Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? (26351 Views)

Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Okundaye4(m): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2016
Faculty- Engineering(Mechanical Engineering)

Course- Engineering Mechanics

Level- Graduated.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by hawk05(m): 7:58am On Aug 22, 2016
Dept of Statistics.. I hate anything that has to do with PROBABILITY..

100L STA 121 " Probability distribution" C/O.. Later scored 58 "C"

200L STA 211 "prob dist 2" C/O Later scored 42 "E"

300L STA 311 "Prob dist 3" C/O Two times.. First score 39 "F", 2nd score 20 "F"..

STA 300L STA 335 "Design and analysis experiment" I dropped this course because I learnt dat it was Mass C/O (300l, 400l and spil ova studnts) imagine? thank God i manage scored 40 "E".

400L STA 453 "Stochastic" its the last stage of probability.. Score? No idea. I didnt go for test because i dnt knw wah it mean thou i did Exam.. Test score for those that did it except scholars ranges betwn 0-7 out of 30marks ..Course simple? Count the number of Spill over student before u can judge.. We called it "Spill over course".

Institution: Unilorin.

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 22, 2016
Spongia1:
MTS 311 Groups and Rings. I had a carryover and then scored 41 in my final year. I felt like a genius. Mathematics Department, FUNAAB, God go punish you, I swear

Lol.....Lagrange theorem dey there ba? M divides n
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 22, 2016
Econometrics, labour economics.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...is there weak 2.1...2.1 na 2.1 jhoor!!..ad where does strong 2.1 starts from?
Lol.. I know there's nothing like a weak or strong 2.1

But I said that because I intend to further my education in one of these Canadian universities, most times they regard our 2.1 graduates as those with CGPA of 4.0 and above.

Don't ask me how I know, my cousin is studying there.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Galaxies90(m): 8:01am On Aug 22, 2016
Pol. Science, 300L. Contemporary political thought.
Public policy analysis.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by gozzlin: 8:01am On Aug 22, 2016
Studied Civil engineering.

Ordinary differential equation in 200 level, thermodynamics in 200 lève, strength of of engineering materials in 300 level were really challenging for me. I scaled through nonetheless.

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2016
hawk05:
Dept of Statistics.. I hate anything that has to do with PROBABILITY..

100L STA 121 " Probability distribution" C/O.. Later scored 58 "C"

I also did this sta, banjoko taught us, had a 68 "B"

200L STA 211 "prob dist 2" C/O Later scored 42 "E"

Ive forgotten the name of the man that taught us, but he is fair, had 85 "A"

300L STA 311 "Prob dist 3" C/O Two times.. First score 39 "F", 2nd score 20 "F"..

400L STA 453 "Stochastic" its last stage of probability.. Score? No idea. I didnt go for test because i dnt knw wah it mean thou i did Exam.. Simple course yet tricky. We called it "Spill over course".

Institution: Unilorin.

Didnt do sta in my 300l, cuz I'm a mathematics student.

Cheers!
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by whitejulius81: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2016
Ask Civil Engineering Student About THEORY OF STRUCTURE.....you will know say to become an Engineer no be Moi moi and bread
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by back2sender: 8:03am On Aug 22, 2016
delectablegyal:
Lalasticlala, what the fvck is wrong with you? This thread nvr reach to make front page? Abi i offend you? Oya, sorry, no vex. You know i love youcheesy.
Is this not a thread worthy to be on the front page?
All these indomie children! Just Imagine they neva enter school they have started asking to know which subjects difficult and not difficult.
Tomorrow these same indomie children will say buhari no sabi book. I tire for them ooo.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by lonikit: 8:04am On Aug 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...is there weak 2.1...2.1 na 2.1 jhoor!!..ad where does strong 2.1 starts from?
e tire me ooo. wht is d diff btw 3.50 and 4.49 second class upper division wil be written boldly on both cert.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ayokunlei(m): 8:06am On Aug 22, 2016
SirWere:
Mat 241- Ordinary Differential Equations. It was actually easy but the carry over rate no be small.

Mat 213- Algebra. I'm just hoping to pass that course I swear angry

And analysis and strength of material still dey for 200L embarassed

O.D.E , Linear algebra I and II , to the grace of God- I had A, B, A in those courses. Any course that deals with calculation is very simple
And thanks this bros in nairaland mathematics clinic... Agentofchange1. I had 84 in O.D.E (highest score so far), I am expecting numerical analysis to exceed that one

2 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2016
Darejo:

But I said that because I intend to further my education in one of these Canadian universities, most times they regard our 2.1 graduates as those with CGPA of 4.0 and above.

