Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 (10988 Views)

FRSC To Embark On “operation Show Your Driving Licence’’ In Lagos / FRSC To Hike Fees For Driver’s Licence, Number Plate / FRSC To Start Seizing Vehicles With Expired Tyres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by colli247(m): 9:00am On Aug 11, 2016
yes this what FRSC should think of not collecting 200 from bus driver
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by gboye1999: 9:00am On Aug 11, 2016
This wil only succeed in bleeding the country of forex...
If we desire to make it a standard (that is if it necessary at all....i prefer the suggestions of using speed traps) then can we have factories making it here? Why create another avenue to keep importing all sorts? Would local production create spin offs and mutiplied job opportunities.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by tdayof(m): 9:01am On Aug 11, 2016
Speed limits radars are easily jammed. Guys will start finding away against it.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by Darnii(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2016
I no go fit waka well with the Car I bought with my Hard Earned Cash #issorite.

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by squarelead(m): 9:11am On Aug 11, 2016
It is better, extort Nigerians or not... Those who value their lives will endeavor to get one. Thumbs up FRSC. I have been waiting for this. Auto crash is just too much.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by AkumahTalk(m): 9:22am On Aug 11, 2016
Well this is "Duck Season" for high way robbers.....and "yes" road travelers are the ducks.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by Denchturbo: 9:33am On Aug 11, 2016
PaulIdu:

And brain dead Nigerians be like it's is a good idea but ..but what ? Nothing sensible in forcing people to install speed limiters on their cars ..of course we know the want to extort Nigerians as usual

This just another way to generate revenue. Who will pay for the dangerous device? Who will pay to install it?

1 Like

Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by olusola200: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2016
GO AND REPAIR THE ROADS FIRST

AT THIS TIME OF CHANGE
U BETTER BE SERIOUS

WHAT ABOUT ALL GOVERNMENT VEHICLE BOTH STATE AND FEDERAL

DOUBLE STANDARD COMING
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by simplynola(m): 9:57am On Aug 11, 2016
Every head of parastatals in Nigeria are always looking for ways to extort Nigerians.From plate number changes to stickers to expired tyres to speed device, always extorting whereas all the FRSC vehicles on the road are not road worthy in the first place.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by Padua30: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2016
This is nonce & it's obvious ndia enwehi common sense how will dis work in dis country of ours were their re no good roads and road signs.This is just an avenue of making them richer cux I know one of our polithiefian will now go to chinko and bring one stupide device that's will be developing fault every mnth and impose it on individuals and also creat a nice plat form for ur police and road safety.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by Padua30: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2016
This is nonsense & it's obvious ndia enwehi common sense how will dis work in dis country of ours were their re no good roads and road signs.This is just an avenue of making them richer cux I know one of our polithiefian will now go to chinko and bring one stupide device that's will be developing fault every mnth and impose it on individuals and also creat a nice plat form for ur police and road safety.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by teebell999(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2016
MadCow1:
First and foremost, the FRSC should put up road signs on all roads before trying to enforce obeying road signs.. grin grin grin grin grin

Most Nigerian Roads have no road signs, improper road signs or invincible signs (hidden signs).

Nigeria is always fond of putting the cart before the horse.

All they have done is given the Marshals another grounds to harass and extort Nigerians.

Its not a must to comment on what you dont know. Its d duties of FERMA and State Road Maintenance Agencies to mount ROAD SIGNS.
FRSC is only meant for enforcement.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by MadCow1: 11:21am On Aug 11, 2016
teebell999:

Its not a must to comment on what you dont know. Its d duties of FERMA and State Road Maintenance Agencies to mount ROAD SIGNS.
FRSC is only meant for enforcement.

Being a Cuunt does not make your comment sound any smarter than it actually is.. I dont care whose fhucking job it is to put up road and street signs, but if there is no sign warning and directing people on the road rules, how then do you enforce them?

