Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture (2728 Views)

See Obafemi Awolowo Lookalike When He Was In His 30s(pix) / The Unveiling Of The New Chief Obafemi Awolowo Statue By Governor Ambode / Obafemi Awolowo And His Wife On Their Wedding Day In 1937 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by greatdonmikell: 6:41am On Aug 06, 2016
Here is the late sage pictured with the 50th Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade at the coronation ceremony of the immediate past Olu of Warrri Ogiame Atuwatse II on May 2, 1987. The event would be Awo’s last public appearance before his painful exit on 9th May, 1987.
Source; http://www.lagoslately.com/see-obafemi-awolowos-last-photo/

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by HungerBAD: 6:42am On Aug 06, 2016
Respect.

A Proud Awoist.

A Proud Zikist.

Proud follower of Akanu Ibiam.

Proud follower of Mallam Aminu Kanu.

My Respect to Ambrose Alli.

I doff my hat to Michael Okpara.

Love you Festus Okotie-Eboh.

Joseph Tarka you are noted(we remember how Godwin Daboh stabbed you in the back)

Lastly,your name in the mind of Scholars Like us will never be forgotten PA Anthony Enahoro.

These were men who heard the Clarion call to serve,and served Nigeria in the Era when Service meant Honor.

Respect.

11 Likes

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by teekay213(m): 6:50am On Aug 06, 2016
rest on in peace baba,your legacy still lives on.

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by viyon02: 6:51am On Aug 06, 2016
the president nigeria never had:how i wish todays politicians have 40% of his orientation about politics.

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by Godemcee(m): 7:04am On Aug 06, 2016
Rip baba awolowo,a man full of intelligence nd great policy. Nigeria would forever miss you,the best president nigeria could have ever had

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by ritababe(f): 7:34am On Aug 06, 2016
ok
Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by squarelead(m): 7:55am On Aug 06, 2016
That time when Nigeria had leaders not rulers.

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by ManMountain(m): 7:57am On Aug 06, 2016
He thought out the best war winning strategy ever by mankind.
Keep resting in peace good Papa.

2 Likes

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by seunmsg(m): 8:14am On Aug 06, 2016
"The best president Nigeria never had" - Ojukwu.
Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by Nobody: 8:20am On Aug 06, 2016
He was probably killed by the mean looking man staring at him at his back. Anyone knows his name? undecided

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4069498_awolo_jpegfe50256e46b3620614ca2655b295d37e

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by LORDOFAFONJAS: 8:22am On Aug 06, 2016
He died a coward

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 06, 2016
LORDOFAFONJAS:
He died a coward

Same as Ojukwu.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by juman(m): 8:25am On Aug 06, 2016
Obafemi awolowo, the father of yoruba people.
Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by koladebrainiac(m): 8:27am On Aug 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Respect.

A Proud Awoist.

A Proud Zikist.

Joseph Tarka you are noted(we remember how Godwin Daboh stabbed you in the back)

Lastly,your name in the mind of Scholars Like us will never be forgotten PA Anthony Enahoro.

These were men who heard the Clarion call to serve,and served Nigeria in the Era when Service meant Honor.

Respect.

Okotieh eboh that finance minister that was extremely corrupt. Was he not killed

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by Progressive01(m): 8:52am On Aug 06, 2016
HungerBAD:
Respect.

A Proud Awoist.

A Proud Zikist.

Respect.

You be OLD man, and a wise one. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by HungerBAD: 9:01am On Aug 06, 2016
Progressive01:
You be OLD man, and a wise one. smiley

Lol

3 Likes

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by anungangampu: 10:09am On Aug 06, 2016
Awolowo...The Father of Tribalism.
. He kept jamming heads together just to be relevant. From First coup to Aburi accord to Biafran war . Yet never became a president. Your betrayal tendencies has now become a stereotype among your people.

Hmmmm you really died a tribalist.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by malele(m): 10:17am On Aug 06, 2016
greatdonmikell:
Here is the late sage pictured with the 50th Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade at the coronation ceremony of the immediate past Olu of Warrri Ogiame Atuwatse II on May 2, 1987. The event would be Awo’s last public appearance before his painful exit on 9th May, 1987.
Source; http://www.lagoslately.com/see-obafemi-awolowos-last-photo/

What made it a painful exit?

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by buharisbae(f): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2016
isit not this beggy beggy man they tot me about grin grin

2 Likes

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by chosen6(f): 10:30am On Aug 06, 2016
seunmsg:
"The best president Nigeria never had" - Ojukwu.
Yes! Meaning "so after the boy boy for the Awusa/Fulanis, they couldn't not even allow you to rule the country for even a day?" Awo, therefore, in your tomb should be written, you are the truly the best president the contraption called niGERia never had.

3 Likes

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by chosen6(f): 10:40am On Aug 06, 2016
..But is it is true that the man committed suicide courtesy of £20 rat poison? Which some people claim and see as a "karma pay" for the £20 that he approved to be paid for every Biafran that can prove that he/she holds a bank account worth more than same amount lodged in his/her account during the Nigeria civil war?.

1 Like

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by anungangampu: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2016
buharisbae:
isit not this beggy beggy man they tot me about grin grin
nwanyia ibu onye ebe
Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by betterABIAstate: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2016
Before he drank rat poison

3 Likes

Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by Okwyjesus(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
anungangampu:
Awolowo...The Father of Tribalism.
. He kept jamming heads together just to be relevant. From First coup to Aburi accord to Biafran war . Yet never became a president. Your betrayal tendencies has now become a stereotype among your people.

Hmmmm you really died a tribalist.

He is a tribalist. But to the west a hero.
Re: See Obafemi Awolowo's Last Picture by ATERI(m): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2016
The first and the last special one ever born in Nigeria!

(1) (Reply)

This Politician Is So Poor His Family Only Travel with Keke (pic) / Ugwuanyi Charges Eas On Policy Sensitization, Peace, Reconciliation / UK Government Bans Amaechi Son From Entering UK Over Amaechi Hate Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.