Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads (3707 Views)

My Adorable Niece Paying Rapt Attention To Her Ipad With Legs Crossed. Photo / How Does A Husband Cope With A Wife Who Gives More Attention To The Kids / 'my Husband Has Attention Each Time He Carries Our Daughters On His Lap' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by jaybee3(m): 2:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
thorpido:
they can be directed to TeHN then.

TeHN is actually very good at saying No if things don't add up
Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by thorpido(m): 2:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaybee3:

TeHN is actually very good at saying No if things don't add up
Yes,that's why they should actually come to TeHN so the wheat can be separated from the chaff quickly.

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by delishpot: 11:26am On Nov 21, 2016
carmag:

As in...

i wanted to reply you later found out it was
a little girl then I kept quite. ....

if you're looking forward in helping NL to generate
money then you can place an advert...
and thank me later

bye the way what are you doing in family section
you should be romancing in romance section

She has every right to be anywhere Na. Wisdom has no age limit.
As for the topic, I do not know if shaming them without proof is a smart move. I would say people should be careful about helping people online.
Me sef, the whole thing tire me.

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by dangotesmummy: 1:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ahannn efemena grin

Why you wicked like this grin

See as you dey open their yash grin

If they don't scam where Do you expect them to get Xmas money to flex and paint Lagos red grin
Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by dangotesmummy: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Requesting a fee be charged for every thread created defeats the underlying purpose of nland which is to promote a free, entertainment forum to everyone, and would definitely reduce traffic - considerably - which is certainly not what Seun would want, I'm sure.

Secondly, think about it: who really would want to pay just to open a thread if not for advertising purposes? And how many people would log on just to read advertisements they neither want nor care for in the first place?

Thirdly, enforcing a fee for creating threads would not totally eliminate the problem. It may to an extent as you've suggested but a hardened scammer would see it as a small sacrifice to yield bigger returns.

No, I think it should remain a free forum, but those misusing the privilege for scamming purposes should be named and shamed, with the threat of reporting them to the authorities as a deterrent to other potential would-be-scammers.
you didn't adress awon MMM marketers on nairaland grin
Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by armyofone(m): 11:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
Ummm, Christmas is coming. Need father or mother Christmas too. Please pass the plate reach Efe and danquotemum. Butter my bread oh Lordi.
Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by avicky(f): 5:40pm On Jan 07, 2017
remsonik:
I think Efemena is right. I think there should be mods ready to meet this people asking for help or they themselves should be ready to present themselves and valid identification of the problems should be carried out.
I concur.

EfememaXY.. Happy new year
Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by avicky(f): 5:44pm On Jan 07, 2017
sisisioge:
Seun na Capone o, guy just dey observe.

I strongly agree with Efe, these touts need some serious redress. They must think they are invincible. Also, I think no scam thread should be deleted again, it pays to be able to tap into the perpetual memory of the internet in tracing them. A word, a name, a phrase or a whole sentence might be their giveaway when history is sorted.
Seun is headstrong like oweniwe said and he doesn't heed to people's advice.
So many scams in the auto section.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by baby124: 6:15pm On Jan 07, 2017
I agree. It's killing this site. Seun has to do something about it.

1 Like

Re: For Seun's Attention: Scamming Threads by okwabayi(m): 1:16am On Jun 04, 2018
...and after two full years of laying this complaint the corporate beggars and scammers have gotten bolder.
1. The admin is powerless or not willing to better the situation.

2. I agree with the poster who said their presence is inevitable on social platforms.

3. I have resolved to being tight fisted to combat the situation from my end. I now believe it's better to regret not giving at all than going through the hangover from the realization of getting defrauded successfully.

4. I now call out people begging for support. I don't care if they are legit or not. There are too many scammers who have made a doubting Thomas out of me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Delta Marriage Culture / Will She Be A Good Wife? I'm Confused, Help Me. / Why Do Men Cheat On Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.