Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (49116 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
AcePilot:

It appears CSC has contacted some people yesterday according to discussions on the email thread of the interview by FSB, how abkout you?
Well I haven't heard anything from them yet.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Matrix07: 6:58pm On Apr 24, 2017
Hello guys, anything yet concerning commonwealth shared scholarship
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by dossylvanus(m): 11:16am On Apr 25, 2017
Matrix07:
Hello guys, anything yet concerning commonwealth shared scholarship

You should continously check your eas portal. Or you can join the Commonwealth shared scholarship 2017 applicants forum on the student room
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 9:29pm On Apr 25, 2017
biddie13:

Well I haven't heard anything from them yet.

Thank you for the info. Fingers crossed. I will let you know anything I hear from my own part. The information I received appears to be hearsay, it did not come from the alleged recipient but from a friend of the alleged recipient.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Kennybix(m): 12:56pm On Apr 26, 2017
EmanA1928:
Rather than bickering, i would suggest that all who applied and have yet to hear from the commonwealth look to other scholarships and awards.
Somethings you cant explain and the nomination process by the federal scholarship board is one of them.
Is there merit? Sure. Is there nepotism? Sure. Ultimately luck and God's grace counts.
I would wish the process could be refined so that folks dont have to travel great distances only to receive regret mails. It would definitely hurt given the money and time spent.
The commonwealth shared is currently on and a great number of courses are supported. I went via the fsb route and was unsuccessful receiving the regret mail .
However i got the commonwealth shared scholarship for my msc and returned late 2015.
A regret mail isnt the end. If you are good and competitive, you ll find opportunities.

Does a nomination guarantees that you'll get the scholarship?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by peterayoola7: 4:48pm On Apr 26, 2017
Please anyone nominated for University of Liverpool for Commonwealth SHARED 2017?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by olenime(m): 11:14am On Apr 28, 2017
got a mail of rejection yday from CSS yday for the 3 schools i applied.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by BRAINNY(m): 2:54pm On Apr 29, 2017
It's obvious that those who applied for the Shared scholarship have known their fate going by the last post. Pls, has Commonwealth contacted any of those nominated by FSB or other nominating agencies?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by BRAINNY(m): 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2017
Kennybix:

[color=#990000][/color]

No. It puts you in the same pool with other nominees from the different nominating agencies. However, once nominated your chances of becoming a potential awardee are high.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by BRAINNY(m): 3:03pm On Apr 29, 2017
[quote author=Kennybix post=55934045]

No. It puts you in the same pool with other nominees from the different nominating agencies. However, once nominated your chances of becoming a potential awardee are high.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 8:15pm On May 01, 2017
BRAINNY:
It's obvious that those who applied for the Shared scholarship have known their fate going by the last post. Pls, has Commonwealth contacted any of those nominated by FSB or other nominationg agencies?
I was nominated and I still haven't heard anything from CSC. At least they would send me a rejection email if I'm not choosen
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chigojude: 8:47pm On May 01, 2017
biddie13:

I was nominated and I still haven't heard anything from CSC. At least they would send me a rejection email if I'm not choosen
hi biddie, I ll suggest you email the CSC inquiring on the timeline for alerting those nominated. they will usually reply you.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AcePilot: 10:11pm On May 01, 2017
biddie13:

May be you should also check your spam folder
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by biddie13: 4:04pm On May 03, 2017
Chigojude:

hi biddie, I ll suggest you email the CSC inquiring on the timeline for alerting those nominated. they will usually reply you.
Thank you I did email and I got the below response:

Results are currently in the process of being released, we hope to be able to inform candidates of the results in the coming weeks. Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind Regards,

Commonwealth Scholarship Commission

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by BRAINNY(m): 5:08pm On May 17, 2017
biddie13:

Results are currently in the process of being released, we hope to be able to inform candidates of the results in the coming weeks. Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind Regards,

Biddie13, any response yet?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Zino3pleX: 2:01am On May 27, 2017
BRAINNY:

Biddie13, any response yet?

