Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,165 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... (32836 Views)

Body Itching After Bath, is there no balm in Gilead ?? / Body Part Commonly Neglected While Bathing. / How To Stop Itching After Shaving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by rotecch77(m): 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2017
This problem is called INO-RUN in yoruba.
*Reduce eaten of cow meat always.
*bath with very clean water always .
* Then go to where they sale harb ask them to prepare INORUN Agbo for you.
Thanks me later
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by exporttraining: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2017
Stop complaining with the use of this super healing herbal soap. it works great. interested reach 08035268121. ]Change that your 5yr old towel and stop using a lame ass soap[/quote]

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Myzzyfrazzy(m): 6:16pm On Aug 12, 2017
I have this same similar experience. I dont get the itching when I bath really hot water.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by DreManuel(m): 6:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.

Do you bathe with sponge?

I used to have that sensation until I stopped bathing with sponge almost 12 years ago. Now, I only use soap to bath and I don't itch again after bathing.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by CarlosTheJackal: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
It's been happening to me for as long as I remember.
I have stopped bathing with sponge, it reduced slightly.
I have stopped bathing with cold water, it reduced slightly.
Tried different types of soaps , to no avail.
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
My wife thinks it's psychological.
i experience same but mostly during rainy season. I think its psychological. I tend to remove my mind from it when I'm taking my bath

4 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by hapi4eva: 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
Honestly, that's the exact issue am having right now. Am so confused at the moment becos it's very fustrating...imagine been scared to bath becos of this itching

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Respecter(f): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
Stop using hard sponge and always use mild soap and warm water for your bathing,this is what stopped mine,
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by fokeleyeyahoo: 6:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
Kindly see a dermatologist for further diagnosis and evaluation to ascertain the cause of the itching.note ur urine will also be tested for diabetes as it causes itching too.but for now use dove moisturising cream and soap as well as bath with Nizoral foam bath thrice a week
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by hibly(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
All the solutions given are short-term solutions. "Don't use sponge, always use warm water, use soft water, restricting yourself to a particular soap" For how many years will you do all of those.
It's hereditary and I've had since I've been conscious enough to remember stuffs. My mum had it too.
Just ignore the itching. Don't put your mind to it. You sha still dey bath daily and you nor die..
Dress as quick as possible after bathing.
It'll go eventually..maybe when you reach age 30 grin
Pele...Endure

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by clark0: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Doctors and all concerned nairalanders, I really need to know if there is any treatment for itching especially after morning bath. I have used up all means known to me including, bathing hot water, applying aboniki after bath, etc. I brought this to nairaland believing to get a lasting solution. Thank you my good people.

I understand exactly what you going through, I used to suffer same some few months back, I think you are reacting to the water or something.. This sole problem was what made me leave Ghana for good because i was reacting to their water.. I would recommend you buy Dermatological E45 cream..
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Mobikay101(m): 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2017
It's happens to me also especially when I stop rubbing cream for like a week. I felt the itching.. it stop when I start using baby pears lottion. Or try and see a doctor for rheumatism injection.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by jamesatiti: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2017
Hi , I used to worry about this when I was little. I later realised that's there are a lot of factors responsible for this . I made some research and realised it's the skin . Your skins opens up and close immediately. The point of opening and closing is when the itching occurs .

1.. Use Clean towels most especially, I have up to four towels . I Use 3 -4 times

2. Use anticeptic soap .

3. Wear your cloths immediately after clean up .

4 always stay where there is an AC or fan . Especially after u have your bath .

5. Wear clean cloths

I still experinece this thought but not as frequently as when I was little

[]

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by raldoh(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
I am suffering from the same issue with you. But the moment I stopped using sponge I never smell anything like that again. So I will advise you to stop using sponge.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Killurself: 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2017
It happened to me long time ago, what I did is, I stopped using sponge only soap and water, if you ve dettol you can add to the water, make sure ur towel is very clean. Try and see
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by jamesatiti: 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2017
I had mine for 27 years

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Abiagirl777(f): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
my husband use to suffer it,it was so bad that we change the bedsheets,towels every 3_4 days,put on the fan immediately he is coming out from the bathroom,bathed warmy hotwater(lol) for where.he stopped using sponge even mild soap still it persisted.I used to cry for him.l later googled it and came across a term 'Aquagenic Piururitis(something like that),an allergy sort of.We went and explained to a pharmacist and he gave us a certain allergy cream and just one application it stopped.he still has the marks from the scratching all over his body though.

it almost 2 yrs now and it hasn't reoccurred .

