Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo (52404 Views)

Emir Sanusi Searching For Ramadan Moon (Photos) / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) / Aminu Sanusi Lamido Becomes A Police Officer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by claremont(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2016
A salute is offered to a position or a rank, not to the personality. In this case, the police officer is saluting the position of the Emir as a revered figure, he is not saluting Sanusi himself. I don't see anything wrong in this.

2 Likes

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2016
Toosure70:
I can only see a ojuju and a police.
Is stupidity a profession, or u are just gifted?
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Toosure70: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nusaf:
Is stupidity a profession, or u are just gifted?
abooki were.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2016
delishpot:
Na instinct jarey! If Na mistake, make world by people try find space in their hearts to forgive and forget this crime he committed against them.
Guy, this is not instinct and the officer did not commit any crime. All first class chiefs are entitled to hand salute. In military functions, there is this thing they call National Salute, and all state governors and first class chiefs are entitled to it. Forget all these people that must just make noise over everything.

4 Likes

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by delishpot: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Guy, this is not instinct and the officer did not commit any crime. All first class chiefs are entitled to hand salute. In military functions, there is this thing they call National Salute, and all state governors and first class chiefs are entitled to it. Forget all these people that must just make noise over everything.

Okay. I do not see any reason why they would want to tear out their eyes over the act sha. some Nigerians too get power for wahala wey no matter.

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by OgundeleT(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
should he now kneel or lie down? salute is just a gesture of honour
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:19pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nigerians dull as they re will say this Is abnormal.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by lezz(m): 5:20pm On Aug 11, 2016
dainformant:
Concerned Nigerians are asking whether this is normal -talking of a senior police officer saluting a civilian/traditional monarch... This happened yesterday between a senior police officer and the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II at his palace in Kano..While the policeman saluted the Emir, the monarch replied him with a handshake...

This has caused division online with some saying the police officer was wrong for saluting a civilian whose highest position held in the country -was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) while others are saying the traditional office is a revered one hence anything is allowed....

What are your thoughts....

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/see-what-happened-between-senior-polie.html
I think the military style salute is wrong. The only civilians to be recipient of that salute are the governors and their deputies as chief security officers of their respective states.

But then Nigerian military and para military have always been unprofessional.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2016
delishpot:

Okay. I do not see any reason why they would want to tear out their eyes over the act sha. some Nigerians too get power for wahala wey no matter.
Hey!!! I did not even notice the username before quoting. Thank God I did not misyearn. Infact, u are among the category that deserve hand salute. This country needs u. Good evening.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 5:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
lezz:
I think the military style salute is wrong. The only civilians to be recipient of that salute are the governors and their deputies as chief security officers of their respective states.

The hand salute is very correct. State governors and first class chiefs are entitled to National Salute not to even talk of hand salute.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by delishpot: 5:30pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Hey!!! I did not even notice the username before quoting. Thank God I did not misyearn. Infact, u are among the category that deserve hand salute. This country needs u. Good evening.

Good evening to you too sir cool
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by seguno2: 5:31pm On Aug 11, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
Very rubbish post. Before the British created Nigeria, the Governors are under the emirs. Go through the history of Kano and u will understand wat I'm talking about

Were there governors before the British created Nigeria?
Were there policemen before the British created Nigeria?
Whose post is very rubbish now?
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by lezz(m): 5:35pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nusaf:

The hand salute is very correct. State governors and first class chiefs are entitled to National Salute not to even talk of hand salute.
Is the military style salute a national salute?

State governors are the statutory chief security officers of their states, so at an official level , that puts all police in his state under him.

First class chiefs and traditional rulers are not recognised at any official capacity in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by rockyh(m): 5:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
dainformant:
Concerned Nigerians are asking whether this is normal -talking of a senior police officer saluting a civilian/traditional monarch... This happened yesterday between a senior police officer and the Emir of Kano Muhammadu Sanusi II at his palace in Kano..While the policeman saluted the Emir, the monarch replied him with a handshake...

This has caused division online with some saying the police officer was wrong for saluting a civilian whose highest position held in the country -was the governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) while others are saying the traditional office is a revered one hence anything is allowed....

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/08/see-what-happened-between-senior-polie.html
don't u know that a police officer in any state is under the traditional leader
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 5:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
lezz:

State governors are the statutory chief security officers of their state, so at an official level , that puts the all police in his state under him.

