Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? (17467 Views)

Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List / List Of Top 10 Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 (UPDATED) / List Of Illegal Universities In Nigeria By NUC 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by ajanma2(m): 10:26am On Aug 11, 2016
NnamdiN:
in my case, I got a tear rubber birth certificate bearing my preferred name, back-dated with matching dates. You should do that. Try to meet someone in a teaching hospital.
for how much?and how long did it take.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by TrustJ(m): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2016
emmyid:
Shey na una the shout Great Uniben everyday, now see wat Greatest Uniben has done to your life, common Accreditation dem no fit get.
To al UniAbuja students, please rewrite jamb and seek admission into real Universities, that ivory tower of yours called University of Abuja is a glorified secondary school.

Bros, Pray for yo department to be accredited by NUC in the next acreditation process, pray and fast for your dept, scl and the country at large. Kos right now everything don jagajaga.

Who's this and whr are you from?.. Pls if don't know anything about Uniben better keep your mouth shut..ghana goat

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by philchudi: 10:42am On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=pxjosh post=48369899]I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

From one WhatsApp post, I read the following lines: "if you're studying any of these courses in Nigerian universities, you're not in school"

I would like to know..what is this issue of accreditation all about? Will it be resolved as soon as possible? ( I am currently in my finials).

Those with knowledge about this should please enlighten me.y

Just relax, The Uniben collage of Pharmacy I know has all d parameters for accreditation. This might have been born out jealousy by other schools due to the award of pharm D which is only done by UI and few other schools in Nigeria.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by TrustJ(m): 10:44am On Aug 11, 2016
[quote author=NOBODYY post=48378124]And they keep calling Uniben=Unibest up and down

[i]Den of
cultists

see this one e dy pain you o,cry nau...we still Unibest
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by MVLOX(m): 10:47am On Aug 11, 2016
Mariojane:
it doesn't affect the students that are already in the dept. They just won't be able to admit new students. I don't know if it will delay your NYSC but apart from that it doesn't concerning you

If it delays service self am so ok.... Dat should give me enough time to attend series of interviews and even get a job b4 den...
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Benbelor(m): 10:57am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here
provided yhur first and middle names are there it doesn't mean much.. But make efforts to correct that mistakeduring yhur registeration in yhur department, they will understand it was a common mistake.. Wish yhu the best.

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by TrustJ(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

From one WhatsApp post, I read the following lines: "if you're studying any of these courses in Nigerian universities, you're not in school"

I would like to know..what is this issue of accreditation all about? Will it be resolved as soon as possible? ( I am currently in my finials).

Those with knowledge about this should please enlighten me.

sir Josh.. calm down senior colleague .. what you need to know concerning accreditation is that politics is involved....we, uniben pharmacy was unaccredited simply because of the pharmD programme,most unis are against it(due to ignorance) .. I heard from a reliable source( pharmchem lecturer) that NUC gave the faculty six months to prepare.. hopefully we'll get the accreditation back,faculty of pharmacy and Uniben are working tirelessly..so let's keep our fingers crossed
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by bology: 11:53am On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
....double issue here...my name is frank nwachukwu okafor..during waec,it was mispelt as frank nnachukwu okafor.my parent said I shud leave it,it has the same meaning.nnachukwu and nwachukwu..I also left it like dat as frank nnachukwu okafor in jamb this year so it will correspond with my waec,the problem now is that in my birth certificate,its written as frank nwachukwu,so I did an affidavit stating my name is frank nnachukwu not nwachukwu,so now,which am I to upload online for the screening?affidavit or the birth certificate?also my name was interchanged in jamb.my surname was written in my middle name and vice versa,pls need u guys help here
ajanma2:
ajanma2:
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by bology: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2016
It is better u do another affidafit that ur name was misspelt, as for the interchange of ur names that doesn't matter
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by NnamdiN: 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2016
ajanma2:
for how much?and how long did it take.
didnt pay one naira. My uncle had someone there, took a few minutes. It's handwritten.

However, this is as far back as 2008.
I'm rolling with new name now cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Jakes234: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
pxjosh:
I just got the information today that my course was among those unaccredited by NUC.

It is quite unfortunate that you didnt bother to mention the name of the course and the school affected. anyway, if you are serious and determined, i can assist you to transfer to an european university that is very affordable so you can complete your final year there and earn and european degree. i feel that is the best option for you. thank you

courtesy
info@jakesembassy.com
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by pxjosh(m): 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
TrustJ:

sir Josh.. calm down senior colleague .. what you need to know concerning accreditation is that politics is involved....we, uniben pharmacy was unaccredited simply because of the pharmD programme,most unis are against it(due to ignorance) .. I heard from a reliable source( pharmchem lecturer) that NUC gave the faculty six months to prepare.. hopefully we'll get the accreditation back,faculty of pharmacy and Uniben are working tirelessly..so let's keep our fingers crossed
Thank you for the update bro.

But I thought they already accepted the Pharmd for pharmacy schools, so why beef uniben? Someone announced on a pharmacy meet up thread that unijos will start admitting PharmD students from their next session.

Let's just wait and see things work out to our favour. Five years spent already no be joke.
Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2016
No advice, what I know is that, no company in this country know the course that is accredited or not, they will only kick if your school name is unpopular .... It can only affect you in advance studies which is not even likely, wu get Dat time... So UI will want to admit pg student... now be sending inquiries to nuc asking if geophysics was accredited in uniben in 1998.... undecided

pxjosh:

Re: My Course Was Unaccredited By NUC. What's Next? by benkayc(m): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2016
Concerning the NUC accreditation of departments.. it affects both new intakes, prospective IT students and those goimg for NYSC...i dont know about others yet....i am also affected UNIZIK..mechanical eng

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PICS:See Why UNILORIN Is Far 'better By Far' / ASUU Rejects FG Negotiation Team, Says Strike Continues / University Of Abuja Ex-Students Protest Over Statement Of Results (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.