Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,396 members, 7,861,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:39 AM

Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) (32305 Views)

Dogara Needs To Go Back To Law School Because Budget Padding Is Corruption / Dogara: Budget Padding Is Not Illegal … I Will NOT Resign / Dogara Sacks Abdulmumin Jibrin Over Budget Padding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by proprince(m): 12:38pm On Aug 06, 2016
is dogara not a bastard undecided
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2016
See kind of people nigerians elected to represent them, corruption fighting back. This thievgara needs jungle justice "asap" Buhari and APC are doing as if this is not CORRUPTION. If its were ALUU 4 those tout would have show their idiotus. 2019 will do needful.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Nusaf: 12:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
shortgun:
He is right
The national assembly is empowered by law to make modifications to bills submitted by the executive before it becomes law
They have the power to add, subtract, remove or alter the bill before passage.

We should desist from all this media trials....if Jebrin thinks he has a case.
He should go to court.
personally, I didn't take the man serous cos he only came to tell the world about Dogara's kwaruption when he was removed from a "juicy" House Committee Chairmanship.
why did he not sing d songs he is singing now when he was the chairman?
I guess his mouth was stuffed with d national cake preventing him from singing

Yes, the NASS has the powers to do all what u have mentioned, but what u deliberately left out is that the executive should be notified of such adjustments and failure to do so constitutes an offence.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Xano(m): 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
Interesting

Then, it was stealing is not corruption

Now, budget padding is not an offence.

It is very unfortunate.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by AlphaCentauri: 12:47pm On Aug 06, 2016
the bible supports dogaras assertion. technically speaking that is

romans 4 vs 15 where there is no law, there also is no violation.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy dogara carry go. the thunder wey go fire you dey jupiter

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by paparazzi07: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
this lawmakers are heartless.......just imagine.....dogara politizing a simple question........isi ewu

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by forray(m): 1:28pm On Aug 06, 2016
foladara777:

Unfortunately, you are wrong. For a person to be tried and convicted for a crime, the crime and its penalty must be written down in some statute or the other... Section 36(12) of the constitution. Budget padding entails adding more project- govt projects to the budget not conversion of government revenue to personal possession and since it is not prohibited by the criminal code or any other relevant statute, and penalty not prescribed, then it is not a crime

But when the president refuse to sign same budget because of the padding, u guys are hailing him and calling for the head of those who padded the budget. All of a sudden it's no longer a crime. When will u guys stop speaking from the both side of your mouth and without shame too.

So u are saying any member of the house can just inflat the budget and it's OK. Pls there is a due process for everything and I believe if he has gone true the due process in adding what ever he wanted to add to the budget, this whole drama won't have happened. What he did was for his benefit and it is wrong. And please stop twisting the law. Na wa for una oh

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by shaydeenamz(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
masseratti:
oga lawyer, being wrong is not a bad thing, we are just glorifying what they did with the word padding, what they did is just same as what was done in the Senate, changing the house rule without a senate resolution whatsoever, the members claimed they had no idea 40billion was included in the budget they passed, in case you dont know how it works, they will give each member a copy of what they are debating on,and they debate on it, pass or reject it based on a copy given to them by the clerk, thats how laws are passed, it is illegal for you to now put in what was not circulated to others, for the president who is not a member of the house to sign on, if the AGF knows his onions,Dogara, Jubrin and everyone involved will be in Jail, so oga teacher no teach me nonsense, this is a clear case of fraud, not even padding or padi padi government.
a member not members as far as am concern beside jibrin nobody has come out to say d speaker padded d budget.. after all dey make d budget,wot d president does is to give estimate n lawmakers will prepare d budget based on guidelines by d president. and we have SANS am sure if he was wrong dey would have called him out.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by bology: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2016
That was a flimsy escuse, why didnt he notify the house before he pad the budget? that was a criminal act. as for jibrin why did he hide the shameful act when he was the house chairman on appropriation commitee they are all thieves. Thank u jibrin for exposing Dogara

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Mboi: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2016
forray:

But when the president refuse to sign same budget because of the padding, u guys are hailing him and calling for the head of those who padded the budget. All of a sudden it's no longer a crime. When will u guys stop speaking from the both side of your mouth and without shame too.

