Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders (55949 Views)

Ramadan Reminders!!! / Healthy Way To Improve Your Voice During Quran Recitation / General Discussion Thread - Islamic Questions, Suggestions & Reminders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 26, 2016
Contact17:

In about two years In sha Allah.

I see... Barakaallaahu feek.

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 26, 2016
Contact17:
Salam alaikum

@lexicon.kabir how is your project going?

@Friendchoice how are you? You haven't been as active on NL

Am fine by the will of Allah. Yeah School make me a little bit less active these days. Thank you for your concern.

3 Likes

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:56am On Nov 27, 2016
How do you deny (The signs of) Allaah and (dont you know that)you were dead and He gave you life? Again He will cause you to die and again bring you to life; then you shall be brought back to Him(to give him full accounts of all you did). ~ Qur'an.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 29, 2016
excerpts from an upcoming thread;

DO NOT PROSTRATE/KNEEL/BOW FOR OTHER THAN ALLAAH IN ORDER TO VENERATE, ITS HARAAM!!

Allaah(azza wa jal) says in Surah Al-Jinn, Verse 18:

وَأَنَّ الْمَسَاجِدَ لِلَّهِ فَلَا تَدْعُوا مَعَ اللَّهِ أَحَدًا

And that the masaajid are Allaah's, therefore call not upon any one with Allaah

via iQuran.

The scholars differed into two with regards to the definition of masaajid because it has two singulars;

1.) Masaajid(plural of masjid) means the plural of a place where sujood is being done due to the "mim" carrying fatha[if mim carries fatha then connected to a verb, it means a location where that verb is being carried out, for instance "kataba" means "to write", "maktab" means "a place where something is being written" yani "a desk", "darasa" means "lesson", "madrasa" a place where lessons are being learnt yani a school].

2.) Masaajid(plural of misjad) means the plural of the parts of the body used for sujood because of the mim carrying kasrah[if mim carries kasrah coupled with a verb, it meana a tool used for carrying out that verb, for instance "fataha" means to open, "miftah" means a tool used for opening, meaning "a key"]

Now, which one is closer to correct? Well to me the second is more correct, because there is a text which is a very popular hadeeth supporting the second position;

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
The Prophet (ﷺ) was ordered (by Allah) to prostrate on seven parts and not to tuck up the clothes or hair (while praying). Those parts are: the forehead (along with the tip of nose), both hands, both knees, and (toes of) both feet.

As we can see, it was the masaajid(plural of misjad) that was mentioned in that hadeeth in sahih al-bukhaari, and as we all know, salaah is done for Allaah alone, hence the interpretation of that verse that, All the parts used for prostrating to Allaah is for Allaah alone, and yyou are not allowed to use them for other than Allaah The Exalted, in other words do not prostrate/kneel/bow for other than Allaah.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
Salam alaikum @ lexiconkabir

I just want to ask if you know any good Yoruba Islamic speaker (on youtube) that I can recommend for someone? And also Yoruba nasheeds?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Contact17:
Salam alaikum @ lexic.onkabir

I just want to ask if you know any good Yoruba Islamic speaker (on youtube) that I can recommend for someone? And also Yoruba nasheeds?

Wa alaykum salaam, No.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wa alaykum salaam, No.

Okay.

Thanks
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
The messenger of Allaah sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam said "oh mankind! Indeed i have certainly left with you that which if you hold on to it, you will never (فلن) go astray: The book of Allaah and The Sunnah of his messenger.[bayhaqi 1/113]

And in another version he said: whoever that does not follow my sunnah is not of me.[muttafaq 'alayhi i.e its agreed upon because its in bukhari and Muslim]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allaah than the weak believer, although both are good. Strive to do that which will benefit you and seek the help of Allaah, and do not feel helpless. If anything befalls you, do not say ‘If only I had done (such and such), the such and such would have happened,’ rather say: ‘Allaah has decreed and what He wills He does,’ for ‘if only’ opens the door to the work of the shaytaan.”

