Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,257 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? (8301 Views)

Who Is A True Christian? Let's Ask Some Major Christian Sects / Why Do Pastors Prefer Malachi To Deuteronomy When Preaching About Tithe? / Truthmans2012, Annunaki2 Or Parisbookaddict, Who Is The True Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Iseoluwani: 1:46pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hmm a delicate question, that involves wisdom.

In this dispensation I will just tell the bozz he has a call, the worst he will do z sack me. And when he does I will have my fingers crossed waiting For God to do the miraculous.

It's a two sided coin

On the other hand he might not sack me but scream at me, I will let him know my stand that GOD
FIRST

HONESTLY it z a difficult situation. But those that know their God shall be strong and do exploit

That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
KJV:If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Phil 3:10-11
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Philinho(m): 1:47pm On Aug 07, 2016
Live a life that will convinced your boss that you're not that type of a person who can lie. And your boss cannot try that shit with you.
Note:it doesn't matter how far lies had gone, one day truth must surely overtake
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by eph12(m): 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
You don't have to lie or say he is not around. Just say he is unavailable to receive the call, get the message and promise your boss will get back to him or her.
That's how to be a PA.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Iseoluwani: 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
SmooshCHN:
My boss is not available at the moment.. Even the Bible ask you to be wise

Satan's wisdom turned to craftiness the moment he was sent out of heaven.

I think that's been crafty not wise. Because a lie will always be a lie
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by atirolu(m): 1:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
The bible says: " the truth shall set you free" not the job....
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by lovat(m): 1:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
MzPecs:
I'll simply say "I'm sorry, my boss can't speak with you right now" cool
Your answer shows you are still a learner on the job.

#StraightSack
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by lovat(m): 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2016
eph12:
You don't have to lie or say he is not around. Just say he is unavailable to receive the call, get the message and promise your boss will get back to him or her.
That's how to be a PA.
mzpecs this is apt
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by jnrbayano(m): 1:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
"My boss is currently unavailable. Could you kindly call back much later or leave a message for him"

Not difficult to reason out. No?
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Larryfest(m): 2:00pm On Aug 07, 2016
HighQue007:
My candid advice.

Say the truth cos u r a good christian so you can lose your Job; then go to ur church and ask ur pastor to pay you salary.

Lol that's correct but then the pastor is even looking forward to your tithes and offerings so that's going to be a bit of a conundrum.....
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Ashez: 2:01pm On Aug 07, 2016
Your integrity as a true believer/Christian matters to God, personally I will say the truth. If I loose the job then so be it. With an honest answer u might be set free, but lying to cover yourself, yeah u might still retain ur job but tomorrow something else might still make u loose the job.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by jnrbayano(m): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ashez:
Your integrity as a true believer/Christian matters to God, personally I will say the truth. If I loose the job then so be it. With an honest answer u might be set free, but lying to cover yourself, yeah u might still retain ur job but tomorrow something else might still make u loose the job.

What is wrong in saying "my boss is currently unavailable, pls can you call back much later or leave a message"?

Is it a lie?
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by HASSANAASIA(f): 2:12pm On Aug 07, 2016
Idrismusty97:
LOL, As a good Christian it is OK to fornicate so long as you don't lie
as a christian your not suppose to do a whole lot including fornication
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by liztemi(f): 2:15pm On Aug 07, 2016
Will just say "my boss is currently unavailable,any msg for him...thank you.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by kiddkash(m): 2:30pm On Aug 07, 2016
MzPecs:
you are wrong the right answer is my boss said I should tell you he isn't here

1 Like

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by winner01(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
FreshBoiy:
There is no need to over-flog this issue. Simply be as professional as possible. "My boss is currently unavailable or not on sit, kindly leave a message and he would get back to you ASAP!". grin
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by analice107: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2016
Berlyn:
As a true christain. You know the situation of the country and how difficult it is getting a Job ,assuming where you work you have this strict boss which everyone tries to please ok you were with him on this particular day, his phone rang and he asked you to take the call ..which u did..the callers asked you to give the phone to the owner that he wants to speak to him and your boss signal you to tell him he is not around as a true Christian what will you do? ? You and i knows the consequence of lying which the Bible condems so what will you do/ say?? .

