Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians (4248 Views)

"I Will Never Forget Your Sacrifices" - President Buhari Tells His Supporters / Economy: Recession Will End Soon, Buhari Tells Nigerians / No Quick Fix For Nigeria’s Problems, Buhari Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by bukifemi1: 3:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari, said that there is no quick solution to the present challenges of hunger confronting the nation.

Buhari, who made this shocking revelation through the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, during a dramatic town hall meeting, held in Abuja, insisted that Nigerians have to exercise more patience.

During the meeting, the Sultan of Sokoto and Chairman of the occasion, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar, set the tone for the interactions between Buhari’s nine Ministers and members of the public, when he said in his opening remarks that Buhari’s policies should be reviewed, if they were not working.

He said, “If policies don’t work, there is nothing wrong in reviewing them. The government must be open to suggestions.

“If the people say they are hungry, the government should listen to them”.

Reacting, the Minister of Finance, Kemi Adeosun, who was queried on ghost workers, said, “There is no quick solution to the present challenge. There is a fundamental problem, but if we can be patient, we shall get there.

“We have a conservative borrowing programme; and we must borrow to do rail and other projects, the rail that we have now was done in the colonial era.

“We have to do rail to enable agriculture and solid minerals to be competitive. I don’t see any other option than to borrow.

“We will borrow sustainably; we will borrow to make sure that we don’t burden future generations.

“We have been borrowing in the past to pay salaries; now we borrow to invest”.

In his speech, the Minister of Agriculture, Chief Audu Ogbeh, said, “There is a cry in the air that Nigerians are hungry, and we hear them loud and clear. There are also unbelievable stories about people taking their children as human collateral for food, with no intentions to pick them up.

“This situation in Nigeria today was going to happen; whether it is this administration or another. We headed this way a long time ago.

‘‘In 1986, we were forced to devalue and deregulate. We were forced to open our doors to importation. We began devaluing the naira. We have done it steadily for 30 years. We are now N400 to one dollar and we are told to continue devaluing; that devaluation will bring wonders. I don’t believe it.

“I hope we don’t hit N1,000 to $1 someday, because the demand for dollars is $2.5 billion a week, and I have this from high authorities within the system.

“We simply don’t have it. We don’t print dollars, but the people are angry that we are not making dollars available. We became importers of rice; $5 million a day; wheat, $6 million a day; tomato paste, $400 million a year; and $20 billion a year on food’’.

Other Ministers that addressed the gathering include: Geoffrey Onyeama (Foreign Affairs), Kayode Fayemi (Solid Minerals Development), Amina Mohammed (Environment) and Prof. Isaac Adewole (Health).

http://www.post-nigeria.com/stop-crying-no-quick-solution-to-end-your-hunger-buhari-tells-nigerians/

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by kindworld(m): 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2016
First of all FTC

Back to the issue at hand, God's Kingdom is the real hope for mankind ills!

Not human governments, they'll soon be destroyed because they have failed us
Can't wait for (Daniel 2:44) to have it's fulfillment, only then will man enjoy a satisfying and perfect government!
I am among those who will rather keep praying for God's Kingdom to come. (Matthew 6:10)

3 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 3:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
If "COMMON SENSE" was a muslim maybe Buhari would use it well.
Everythhinq just went up under buhari.
Rice #20,000.
Sugar #1300.
My dog don dey chop grass now..........who geh money for fries and meat?

12 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Mrbigman1(m): 3:36pm On Aug 12, 2016
And if the hopeless presidency can say dis, people should go into crime to survive den.

Hopeless government

6 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 3:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
Make i no lie, Buhari is technically dull grin grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Abeymills(m): 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2016
The stupid useless dullard president has once again admit his a huge failure chai but buhari u are wicked selfish n a miser

9 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by BeeBeeOoh(m): 3:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
I never expected any miracle from buhari, so ain't surprised.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
kindworld:
First of all FTC

Can't wait for (Daniel 2:44) to have it's fulfillment, only then will man enjoy a satisfying and perfect government!
I am among those who will rather keep praying for God's Kingdom to come. (Matthew 6:10)
There is nothing like God's Kingdom, show me any nation that got developed with prayer??

This the problem with Nigerians, u want God to chose a leader for u, u want God to fight bad leaders, u want God to review all the industries and give u job

Better get it, there is no God coming to save Nigeria, it is either we do it or we remain like this

3 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 4:14pm On Aug 12, 2016
This is the truth, the only miracle that can happen now is if oil reach 100 dollars per barrels...
This will take years to fix accept it or leave it, the more u and I join hands the faster it will be

Just watch as people will abuse me and Buhari but won't say what they think Buhari should have done

2 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 4:21pm On Aug 12, 2016
GEJ is the root caused of all these problems.If
he had saved like OBJ saved, Nig would have
been better. but the Otuoke clown was busy
dishing out our hard earned FOREX to Dasuki,
Fayose n the likes.
GEJ met over $68B+crude oil sold over $100
per barrel for most part of his tenure yet he
couldnot save.
Anyway, the gele woman has recently said all,
that their inability to save for rainy day caused
the present economic woes.
GEJ messed Nigeria's economy!!
If not for Buhari's prudency and anti corruption crusade,Nigerian economy could have gone awry than even Venuzuela's

4 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by chrisifeanyi: 4:31pm On Aug 12, 2016
I warned them but they wouldn't listen.
Na me and them go dey see am.

4 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by kindworld(m): 4:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
mrvitalis:

There is nothing like God's Kingdom, show me any nation that got developed with prayer??

This the problem with Nigerians, u want God to chose a leader for u, u want God to fight bad leaders, u want God to review all the industries and give u job

Better get it, there is no God coming to save Nigeria, it is either we do it or we remain like this

My brother it's not only about Nigeria, mankind in general has always yearn for a perfect and satisfying government!
They have tried different types of government in quest for for an ideal government and so will it continue until God's Kingdom comes.

