Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,647 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman (1483 Views)

Wife Breaks Husband's Head For Complaining About Her Food (Graphic Photo) / I Won’t Share My Husband’s Manhood With Any Woman: Wife (pic) / Everyone In My Husband's Family Has Stopped Communicating With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by ukomko: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2016
A 38-year-old husband, Akinlabi Adeniyi, on Friday urged an Ado-Ekiti Customary Court to dissolve his 12-year-old marriage to his wife, Blessing, for alleged desertion and lack of care for the children. However, Blessing too accused her husband and his family members of disproving of their union as they won’t stop complaining that she is an Igbo woman.

Adeniyi, a resident of No. 8E, Orere Owu, Ado-Ekiti, said his wife had packed out of their home, saying she was tired of the marriage. The father of four, told the court that when Blessing got pregnant, his mother-in-law was against the union, because he was a Yoruba man. “When she delivered her baby, her mother came to burn the baby’s material which resulted into a fight between my mother-in-law and I.

“All the same, after the delivery of the third baby, I went to her village with my family to pay her dowry. “I, however, noticed that after the delivery of the last baby, her behaviour changed; she no longer stay in the house, but preferred her parents house,” he said.

He further claimed that his family went to plead with her parent to appeal to their daughter to come back home, but they told them Blessing had the final say. “The children are now living with their mother in her new husband’s house, but I want my children back because I am not happy with their welfare,” he said.

He, therefore, prayed the court to award him the custody of the children, Sefunmi, 13; Ayomide, 11; Oyindamola, eight; and Sunday, six. Blessing, 34, a resident of No. 5, Ajowa Str., Ado-Ekiti, did not deny that she had remarried. She told the court that when the pregnancy of their first child was two months, Adeniyi travelled and did not return until six months after.

“All through his journey, he did not bother to ask after my welfare, knowing my condition. “It was my mother who took care of me and settled my medical bills when he claimed he had no money. “After three weeks of giving birth, he stole my money and he ended up beating me when I challenged him.

“When my mother came to warn him, he held her clothe and broke her teeth; calling her a witch and being responsible for his inability to progress, in spite of the fact that he had not paid my dowry,” she said. Blessing also accused Adeniyi’s family of meddling into their affairs, saying they did not allow her to enjoy her marriage.

“They won’t stop complaining that I am an Igbo woman,” she said. She said she got to know through her children when they went for holiday with him that he had remarried. “Before, I remarried, I have been responsible for the feeding, welfare and education of the children.

She, therefore, prayed the court to award the custody of the children to her because her new husband had accepted them as his own children. On hearing both sides, the President of the court, Mrs Olayinka Akomolede, adjourned the case till Sept. 7 for further hearing.

http://biafrasay.com/p/322416/my-yoruba-husband-s-family-won-t-stop-complaining-that-am-an

1 Like

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by ukomko: 6:40pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by olawalepopoola: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
May be it is from the family you married from. Secondly, hope your attitude to your in-laws is IBOish. Yorubas don't usually complain about marriage except for infertility and disrespect! So watch yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by KevMitnick: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2016
Clash of cultures... You didn't know more about the tribe you were marrying into before you said I do. Now you are complaining.
Also they prolly had someone else in mind for their son but he disappointed them by sticking with you, don't expect them to change anytime soon. Sorry
Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by thorpido(m): 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
KevMitnick:
Clash of cultures... You didn't know more about the tribe you were marrying into before you said I do. Now you are complaining.
Also they prolly had someone else in mind for their son but he disappointed them by sticking with you, don't expect them to change anytime soon. Sorry
it had more to do with both of them not being responsible.
There are steps to laying a proper foundation for marriage,not just fvcking and getting pregnant.

The lady has remarried so the union is as good as dissolved.

