Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,740 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! (4957 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / Man Pictured Breastfeeding His Newborn Baby. Is This Healthy? / The Top 10 Youngest Mothers In History And Their Ages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 12:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
I didn't gain much weight while pregnant. I started gaining weight since I started breast feeding because of milk consumption I guess.

5minsmadness:
Its funny how most commentators here are males when this should be a mums thread undecided

Anyway op, breastfeeding actually burns fat. I suspect you are trying to watch your weight even while on your exclusive breastfeeding hence your increased appetite is your body's way of telling u to cut the crap and eat more until the baby stopS breastfeeding. A lot of ladies notice that the longer they breastfeed, the slimmer they become. Look it up. If u have gained any extra weight its from the pregnancy. Not the breastfeeding.

#goingbacktomybreastfeedingnow
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 12:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
Fat syndrome ke. I am size 10 (US) and want to go back to my former size 6 UK. I am what Nigerians will consider slim but I prefer my former size6 US which is size 4UK. Now is that fat??

Yomieluv:
my wife does EBF,yet remain slim,and eats too..

maybe you have fat syndrome in you..
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by 5minsmadness: 2:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
amtaken:
I know you are a female. That's all I can say for now. Princess.
Haaaaaahahahaha
You got her grin

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by Exponental(m): 3:14pm On Aug 06, 2016
You are eating for two... what's your complain for?

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 3:23pm On Aug 06, 2016
Yes na grin
5minsmadness:

Haaaaaahahahaha
You got her grin
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by MrPresident1: 3:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
amtaken:
I know you are a female. That's all I can say for now. Princess.

I want to be friends with your younger sister grin
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by cococandy(f): 3:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
I'm breastfeeding too and I've gone from 175 pounds to 131 pounds since I had my baby. (5months now)

Like someone said breastfeeding actually make you lose weight. This is because it takes an extra 500 calories per day for you to make milk for the baby.

The key is to control your appetite. When you get hungry like that, don't load your plate out of hunger. Incorporate more greens into your meal. Add more fiber to help you feel fuller sooner. Less carbs. More proteins. Drink more water. Increase your exercise routine. When you're starving hungry, try to eat slowly so that your brain has the time to release the hormones that signal your body that you're no longer starving. Ever wonder why we eat very large amounts of food and still feel like we are dying of hunger only for us to feel bloated some minutes later even though we haven't eaten anything extra. Yea the feeling of satiety takes time to kick in but usually before it comes, we've eaten way more than we need to because we rushed the meal.

These are the things that worked and are still working for me. I still have like 15pounds to lose.

I hope it works for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by thorpido(m): 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
cococandy:
I'm breastfeeding too and I've gone from 175 pounds to 131 pounds since I had my baby. (5months now)

Like someone said breastfeeding actually make you lose weight. This is because it takes an extra 500 calories per day for you to make milk for the baby.

The key is to control your appetite. When you get hungry like that, don't load your plate out of hunger. Incorporate more greens into your meal. Add more fiber to help you feel fuller sooner. Less carbs. More proteins. Drink more water. Increase your exercise routine. When you're starving hungry, try to eat slowly so that your brain has the time to release the hormones that signal your body that you're no longer starving. Ever wonder why we eat very large amounts of food and still feel like we are dying of hunger only for us to feel bloated some minutes later even though we haven't eaten anything extra. Yea the feeling of satiety takes time to kick in but usually before it comes, we've eaten way more than we need to because we rushed the meal.

These are the things that worked and are still working for me. I still have like 15pounds to lose.

I hope it works for you.
amtaken,see this post.
Yea,you will need to eat more while breastfeeding but watch the type of food you take when hungry.You don't have to take pastries,fried and fatty foods whenever you are hungry.Take vegetables and drink lots of water/pap.You really should be shedding weight while breastfeeding.You gaining weight means you are taking over and above what your baby really needs.

2 Likes

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks dearie.

thorpido:
amtaken,see this post.
Yea,you will need to eat more while breastfeeding but watch the type of food you take when hungry.You don't have to take pastries,fried and fatty foods whenever you are hungry.Take vegetables and drink lots of fluid/pap.You really should be shedding weight while breastfeeding.You gaining weight means you are taking over and above what your baby really needs.
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 7:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
Yeah but...
Exponental:
You are eating for two... what's your complain for?
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
She's taken.
MrPresident1:

I want to be friends with your younger sister grin
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 7:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks dear.
cococandy:

I hope it works for you.

1 Like

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 7:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lalasticlala I have really learnt a lot from fellow mums here.
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by MrPresident1: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2016
amtaken:
She's taken.

Let me guess, by another Yoruba man! grin

Imperial Yoruba taking over Amtaken's family cheesy cheesy
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 7:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
Lol she was taken by a Swedish gentleman.
MrPresident1:

Let me guess, by another Yoruba man! grin

Imperial Yoruba taking over Amtaken's family cheesy cheesy
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by MrPresident1: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
amtaken:
Lol she was taken by a Swedish gentleman.

Swedish-Yoruba gentleman! He must have Yoruba blood in him grin
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by lalasticlala(m): 10:09pm On Aug 06, 2016
amtaken:
Lalasticlala I have really learnt a lot from fellow mums here.

Yea that's good. I saw the topic the day you created it. I felt others should learn but this :

NB if you diss me because of this post your breasts will break into ten!!!

Though you may be joking sha..
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by Jtmanager(m): 10:58pm On Aug 06, 2016
lalasticlala:

Yea that's good. I saw the topic the day you created it. I felt others should learn but this :

hahahaha

pucture of the breast breakin into ten or i don beliv it

cc amtaken
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by amtaken(f): 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2016
Hahahahaha na joke na let me edit it now so you can move it to front page please grin
lalasticlala:

Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by Diego56: 10:10am On Dec 30, 2021
As your baby grows, however, he or she will be able to nurse longer periods, up to one hour each. In addition, nursing your baby will create a special bond between you. To know more about aging and breastfeeding, browse this site.
Re: Breastfeeding Makes Me Eat Like A Glutton. Mothers In The House Please Help! by preggyhealth: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2022
There is a program for nursing moms called weight watchers. It works on your lifestyle and diet while breastfeeding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

At 33, Everybody Wants Me Get Married But How? / Mother Theresa Orphanage Home, Ketu / God Y? Cant Beliv She Is Gone.... (lost My Sister on the new yr eve.., 31st)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.