First class chiefs and traditional rulers are not recognised at any official capacity in Nigeria.
Do u know what is National Salute? In military functions that involve parade and playing of bands, there are two types of honours for welcoming special dignitaries. They are called National and General Salutes. The General Salute is for the President or (his representative) or past presidents and head of states or the service chiefs. The National Salute is for state governors, first class chiefs and very few others I can't remember. In both cases, as the dignitary arrives, everybody will rise and the most senior officer Salutes the dignitary while the band and other instruments are played. This announces the arrival of the dignitory. The only difference between the two is the type of music played. Are u saying that a person entitled to this salute is not entitled to ordinary hand salute?
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by oweman: 6:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
BIAFROGS ARE HERE ON PARADE .
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by sweetgala(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
lezz:

Salute nah salute.. Which one is military which one is police or civilian.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by sweetgala(m): 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2016
lezz:

State governors are the statutory chief security officers of their states, so at an official level , that puts all police in his state under him.

Wrong you may need to study the constitution again, only in the last 20 years has the order of chieftaincy become somewhat confusing with so many village chiefs.

Certain first class chief's enjoy recognition under state laws guiding land ownership patriomony marriage and royalties
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by freshvine(f): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2016
The foolish police officer oblivious of his statutory obligations is saluting a masquerade grin

Muslim fanatics trying to justify this provoking display of stupidity

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by jospepper(m): 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2016
As a police officer in uniform, the etiquette is to salute the Emir and not to shake his hand. I think the Emir extended his hand because he was not aware of that or maybe he forgot. When not in uniform, he can handsomely shake the Emir like a civilian. grin

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2016
Toosure70:
abooki were.
Hello, I'm a human being, and what are u?
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2016
freshvine:
The foolish police officer oblivious of his statutory obligations is saluting a masquerade grin

Muslim fanatics trying to justify this provoking display of stupidity
Are u always this stupid or u are making a special effort today? Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion but urs is just too stupid. What do u know about statutory obligation of a police officer in relation to saluting a 'masquerade'.?

1 Like

Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by NovusHomo(m): 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2016
Guyman02:
What is Salute?
it is simply a form of greeting by group of people within an entity. Imagine how fulfilled a parent feels if his son who is a returning soldier salutes him on stepping into the house.
A police man showing respect to a traditional ruler is just fine, even Obama whenever he wants to enter AirForce One gives military salute to the low ranking sentry by the steps.
Catholic Knights give salute to the Bishop. Boy Scouts and Brigades are encouraged to salute their parents as a source of loyalty.
This post is not worth the MB spent on it.

If a police officer saluting an Emir is what bothers Nigerians at this time, then...
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by SafeAlhaji(m): 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
eleburu:
that is what Yoruba called Ela ojukan.

confusion
You will say ela part2 otun fowoboju ela ojukan tomake a complete sense...
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by SafeAlhaji(m): 7:41pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Are u always this stupid or u are making a special effort today? Everybody is entitled to his/her opinion but urs is just too stupid. What do u know about statutory obligation of a police officer in relation to saluting a 'masquerade'.?
May God heal him...kindly take a chill pill
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by dessyranking(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
[b][/b]

Very rubbish post. Before the British created Nigeria, the Governors are under the emirs. Go through the history of Kano and u will understand wat I'm talking about

Yes o u are very correct
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by SafeAlhaji(m): 7:42pm On Aug 11, 2016
dainformant:

The officer is over emotional
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by freshvine(f): 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
Nusaf:

Sanusi is decked in masquerade costume.

I can't fall down to your level abusing
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Nusaf: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
freshvine:

Sanusi is decked in masquerade costume.

I can't fall down to your level abusing
Calling people muslim fanatics is a complement shey? I don't know what ur problem is but I can bet it's difficult to pronounce. voices in my head tell me u have serious issues.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by atk5: 8:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
Both are not wrong
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by Deilluminator(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
[b][/b]

Stop foaming. The mod just asked a simple question. You could do better by answering his question and educate him there after. I think it's honourable that way.
Re: Police Officer Salutes Emir Sanusi - Photo by emeka2847: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2016
For your village, na gangster dey receive salute

PrettyCrystal:
Why the police no go salute am when the emir dress like traditional gangster

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Deity Chief-Priest Shot As SARS Officers Arrest Masquerades In Anambra (Photos) / Female Fake Bank Alert Scammer Caught In Edo, Beaten Black & Blue [VIDEO] / Burial Of Zarma Usman Koso And His 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.