Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

My Friend Is In A Fix - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Friend Is In A Fix (2449 Views)

The Woman My Best Friend Is About To Marry This Saturday Has No Womb, Help / My Friend Is Sleeping With His 13-Year-Old Daughter / Help! My Friend Is Afraid Of Getting Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is In A Fix by pweeryambre: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2016
A male friend of mine and colleague at work is in a fix because his fiancee(I happen to know both of them) has decided to end the relationship reason being:
She was in a market somewhere in Anambra state negotiating the price of a camisole top in one of the shops with the lady shopkeeper and they couldn't arrive at an agreement and she decided to check another place and dropped the top and left.
She was walking down the stairs when all of a sudden the shopkeeper lady came shouting behind her back that she has her cloth and didn't drop it. This drew the attention of two street boys around, and they stopped at the end of the stairs and blocked the girl. One of them picked up a stick.
She now run back upstairs and followed the woman back to her shop and opens her bag for her to search but there was nothing there.
By this time a small crowd has quickly gathered in the lady shop, while the girl kept insisting she left the cloth behind, while the shopkeeper lady told her she's going to get naked today and she won't leave unless the cloth was found.
One particular elderly woman kept trying to calm everyone, while she helped to search for the top, and then finally the top was found under a neatly folded rows of Jean trousers. The woman brought it out and asked the shopkeeper lady if that is what she was looking for and she acknowledged it, Looking a bit ashamed.
Now everyone started shouting and telling shopkeeper she's an impatient lady. She apologized to the girl but the girl angrily left the scene, while the area boys were telling her "fine geh sorry oh"
She visited to her fiance the next weekend and asked him if a young lady was alleged to have stolen an item from a market is it right for her to immediately be assaulted and humiliated... and the fiance without letting her finish said yes that a thief is a thief whether a male or female that in fact she should be lynched.
Clearly she was shocked and that's when he now told the fiance her experience... And he really felt bad and have apologized to her but his girl has stopped wearing his engagement ring he gave her. And though she has not said it, he believes his girl doesn't want to be married to him anymore, he has lost more than 10kg for the past couple of weeks and he deeply regret what he said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Artistree: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2016
Even the Bible said it is presumptuousness on the part of a man to reply to a matter before hearing it.

8 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by greatgod2012(f): 9:31am On Aug 09, 2016
The man made a mistake by jumping into conclusion without first hearing the whole gist.

However, since he has apologized, the lady should let go, except if she has been looking for an excuse to separate from him.

If they're made for each other, they'll definitely make up, if they can't, then, one thing must cause a conflict in a relationship that is not supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by lecturerdabo(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2016
Actually op, your friend

1. Supports jungle justice

2. Is presumptious

3. Above all IMPATIENT

THEREFORE:

Not matured enough for marriage (especially) to the said lady!

15 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by mostyg(m): 9:41am On Aug 09, 2016
Nigerians should erase the melting of jungle justice on alleged people. Anybody can accuse another of a crime not committed. It is even better for a criminal to go unpunished that an innocent person been punished for a crime he knew nothing about.

10 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by chachanga: 10:21am On Aug 09, 2016
It'll be really stupid for him to lose his engagement over that but the fact remains that this fringe culture of flaying and lynching everything and everyone at the slightest opportunity "has mastered" some people.

He's gotten served now and it's not appetizing, too bad; he should better go and beg her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by okirewaju(f): 10:29am On Aug 09, 2016
Dude was quick to speak

Thankfully he realised his mistake

He should meet up with the girl and have a heart to heart talk with her.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by misspicy(f): 12:09pm On Aug 09, 2016
mostyg:
Nigerians should erase the melting of jungle justice on alleged people. Anybody can accuse another of a crime not committed. It is even better for a criminal to go unpunished that an innocent person been punished for a crime he knew nothing about.
Please be specific about the type of criminal that should go unpunished abeg.

criminals are to be punished after investigations are done,not allowed to go unpunished before or after investigations
Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by pweeryambre: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2016
Thanks for the mature responses so far guys.
Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 09, 2016
misspicy:

Please be specific about the type of criminal that should go unpunished abeg.

criminals are to be punished after investigations are done,not allowed to go unpunished before or after investigations

Did you even read his post at all?