2 Likes

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Raintaker(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Bro stop bathing with a sponge and thank me later.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by dejt4u(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
rotecch77:
This problem is called INO-RUN in yoruba.
*Reduce eaten of cow meat always.
*bath with very clean water always .
* Then go to where they sale harb ask them to prepare INORUN Agbo for you.
Thanks me later
I think you are right.. I was given some small white tablets to treat that and it worked.. also, OP can try adding dettol to his bathing water
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by 46arcadez(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Same with me bro, have tried all soaps, cold/hot/warm water while bathing, Hard soap/soft soap.
I dont use sponge again but it still persists.
Finds it difficult to bath now.
Pls update me incase of any solution.
Mine has lasted for like 23yrs now

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by sleekyonyx(f): 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
You're suffering from Aquagenic pruritis, it's an allergy.
Try bathing with lukewarm water, avoid hot bath to prevent excessive dryness. Use a moisturising cream. Change ur sponge and towel. Taking Piriton will also relief itching.

1 Like

Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Ashley86400: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2017
You may be allergic to water. .
Google "Aquagenic Urticaria"...
Is a medical condition.

Either that,

Or there are some substance or chemicals in the water you are allergic to.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by pattilious(f): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
Yea happen to me once ws cos by d soap
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2017
queenpin:
It's been happening to me for as long as I remember.
I have stopped bathing with sponge, it reduced slightly.
I have stopped bathing with cold water, it reduced slightly.
Tried different types of soaps , to no avail.
But I have noticed that I don't itch in the mornings when am rushing out to work etc. I only itch if I take my bath and am staying back at home or after my evening bath.
My wife thinks it's psychological.
Exactly the same way mine does. It dznt itch wen am rushing.
I even stopped using cold water n sponge buh still nufn. Even dettol dznt work
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by okv87: 7:01pm On Aug 12, 2017
There are many causes to that but to mention but a few
= dirty towel
= +3 malaria parasite
= dirty bathroom

My advice is always ensure cleanliness and add detol to your bathing water whether cold or hot.
Then take malaria tablet or look for Pax herbal malaria drugs. Thank you.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by 46arcadez(m): 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2017
ETHIX:

I have been through this many years ago. if you want a solution to ur problem pls stop using sponge to bath. use only soap. Any type of soap without sponge is ok.

The last time I used sponge was in 1998 and there was no itching of any sort. In 2005, I tot over the years it would have stopped and I tried to use a new sponge I bought to my amazement the itching was much. I quickly ran to the bathroom for another round of bath. till today I don't use sponge.

Dirty towel or soap or water is not the problem but stop using sponge of any kind. just rub soap on ur body and use hand to wash it down. You can bath as many times as u like and there will be no negative reaction. just try it now after reading this piece and thank me later.

Dirty towel,water? I have used clean towel, new soap and bottle water (eva) to bath and it still happend.
It only stopped after playing football and u take ur bath.
I guess it have to do with body temperature.
I really need help
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
Do a urine culture,when the result comes out take the appropriate antibiotics within a week it'll stop,neglect and skin graft test or anti-allergy drugs or any of the above recommendations because as you already know they arent working.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by Taiwo20(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:

most likely microfilaria....but see a doctor and do some test to be sure.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by mufutau55(m): 7:17pm On Aug 12, 2017
OP. Put some drops of Dettol (Antiseptic Liquid) in your bathing water. It will go into your system thru your skin pulse. Try it and see if this helps.

I am sure Dettol is still available in your local Pharmacy or Drug store. You can also use the Dettol soap.

Hajji M.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by phemsie(m): 7:20pm On Aug 12, 2017
Try to soak ur towel with hot water and bleach, u will see all the culprits. It has happened to me before, I tot it's the water , until I was the towel before I was finally free. So bro, do the needful
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by tintingz(m): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Before you start following people different advice here, first of all go and do a test, the cause of their itches might be different from yours.

It might be an infection, go and do blood or urine test.
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by obindomanya(m): 7:24pm On Aug 12, 2017
Joygalore:
Do a full blood count (FBC). Take piriton or loratadine
Re: Itching After Bathing - I Need Help... by femiaction(m): 7:33pm On Aug 12, 2017
Mbkite:
Hello Mbkite, I don't believe that doctors have solution to this problem. Only God can heal you. I have been through this over 30 years. Please stop using sponge or towel to bath. use only soap. I stopped using sponge since 1985. Since I stopped using sponge I experienced it twice in a year. I have visited many hospitals. I did blood and skin test. I took many pills and traditionally medicine. 20 years ago I used to visit hospital once in a year to collect one medicine. My brother I suffered from this problem but I thank God for my healing after many years. I did not experience it this year I believed that God has healed me. But I am not using sponge or towel. I am using only soap to bath.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother At The Gym With Her Baby Strapped To Her Back (Photo) / Coronavirus: Chikwe Ihekweazu Quarantined (Nigeria Disease Control Agency Boss) / Outrage As Gbagada General Hospital, Lagos, Liters The Road With Patients Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.