Biddie13, have you heard from them?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by LaExpert: 3:30pm On May 28, 2017
biddie13:

Thank you. Yes I applied for a PhD and yes I have benefited from other scholarships and awards for both my undergraduate and postgraduate programme. I graduated with a first class and a distinction for my both degrees and have published papers. Also i have done some volunteering services for some few NGOs which counted for my social services. I have also some professional qualifications to my CV.
May I also note that my interview went very well, in fact one of the panellist congratulated me before I left. I hope all these is enough to clarify to you guys that FSB nominated based on pure merit.

Hi, I'll like to speak with you. I have a long list of questions to ask as regards the scholarship and a few other things I want to be clear on. I hope you won't mind a pm.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by greatestman(m): 11:29am On Jun 10, 2017
biddie13:

Kind Regards,

Is your application still showing on the EAS portal uptill now?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by yemmy75(m): 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2017
1. Was anyone able to attend the interview without an NYSC discharge certificate? Cos I wouldn't have finished my NYSC by the time this year's application comes out.
2. For the Shared scholarship, is it limited to those few courses listed under each university on their website, or can we apply for any course in any of the approved universities in the prospectus?
3. Does anyone have any useful information about any good foreign scholarship for masters in the UK (or anywhere else), either ongoing or currently closed?

Cc: Pushas, ElejoA, Surddy, Khattab008, EmanA1928
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 23, 2017
yemmy75:
1. Was anyone able to attend the interview without an NYSC discharge certificate? Cos I wouldn't have finished my NYSC by the time this year's application comes out.
2. For the Shared scholarship, is it limited to those few courses listed under each university on their website, or can we apply for any course in any of the approved universities in the prospectus?
3. Does anyone have any useful information about any good foreign scholarship for masters in the UK (or anywhere else), either ongoing or currently closed?

Cc: Pushas, ElejoA, Surddy, Khattab008, EmanA1928
1) Officially, you won't be interviewed without the NYSC discharge certificate or you might not be nominated but this is Nigeria if you are connected you can try your luck.
2) For the Shared scholarship, you can apply to as many courses as you want but you can only accept one scholarship offer.
3)Use Google, Commonwealth, Chevening,NPF, DAAD. I think Helmut-Schimdt and Schwarzman is currently going on and a host of others.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by yemmy75(m): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2017
Pushas:

1) Officially, you won't be interviewed without the NYSC discharge certificate or you might not be nominated but this is Nigeria if you are connected you can try your luck.
2) For the Shared scholarship, you can apply to as many courses as you want but you can only accept one scholarship offer.
3)Use Google, Commonwealth, Chevening,NPF, DAAD. I think Helmut-Schimdt and Schwarzman is currently going on and a host of others.
Thanks boss.... Really grateful

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Makpenen(m): 8:23am On Jul 05, 2017
Who know anything concerning CommonWealth scholarship in developing countries?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by heo88(m): 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2017
Makpenen:
Who know anything concerning CommonWealth scholarship in developing countries?

I do. This post relates to a commonwealth scholarship for students from (including descent) commonwealth countries such as Nigeria, Pakistan, Jamaica etc.

I went for an interview back in 2015 for the 2016 academic year. I came from London because they insisted they wanted to see me, incurred N600k in necessary transport/accommodation fees, and was waved away before having the interview due to not having done the NYSC. Before anyone is quick to say I should have known, the NYSC requirement is not a commonwealth requirement, nor is it something that the Nigerian National board in Abuja communicated to me; it was only whilst on ground that they said to me that it is arbitrarily imposed so they can reduce numbers.

Furthermore, should you or anyone else make this application, just keep in mind that the Nigerian administrators responsible for distributing the funds will pull the regular shady moves: diverting the funds for personal use and claiming the commonwealth have delayed the necessary transfers; delaying the funds so that Nigerian students studying abroad go hungry and may face issues with their university for the non-payment of fees; or lastly they'll put your through (on merit or otherwise) and ask you to settle them every month as their 'side'-hustle gig, with the implied threat that they'll make trouble for you should you not comply.

CC. Zehner

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by focus1256: 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
Hello guys,
please is there any fellow on this platform who has won Commonwealth shared scholarship....
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by yemmy75(m): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2017
Daninya11:
I would love to share my experience.

