Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,116 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons (45167 Views)

Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" / Cabal Ruling Nigeria As Buhari Misses FEC Meeting Again- PDP / Buhari Ruling Nigeria With Medieval Mindset, Says Prof Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by hanymasahun: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
Trust no body yoruba proverb says "koseni Tama gbe gun esin ti ko ni sopako" i
'm the one and the reason is that i know the problem and how to fix it
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Omeny: 7:12pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaz:
We are talking about a leader in nigeria and u have to bring tribalism in. Is it so difficult for u to just see beyond your kinsmen or a specific group

This is not a matter of tribalism, God knows I never even thought this far in this dimension you have taken.

I was only speaking as a compatriot,

And am an Edo guy as against what u think.
If I reason the say way like you, I might as well mention my region.

God Bless Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by EzeJustme(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
I fink I can perform much more better than them. understand this now, Nigerians need some one who is not religious, not tribalistic, nor racist,not extravagant, but some one with matured mindset, who understand the concept of life, who in any circumstances be of mentor, then must also be a no nonsense person whose name only can change unpatriotic to holy Angel who can can command, not

2 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by claremont(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10, 2016
Babatunde Fashola.

Purely based on his experience managing a cosmopolitan pseudo-country like Lagos, and his fantastically good results therein.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 10, 2016
the reason why the op created this thread was so we can select from the wide options people will provide but alas!, you people have succeeded in turning it into tantrum throwing thread, can't you people for once just stay on course? smh, we are suffering and need to scout for other options come 2019,please put sentiments aside

5 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 7:15pm On Aug 10, 2016
jaz:
I beg to differ. AmaeChi failed considering the allocation given to rivers state. He is as corrupt as corrupt can ever be and he lies like his brother Lie Mohammed

You did not give a reason why you said Hon. Amaechi failed. Saying compared to his allocations is funny because you did not tell us how you expect more from the allocations.

Bridges, Roads, Improved security, hospitals, health centers (over a hundred), schools (over a hundred), flyovers, free health care to the elderly and children below six, built a WHO approved syringe factory, constructed a mega fish farm, employed over ten thousand teachers, employed even more for road traffic Control.

He even brought in foreign teachers to teach in some schools to raise the standard of education in the state.

All these were put on monthly salary, with state civil servants.

Come on, the man performed.

The pic below is a example of a school and health center he built over a hundred of each.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2016
Reference:

You guys keep on returning to the same porraige pot of ignorance. It is not the man, IT IS THE SYSTEM STUPID. Change the GAME not the players. See how the change of game has made superstar Lionel Fashola move like Babatunde Giroud. Bring Obama or Angela to Nigeria and watch them turn to David Mark or Remi Tinubu. Take Baba to West Germany and watch him turn to.....I didn't say Adolph Hitler.... ace visionaire Helmut Kohl. No amount of prayer can make tomato grow in a swamp and no amount of curses can stop mosquitos from multiplying.....na joke I dey oh....before those red vest pipo come knack my door say I dey cyberyab.

Bro that's why your opinion is needed. One particular set of people have been ruling us since Independence. Nigerians need to break this yoke.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Goalsniper: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
Sullivan Chime former governor of Enugu state can do a great thin for this Nigeria. He is still the Messiah that Enugu has ever seen. Fashola as Vice president. I believe Nigeria can go higher.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2016
onnenka:
Let me ignore the hypocrisy in the rest of your post and focus on the math. Did you study math in school? If 1 dollar = 14 rand and 1 rand = 23 naira, what is 23 x 14? Check the result and tell me what you are yapping about again
rand to naira has always been 23 naira even when dollars was still 150.. What exactly is your point?

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Akinkunmi0777(m): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2016
To say the real fact we dont have. Although, we have, but the money that was there can't let the honest man say the truth.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
claremont:
Babatunde Fashola.

Purely based on his experience managing a cosmopolitan pseudo-country like Lagos, and his fantastically good results therein.
he hasn't managed the power sector how will he manage nigeria
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Hoseaovo(m): 7:21pm On Aug 10, 2016
Dnald Duke- Ex-Governor of Cross River State sure deserves a chance
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by bashydemy1: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nature8:
As far as I'm concern, these two great men can make Nigeria great if given a chance.. Either GEJ as President and Mr Peter Obi as Vice President or Mr Peter Obi as President and GEJ as Vice President.. Let Nigerians give these two great men chance and see how great Nigeria will be.. I don't need to give anybody a reason, just give them a little chance together and see a great Nigeria..
Please do we have another GEJ or is it the same GEJ? i reject him 100 times.. I still prefer Fashola/Ameachi.

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by mikhe2(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
Senator Ben Murray Bruce
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
Wealthy15:
I believe my former governor will,during his tenure ;there was no hunger neither was there fighting,I chop you chop,I live well you live well,you nor find my trouble I nor find your own,you respect me I respect you, That is James Onanefe Ibori for you when he returns.
typical African man/woman always thinking with their stomach..
Wetin we go chop today, fhuck tomorrow.

Ibori's chop I chop, has it turned delta to a mega city now or economic power house despite the ammout of oil money generated from that state..?

Everything you chop then, you never poop am finish? Now you have to suffer for it.

3 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by qleap2all(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10, 2016
My best choice President Okorocha /Okonjoiweala and vpresident :Tambuwal /

1 Like

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 10, 2016
Fashola is the only reasonable politician for me ..

If you can manage Lagos successfully, you can manage Nigeria.

If you can manage newyork successfully, you can manage the world.

2 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by gantic: 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
a South African Rand to a dollar is 14rands

A naira to a rand is 23naira

However, a naira to a dollar is above 300..

