Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,813 members, 7,824,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production (6692 Views)

Has Rwanda Overtaken Nigeria? / Otuoke Road Overtaken By Flood, Indigenes Lament / Something Strange Is Happening In The Southwest - Azuka Onwuka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by ezeagu(m): 12:33am On Aug 07, 2016
rlauncher:

What you think about the itsekiri people does not amount to anything. Every people group in Nigeria know who they are.

I also want to reiterate it here; no single ethnic group can lay claim to a state that is indigenous to so many ethnic groups.

Well, it's not about what I think. If you can prove Itshekiri claim to be Yoruba, then good, but the point wasn't that the whole of Delta State is Igbo when someone says there are indigenous Igbo lands there.

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by meme4real: 12:48am On Aug 07, 2016
rlauncher:

According to the report, Anambra does not produce any oil.

What actually shocked me is that the Southeast does not really produce much oil- just a paltry 1.74% , half what the SW produce and there is this deafening shout of "OUR OYEL".

Una and lie be like 5&6.Wetin you no know just keep your mouth shut.Which oil Una dey produce?abi na d one Una dey thief from underground?no worry we go soon know very soon.
Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Nobody: 12:50am On Aug 07, 2016
saintikechi:
southeast oil is being reserved for the bia fran government to come. your list did not include anambara's
Just like the list does not include lagos.
Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Ikechukwu48: 1:00am On Aug 07, 2016
rlauncher:

The report was for 2015 and does not include the new oil production taking place in Lagos.

However, the question that have been bordering my mind is, how does ipob youths intend to fund Biafra from a paltry 1.74% of oil.

grin grin grin grin

For one this specific thread have been made on NL and that website have been demolished on NL.

For 1.) Oilrenvue.org has ZERO affiliation to the Nigerian governmemt or any of its oil company. The site for two was made in 2013 If my memory serves me right and have not been updated since then.

Secondly the author of the site itself was a non profit organization run by a white woman who if my memory serves me right is married to a yoloba.

Lastly, the person who made the site for her is an Igbo and if you message him on LinkedIn, will tell you the website itself has no affiliation to the government and the stats provided up there has no backing at all.

Everything I just wrote right there, I can back up with facts and image.

Secondly I'm from delta state. Which yoloba community are in delta state? Iteskiri for one AREN'T yoloba. Anyone that grew up in delta would tell you iteskiri do not identify as yoloba and will even slap you if you call them that. They acknowledge they have the ancestry but maintain that they are their own people. Likewise olukunmi. The olukunmi will even beat you if you call the yolobs. Infact, there was a popular olukunmi in styl-plus. He was the only "igbo" in the group. How many times did you hear zeal identify as yoloba? Please you people should STOP desperately attaching to delta state

Secondly oyigbo, which is an Igbo community in River state dwarfs anything you people claim you produce.
Secondly, the oil in ondo state is oil you stole from delta state. Every part of ondo that produces oil came from delta. Obsanjo sneakily stole the lands. The same time oil producing lands were pulled from ABia and Imo and attached to river state were the same time oil producing lands were pulled from delta and attached to ondo. ...again I can back all this up with proof. Just say when.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by meme4real: 1:01am On Aug 07, 2016
rlauncher:

It is not about who produce more oil or what not. It is about stopping our Igbo brothers from shouting " OUR OYEL".

It is because you are jobless and a tribal bigot that is why you will always like to cause trouble where there is non.When the Igbos react now Una go begin call mod to ban them.Trouble makers.
Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 4:51pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ikechukwu48:

grin grin grin grin

For one this specific thread have been made on NL and that website have been demolished on NL.

For 1.) Oilrenvue.org has ZERO affiliation to the Nigerian governmemt or any of its oil company. The site for two was made in 2013 If my memory serves me right and have not been updated since then.

Secondly the author of the site itself was a non profit organization run by a white woman who if my memory serves me right is married to a yoloba.

Lastly, the person who made the site for her is an Igbo and if you message him on LinkedIn, will tell you the website itself has no affiliation to the government and the stats provided up there has no backing at all.

Everything I just wrote right there, I can back up with facts and image.

Secondly I'm from delta state. Which yoloba community are in delta state? Iteskiri for one AREN'T yoloba. Anyone that grew up in delta would tell you iteskiri do not identify as yoloba and will even slap you if you call them that. They acknowledge they have the ancestry but maintain that they are their own people. Likewise olukunmi. The olukunmi will even beat you if you call the yolobs. Infact, there was a popular olukunmi in styl-plus. He was the only "igbo" in the group. How many times did you hear zeal identify as yoloba? Please you people should STOP desperately attaching to delta state

Secondly oyigbo, which is an Igbo community in River state dwarfs anything you people claim you produce.
Secondly, the oil in ondo state is oil you stole from delta state. Every part of ondo that produces oil came from delta. Obsanjo sneakily stole the lands. The same time oil producing lands were pulled from ABia and Imo and attached to river state were the same time oil producing lands were pulled from delta and attached to ondo. ...again I can back all this up with proof. Just say when.

I did not say that the are Yoruba. What I said was that they are Yoruba speaking communities and we never claim that their land is Yoruba land. We Southwesterners don't have the de sire to annex other people's lands or force them to identify with us because we share common ancestry and language. It is you people who are trying to force other people under you because of oil.

