Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) (6919 Views)

Buhari Used Microphone To Speak With Trump Today / How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / Femi Adesina Meets With Wole Soyinka At The State House (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Agunechemba1(m): 11:21am On Aug 12, 2016
President Buhari needed an interpreter to communicate with Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka.

Well you wouldn't blame Mr President.

13 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by TippyTop(m): 11:25am On Aug 12, 2016
grin cheesy grin
Soyinka: Mr President which one of my many novels happens to be your favourite?

Buhari: The cow died.
(aide to Buhari: The Man Died)

97 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by MDsambo: 11:26am On Aug 12, 2016
You mean Wole Soyinka can't speak English?

13 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by thesicilian: 11:29am On Aug 12, 2016
MDsambo:
No. He means the obvious: Buhari does not understand English. Could be because of his persistent ear infection (since it seems they are only using the right ear now in this pix), but then again I don't really blame him. Professor Whole Soyinka came to my alma mater (Uniben) some years ago to give a keynote address and by the time he was through more than 95% of our professors were either fast asleep or visibly lost!

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Sunofgod(m): 11:35am On Aug 12, 2016
Chai.....Where Wole's own as I'm sure he couldn't understand either of them

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by LoveMachine(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
The peanut gallery in this thread are morons. Continue telling jokes and starving. Your posts are embarrassing to say the least.

5 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by hungryboy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
MDsambo:
no.
What we meant is,
Buhari's English couldn't be understood by Wole Soyinka,
An interpreter had to tell him what the dullard was saying

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
I am sure highfalutin language must have been used in their interpersonal communication.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Agunechemba1(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
LoveMachine:
The peanut gallery in this thread are morons. Continue telling jokes and starving. Your posts are embarrassing to say the least.

Oshiomole would say "Go and die "

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by ashjay001(m): 1:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
MDsambo:

See ignoram... quoting u up n down, with their perceived explanations!?!

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Saheed9: 1:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
but they said it was a close door meeting
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by DesChyko: 1:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
You've heard him speak tge official language.

Why should you be surprised?

Thr gulf in their academic statuses can only be temporarily bridged by the interpreter.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by iheanyi40(m): 1:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
TippyTop:
grin cheesy grin

lmao grin grin

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by LoveMachine(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
Agunechemba1:

Oshiomole would say "Go and die "

Gbam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by dnawah(m): 1:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Agunechemba1:
President Buhari needed an interpreter to communicate with Nobel laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka.

u got it wrong,he can hear him from afar and he does want him to come close.
bubu be like,this man bring cultism 4 this country uni,make i go far.
him be like "y this man the fear me like this na,u see am the north no trust the west.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Qualer: 1:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
TippyTop:
grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Qualer: 1:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by LoveMachine(m): 1:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=48418809][/quote]

I just looked over your posts. Your online existence is abysmal and lacking worth. Step your life up and do better. I'm not going to go in like i want because I have tendency to get banned. So I'll just stop here. Good day.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Qualer: 2:04pm On Aug 12, 2016
LoveMachine:

I just looked over your posts. Your online existence is abysmal and lacking worth. Step your life up and do better. I'm not going to go in like i want because I have tendency to get banned. So I'll just stop here. Good day.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by ProfessorPeter(m): 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2016
D guy na BBC Hausa correspondent. E dey try to interpret to Baba wety Prof say talk. I hope Hausa guy understand Prof's grammar if not na double wahalla for both of them

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by meromero11: 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
How do you expect Buhari to understand Prof.Wole Soyinka's english when even professors of english are struggling to understand him as well. Wole Soyinka delivered a speech in vienna , australia to a large audience comprising predominantly of the best of professors from the west. He spoke for 30mins during which the audience were completely held spell bound. At the end of his speech, the audience gave a 10mins continous standing ovation.
The man is on a different league. Am sure Soyinka never uttered a word to pmb other than the usual compliments. The presidency must have pre-recorded his questions/statements a week ahead of the meeting for Femi Adeshina along with at least six known university professors invited to break Soyinka's questions/statement down into simpler understandable english two days ahead of the visitation.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by otukpo(f): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
This is not news.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by rattlesnake(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
Agunechemba1:

seems commonsense is now a luxury for some igbos
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by DozieInc(m): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hillarious caption.. " the cow died"

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by iconSAGE1(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Fada Fada remix
Phyno ft Buhari. . . .
Buhari's verse:
"Since I win election, I dey travel go obodo oyibo,
na spacecraft remain for me baba u know,
ndi Igbo bikonu bia n'ebea take photo.
E no easy 2 dey chill with Presido Obama.
Na teacher figure the presido e be to me o, since I lost my senses na him e don add up to me oooo..
I say gone are the days, the days wen Dasuki dem overthrow me.
right about now all of dem go Sidon jail o.
I thank AsoRock agu na echemba akanchawa o.
(akanchawa)
Na bullet proof cars me and Aisha de take journey o
(akanchawa)
Oya Jonathan where you dey o (Jonathan)
Lai Muhammed where u dey o
(Lie lie man)

Chorus : Phyno
Imana APC emegokwa agadi zege.

Every day by day Nigerians go dey suffer o.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by ikbnice(m): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
Only few people understand Prof. Wole Soyinka when he speaks. I doubt even if the interpreter is interpreting correctly or just acting on logical guess.
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by clefstone(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
The man no really go skool o

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by LesbianBoy(m): 2:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
TippyTop:
grin cheesy grin

Buhari sef

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by DozieInc(m): 3:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by aminho(m): 3:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
ProfessorPeter:
D guy na BBC Hausa correspondent. E dey try to interpret to Baba wety Prof say talk. I hope Hausa guy understand Prof's grammar if not na double wahalla for both of them
get your fact right thats the chief protocol of the federation

1 Like

Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by Mustay(m): 3:22pm On Aug 12, 2016

Op needed someone to communicate to him that aside the fact that he was not present at the meeting, pictures could also tell us a thousand things, depending on the way the viewer sees it.

Common sense will tell us that an interpreter does not need to be in such an uncomfortable position in order to 'interpret' Soyinka's words.

Well, you wouldn't blame those who feed on illogical speculations undecided
Re: How Buhari Used An Interpreter To Communicate With Wole Soyinka (pix) by AllTheWayUp: 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin grin grin

Buhari is a gworo chewing certificateless dullard

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Ugwuanyi Appoints Sas On Students, Youth Affairs / Buhari's Campaign DG Set To Lose State To PDP, As Atiku Leads Massively In 9 LGA / 2023 Presidency: PDP Nursing False Hope – Garba Shehu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.