Please go punch somebody in your immediate environment if you are looking for a fight.. The point I made is still valid. To enforce speed limits, you must have clear roadsigns showing the speed limit on every road.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by danysi(m): 11:42am On Aug 11, 2016
It's a good development but all govt vehicles (senators, reps, governors etc,) Infact all convoys should installed first before any commercial vehicles. The way these convoys are over speeding is unbearable, therefore FRSC should not enforce it on the masses. Also the price should be low in order to be purchase.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by drotony: 11:51am On Aug 11, 2016
How much is this device?
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by OlujobaSamuel: 11:58am On Aug 11, 2016
if vehicle maker knows that it's wrong to accelerate to 220 upwards, why dem make the vehicle reach that speed? I no just understand, every good thing must surely have a defect that can take life.
I know speed limits will always prevent you from going beyond certain point, abeg hope I can alter mine to like 150km/h, I don't like too much speed?
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by gloryman91: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
Where is ministry of works, transportation and FERMA?Who are supposed to be stakeholders this.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by ayexcel100(m): 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
kayo80:
Hmm! I don't know about this tho.
Data still on
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by Bynocula77(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
For Installation or purchase of speed limiter/governor device and vechicle tracker.
Call us @ Davicom Computer Service
08082530263 OR 07064445615.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by IamUdo(m): 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2016
Pls oga frsc which road in Lagos or Naija has speed limit before una start to monitor speed limit
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by YongChi: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
dis 1 na anoda stockpot for NPF.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by rhektor(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2016
With those FRSC guys that collects #500 from motorists. Another business opportunity grin grin angry grin grin
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by Mickchillz(m): 4:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
Some say:

-the bad roads are the cause of accidents(think deeper and you'll realize the bad roads has done more good than harm as it indirectly assumes the work of this newly introduced device. Although it wrecks our vehicles if you're not careful enough, but other than that its not to blame for accidents but high speed).

-its just a way to extort money from Nigerians(think deeper and you'll realise that even if you so poor to afford the device, you still cant bear the thought of having your loved ones fall victim on the highway. So except youre unfortunately poor and also a witch, then you can discourage people from welcoming this new development and save money rather than save lives).

-setting traps and installing cameras on roads is better(if you think deeper, you will realise that we would do better maintaining the device than the government doing the maintenance on traps and cameras. This is reality, not need for speed. Also, traps would only do its work when you're caught; and for the cameras, think of the nature of maintenance in this country, the time this will take for it to be implemented and not to mention, how many street lights do you see today functioning and still find functioning after some time?! ).

- cant wait to tweak the device so they can run 150km/h(if you think deeper, you will realise that if you weren't joking bout this statement, then you're a dead man walking. Please keep walking and dont drive, else you be a dead man officially ).

- avenue for armed men to catch up and rob(if you think deeper, you'll realize that after the implementation of this new development, just as road safety enforcers do random checks, checking for the device in our vehicles would be a part of these random checks. And most times robbers make use of stolen vehicles, so tell me how will those robbers go faster robbing with a vehicle if they steal your car which you had already installed the device in. In cases of them using their own vehicle, they would hardly not make thinks right with their own vehicle just so law and order agencies do not give them attention ) .

Yes this is naija where things go overboard but doing this is for our own benefit even when you think its just a way to extort money from us.
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by uamani: 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nyz one
Re: FRSC To Begin Use of Speed Limit Detection Device October 1 by ollyruffy: 7:27pm On Aug 11, 2016
Rubbish. Nigerian ways of solving problem is always absurd. FRSC wants the poor masses to pay for their incompetence and cluelessnes.

Why cant FRSC install speed limits on every road in nigeria and install speed monitors that report live data and video to nearby monitoring stations to check over speeding drivers.

The cause of accidents in nigerian roads are not only speed but the following inclusive.

1. Bad roads
2. Poorly trained or un-trained drivers. 99% drivers in nigeria knows nothing about driving rules and safe driving practices
3. Poorly maintained vehicles. MOT, Roadworthiness inspection is just an avenue for government to generate revenue but not to remove pooly maintained vehicles from d roads.
4. Every tom, dick and harry can get drivers license in nigeria.
5. No proper crash investigation or record to know cause of road accidents

(1) (2) (Reply)

Traffic Situation Along AYA-Mararaba Road, Abuja (pictures) / Advice Needed For A Sienna: 2gr Engine Or 3mz Engine / 2008 Toyota Corolla Car AC Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.