Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,809 members, 7,817,346 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? (26322 Views)

Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / How To Enjoy The Course You Hate. / Why You May End Up Not Practising The Course You Studied In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by paragon40(m): 7:35am On Aug 22, 2016
LAW OF JURISPRUDENCE.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by son4century(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Citizenship Education
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ThatSameGuy: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2016
alfredb:
Have been given admission to study biochemistry. Any difficult course?

sis, that should be the last thing you would wanna know .. just face every course squarely..
Goodluck grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Adex097: 7:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Dept: Economics and Statistics
Dreaded course: Operations Research ECO329

Killed the course anyways undecided

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ayokunlei(m): 7:38am On Aug 22, 2016
[quote author=SirWere post=48430292]Mat 241- Ordinary Differential Equations. It was actually easy but the carry over rate no be small.

Mat 213- Algebra. I'm just hoping to pass that course I swear
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Mat307 - Real analysis 1 (although i love it, it's tough) funny isnt it?

Mat306 - Abstract Algebra! hated this course

I'm on My way to 400l embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by LORDI(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Business admin/marketing.

Course:-principles of management.

200l
The course was easy, but the lecturer made it hell
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by lonikit: 7:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Kinsworld42:
[b] lolz i know that feelings though, studying structures of words. Then what will happen when you meet morphosyntax? that is combination of two different courses as one, its hell I tell you...
huuu. that dept ennnh. only God knws sha. in my sckl, up till now, no one has bn able to break and set that record of first class.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by jessetom(m): 7:40am On Aug 22, 2016
Chemical Engineering.
Course: Chemical Engineering Process analysis.
The course was 3 in 1..

Design of experiment and ChemE Statistics.
Numerical Methods (oh Runge-Kutta)
Modeling of Chemical Engineering Systems(Reacting and non-reacting. I love this part)

It's wasn't easy. Engineering students should know what's up.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by jessetom(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Chemical Engineering.
Course: Chemical Engineering Process analysis.
The course was 3 in 1..

Design of experiment and ChemE Statistics.
Numerical Methods (oh Runge-Kutta)
Modeling of Chemical Engineering Systems(Reacting and non-reacting. I love this part)

It's wasn't easy. Engineering students should know what's up
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Kxke(m): 7:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Admin401:
Electromagnetic Field Theory.
it's a course in advanced physics, but we were forced to do it in our Engineering curriculum

i never looked at physicist the same way after that course

Omo that course na bastard.Gausian theory,Ampere's theory,poyginat theory...omo u must understand them abstractly and apply physically coupled with the calculus and vector analysis involved. After taking that course my conclusion/advise was that ''if u don't knw mathematics;if mathematics doesn't flow in ur vein; then,pls stay clear off ENGINEERING especially ELECT.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Joeyy(m): 7:42am On Aug 22, 2016
Course: Computer Science

Course title: Ordinary differential equation (mathematics).
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by GoggleB(m): 7:43am On Aug 22, 2016
jeenah:
medicine and surgery
course tittle: Anatomy and Human physiology

to all medicine aspirants, MBBS isn't beans o. u av to be studious -my advice

I don waka pass.. Hello bae
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by mrarranger: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2016
Engineering :200l

Statics,Dynamics and fluid mechanics. These courses eh.
If you are planning to read engineering get ready for the above courses;also be on the lookout for ODE - Ordinary Differential Equation (o di egwu).

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2016
Kinsworld42:
[b] lolz i know that feelings though, studying structures of words. Then what will happen when you meet morphosyntax? that is combination of two different courses as one, its hell I tell you...
lolz
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 22, 2016
SirWere:
Mat 241- Ordinary Differential Equations. It was actually easy but the carry over rate no be small.

Mat 213- Algebra. I'm just hoping to pass that course I swear angry

And analysis and strength of material still dey for 200L embarassed

A mathematics student?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 7:44am On Aug 22, 2016
Joeyy:
Course: Computer Science

Course title: Ordinary differential equation (mathematics).

Wow this is easy, pray you dont do the PDE.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Onyi42(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2016
Applied biochemistry

200l

Linear algebra..ordinary differentials.bus101..gs109..bch212(biological macromolecules?)

Unizik
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2016
lonikit:

huuu. that dept ennnh. only God knws sha. in my sckl, up till now, no one has bn able to break and set that record of first class.
which sch please?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2016
umehmj:

just score 40 and you'll celebrate like you made an A. actually it's A equivalent to other courses

You score 40....you damage your GP. Thats the problem.
E mad gan. But at least its better than 39....alot lot of people spilled the course....i got B in both course....i had to buy myself a gift grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by GodswillAJudins(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2016
seunoni34:
Phy 102 in futa. I dreaded that course like a vampire.