He made a comparison between two scenarios and identified the better option . . . and YES, it's better for a KILLER to go unpunished that for an innocent man accused of killing maimed out of jungle justice!

Nigerians and jungle justice are like rice and stew angry angry

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2016
His quick response alone shows an impatient and judgemental man, and his support for jungle justice is another big problem.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by keepingmum: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2016
say the girl marries your friend and tomorrow someone comes and lies on his wife that she is cheating on him, thats how he would panel beat the woman on hear say?

The girl is very correct in breaking it off. I am also sure your friend had shown violent tendencies to this girl previously that has caused her to rethink her life.

Just because someone claims to love you and is allegedly loosing weight and sober doesnt mean they dont retain their beliefs and perception on life.

Infact, i am very sure it is you and not your "famous friend"

9 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by ValereeE: 8:42am On Aug 11, 2016
lecturerdabo:
Actually op, your friend
1. Supports jungle justice
2. Is presumptious
3. Above all IMPATIENT
THEREFORE:
Not matured enough for marriage (especially) to the said lady!

2 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Neverquit(f): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
Your fiancée did what was best for her. You have an unforgiving spirit and like to oppress those deemed under you. So because of allegedly stealing a piece of cloth, you want the person to be lynched? Why not go after the politicians milking this country dry? Or your liver never reach? S.M.H.

You are not yet matured for marriage.
Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by freecocoa(f): 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
I wouldn't marry him, if I was the lady.
Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by cococandy(f): 5:29am On Aug 12, 2016
I wouldn't marry him if I was her.

If we were already married and he said such, I'll leave him.

See there are things that are inhumane and I'd be frightened to associate with people who support such things. Like jungle justice. I'd never be in the same room with any 'human' being who's ever participated in such activities.

Jungle justice is just an avenue for evil people who haven't been caught in their own misbehavior to unleash their wickedness on those who are unfortunate to have been caught. Especially when it concerns minor things like petty stealing.

6 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by jnrbayano(m): 8:08am On Aug 12, 2016
A supporter of jungle justice is a murderer.

However, a contrite heart deserves forgiveness.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 12, 2016
One ought to be careful with his or her utterances
Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by BobUg28(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
This is one reason why I don't like people with short temperament. And the Igbos are fond of this particular act. It has happened to me before and the particular guy who alleged it finally regretted it...though, I didn't want to punish him.

The key point is that they should think before they act. Patients they say is a virtue.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2016
They are both not ready for marriage

Something of that magnitude happened to her and she waited till when she visited her fiancé the following week before mentioning it. She should have been on the phone to him immediately.

He too jumped up and calling for jungle justice - Small minded Bush man. And I am sure he is educated o!

I hate thieves, because they steal other peoples hard work, but not everything is as it looks, and as seen in this story, mistakes can be made so one must not take law into their own hands.

I am surprised that the lady did not get the police involved in the matter.
She could have been killed, just like the Aluu 4, and the more that people get into trouble for meting out jungle justice, the more they will think twice before doing it.

3 Likes

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by duke3d(m): 7:40am On Dec 05, 2016
I don't blame the man. I blame the lady! What was her motive? Is it to find out if d guy loves jungle justice? She could have told the man her experience first.maybe she was looking for an excuse to terminate the relationship. If she loves D man, she wouldn't mind his opinion.
Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by duke3d(m): 7:52am On Dec 05, 2016
Also I hate jungle justice. It's the greatest form of uncivilization in Nigeria... I think the lady needs a guy who share the same beliefs and norms with her...

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is In A Fix by Richy4(m): 9:48am On Dec 05, 2016
That girl left the shopkeeper off the hook real quick.... she should have done something....pick up a chair and smash it on her or on her goods...just something upsetting to register her displeasure sad

(1) (Reply)

Why am I Scared Of Marriage? / I Lost My Dad And This Is Happening, Help. / How Many Of You Ladies Want Your Mother-inlaw Dead Before You Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.