Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,984 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

The Foolishness Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Foolishness Of God (455 Views)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism / The Foolishness Of Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Foolishness Of God by VLadipo: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2016
Read:
1 Corinthians 1:18-25

Bible in one year:
1 John 1-4
Psalms 30

Hymn:
Sing hymn 7

Foolishness is commonly interpreted as the lack of a good sense of judgment. It has a range of synonyms that include folly, imprudence, stupidity, laziness, and perverse in speech. In addition, it is frequently contrasted with wisdom, such that the fool is contrasted with the wise, and a fool is everything a wise person is not. The Bible presents wisdom as a divine gift from God, while foolishness characterises anyone that does not believe in God (Psalm 14:1). Consequent upon the above, it is unthinkable that foolishness will be tied to God for any reason. However, the Bible in 1 Corinthians 1:25 says:
“Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.”
The Holy Spirit responded to the early church with the above statement, as they tried to berate the message of the Gospel with the wrong assumption that the wisdom of the world is superior to the wisdom of God. The Word of God clearly states that what the people termed to be foolishness is much wiser than the wisdom of the world. The people of the world cannot relate with the wisdom of God because it is meaningless to them, they cannot understand the wisdom behind the principles and commandments of God. The thought of salvation from sin, the process of redemption, the mystery of the Holy Communion, water and the Holy Spirit baptism, speaking in tongues, and the power of fasting and prayer, are all like closed books to the people of the world. It is beyond their comprehension, they cannot simply relate with the wisdom behind spiritual matters. 1 Corinthians 3:19 says:
“For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.”
The Bible in 1 Corinthians 2:14 further says;
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”
It takes a spiritual person to understand spiritual things. The inability of the world to comprehend the things of God is deliberate as God has chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. A person must first be born again, after which Kingdom matters become plain without any need for explanation. Indeed, the foolishness of God is wiser than men. Are you a bona fide member of the kingdom? Are you born again?

Memorise:
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
1 Corinthians 1:25

Prayer Point:
Father, please fill me with heavenly wisdom that the world cannot comprehend.

Source: http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=openheavens&&id=2038

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Foolishness Of God by Theoritical(m): 8:27am On Aug 08, 2016
My friend, don't be an hypocrite ' u ar either for God or u are against him... u could have@least get a better title for ur subject/topic.... can you call ur biological father foolish b4 him
Re: The Foolishness Of God by zzzzy: 9:15am On Aug 08, 2016
Well, that title is misleading.

1 Like

Re: The Foolishness Of God by VLadipo: 12:22pm On Aug 08, 2016
Theoritical:
My friend, don't be an hypocrite ' u ar either for God or u are against him... u could have@least get a better title for ur subject/topic.... can you call ur biological father foolish b4 him

Please read the message.
Re: The Foolishness Of God by VLadipo: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2016
zzzzy:
Well, that title is misleading.

It was culled from Open Heavens daily devotional by Pastor E.A Adeboye. I am not the original writer.
Re: The Foolishness Of God by easterwick(m): 12:51pm On Aug 08, 2016
My brother forget about folishness love always and u will know the truth... The whole world is under deception many christian has sealed their heart that they are going to heaven but the truth is this you will see beggers, blinds, cripples who have not step their legs to either church or mosque in heaven and those who labour for the work...but love always we have no power to wrestle with power in this world just follow jesus christ words only then...rest will come dont trust in ur wisdom
i dont rely ön epistle i live by the word which is the only truth in the bible

(1) (Reply)

I Bleep In The Mosque Right Now. / Does The Gospel Seem "Impossible" To You, Because Your Priorities Are INFERIOR? / Islamic Concept About Unintentionally Breaking Of Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.