Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) (1269 Views)

Buratai On A Courtesy Visit To Governor Masari (Photos) / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Make Sure Nothing Happens To Tinubu And Others – Fayose Tells Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by sarrki(m): 6:28am On Aug 06, 2016
Olubadan of Ibadan land, His Imperial Majesty, Oba Saliu Adetunji has paid a courtesy visit to the national leader of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The monarch was accompanied by his wives, chiefs and other members of his entourage.

He said his visit to Asiwaju is to reciprocate the invaluable role played by the astute politician during his coronation as the Olubadan of Ibadan in March this year.

Oba Adetunji praised Bola Tinubu for his untiring effort in ensuring that Nigeria becomes a better place for all.

http://nigeria.tvcnews.tv/2016/08/06/olubadan-pays-courtesy-visit-tinubu/

Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by hungryboy(m): 6:31am On Aug 06, 2016
Na dis kind topic dey confuse me,
So wetin una wan make we do for dem now?
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 06, 2016
First, Olubadan is not an imperial majesty.

Second, what the heck is wrong with these Yoruba kings of nowadays anyway?

Is it that they are hungry and they feel they have to do banbiala upandan the landscape of Africa visiting every dick, tom and harry?

He took the crown and dignity of all Ibadan people and went to lay it at the house of a crook.

Shame on you Kabiyesi, your subjects are the ones to visit your palace not the other way around.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by babyfaceafrica: 6:47am On Aug 06, 2016
Nice one...but who oba visit epp?
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by Mynd44: 7:07am On Aug 06, 2016
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by moshmusth(m): 7:13am On Aug 06, 2016
This is what u get when u introduce politics into kingship
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by DropShot: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2016
Ioannes:

Is it that they are hungry and they feel they have to do banbiala upandan the landscape of Africa visiting every dick, tom and harry?

He took the crown and dignity of all Ibadan people and went to lay it at the house of a crook.

Shame on you Kabiyesi, your subjects are the ones to visit your palace not the other way around.
Tinubu is not his subject.

Kings are free to visit and mingle as they deem fit as long as they don't bring ridicule to the stool.

4 Likes

Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by JingoOAU(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2016
Ioannes:

Haba, this is too much naa
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2016
JingoOAU:

Haba, this is too much naa

But its the simple truth now. Inasmuch as I respect our kings, they are watering down the institution and leaving nothing for us to pass on to our children.

Traditions are sacred and should be preserved by them for our sakes. cry
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 06, 2016
DropShot:

Tinubu is not his subject.

Kings are free to visit and mingle as they deem fit as long as they don't bring ridicule to the stool.

Visiting and mingling is bringing ridicule to the stool.

The king is supposed to be an august presence when he goes for functions.

But if he has visited and mingled with everybody already, he's just another attendee at any function. He may as well just lay down his crown and don an abeti-aja cap like the rest of us.

Oh BTW, Tinubu is his subject as long as he is a Yoruba man.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by bamite(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2016
To what end?
Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by seunmsg(m): 8:03am On Aug 06, 2016
Ioannes:
[s]First, Olubadan is not an imperial majesty.

Shame on you Kabiyesi, your subjects are the ones to visit your palace not the other way around.[/s]

Trash!

You are an extremely ignorant person and your comment above is absolute nonsense. This is the 21st century and traditional rulers no longer wields any political power. Any traditional ruler that wants to remain influential must reach out and build bridges to political elites and our Oba's understand this very well.

Reaching out to political leaders who supported and contributed to his inauguration is in no way demeaning, it is a show of appreciation and also a show of respect and fostering unity among Yoruba leaders. Where were you when Tinubu visited him in Ibadan? You better learn to stop talking trash about what you don't know anything about.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 06, 2016
seunmsg:

Trash!

You are an extremely ignorant person and your comment above is absolute nonsense. This is the 21st century and traditional rulers no longer wields any political power. Any traditional ruler that wants to remain influential must reach out and build bridges to political elites and our Oba's understand this very well.

Reaching out to political leaders who supported and contributed to his inauguration is in no way demeaning, it is a show of appreciation and also a show of respect and fostering unity among Yoruba leaders. Where were you when Tinubu visited him in Ibadan? You better learn to stop talking trash about what you don't know anything about.

Its okay. I know the olubadan is your daddy that's why you have taken it upon yourself to type a term paper.

If you have any iota of sense you'll know my opinion is my opinion. So calling it trash or taking it upon yourself to insult my moniker shows that you're a dimwitted yayana. (OK, I just made up that word, specially for you. You can customize it OK?)

We are talking about saving our traditional and historic cultural values, you are yarning dust about political nonsense.

So because traditional rulers no longer wield real power we should lay their crowns by the riverside?

The same Tinubu that took your destiny by taking advantage of his position as a public office holder is the same person you're foaming at the mouth here defending.

If we don't respect Oba alade, a crowned king anymore, why can't we pretend to, just for the sake of posterity?

Would Tinubu have died if he had gone to greet the Oba in his palace even though the whole world knows that he was the one instrumental to his being chosen?

If the President of this country prosptrates for anybody in greeting, do you know the implication at all?

So the Oba must be seen junketting around because he wants to build political bridge, are you the engineer?

Better be careful quoting me unnecessarily. I don't have time for e-squabble this lovely Saturday morning.

1 Like

Re: Olubadan Pays A Courtesy Visit To Tinubu (pix) by Tequilah: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ioannes:
... So the Oba must be seen junketting around because he wants to build political bridge, are you the engineer?

Better be careful quoting me unnecessarily. I don't have time for e-squabble this lovely Saturday morning.

Una just wan kill person with laugh for dis place!! shocked cheesy cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

If Jonathan Provokes Us Further , We Will Expose More Shocking Details- RNDA / Nigerian Army Confirms Death Of Boko Haram’s Leader Abubakar Shekau Is DEAD. / I Feel Better, Buhari Tells Ganduje On Phone-the Sun Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.