3 Likes

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by DoTheNeedful: 7:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
The url says a lot about the story. While I dont have evidence to say the story is not true,that particular site has a political agenda but i will advise that it should stay out of love.
People get divorce everyday regardless of their tribe. Most divorce cases are even with people of the same tribe. The case of people having issues with their in-laws is not new too. It happens with people of the same tribe.
A Yoruba/Edo/Egbira marrying an Igbo man/woman has little to do with Biafra agitation;after all we see cases Nigerians marrying Ghanaians/Togolese/Tunisians and so on. Just let people be and let love be.
The rate of at which inter-tribal marriages is happening these days are overwhelming and some few people still living in the past are not comfortable with it. sad

1 Like

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Aug 12, 2016
thorpido:
it had more to do with both of them not being responsible.
There are steps to laying a proper foundation for marriage,not just fvcking and getting pregnant.

The lady has remarried so the union is as good as dissolved.
My dear, it's that kind of marriage they call 'poly bag marriage'. She got pregnant, moved in with her nylon bag and na so 'marriage' start.

Why are they in court if he didn't pay her brideprice?? She isn't married to him in the eyes of God and man undecided

1 Like

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by ukomko: 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2016
DoTheNeedful:
The url says a lot about the story. While I dont have evidence to say the story is not true,that particular site has a political agenda but i will advise that it should stay out of love.
People get divorce everyday regardless of their tribe. Most divorce cases are even with people of the same tribe. The case of people having issues with their in-laws is not new too. It happens with people of the same tribe.
A Yoruba/Edo/Egbira marrying an Igbo man/woman has little to do with Biafra agitation;after all we see cases Nigerians marrying Ghanaians/Togolese/Tunisians and so on. Just let people be and let love be.
The rate of at which inter-tribal marriages is happening these days are overwhelming and some few people still living in the past are not comfortable with it. sad

Stop insinuating what you don't know. Follow
http://biafrasay.com/p/322416/my-yoruba-husband-s-family-won-t-stop-complaining-that-am-an

You will the origin of the story.
Any story you see on http://biafrasay.com has a backing link.
If the backing link is questionable, then biafrasay forum team has no apologies
Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by Kakamorufu(m): 8:28pm On Aug 12, 2016
could be both of em at fault. Ts why i don't feel intertribal marriages that much
Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by George22016(m): 10:00pm On Aug 12, 2016
To say the truth a Igbo wife is better than a Yoruba wife

3 Likes

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by thorpido(m): 10:26pm On Aug 12, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear, it's that kind of marriage they call 'poly bag marriage'. She got pregnant, moved in with her nylon bag and na so 'marriage' start.

Why are they in court if he didn't pay her brideprice?? She isn't married to him in the eyes of God and man undecided
Abi o.Nylon bag marriage
Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by thorpido(m): 10:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
George22016:
To say the truth a Igbo wife is better than a Yoruba wife
What's your criteria?
If I may ask you,which one is better,Imo wife or Anambra wife?Enugu wife or Abia wife?

Kakamorufu:
could be both of em at fault. Ts why i don't feel intertribal marriages that much
The same way it is with this case is also how it happens with an Egba man and his Ibadan wife or the Ekiti man and his ijebu wife.
It's not so much about tribe but love,tolerance,patience,temperance and other virtues that make living together blissful.

1 Like

Re: My Yoruba Husband’s Family Won’t Stop Complaining That Am An Igbo Woman by Kakamorufu(m): 2:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
thorpido:
What's your criteria?
If I may ask you,which one is better,Imo wife or Anambra wife?Enugu wife or Abia wife?

The same way it is with this case is also how it happens with an Egba man and his Ibadan wife or the Ekiti man and his ijebu wife.
It's not so much about tribe but love,tolerance,patience,temperance and other virtues that make living together blissful.
at tyms, its more about tribe

(1) (Reply)

Couples, How Do You Handle Fart? / Single Mothers, How Do You Cope? / I Need Advice My Girlfriend Kick Me Out Of Her House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.