Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,616 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? (26341 Views)

Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by MTHBOSS(m): 9:12am On Aug 22, 2016
Course: Agric. Technology Course: Industrial Crop 11 Level 200l
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Sirkorlha(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2016
Gbengem:
Dept: Mathematics Course: MAT 323 Title: Complex Analysis
Course: MAT 311 Course Title : Groups and Ring
Course: MAT 321 Course Title: Topology on Rn
Heee 311 AND 321 Was a free ride
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Sammiejo: 9:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Numerical Analysis.

Topology - I would like to know the guy who invented this course, although I still score A

Mathematics.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Dhelake: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2016
CSC 207 - Theory Of Computation (Automata Theory)

The course is Jargons.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by mendelian(m): 9:31am On Aug 22, 2016
solace2013:
SOS 211 (as it was then titled) Technical Drawing
University Course
200 Level UNAAB, 2001.
In fact, it was not a course but a mirage
For an Animal Science Student like me.
I shared testimony at Chapel when I scored 42E in the course
Over 100 students from different departments had carry over.
technical drawings for soil science
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by mochi1(m): 9:33am On Aug 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
For those in English department or Lingustics.....SYNTAX...especially xbar theory,Standard theory,revised standard theory and government and binding, TGG,Optimality theory....God helped us then!!!
no be lie... I didn't like syntax as a course

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by airsaylongcon: 9:35am On Aug 22, 2016
LilSmith55:
Computer Science... Com 214; Advance Troubleshooting And Bus 226; Business Law

Please what school teaches trouble shooting in its CS course?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by RJayson(m): 9:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Spongia1:
MTS 311 Groups and Rings. I had a carryover and then scored 41 in my final year. I felt like a genius. Mathematics Department, FUNAAB, God go punish you, I swear
Awon eyan Dr Agboola

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 22, 2016
EricMason:
yes sir, down here we also do pathophysiology just last semester undecided undecided undecided

Alright....
Here is Nigeria, no medschool offers pathophysiology as a course.
We have Physiology, Anatomy, pathology and pharmacology as part of Basic Medical Science Curriculum while Medicine, Surgery, Paediatric, Obs & Gynea and Community Health are in Clinical Curriculum.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by 360command: 9:42am On Aug 22, 2016
Computer Forensics.
Information systems and organisation(ISO).

Na ISO give us tough times. The school use us take c front that year. The money for re-sitting na die...
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by OMOTOWO(m): 9:54am On Aug 22, 2016
God knows i hate maths
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by mochi1(m): 9:55am On Aug 22, 2016
fruityjojo:
Discipline: Law.
200Level Contract &
500Level Company Law.
THANK GOD IT ALL ENDED IN PRAISE smiley
#class of distinction 2016
contract wasnt that difficult for me... what will you say about jurisprudence and also evidence.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Yalakalibari007: 9:55am On Aug 22, 2016
GoldenJAT:
just imagine political science students doin statistics then!!we failed and failed again except 4 very few dt managed 2 scale through....and 1 other course titled comtemprary political somethin somethin....u go sleep by force 4 class...as d lecturer kukuma no help matter join

the stat was hard but when the lecturer was replaced by some one that just came from the Uk . it became so easy grin
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Franky826: 9:56am On Aug 22, 2016
Deeman87:
Engineering Metallurgy, 1st Semester 500L.
I hate dat course ehh...I manage to have an E. Come and see d rate at which students carried it over!

That's a nice course and even a fundamental in met/mat engr

A better textbook would have helped.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Franky826: 9:59am On Aug 22, 2016
Admin401:
Electromagnetic Field Theory.
it's a course in advanced physics, but we were forced to do it in our Engineering curriculum

i never looked at physicist the same way after that course

With those weird and long formulas why should you still see them as same
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by 8BitGee(m): 10:01am On Aug 22, 2016
Analytical Mechanics.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by sheylarhh(m): 10:04am On Aug 22, 2016
Baboo13:
Lol I remember Bch 304. Introductory metabolism. Course wey I no gallant before, to make matters worse,

1.I do overnight with guys, shingbain no enter brain

2.my stomach con dey sing for exam hall the next morning Chai!