chai!!!!!....so canadian universities discriminate 2.1 sef....make I jeje go us or australia then?...but I guess its a very top canadian universities ,cos a lecturer of mine had PG studies at canada..and he graduated with 2.2 from unilorin..the school specifically is university of british columbia,vancouver CA...wish u well
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:08am On Aug 22, 2016
delectablegyal:
Lalasticlala, what the fvck is wrong with you? This thread nvr reach to make front page? Abi i offend you? Oya, sorry, no vex. You know i love youcheesy.
God knows that... What ever they call their names.. Whether lalasticlala and nairaland is a big scam.. Nothin is real here... They only give fp based on favoritism . Maybe lalasticlala is just a mere robot
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Ada9103(f): 8:09am On Aug 22, 2016
orimsamsam:
My course is applied geology

Toughest course: analytical chemistry,

Inorganic chemistry and geochemistry

Wow.....was my best tongue
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Baboo13(m): 8:11am On Aug 22, 2016
Lol I remember Bch 304. Introductory metabolism. Course wey I no gallant before, to make matters worse,

1.I do overnight with guys, shingbain no enter brain

2.my stomach con dey sing for exam hall the next morning Chai!

I carry D laidis i just dey thank God
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by SirZeek(m): 8:13am On Aug 22, 2016
Hand Writing.... Primary One I was always confused and received many knocks from my teacher

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ayokunlei(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2016
oluwasegun682:
Course: Accounting
Course Title: Bussiness Statistics
Level: 200
Business and Accounting students can can testify
Boss, all the sta you offered are basic and cheap ones. Hope you had your A sha
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by hawk05(m): 8:14am On Aug 22, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I also did this sta, banjoko taught us, had a 68 "B"

Ive forgotten the name of the man that taught us, but he is fair, had 85 "A"

Didnt do sta in my 300l, cuz I'm a mathematics student.

Cheers!
Oh wow! I think u mean Mr Afolayan.. Probability ? Heaven knows i dnt knw wah it mean..
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Aile(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2016
eco 121(mathematics)
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by lorenzy26(m): 8:15am On Aug 22, 2016
I studied banking in d university
my toughest course was

quantitative technique to management
I just can't forget dat lecturer either, very tough nd inapproachable
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ericmor: 8:15am On Aug 22, 2016
buckyfof:
Accounting

200level

2nd semester

Cost Accounting....pple plenty wey bang dis course, acc205

U still MA II and Advance FA I to face then you will know how far.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
chai!!!!!....so canadian universities discriminate 2.1 sef....make I jeje go us or australia then?...but I guess its a very top canadian universities ,cos a lecturer of mine had PG studies at canada..and he graduated with 2.2 from unilorin..the school specifically is university of british columbia,vancouver CA...wish u well

Thanks boss!

But remember that same lecturer of yours graduated with a 2.2 in Nigeria when Education was still the top priority of the government. Education in this day Nigeria don cast oooo.

That shouldn't stop people from going to school sha
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ayokunlei(m): 8:17am On Aug 22, 2016
andreawills96:
Dept economics
Course code: eco 306
Title: econometrics
Level: graduate
Econometrics is sta349 here, by the grace of God, I will dismantle that course, though it is an elective for me , but its necessary I do it. Seems agentofchange1 is a statistician too smiley
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Dotman2210(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2016
Course: Management And Accounting
The course that gave me some trouble then was Taxation
I had "d" in 400l then "C" in the last aspect in 500l
#LAUTECHAlumnus

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ericmor: 8:19am On Aug 22, 2016
ayokunlei:

Boss, all the sta you offered are basic and cheap ones. Hope you had your A sha

Just know the basis and the logic then u good to go. Ii didn't study that much when I was still in school but got C in the course

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ayokunlei(m): 8:20am On Aug 22, 2016
Moblord:
Engineering
200L
MTH212
Mathematical methods I

Cool, which department are you bro
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by vivaciousvivi(f): 8:20am On Aug 22, 2016
I would have said Engineering Math in my Year one which I had to take with Engineering students in their faculty. But I met Econometrics in Year 3 and went ballistic! Nothing rolling us your sleeve and studying for hours can't achieve though. I am glad it's all past

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by lonikit: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Darejo:

but wait o bro, most universities in canada, I mean about 90% use 4.0 system. so can u make things clearer here.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2016
jeenah:
medicine and surgery
course tittle: Anatomy and Human physiology

to all medicine aspirants, MBBS isn't beans o. u av to be studious -my advice
lol.. am also MB.ch.B/MBBS... physiology is very interesting.. it will set you to think
. in fact, you have to sit at times and imagine .. anatomy is dry esp embryological aspect..
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Horlufemi(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2016
Physics Electronics
Quantum Mechanics
400L

It was like Greek

How I passed, only God knows.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by AideeSheks(m): 8:25am On Aug 22, 2016
Mine was probably electric circuit theory. Then Electromagnetic wave and field theory. Both 300L courses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ssanu FUNAAB Celebrates VC's Birthday With Bread And Coke (Photos) / OAU Students Seen Sleeping On The Ground / Students Attack Osun Radio Station In Violent Protest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.