Man wasn't made to govern himself, disobedience led us to where we are.

Granted there are leaders with honest intention but they can't truly give us a perfect leadership.
Even if they do they'll still be succeed by another, besides you can't compare human rulership with God's government!

Wether we do something about nigerian government or not when it's time God's own Kingdom will reign!

My question to you is this: if God want to establish his own government in place of human kingdoms can you stop him (Daniel 2:44)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Dannidom(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
President99:
Fayose n the likes.
couldnot save.
If not for Buhari's prudency and anti corruption crusade,Nigerian economy could have gone awry than even Venuzuela's
I know your condition

Blaming GEJ acts like a fix so that you don't completely loose your mind

eeyah take heart inugo enjoy the change

12 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by mrvitalis(m): 5:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
kindworld:

My brother it's not only about Nigeria, mankind in general has always yearn for a perfect and satisfying government!
They have tried different types of government in quest for for an ideal government and so will it continue until God's Kingdom comes.

Man wasn't made to govern himself, disobedience led us to where we are.

Granted there are leaders with honest intention but they can't truly give us a perfect leadership.
Even if they do they'll still be succeed by another, besides you can't compare human rulership with God's government!

Wether we do something about nigerian government or not when it's time God's own Kingdom will reign!

My question to you is this: if God want to establish his own government in place of human kingdoms can you stop him (Daniel 2:44)
Lool so let's fold our arms n wait for God's Kingdom then

2 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dannidom:
I know your condition

Blaming GEJ acts like a fix so that you don't completely loose your mind

eeyah take heart inugo enjoy the change
Attack the message but not the messenger!
pls counter the facts I wrote out.
U can't eat ur cake n have it.
Even Ngozi admitted they couldn't save for rainy day.
GEJ spent Nigerian hard earned FOREX he met plus the oil boom era he had as a president.
PMB met almost-emptied confers plus plumetting oil price, do u expect him to print dollars for ur insatiable love for foreugn products.
Pls respond no insults n thanks in advance

3 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by drss2(m): 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
buari cassandra dullard never disapoint. grin so nigerians should die because is gworo infested brain is too weak to solve hunger situation in d con3 haahahhahahhahahahahaha cheesy once a dullard always a dullard.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by drss2(m): 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
President99:
Fayose n the likes.
couldnot save.
u can as well blame GEJ for d lack of rainfall in ur village.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by ajepako(f): 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
kindworld:
First of all FTC

Best comment ever....jw apparently..

4 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by policy12: 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2016
Really?

4 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by babajeje123(m): 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2016
President99:
Fayose n the likes.
couldnot save.
Please, when are we going to stop this blame game? What do you think an employer will do to his employee who keeps blaming his predecessor for his inability to perform? They keep telling us gej squandered but what of the money recovered from those who benefited from gej ill spending? Please, let's put sentiment of all sort aside and be truthful. Jonathan is bad but Buhari is worse. If after a year and we are yet to see a glimpse of relief, then he has nothing to offer us.

8 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by milky3(f): 8:25pm On Aug 12, 2016
Naija whc way
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by MutantMetahuman: 8:58pm On Aug 12, 2016
Common buhari

What is wrong with you.?

Don't you get it?

Wailers want you to wave magic wand and make all our problems go away.. *Abracadabra*

Poof!,grin
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by IllegalMoney: 9:09pm On Aug 12, 2016
Buhari is a burukutu drinking certificateless dullard---Bill Gate

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
Saudi Arabia Withdrew Billions From Markets, Estimates Show ... www​.bloomberg.com/.../ saudi-arabia-has...
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2016
babajeje123:

Please, when are we going to stop this blame game? What do you think an employer will do to his employee who keeps blaming his predecessor for his inability to perform? They keep telling us gej squandered but what of the money recovered from those who benefited from gej ill spending? Please, let's put sentiment of all sort aside and be truthful. Jonathan is bad but Buhari is worse. If after a year and we are yet to see a glimpse of relief, then he has nothing to offer us.
Check all the oil dependent economies:Saudi with jst 32mill peopl has withdrwan over$ 70B from its resrve, despite this, t's still removing most of its subsidies. venezuela is even worse.
Do expect PMB to print dollars?
let reduce our insatiable love for foregn products.
There is no short way out of this predicament.
Previous govts failed to diversify our economy.
pls tell us ur economy plan?

1 Like

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by President99: 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by meme4real: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2016
President99:
Fayose n the likes.
couldnot save.

Eeyahaa...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Jengem: 11:18pm On Aug 12, 2016
Dull leader

Brainless zombies ^^^^
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by afanide: 11:43pm On Aug 12, 2016
the change is really really real........
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
President99:
Attack the message but not the messenger!
pls counter the facts I wrote out.
U can't eat ur cake n have it.
Even Ngozi admitted they couldn't save for rainy day.
GEJ spent Nigerian hard earned FOREX he met plus the oil boom era he had as a president.
PMB met almost-emptied confers plus plumetting oil price, do u expect him to print dollars for ur insatiable love for foreugn products.
Pls respond no insults n thanks in advance

Who has ever made money saving money? People read this shit everyday and wonder if people like you were born yesterday.
Re: Stop Crying, No Quick Solution To End Your Hunger – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Thisis2raw(m): 12:18am On Aug 13, 2016
That are the words of a confused man

(1) (2) (Reply)

Israel Donates 5 Million Dollars To Support Biafra / Sanwo-olu Holds Umbrella For Himself & Ameachi -photo / Voters Registration: 5 SE States Vs 5 SW States (minus Lagos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.