I carry D laidis i just dey thank God
OAU?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 22, 2016
Toughest course? I don't think I had any. What we had was tough and foolish lecturers. When I did the course, MNE501/503, Joining and Welding Technology, I had a foolish old man for a lecturer.

He curses every one in the class for no reason. He asked some students to cone lie down on the ground for the faintest sound.

He knelt down a lot of adults. I remember wishing he'd single me out one of those days so I could cure his madness and teach others their right. My motivation was that I never really cared about the GP though.

His exams? Lines from two textbooks over 600 hundred pages combined are omitted and you'd have to fill in the answer. The word 'is' and 'and' could be missing. He was in all honesty a foolish and despicable old man.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Tobyshegz(m): 10:05am On Aug 22, 2016
I got mine too grin grin..
I beg to differ cool.
Unicor (University of corruption)
PhysioBuharicology

Economic recession(601)
700L grin
2nd semester
The course hard like mad!!.
My coursemates and myself don carryover like 3 times now embarassed embarassed..but its all good. We are in this together grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Heroesworths(m): 10:06am On Aug 22, 2016
Math 201 Real Analysis
I scored 62B
Till date i didnt know how i got that.
I was just writing convergence, infinity, < , > sigma

I nearly somersaulted when i got B
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Franky826: 10:08am On Aug 22, 2016
osjoshua:

whats this ones saying

Lol he should wait till thermodynamics gives him a left jab, strength of materials with the right one, FEG To finish him.

Better brace up this is Engineering or no sorry, this is......

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by senachiever(m): 10:10am On Aug 22, 2016
vet physiology and artifificial insemination 500l
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2016
Affable0709:
I'm an aspirant too..
Faculty: Engineering. (EE)
Difficult Course: None.

I'm not saying it by faith, but from the bottom of determination.

EE is a course for those who are determined.Just sharpen your mathematical analysis skills.And visualizing skills ,if you are studying in Nigeria.I have difficulty in understanding electronics aspect of EEE then as an undergraduate,because it was all theoritical.
Welcome!

3 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by OsuGanja(m): 10:10am On Aug 22, 2016
delectablegyal:
If you are an undergraduate or a graduate, let's know the toughest course(s) you did or you are doing in school.

Let your submission be like this:

course: engineering

course title: technical drawing

level: 200

semester: 2nd semester

you can mention as many courses as possible.

that's just an example, i didn't study engineering. I'm an aspirant.

what's the purpose of this thread? It is so that aspirants can take the course seriously when they become undergraduates.

Cc: lalasticlala. I trust you on this one.

Eco 205 Mathematics for economists.......Very crazy course.... Its also my first carry over now.......At least 75% or more carried the course.... I still dont know the magic I'll next session to clear......
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Franky826: 10:15am On Aug 22, 2016
muller101:
Theory of plasticity and elasticity. 500l. 2nd sem. I so much hate that course.

Lol. When you got a good lecturer on it like mine(prof B.A okorie). Getting a B in it is a no no

Sorry o grin
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by delectablegyal(f): 10:15am On Aug 22, 2016
OsuGanja:

Eco 205 Mathematics for economists.......Very crazy course.... Its also my first carry over now.......At least 75% or more carried the course.... I still dont know the magic I'll next session to clear......

awww, sorry about that. Which school though?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 22, 2016
uyplus:
Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
My best course as an undergraduate, pharmaceutical and Medicinal chemistry, I dreaded Dispensing.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by OsuGanja(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2016
delectablegyal:

awww, sorry about that. Which school though?

Olabisi Onabanjo University (Osu)
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 22, 2016
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2016
Studying psychology.. To be honest... No course has been tough for me.. The only course that has been challenging is research design and analysis because it contains advance statistics and maybe physiological psychology.. Bt the rest is breeze
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by FarukuWadata12(m): 10:24am On Aug 22, 2016
olihilistic:
lord knows I hate the following courses Statistics ( Basic statistics.) Physics (physics for life science) Mathematics.(foundation of mathematics.)
I will not tell anybody my level.
but read your books when you are admitted.

these (physics and mathematics) are the courses I'm studying right now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Lady Drives Keke In Bayelsa To Sponsor Herself Through School. Photos / What Can I Do With A Degree In Philosophy? / Mother & Son Bag MSc From UNILAG (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.