Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? (17465 Views)

Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List / List Of Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 (UPDATED) / List Of Illegal Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Aristotle96(m): 6:55am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here
I had similar issue, but mine instead of Emmanuel in jamb, it was spelt Emmaunel... What I did was just to correct my name in my sch database during my year1clearance so the name matches with my waec and I won't av a mispelt name in my BSc... As for jamb, its even written that the result shouldn't be used for employment purpose... So I just did affidavit for that of jamb, but I had corrected the name already in my sch during year 1 clearance.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by hUmaneOne: 6:55am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
It's not even a department. Its pharmacy, and pharmacy in uniben is a faculty on its own. We have a separate administrative building, built recently. The lecture theatres and Labs are at quite a distance from the new admin building.

To some extent I think we were unaccredited because we still receive lectures at old theatres/labs, while lectures are enjoying the luxury of the new building.

Or probably because they take in much more students than the facilities can cover for.

Let's see how things play out.
That accreditation ish isn't true ooooo...the circular was not from NUC

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by gamaliel121(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2016
This one no be child's oooo....run a change of course mehn
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by lonelydora: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here

Affidavit will cover all in Nigeria though, might be difficult when it has to do with foreign embassy. Go to National Population Commission and complain, they will issue you something that will cover all.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by sinaj(f): 6:58am On Aug 11, 2016
itskinglee:

whose kid is this
cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by aspirebig: 6:59am On Aug 11, 2016
It is up to you. Some will continue. Some will quit. Some will retake Jamb and choose an accredited course. Some will switch course. Some will quit and travel. Some will continue and pray it gets accredited before graduation or NYSC. There is no straight way to look at it. Ok all the best.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by sinaj(f): 7:00am On Aug 11, 2016
Gkemz:
You don't have to worry. Accreditation is done on regular basis. If your course failed the accreditation test this year, maybe next one would favour it as long as NUC specified standards and guidelines are being put in place.
the truth is that some dept can fail it up to 3 times.

Medicine in my school wasn't accredited for 5yrs.

So u never can tell
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Fran6ik: 7:03am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
Oga go to the nearest computer center and do a birth certificate.. new one lik brand new with ur new name nd save ur self those stress, also u can visit a private hospital to do dat.. b4 u start creatin issues for irsef

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 7:12am On Aug 11, 2016
hUmaneOne:

That accreditation ish isn't true ooooo...the circular was not from NUC
oh I just checked NUC's website and there is nothing like this on their site.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by chiraqDemon(m): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
Brother i advise i to go to church because there are unseen hands at work in your life....this na just early symptoms
Next one u go miswrite your reg number for skul
Your village has a hand in this...it is not normal..
When a goat writes its name as lion the village it comes from should be checked(pete edochie*)
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by ajanma2(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2016
OgidiOlu3:

Frank, na only you waka come? The misspelt name is a big issue. Now that you've done affidavit, does it mean that you no longer bear "Nwachukwu", your father's name? It can have an effect in the future o. I'll advise you to go to Waec to change the error or you do an affidavit that says your real name is Nwachukwu not Nnachukwu.
nwachukwu is my first name not surname...my surname is okafor
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Correspondence(m): 7:26am On Aug 11, 2016
sinaj:
If u r in year 1 or year 2, change ur course by transferring to another department coz u might be wasting your time.

Many graduates dnt have any certificate coz the course they studied wasn't accredited.

It's not something u joke with.
I feel for those in final year
Stop misleading Nigerians.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by efilefun(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2016
SeyiAyorinde:

use the one on the affidavit. About the name been interchanged,I don't think that should be a problem.
but instead of going thru this long route, WAEC would have changed ur name for just 5k or thereabout. Had similar issue with years back and it was rectified
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Lordmykel(m): 7:57am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
epic lipsrsealed
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Silentmind(m): 8:02am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
It's not even a department. Its pharmacy, and pharmacy in uniben is a faculty on its own. We have a separate administrative building, built recently. The lecture theatres and Labs are at quite a distance from the new admin building.

To some extent I think we were unaccredited because we still receive lectures at old theatres/labs, while lectures are enjoying the luxury of the new building.

Or probably because they take in much more students than the facilities can cover for.

Pharmacy in UNIBEN will be accredited in no time. It will not affect you. Just continue your studies. Even if u graduate and you have no certificate, they will still call you guys and give it to you.

Pharmacy in UNIBEN is a very important faculty, they must churn out graduates.

2 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by ThatSameGuy: 8:06am On Aug 11, 2016
When i was in year 1 (2014), my course - accountancy was unaccredited.. fast forward to 2016 April it was accredited..
I won't mention the Uni..
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by SIMPLIFIED(m): 8:10am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

From one WhatsApp post, I read the following lines: "if you're studying any of these courses in Nigerian universities, you're not in school"

I would like to know..what is this issue of accreditation all about? Will it be resolved as soon as possible? ( I am currently in my finials).

Those with knowledge about this should please enlighten me.
take a chill pill, the issue won't be more than the PharmD case that has been a bone of contention between PCN and NUC.. The worst that could happen is that uniben won't admit new students until they sort out the issue. No department has ever stopped academic programme because they lost accreditation, they only suspend new intake.
Uniben pharmacy is one of the best in the country, powers from on high don't want the PharmD programme to run that's all.
Uniben has over 75 departments and only 2 had issue, they deserve commendation, UNIABUJA should just be shutdown, almost all the departments don't have accreditation

3 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by OgidiOlu3(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
nwachukwu is my first name not surname...my surname is okafor
Ok. In that case, your affidavit should be enough for any Nigerian purpose. It can still affect you when you apply to international organisations tho. Someone said you should go to the National Population Commission to complain. I don't know about that but you can try it out.