So u are saying any member of the house can just inflat the budget and it's OK. Pls there is a due process for everything and I believe if he has gone true the due process in adding what ever he wanted to add to the budget, this whole drama won't have happened. What he did was for his benefit and it is wrong. And please stop twisting the law. Na wa for una oh
Thank you very much, exactly what I wanted to say. Don't mind those Zombies who have sold their brains and birth right out, suffering and smiling with empty stomach with back pain. They thought it was Ekweremadu and Saraki that padded the budget, now it is open that it was their God father, they changed their dancing step.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by adegeye38(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2016
WE GET THE TYPE OF LEADERS WE DESERVE BECAUSE OUR bleeped UP SOCIETY KEEPS PRODUCING THEM.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by entrepreneurmic: 1:45pm On Aug 06, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
NIGERIA IS CURSED, A CURSED COUNTRY.
WITH D WAY THING ARE GOING, IF CORRUPTION IS WORSHIP EVERYDAY, THEN ONE DAY ALL D POOR WILL RAISE & EAT UP ALL CORRUPT PADDED RICH, THEN D COUNTRY WIL B WORSE THAN SYRIA. MAY GOD PROTECT HIS CHILDREN FROM THESE PADDED CLASS OF PEOPLE WHO HAS DECIDED TO PAD THEIR POCKETS.

2 Likes

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Galacious1: 1:51pm On Aug 06, 2016
ionsman:
And to think I used to like this man. These people are all the same.
same here. I pity dis nation

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by shortgun(m): 2:13pm On Aug 06, 2016
Nusaf:

Yes, the NASS has the powers to do all what u have mentioned, but what u deliberately left out is that the executive should be notified of such adjustments and failure to do so constitutes an offence.
it is the executive dat will have to finally sign d budget into law.
if they don't agree with any adjustment by d national assembly, d president will have to send d budget back to the Assembly.

in this case d budget has already been signed after a lot of back n fort movement.
There is no point crying over spilled milk here.

The way it stands now, not even the supreme court can alter the figures in the budget (weather it was padded or not)cos its already a law.
with this you will agree dat Jibrin is chasing after shadows.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by arterxerxes: 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
If death sentence is not given to politicians, then we are in for trouble in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Nychillax(m): 3:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
musicwriter:

Do you really believe the presidency wasn't aware of the padding? There's no way Dogara will have the audacity to say such to Buhari, if the presidency wasn't aware of the padding from beginning.

Lol,u gat it wrong..... He said it coz he is a Lawyer not bcoz PMB was involved.I hope u bliv that PMB saw it coming....??
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by charming4: 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2016
Are we not just "fantastically corrupt" as already stated

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by annnikky(f): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2016
Naija n corruption r like bread n butter

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by masseratti: 4:33pm On Aug 06, 2016
shaydeenamz:
a member not members as far as am concern beside jibrin nobody has come out to say d speaker padded d budget.. after all dey make d budget,wot d president does is to give estimate n lawmakers will prepare d budget based on guidelines by d president. and we have SANS am sure if he was wrong dey would have called him out.
yes we have SANs and if he was wrong and they all called him out, how do you want them to make money? the executive prepare the economy agenda through its budget, its the presidency bill not the National Assembly bill but Subject to the approval of the NA after which the president will sign and it becomes law, the NA has no right to prepare budget, if they are not in agreement on anything, they send the bill bacl to the presidency for amendment and its brought back to them for approval, its same thing with Board of Directors, we are not the only country doing budgeting, this people are disgrace to us.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Obamina(m): 5:00pm On Aug 06, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
NIGERIA IS CURSED, A CURSED COUNTRY.
don't fool yourself to earn cheap likes.
My nation is not cursed but blessed, and God bear me witness.
People like u die mysteriously cos of wrong usage of tongue
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by CHANNELStv2020: 5:04pm On Aug 06, 2016
Obamina:
don't fool yourself to earn cheap likes.
My nation is not cursed but blessed, and God bear me witness.
People like u die mysteriously cos of wrong usage of tongue
IDIOT I DAY CHOP LIKE? I am simply saying my opinion, if u want your children's future should be like Nigeria's say amen.