I actually participated in the commonwealth interview in which I fared well but I eventually got the regret mail.

For you to be accredited, you must have the following

1.Your Original degree (M. Sc) applicants and both Original degree and M. Sc degree (PhD) applicants.
2.Academic transcript
3.Medical certificate of fitness from a federal teaching hospital or state hospital
4.Original O'level result be it NECO Or Waec
5.EAS print outs ( 4 copies)
6.N.Y.S.C discharge certificate
7.State of Origin Certificate
8.Admission letter from any U. K University.

Out of these 8, if you can't present 4 or 5,you won't be accredited which implies that you won't be interviewed.

Last year interview was tedious and unorganized. Present yourself at the accreditation Centre very early and write your name before you will be given a tag with a number which will determine when you will be interviewed.

The interview will take play at Nanets Suites. Please endeavor to write your name as that will determine when you will face a panel of 3 professors.
You will be asked questions as follows but it doesn't follow any pattern.
1.describe yourself or can we meet you?.
2.Where do you hail from?
3.What's your course of study and what did you graduate with
4.What's your research topic and how will it develop Nigeria

You should be up to date with political, socio-economic and religious happening in Nigeria
You should be able to say one or two things about Commonwealth ie date of creation member countries etc.
You should know names of political figure head in Nigeria ie full names of Mr President, V.P ,governors etc
You should know states and capital etc.

I actually fared well in the interview last year but I had some shortcomings
1.I didn't go with my academic transcript
2.I didn't have an offer of admission from any U. K University
3.I didn't go with evidence of publication and awards.
Mehn, all the supervisors gave me Zero in those columns.

To be honest with you guys, If you have all these intact, your chances is high as you would have to fight off other candidates from your state. I reiterate that If you have a First class you are sports on. I am saying these based on personal experience. Three of the guys I became friends with who were first class graduates got the scholarship.

I noticed some anomalies in the whole process. There was corruption on a grand scale as supervisors were seen collecting telephone numbers of aspirants. But I don't take excuses for my failures. Yeah I was denied a first class in my university days but I won't let that deter me from achieving my goals and aspirations in life.

I couldn't apply this year because I am yet to get a copy of my transcripts and I am yet to be offered an admission into a U. K University. I am yet to publish my work in a journal. Hopefully I will apply next year when I have these in place. There are no mistakes in life but lessons.
My friends got the commonwealth based on merit and the GRACE OF GOD.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN THIS YEAR'S COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW.
I PRAY THAT THE MERCY, GRACE, LOVE AND MERCY OF GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.
Do you peraonally know of anybody that was interviewed without NYSC discharge certificate, please?
I am currently serving and will finish by next year
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by yemmy75(m): 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2017
donasere:

I pray it has oo... if it hasn't then it's gotta be dose panel 3 guys who are yet to do dias...

Tips for next batch...? What can I say... finish with a 2.1 have ur nysc certificate and erm...know ur current affairs... also try to get ur medical report immediately you submit ur application.
Finally stay positive.
Did you peraonally know of anyone that was interviewed without NYSC discharge certificate please? I'm due to finish service next year
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by donasere(m): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
yemmy75:

Did you peraonally know of anyone that was interviewed without NYSC discharge certificate please? I'm due to finish service next year

You're going nowhere without an msc certificate man.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by yemmy75(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2017
donasere:

You're going nowhere without an msc certificate man.
Chai...

Lemme wait for Commonwealth shared then. I think I can apply for that one, right?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by donasere(m): 12:48am On Nov 07, 2017
yemmy75:

Chai...

Lemme wait for Commonwealth shared then. I think I can apply for that one, right?

I don't have any info on this.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by kofoironic: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2017
Hello everybody, Is application for commonwealth scholarship for 2018/2019 session closed?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by yemmy75(m): 1:53pm On Nov 09, 2017
kofoironic:
Hello everybody, Is application for commonwealth scholarship for 2018/2019 session closed?
Not yet open

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Vacancy For Administrative Assistant At US Embassy, Nigeria (₦2,111,000 Monthly) / Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Programme 2021 – Full Time / Want To Work From Home? Dailyposts UK Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.