2 Likes

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Magicc: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2016
Shelf your ignorance! Uniben insistence on issuing the PharmD is the bone of contention.

This is NUC's statement from some time ago:

“Universities offering the Pharm.D degree
programme should, in their own interest, graduate
their students with B.Pharm degree as earlier
directed and ceased further admission into the
Pharm.D programme."

emmyid:
Shey na una the shout Great Uniben everyday, now see wat Greatest Uniben has done to your life, common Accreditation dem no fit get.
To al UniAbuja students, please rewrite jamb and seek admission into real Universities, that ivory tower of yours called University of Abuja is a glorified secondary school.

Bros, Pray for yo department to be accredited by NUC in the next acreditation process, pray and fast for your dept, scl and the country at large. Kos right now everything don jagajaga.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Gozzzy(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
I will say just one thing. IBAGO!!!!!!
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by hUmaneOne: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
oh I just checked NUC's website and there is nothing like this on their site.

So, modify your original post title and content to show that.. Cheers
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Mariojane(f): 9:02am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

From one WhatsApp post, I read the following lines: "if you're studying any of these courses in Nigerian universities, you're not in school"

I would like to know..what is this issue of accreditation all about? Will it be resolved as soon as possible? ( I am currently in my finials).

don't mind those that said you should leave the faculty. So far you were given admission before they announced the course is not accredited then you are save cos the school will not want to lose there students and I am certain they are working on NUC requirements to accredit again. I am talking from experience. We were told after our admission that our dept was not accredited cos we didn't meet up with some requirements. Which was when we were in 100l the dept did not admit any set 2yrs after us cos of it but by the time we were in 400l they did the needful And everything was back to normal. But just to be on a safe side,you can choose some representatives to go to the authorities
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 9:03am On Aug 11, 2016
Mariojane:
don't mind those that said you should leave the faculty. So far you were given admission before they announced the course is not accredited then you are save cos the school will not want to lose there students and I am certain they are working on NUC requirements to accredit again. I am talking from experience. We were told after our admission that our dept was not accredited cos we didn't meet up with some requirements. Which was when we were in 100l the dept did not admit any set 2yrs after us cos of it but by the time we were in 400l they did the needful And everything was back to normal. But just to be on a safe side,you can choose some representatives to go to the authorities
Thank you
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Mariojane(f): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2016
MVLOX:
Tank God for dis thread ooo cuz mine was unaccredited too plus am abt to write my final exams...
it doesn't affect the students that are already in the dept. They just won't be able to admit new students. I don't know if it will delay your NYSC but apart from that it doesn't concerning you
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
The affidavit wasn't necessary in the first place. Anyone can get anything and swear an affidavit to it. Employers especially still have doubts about the validity of affidavits. Go back to the hospital / health facility that issued you the birth certificate and explain to them. You'll be issued a new birth certificate to correspond with your WAEC name. Alternatively, you can abondon the birth certificate all together and go get a declaration of age from a law court.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Standing5(m): 9:09am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:

The usual suspect.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Flameneo(m): 9:12am On Aug 11, 2016
Adortem:
I would to see the link or post,can you please share it here?

To me it is not a big problem for you since you are in ur final year. No university in Nigeria has what it takes to meet full accreditation. What they all have is partial accreditation.

With the issue now, you will graduate, go for your NYSC and be recognised anywhere to use ur certificate since you were admitted when the accreditation was intact.

Resolving the problem now becomes the headache of ur institution if they want to continue admitting student into that department cos NUC will never allow student to be admitted into that department without putting the accreditation in place

Before you crusify me on all university in Nigeria having the partial accreditation status; this is the sole reason why we( Nig Universities) are not listed in the top ranking among the Top 1000 university in the World.

Think about it
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by biggie73(m): 9:29am On Aug 11, 2016
It does not affect you. It will only affect new intake.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by kaboninc(m): 9:41am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:

Ask safarigirl. Am very very sure she knows best than everyone here
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by NnamdiN: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
in my case, I got a tear rubber birth certificate bearing my preferred name, back-dated with matching dates. You should do that. Try to meet someone in a teaching hospital.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Adex097: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2016
fineyemi:
Am so sorry to say, but u need to leave that department. Unless u just gonna waste 4 years studying an unaccredited course
PharmD in Uniben is 6years shocked.

At OP, I really hope and pray it doesn't affect you guys cos I have so many friends in your class. The likes of EMEKA AKA EMEKUS, LISA the schola, Marvelous, Endurance and Mascot. You all will definitely graduate by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2016
emmyid:
Shey na una the shout Great Uniben everyday, now see wat Greatest Uniben has done to your life, common Accreditation dem no fit get.
To al UniAbuja students, please rewrite jamb and seek admission into real Universities, that ivory tower of yours called University of Abuja is a glorified secondary school.

Bros, Pray for yo department to be accredited by NUC in the next acreditation process, pray and fast for your dept, scl and the country at large. Kos right now everything don jagajaga.
u c ur life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2014 TOP 10 Universities In Nigeria By NUC / PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' / ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.