1 Like

Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by ANAKONDA: 8:32pm On Aug 06, 2016
The nigerian executive rogues are emboldened by the day and someone claims to be fighting corruption.
Mr Corruption threw a cube of sugar into a party called APC to attract all the brazenly-corrupt in the society in order to finally milk the nation dry.

Indeed, Mr. David Cameron was right.
I loved the way he said it to the face of the ring-leader - Nigeria is a fantastically corrupt country.
Nothing can be truer.
Nigeria is a farce, a charade.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by sharpchap: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
I think it is a very simple thing. If you take something that doesn't belong to you it is stealing. Plain and simple dogara na thief.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by paulabdeel(m): 9:50pm On Aug 06, 2016
The man is a Lawyer, he stated that there is no offence called padding. He is very correct. But I am sure there are offences like forgery, falsification of figure etc. I have not looked at the Penal Code for over five years, and I do not have one at hand.
However, although the House of Representative is empowered to make alterations to budgets, it must be done by the whole house or a Committee of the house subject to the approval of the house. It cannot be done surreptitiously by anyone including the Speaker. If it is so done, it amounts to forgery. And this offence cannot be covered by parliamentary immunity, because it is a malfeasance. Dogara, I am also a Lawyer and I have been for some time too and practiced in the North.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by paulabdeel(m): 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2016
CHANNELStv2020:
IF BLESSED SHOW ME AN EXAMPLE SIR

Statements like "Nigeria is cursed" are counterproductive. God said ... As I have heard you say so shall I do. Continue to bless this country so that God will bless it.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by Moahmed: 12:26am On Aug 07, 2016
Chigold101:
see it is APC and their media team that made budget padding look like an offence.

Budget padding simply means “adding.“
Legislatures have the right to add & minus from a “proposed“ bill but cos we are in era of “media frenzy“ anything becomes news to them and again the easiest & fastest way of getting into our president from Daura‘s heart is by accusing a high profile politician of curropy practises.

My friend you must go back to school!!!!padding means to expand or add to unnecessarily or dishonestly. Your parent wasted their fortune paying your school fees.
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by paxonel(m): 2:44am On Aug 07, 2016
paulabdeel:
The man is a Lawyer, he stated that there is no offence called padding. He is very correct. But I am sure there are offences like forgery, falsification of figure etc. I have not looked at the Penal Code for over five years, and I do not have one at hand.
However, although the House of Representative is empowered to make alterations to budgets, it must be done by the whole house or a Committee of the house subject to the approval of the house. It cannot be done surreptitiously by anyone including the Speaker. If it is so done, it amounts to forgery. And this offence cannot be covered by parliamentary immunity, because it is a malfeasance. Dogara, I am also a Lawyer and I have been for some time too and practiced in the North.
Don't mind dogara, he is confused lawyer himself,
padding is not a word for an offence.
padding is a word used by jubril(which was never used before, that's why the word is strange) to describe a situation where two different entity are fused together to make it appear as if they are one.
In the context of budget padding, it means, fusing personal projects(which was never part of the projects to be funded by the signed budgets) to the tune of N40billion naira.
so, understand what jubril is driving at.
that simply means, federal government will be using tax money of poor nigerians to fund dogara's N40billion personal projects unknowingly.
Now, the funny thing is, the press people who interviewed dogara on coming out of aso villa, where defeated by dogara ,simply because they were not asking the right questions.
they were asking, are you not afraid?
why did you pad the budget?
they never defined what jubril meant by budget padding to him, so, he uses the state of ignorance, of the meaning of padding to escape answering vital questions.
you see how shameless these people are?
Re: Dogara: "Budget Padding Is Not An Offense, I Am Lawyer" - (video) by bnanzip(m): 10:57am On Aug 07, 2016
Padding is wrong and it is against the law. It is stealing. They legislators would not want to amend that aspect of corruption because they always want to steal our commonwealth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Seyi Makinde's Mother, Abigail Makinde (Photos, Video) / Muric Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exam On Salah Day / What I Experienced As Obi’s Chief Of Staff – Prof Okunna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.