It is common knowledge here in the Southwest when we refer Igbo speaking people from the SS as Igbo's, they get angry with us, telling us not to refer to them as Igbo's. What do you have to say about that.

2 Likes

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by rlauncher(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
Oil is produced in Ilesha, Ondo State which is the ancestral home of the Ijesha people. Please tell me how and when Ilesha was formerly part of Ignoland before Obasanjo converted it to Yoruba land.

Ha, when will ipob people stop dreaming of annexation of other people's lands because of oil. >:

1 Like

Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by DLioness(f): 1:33am On Aug 09, 2016
rlauncher:

According to the report, Anambra does not produce any oil.

What actually shocked me is that the Southeast does not really produce much oil- just a paltry 1.74% , half what the SW produce and there is this deafening shout of "OUR OYEL".
The oil in ondo is from ijaw communities only. So stop stealn ijaw oil and claimin it for yoruba.
Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Ikechukwu48: 3:28am On Aug 09, 2016
rlauncher:

I did not say that the are Yoruba. What I said was that they are Yoruba speaking communities and we never claim that their land is Yoruba land. We Southwesterners don't have the de sire to annex other people's lands or force them to identify with us because we share common ancestry and language. It is you people who are trying to force other people under you because of oil.

It is common knowledge here in the Southwest when we refer Igbo speaking people from the SS as Igbo's, they get angry with us, telling us not to refer to them as Igbo's. What do you have to say about that.

Your stupidity is legendary.

For one thing slowpoke...I'm igbo from SS..delta state precisely. I mean Goddamn, I wrote it on that SAME comment you replied to. Wtf is wrong with you yolobas? Why are una so freaking stupid.

Secondly again slowpoke...the topic of oyigbo have been addressed on this forum and their stanch of their ethnicity highlighted on this forum using their OWN comment
https://www.nairaland.com/2693145/ndokis-not-ijaw---barcasinta-other-ijaws
https://www.nairaland.com/2739130/ndoki-ijaw-only-political-purpose---ijaw

Who the hell are you to try and tell people who the heck they are? I've NEVER seen a tribe as despicable and disgusting as you people.
Re: The Southwest Have Overtaken The Southeast In Oil Production by Ikechukwu48: 3:41am On Aug 09, 2016
rlauncher:

Oil is produced in Ilesha, Ondo State which is the ancestral home of the Ijesha people. Please tell me how and when Ilesha was formerly part of Ignoland before Obasanjo converted it to Yoruba land.

Ha, when will ipob people stop dreaming of annexation of other people's lands because of oil. >:

NBC Ceded Part Of Delta Oil Wells To Ondo State
https://www.nairaland.com/2708542/nbc-ceded-part-delta-oil

In 1977, the Obasanjo administration set up the Justice Mamman Nasir Boundary Commission and, following its report, the boundaries of some states were changed. Part of Western Ijaw went to Rivers State, part of Bendel went to Ondo; part of Rivers went to Cross Rivers and part of Imo went to Rivers.

Because of this, some oil wells changed hands. There was an oil well in Rivers very close to Imo and I was asked to demarcate where the oil well was actually located. After the exercise, it was found that the oil well was in Rivers.

Moreover, because parts of Bendel had gone to Ondo, there were five oil wells very close to the boundary. Initially, the Ondo people wanted the royalty to be shared 50-50 because they were very close to the boundary between both states.

In 1981, a Yoruba man, who was Director of Survey, wrote to the Ministry of Finance on the issue and, after charting, it was found that the oil wells were in Bendel State. He wrote to the Ministry of Finance that the Yoruba would not take this.

He went to Lagos, met with the Director of Survey and reported that a Bini man was behind the charting. Then my Director said no, he charted it. In 1984, Bamidele Otiko became the military governor of Ondo State and came to Lagos to meet my Director. At the meeting, my Director told Otiko he was responsible for the charting.

When Chief Olu – Falae became the Secretary to the Federal Government, he directed me to write a letter that pending the resolution of the Ondo – Bendel boundary adjustment issue, they should be sharing the royalty 50 – 50. I declined to write the letter.

They then posted one Ondo man to be the permanent secretary. He was reported to have said he was posted there to do their bidding and they would call him an outcast if he did not. After reading the file, he said I should do something, on the issue and I said, ‘No, you are the permanent secretary, draft the letter and sign it.

He refused. The then Minister of Works, Alhaji Abubakar Umar, was a witness to all these. Later some people did a letter purportedly written by me. When Mamman Kantagora became the Works Minister, he told me that the Armed Forces Ruling Council (AFRC) had retired me.

That was in 1988. The following week, the then Ondo governor called a press conference and told the media that I forged the map of Ondo – Bendel States to remove oil wells from Ondo to Bendel. The newspapers that published the story were sued for libel and I made them to write apology letters.

Since I was retired, they have not carried out any survey on the Ondo – Bendel boundary issue.
https://www.nairaland.com/2711759/how-ondo-became-oil-producing

Wtf were you saying again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndigbo Please Listen To My Advice / Sacked David Lyon Invitation Card For Tomorrows Swearing In Bayelsa (Photo) / 2021 Budget: PMB Sends Finance Bill 2020 To NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.