Last year September, I found myself in this position of either telling the truth as a Christian knowing I could loose my contract or keep quiet and keep making the money. I chose Christ and told the truth and lost a contract I was making One Hundred thousand Naira weekly.
So, yea, I will do it again if found in that spot.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by teacherbim(f): 3:22pm On Aug 07, 2016
Hmmm,but most pastors lie to buttress their preaching
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Rapture4real(m): 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2016
MzPecs:

If you are a true Christian, the Holy Spirit will give you wisdom of what to say. The quote is replying with wisdom. Just listen to your inner mind clearly.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Originalsly: 3:48pm On Aug 07, 2016
Christian or non Christian. .. this is a matter of being professional. Why must you lie? The guy wants to speak to your boss...boss doesn't want to speak to him...."Sorry, he is unavailable at the moment"..... don't even ask for a messase.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Ashez: 4:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
jnrbayano:

What is wrong in saying "my boss is currently unavailable, pls can you call back much later or leave a message"?

Is it a lie?
Thats where your conscience comes in as a true believer bro. Believe me its not easy being a normal easy going believer and a staunch one that lives his/her whole life to please God. I'd personally tell ma boss I cant lie if I pick the calls rather than picking the calls to give him away. Very simple, if he cant take it then so be it, if he encourages u to lie one day he will lie to u too.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by jnrbayano(m): 4:10pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ashez:

Thats where your conscience comes in as a true believer bro. Believe me its not easy being a normal easy going believer and a staunch one that lives his/her whole life to please God. I'd personally tell ma boss I cant lie if I pick the calls rather than picking the calls to give him away. Very simple, if he cant take it then so be it, if he encourages u to lie one day he will lie to u too.

But you havent answered me as yet.

Is my earlier post a lie?
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
Berlyn:
As a true christain. You know the situation of the country and how difficult it is getting a Job ,assuming where you work you have this strict boss which everyone tries to please ok you were with him on this particular day, his phone rang and he asked you to take the call ..which u did..the callers asked you to give the phone to the owner that he wants to speak to him and your boss signal you to tell him he is not around as a true Christian what will you do? ? You and i knows the consequence of lying which the Bible condems so what will you do/ say?? .

I remember when a call came for my boss, and he's a pastor and he wasn't interested in taking the call, and he gave me that look like he doesn't want to talk to the person, and the person asked is your boss on seat, and I replied " Am sorry but my boss is not currently "on seat" he just left his seat not too long ago, but I will let him as long as soon as he gets back on "seat". And the boss was like I didn't tell you to lie and I said I didn't , I only just anwsered the question based on technicality. Now would that still be a lie or me just captilizing on English and context.

Note: my boss was not seat but was with another person in the office
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Gydion(m): 5:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
My boss said he is not around
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by youngest85(m): 6:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
I'll obey my boss!
Afterall, we all tel lies on a daily basis....
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by igbenyoung(f): 6:42pm On Aug 07, 2016
only d truth can set u free..i will say the truth and i will.not lose my job..God will only use the.situation to change my location and set me on higher even bigger than d boss...if u kneel bef God u wil stand bef men..knw dis
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by sisisioge: 6:52pm On Aug 07, 2016
He is not around. May I take a message? Thank you.

I'm a Christian.
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Ashez: 6:53pm On Aug 07, 2016
jnrbayano:

But you havent answered me as yet.

Is my earlier post a lie?
Yes boss. Ur boss was around but he asked u to lie that he isnt, if u wanna justify urself that its just a call, is d same thing as someone knocking on the door and he hides and tell u to answer the door and tell d knocker that he is not around. My broda na lie
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by uckennety(m): 7:17pm On Aug 07, 2016
I'll say my boss is uncurrently unavailable to receive calls @ D moment pls call bk later

Thanks and drop immediately and check it's D truth I just pleased both parties
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Naijageak(m): 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2016
Tallesty1:
It is my boss that lied not me. I am just a messenger.
you are telling me that you are a messenger of liar?
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by jnrbayano(m): 10:37pm On Aug 07, 2016
Ashez:

Yes boss. Ur boss was around but he asked u to lie that he isnt, if u wanna justify urself that its just a call, is d same thing as someone knocking on the door and he hides and tell u to answer the door and tell d knocker that he is not around. My broda na lie

When Abraham answered Pharaoh and later Abimalech that Sarah is his sister.

Did he lie?
Re: The Truth Or You Lose Your Job Which Would You Prefer As A True Christian? by Ashez: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2016
jnrbayano:

When Abraham answered Pharaoh and later Abimalech that Sarah is his sister.

Did he lie?
Sure now,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Is Kissing A Sin? / Love Is Sweeter Than Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.