Narrated by Muslim (2664).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Abdullaah ibn Amr reported: The Messenger of Allaah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, the hearts of the children of Adam, all of them, are between the two fingers of the Most Merciful as one heart. He directs them wherever he wills.” Then the Prophet said, “O Allaah, the turner of the hearts, turn our hearts to your obedience.”(sahih Muslim 2654)

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 03, 2016
“And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)?” [al-Qamar 54:17].

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who is skilled in reciting Qur’an will be with the noble, honourable scribes and the one who recites Qur’an and falters therein, and finds it difficult, will have a double reward.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4937) and Muslim (798).
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:
“And We have indeed made the Quran easy to understand and remember, then is there any that will remember (or receive admonition)?” [al-Qamar 54:17].

The Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “The one who is skilled in reciting Qur’an will be with the noble, honourable scribes and the one who recites Qur’an and falters therein, and finds it difficult, will have a double reward.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari (4937) and Muslim (798).

Salaam! New here?!
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Salaam! New here?!

Nope. Not at all.

Wasn't ready to let my thread die.

There is so much I can benefit I can bring to this section and there is so much I can learn as well.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

Nope. Not at all.

Wasn't ready to let my thread die.

There is so much I can benefit I can bring to this section and there is so much I can learn as well.

Well, wasnt going to let it die either....

Sorry if i put you in an awkward position...

1 Like

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Well, wasnt going to let it die either....

Sorry if i put you in an awkward position...

No. It's fine.

I am okay with it.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

No. It's fine.

I am okay with it.

Sent a message to that blog's mail address, perhaps you should check it.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Sent a message to that blog's mail address, perhaps you should check it.

Checked it.

I will reply you soon in sha Allah.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

Checked it.

I will reply you soon in sha Allah.

Ok.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Ok.

Replied
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

Replied

Ok, seen.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

Replied

Perhaps I'm troubling you much, but could you check the mails i sent?(especially the second one).
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Perhaps I'm troubling you much, but could you check the mails i sent?(especially the second one).

Just saw that now and replied.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

Just saw that now and replied.

Ok, seen.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Ok, seen.

Personally, I think it's better but you could pray istikhara over it as well.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
snapscore:

Personally, I think it's better but you could pray istikhara over it as well.

Aiit, thanks...
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
عن جابر بن عبد الله رضي الله عنهما، قال: قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم: " مفتاح الجنة الصلاة، ومفتاح الصلاة الوضوء ". وقال الشيخ الألباني : صحيح

Source: http://fatwa.islamweb.net/fatwa/index.php?page=showfatwa&Option=FatwaId&Id=37609

On the authority of jaabir ibn Abdullaah may Allaah be pleased with them(both Abdullaah and his son jaabir), he said: " The messenger of Allaah(sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam) said "The key to paradise is salaah and the key to salaah is wudhu(ablution)" and shaykh Al-Albaani said: (The hadeeth is) sahih.

This hadeeth is in tirmidhi.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 04, 2016
Narrated Anas:
Allah's Apostle said, "Whenever anyone of you invoke Allah for something, he should be firm in his asking, and he should not say: 'If You wish, give me...' for none can compel Allah to do something against His Will."

From sahih Bukhari

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
Salam alaikum @ lexiconkabir

Did you end up going?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
snapscore:
Salam alaikum @ lexiconk abir

Did you end up going?

Wa alaykum salaam, i was unable to contact him, perhaps he was busy.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Wa alaykum salaam, i was unable to contact him, perhaps he was busy.

Okay then.
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
snapscore:

Okay then.

Hope you are ok?
Re: What Have You Done To Improve Today?|Daily Reminders by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Hope you are ok?

Yeah I am, alhamdulliah

Why did you ask though

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (46) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Women "Dabbing" In Mecca Blasted. See Photo / Nigerian Pilgrim, Aisha Ahmed, Dies In Saudi Arabia (Photos) / Igbo Woman Proud To Convert To Islam: Says "Islam Has Come To Stay In Igboland"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.