Did you knw why a Rand to a naira is low? because we dnt demand for it!

Did u knw why a Rand to a dollar is low? because they dnt demand for it that much...

What sane country spends dollar as if it's her currency?

The problem of this country is not buhari, my friend... And as intelligent as u sound, u shld realise that the only mistake he made, which I do not support is to remove all benefits once ...

He shld av done it one after the other..

We seriously needed someone like OBJ who wld damn all consequences. OBJ tried to revive outlr manufacturing sector that was killed by IBB thru import and subsidies, but he did it small small and not like buhari is doing it..

I can't argue more... But biliv me, even SA is currently in recession.. Venezuela, Angola, Saudi Arabia, uk etc are all suffering.. Ask those who are there to yell u the truth..

And also mention that Kuwait just raised petrol prices to $1.06, also pulling back subsidies massively. The dollar issues we have are replicated in multiple countries. Angola has had the dollar issue worse off long before us, Ethiopia is same story. The government has made a couple of wrong turns, being indecisive about some things.....but the mass dullard branding, hi time Nigerians look at global realities.
Obasanjo was at the helm when Nigeria stayed immune through the global recession, no Nigerian remembers or realises, his presidency is also called the worst.
Seen multiple countries this year, and at least for the African continent, we have fared this wind better.

4 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Bullet01(f): 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
Nobody mentioned Saraki. Why?
My own choice is Nuhu Ribadu and PYO.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by benji93: 7:27pm On Aug 10, 2016
Stelvin101:
Everyone keeps on complaining about President Buhari not doing well as expected. 2019 is fast approaching. There are two major political parties in Nigeria right now. APC and PDP. Name one prominent politician you have in mind you think is deem fit to rule this great nation and stir her towards greatness?

Let's all carry out this survey. As for me I don't even know one for now. The last presidential election I had to make a decision voted for President Buhari because I was caught inbetween Crocodile's grip (GEJ) and deep blue sea (PMB). So many Nigerians are similar victim just like me. NIGERIA IS NOT TIED TO APC AND PDP. LET'S THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX FOR ONCE
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by nnokwa042(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

Did u knw why a Rand to a dollar is low? because they dnt demand for it that much...

The problem of this country is not buhari, my friend... And as intelligent as u sound, u shld realise that the only mistake he made, which I do not support is to remove all benefits once ...

We seriously needed someone like OBJ who wld damn all consequences. OBJ tried to revive outlr manufacturing sector that was killed by IBB thru import and subsidies, but he did it small small and not like buhari is doing it..

I can't argue more... But biliv me, even SA is currently in recession.. Venezuela, Angola, Saudi Arabia, uk etc are all suffering.. Ask those who are there to yell u the truth..
uk re suffering ? Pls spare me all this crap
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by nextstep(m): 7:32pm On Aug 10, 2016
Chimezie250:
are you serious

She's not wrong... A stone that does not harm the economy for 4 years might be just what we need.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
i dnt think theres really any best politician that can rule nigeria at the moment. u dnt av to be in a political office b4 u can be seen as aving the ability to rule nigeria. it has to show in the individual's lifestyle, his style of leadership, how things work around him, he level of impact he has made in his immediate community. Not someone who amasses wealth for personal glorification.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by BabaOlowo: 7:34pm On Aug 10, 2016
Osibanjo and Kachikwu, 2 Very Transparent Noble Nigerians!
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Sunofgod(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2016
IBB.....and OUK.

Would have been interesting to see.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Sunofgod(m): 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2016
IBB.....and OUK.

Would have been interesting to see.

cool cool
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by AxeurdaddyIX: 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2016
This present bunch?? None!) they're all thieves, just differences in the names of political parties
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
Bobandgreat:

Slidewax, I won't argue with you. The man said he chose PMB over GEJ because GEJ was underperforming. Its unintelligent to make that choice. PMB's incompetence is so glearing even an slowpoke can see it. The people that voted for him did so out of sentiment. GEJ was not the best at all but comparing him with PMB is like comparing Wole Soyinka with OBJ.
When Gej was in power crude was being sold 4 100 dollars what did he achieve with d oil boom? Everytin was looted. Even d best of economic brain cant do much in d present reccession. Think man

2 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by alabiola87(m): 7:40pm On Aug 10, 2016
James Ibori and Dasuki will be a good idea
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:

gantic:

And also mention that Kuwait just raised petrol prices to $1.06, also pulling back subsidies massively. The dollar issues we have are replicated in multiple countries. Angola has had the dollar issue worse off long before us, Ethiopia is same story. The government has made a couple of wrong turns, being indecisive about some things.....but the mass dullard branding, hi time Nigerians look at global realities.
Obasanjo was at the helm when Nigeria stayed immune through the global recession, no Nigerian remembers or realises, his presidency is also called the worst.
Seen multiple countries this year, and at least for the African continent, we have fared this wind better.

Canada also shed 31,000 jobs in the month of july, this amount exclude the job loss in the private sector. If we add the job loss in the private sector, it would be worse. i think it was 20,000 the month before. A big blow to the already struggling economy. It's really terrible everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
Rotimi Amaechi...

Because he's FINE AF! And, I have a crush on him.
Re: Name One Politician You Know Is Capable Of Ruling Nigeria And Give Two Reasons by hollypagan: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2016
Senator Ben Bruce , una no get common sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Attention Buhari: Hunger-induced Crime On The Increase - Vanguard / RCCG Trends As Adeboye, Kumuyi Keep Mum Hours To Presidential Election / TIME Writer, Rajvanshi Locks Her Twitter Account Due To Attack From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.