Ifa hear, na u sha, hope no dey engineering?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by dalo23(m): 7:49am On Aug 22, 2016
structural analysis
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 7:49am On Aug 22, 2016
Darejo:
I graduated from the Department of Production Engineering, University of Benin this very last session. Instead of listing my toughest departmental courses which some persons might not be familiar with, I'll just state the general ones common to all departments which I believe some engineering graduates here are familiar with;

Faculty - Engineering

1. Course - PRE571 & PRE572( Engineering Economics and Administration)... This course gave every final year students nightmare, it's not as if it was very difficult, but the lecturers who took it then didn't help issues at all.

Semester - First and Second.

2. Course - MEE211 and MEE212 (Engineering Mechanics)... Hehehe, I believe this one speaks for itself. This one is the most difficult course in 200L, if not the most difficult in the Whole of Engineering self. People fail tire, remember the time of Ariave and co.

Semester - First and Second

3. Course - MEE351 and MEE352 (Engineering Thermodynamics)... This one na the Boss of all boss, I can remember I had D in this course but yet I was very happy because D then was like A. lol

Thank God I was still able to graduate with a strong 2.1 though! it was not really easy for me.

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 7:50am On Aug 22, 2016
Darejo:
I graduated from the Department of Production Engineering, University of Benin this very last session. Instead of listing my toughest departmental courses which some persons might not be familiar with, I'll just state the general ones common to all departments which I believe some engineering graduates here are familiar with;

Faculty - Engineering

1. Course - PRE571 & PRE572( Engineering Economics and Administration)... This course gave every final year students nightmare, it's not as if it was very difficult, but the lecturers who took it then didn't help issues at all.

Semester - First and Second.

2. Course - MEE211 and MEE212 (Engineering Mechanics)... Hehehe, I believe this one speaks for itself. This one is the most difficult course in 200L, if not the most difficult in the Whole of Engineering self. People fail tire, remember the time of Ariave and co.

3. Course - MEE351 and MEE352 (Engineering Thermodynamics)... This one na the Boss of all boss, I can remember I had D in this course but yet I was very happy because D then was like A. lol

Thank God I was still able to graduate with a strong 2.1 though! it was not really easy for me.

lolz...is there weak 2.1...2.1 na 2.1 jhoor!!..ad where does strong 2.1 starts from?

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by buckyfof(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2016
Accounting
200level
2nd semester
Cost Accounting....pple plenty wey bang dis course, acc205

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by sadiqmtj(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2016
MBBS paediatrics 600level
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by ikbnice(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2016
SirWere:
Mat 241- Ordinary Differential Equations. It was actually easy but the carry over rate no be small.

Mat 213- Algebra. I'm just hoping to pass that course I swear angry

And analysis and strength of material still dey for 200L embarassed
walahi O. D. E and Abstract algebra coupled with real analysis na confirm headache.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:51am On Aug 22, 2016
Gly 303. Structural Geology.
Gly 301- Igneous petrology.
Gly 311- Metamorphic petrology.
Gly 403- Engineering Geology.

Infact, Almost all 300level courses in geology is tough.
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by lonikit: 7:52am On Aug 22, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
which sch please?
KSU. u?
Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by icnsystem(m): 7:54am On Aug 22, 2016
Technical Drawing all the way!!!...I just cannot understand anything about this course and i keep failing it over and over again.

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2016
handsomeclouds:
ECN 203- Macro economic analysis
First Semester.
Unilorin
Year 200+
Actually there are just five topic on the course content
The lecturer came to class just two times and ended the class.
The exam was computer based
The questions were terribly hard.
In fact i'm sure the questions were imported from Pluto.
He had set over 500 questions, no two people had same set of questions.
(Mr Yakubu) now Dr Yakubu....... I respect him till date.

I know him, he taught us gns in 200level.

1 Like

Re: What's The Toughest Course You Did/you Are Doing In School? by babyfaceafrica: 7:54am On Aug 22, 2016
lonikit:
KSU. u?
unilag..so you guys doo linguistics?..nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

NUC Approves Three New Universities In Delta State / Olu Of Warri’s Wife Calls For Justice For Sylvester Oromoni (Photos) / Juniour WAEC Past Questions And Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.