Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,165 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production (6657 Views)

Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? / Otuoke Road Overtaken By Flood, Indigenes Lament / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 3:54pm On Aug 05, 2016
The audit report released by The Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, have revealed that as at 31st December 2015,the Southwest Nigeria have overtaken the southeast Nigeria in crude oil production.

The statistics released shows that there are eight oil producing states in Nigeria including ; Akwa Ibom, Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Ondo, Edo, IMO, and Abia states.Akwa Ibom being the largest producer of oil in Nigeria.

The table below summarises the percentage production of crude oil per state.

1. Akwa Ibom. 31.40%

2. Delta. 21.43%

3. Rivers. 21.43%

4. Bayelsa. 18.07%

5. Ondo. 3.47%

6. Edo. 2.06%

7. Imo. 1.06%

8. Abia. 0.68%

The data provided above shows that the Southeast Nigeria contribute 1.74%of crude oil production in total while the Southwest Nigeria contribute 3.74%, more than double the contribution of the Southeast.

For more information, visit www.oilrevenueng.com or www.the summary.com.ng

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by saintikechi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
southeast oil is being reserved for the bia fran government to come. your list did not include anambara's

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by owobokiri(m): 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2016
AK47 mouth. kpa kpa kpa kpa. . . una no go close una mouth for a sec. . Keep talking noisely till Asari and team remember all those underground pipes you use to pipe Niger Delta offshore oil to Ajeh and co. .

18 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by FreeGlobe(f): 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
This is very true.. Ambode receiving the total 3.7 crude oil of south west

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 4:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
saintikechi:
southeast oil is being reserved for the bia fran government to come. your list did not include anambara's

According to the report, Anambra does not produce any oil.

What actually shocked me is that the Southeast does not really produce much oil- just a paltry 1.74% , half what the SW produce and there is this deafening shout of "OUR OYEL".

30 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by dunkem21(m): 4:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
FreeGlobe:

LOL grin

8 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:00pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:02pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:04pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by owobokiri(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
rlauncher:

According to the report, Anambra does not produce any oil.

What actually shocked me is that the Southeast does not really produce much oil- just a paltry 1.74% , half what the SW produce and there is this deafening shout of "OUR OYEL".

Who cooked up the stats? The same nepotical figures who adjusted and readjusted the south east map just to ceede lucrative oil commnuties to our Ss neighbours. For takers, igbo speaking communities in Rivers state produce more oil onshore than any other area in that country.. , and certainly more oil than you can ever find in Soka forest.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:09pm On Aug 05, 2016
FreeGlobe:

The report was for 2015 and does not include the new oil production taking place in Lagos.

However, the question that have been bordering my mind is, how does ipob youths intend to fund Biafra from a paltry 1.74% of oil.

12 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2016
The title of the thread is stupid.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:14pm On Aug 05, 2016
owobokiri:

Who cooked up the stats? The same nepotical figures who adjusted and readjusted the south east map just to ceede lucrative oil commnuties to our Ss neighbours. For takers, igbo speaking communities in Rivers state produce more oil onshore than any other area in that country.. , and certainly more oil than you can ever find in Soka forest.

Rivers state is not Igboland. Stop claiming other people's land as your own.

20 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
Asia youths are busy discussing their new inventions in technology, Many Nigeria youths are still working as E-tugs for Tribalist purposes.

10 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:16pm On Aug 05, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
The title of the thread is stupid.

How. I gave your the source. Have you read it.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:20pm On Aug 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
Asia youths are busy discussing their new inventions in technology,
Many Nigeria youths are still working as E-tugs for Tribalist purposes.

The goal of this thread is to stop our Igbo brothers from shouting " OUR OYEL". PERIOD!

8 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
rlauncher:

Rivers state is not Igboland. Stop claiming other people's land as your own.
will you pls act like an adult for just 10mins pls.
Rivers state is multiethnic with many lgs.
The Oyigbos, Etche, Omuma, Egbema etc, do they sound like owambe in your earz?
what names are they?
You need to go and learn a skill, keep urself busy, have a job to do and stop this childish act.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 5:21pm On Aug 05, 2016
Where can i get 2 kegs of oyel from Lagos state cool

5 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:22pm On Aug 05, 2016

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
rlauncher:

The goal of this thread is to stop our Igbo brothers from shouting " OUR OYEL". PERIOD!
The oil produced in Obigbo(formally of Imo state) dwarfs ur south west production. The value of gas in Anambra alone will also dwarf any natural resources u have in ur south west

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by jstbeinhonest(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2016
rlauncher:

How. I gave your the source. Have you read it.

Dude, I'm from the west. This thread has been created before and made Fp. I really dont care which region produces the most oil. What I dont understand why there is the need to always compare the west with the east. You are just looking for a tribal war. Post your information but stop the comparism. Besides, I thought we were diversifying.

7 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by CltrAltDel: 5:28pm On Aug 05, 2016
[s]
BUHARIISCURSED:
Where can i get 2 kegs of oyel from Lagos state cool
[/s]
Read again......did you see Lagos on the list.

Wait 4 Dec 31st 2016 report and ask you question again......with an open mind cool

6 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:29pm On Aug 05, 2016
zuchyblink:
The oil produced in Obigbo(formally of Imo state) dwarfs ur south west production. The value of gas in Anambra alone will also dwarf any natural resources u have in ur south west

provide the stats and the source.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
what names are they?
You need to go and learn a skill, keep urself busy, have a job to do and stop this childish act.

Just st because there Igbo speaking peoples in Rivers does not make it Igboland. For your information, there are indigenous Yoruba speaking peoples in Edo and Delta, but that does not make Edo and Delta Yorubaland.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:35pm On Aug 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
what names are they?

Just because there are Igbo speaking peoples in Rivers does not make it Igboland. For your information, there are indigenous Yoruba speaking peoples in Edo and Delta, but that does not make Edo and Delta Yorubaland.

5 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by zuchyblink(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2016
shameless people capitalizing on political demarcation to brag. For the fact that Obasanjo adjusted boundary and ceded Obigbo and One part of Egbema to rivers does not make Igbos lesser producers. Even ondo's oil wells are on Ijaw lands

6 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Dude, I'm from the west. This thread has been created before and made Fp. I really dont care which region produces the most oil. What I dont understand why there is the need to always compare the west with the east. You are just looking for a tribal war. Post your information but stop the comparism. Besides, I thought we were diversifying.

It is not about who produce more oil or what not. It is about stopping our Igbo brothers from shouting " OUR OYEL".

4 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by malele(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2016
Adaure4ever:
what names are they?

1million likes

3 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 05, 2016
rlauncher:

Just because there are Igbo speaking peoples in Rivers does not make it Igboland. For your information, there are indigenous Yoruba speaking peoples in Edo and Delta, but that does not make Edo and Delta Yorubaland.
what kind of analysis is this?
For example, Oyigbo people are Igbos but their own land is not Igbo? Is that ur low level of thinking or just a poor i.q.
We are talking about Igbo LGAs in Riverz and NOT the whole state.
Ogonis, Kalabari, Degema etc are Non-Igbo Ethnic groupz and part of Riverz state.. So don't change the topic.

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is "Dariqa Muslims": Political Understanding Of Muslim Divisions/groups / Israel Bans Chrismas Celebration / Owerri Youths Brought Down The Zuma Statue In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.