Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,451 members, 7,830,236 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance (802 Views)

Wike And Miss University Pageant Contestants On A Tour In Rivers State (Photos) / Wike And David Mark Commission Remodelled Brick House (Photos) / Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by francs23: 11:46am On Aug 12, 2016
On the 23rd of March 2016 speaking at Rivers State National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Headquarters in Port Harcourt. Governor Wike announced an increment in the montly allowance of corps members serving outside Port Harcourt from N10, 000 to N15000. He also increased the state monthly allowance of corps members serving in Port Harcourt from N5000 to N10000.
Let me not go into his promise to find and prosecute the murderer who shot and killed Mr Sunday Okonta ( of which we havent even heard of the result of the post mortem; may his soul RIP) for that is a topic for another day.
Now every NYSC corp memeber past or present in Rivers State knows that the issue of NYSC state allowances in Rivers state has been a reason for hate and condemnation of the Rotimi Amechi administration. My question is since he knew he wasnt interested in paying the allowances, why bring it up in the first place, worse to go as far as promising to pay the increased allowances is not just heartless but an insult to all the corp members through Rivers State and rubbishes everything the NYSC programme is supposed to stand for.
And lastly, it is an insult to the memory of the Late Mr Sunday Okonta whose commisuration was turned to a political campaign.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by addictiv(m): 11:54am On Aug 12, 2016
I just tire for Gov. WIKE. I said it that those where empty promises and just a publicity stunt. Politicians have always been toying with the lives of youths in this country. It's time we called for a total sanitation of the system and weed out promise and fail politics. Mods pls move to front page

CC Lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by diegwu01: 3:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
When the FG complained about the dwindling Oil revenues and almost empty Foreign reserves they met in office and its effect on the Economy, the confused wailing lot thought it was Buhari's problem alone and praised heavens it would kill PMB's popularity. Lo, The ND states are hard hit,
Wike may mean well for the people of Rivers State but those Oil monies that serviced the SS states , Monies they shared on their Dining tables aint there anymore.. Promises would definitely be broken. grin grin
Re: Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by francs23: 6:08pm On Aug 12, 2016
The money in total is about 50 mil naira. Wasnt even up to 10% of what was spent by pdp during the rerun elections. So i dont think the funds is the issue
Re: Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by Femich18(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
francs23:
The money in total is about 50 mil naira. Wasnt even up to 10% of what was spent by pdp during the rerun elections. So i dont think the funds is the issue
You have said it all
Re: Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by chriskosherbal(m): 6:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
I see
Re: Gov Wike And Unpaid NYSC Rivers State Allowance by Abagworo(m): 7:05pm On Aug 12, 2016
Regular civil servants in Rivers State have not been paid for close to 5 months.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Moves National Convention To Adokiye Amasiemeka Stadium, Omagwa / Speechless!!! Truck Driver Parked His Truck In The Middle Of Road To Pray, What / Buhari Must See This!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.