurous ppl come to take opportunities you are too bind to see

19 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by FanYogo1(f): 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2016
MXrep:
ordinary to change their roof they can't do, but are quick to claim the achievements of hardworking nigerians living in Nomansland in the name SW. How does someone who live in these mud house own Nomansland more than those who built good houses therein?? it still baffles me

When will you flat heads stop claiming Yoruba success in Lagos?

This is Enugu below...

3 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by FanYogo1(f): 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2016
saiNDAvengers:
I think Buhari should subsidize aluminum roofing sheets for the Afonjas

The mods are funny. They ban you for typing Osu, but leave comments like Afonja alone.

I.e. This Osu's post won't get deleted.

1 Like

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by mikolo80: 6:08am On Aug 06, 2016
MXrep:
make teotwawki happen na in your eye go clear
Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by DaniDani(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by Mathemagician1(m): 8:00am On Aug 06, 2016
FanYogo1:

When will you flat heads stop claiming Yoruba success in Lagos?

This is Enugu below...

Those aren't houses. That's the popular central motor park, Enugu with small shops and makeshift stalls.

BTW, I don't join in your tribal superiority contest. However, i thought you should get your facts right.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by seunny4lif(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2016
grin grin grin
Today na today grin grin grin
Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by stonemasonn: 9:14am On Aug 06, 2016
This superiority complex is killing the southerners, why should Ibadan's brown roof houses become a source of mockery to other tribes? Let me remind you people if Nigeria was a land locked country and had no oil those brown roofs will be like gold as most Nigerians will be living in mud huts.

1 Like

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by ayzTIGER: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2016
I wonder why the afonjas detest aluminium roof

5 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by OlanreJohnson: 10:19am On Aug 06, 2016
owobokiri:
OP, while you are at it, we might as well consider the brown roofers method of dispossing off their solid waste in this type of environment a type of "short-put" worthy of olympic recognition. .

you mean in plastic nylons? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by buharisbae(f): 10:23am On Aug 06, 2016
Topics like this give me so much joy grin
Jesu shocked warrisdis cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by OlanreJohnson: 10:26am On Aug 06, 2016
MXrep:

You see how untravelled you are, see how you expose your ignorance about nigerian geography. what has someone traveling from Biafra to Nomansland has to do with Ibadan?? Do you leave your rusted roof enclave at all?? If you had been travelling maybe you have made some money to change your roof and also see how good other places are and stop living delusional life about how your place is paradise because adventurous ppl come to take opportunities you are too bind to see

The m0ron shot himself on the foot. Simple geography tells us that Igbos and SSners do not go through Ibadam when travelling, only northeners go through Ibadam when coming from the North through Kwara to Lagos.

Yet the dumbheads will claim to be intelligent and sophisticated when we all know that there is no iota of common sense in their skulls. cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by OlanreJohnson: 10:29am On Aug 06, 2016
stonemasonn:
This superiority complex is killing the southerners, why should Ibadan's brown roof houses become a source of mockery to other tribes? Let me remind you people if Nigeria was a land locked country and had no oil those brown roofs will be like gold as most Nigerians will be living in mud huts.

The OP is northerner, the one we yorubas love to lick their hairy balls. Let's forget Igbos and face the north. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Should The Brown Roofs Of Ibadan Become The 8th Wonder Of The World? by KnowAll(m): 10:34am On Aug 06, 2016
Those brown roofs are what they call agbo-ile in Ibadan. Agbo-Ile means your ancestral home just like igbo's have villages. Ibadan people don't have villages they have agbo-i-les. It is what makes u an ibadan man. If u say u come from Ibadan the people will ask u which agbo-ile did u come from same like saying which village do u come from.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pic Of The World Poorest President / Regional Autonomy Or Self Determination: A Way Forward For The Yorùbá / Anti Saraki O To Ge Ongoing Street Rally In Kwara. PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.