Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk (49146 Views)

Apply for 2018 MSc and PhD Commonwealth Scholarship In The UK / 2017 NDDC Foreign Msc And PhD Scholarship / Apply For 2016 AGIP Oil And Gas Msc Foreign And Local Scholarship For Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by onlyme07(m): 8:35am On Dec 12, 2017
Daninya11:
I would love to share my experience.

I actually participated in the commonwealth interview in which I fared well but I eventually got the regret mail.

For you to be accredited, you must have the following

1.Your Original degree (M. Sc) applicants and both Original degree and M. Sc degree (PhD) applicants.
2.Academic transcript
3.Medical certificate of fitness from a federal teaching hospital or state hospital
4.Original O'level result be it NECO Or Waec
5.EAS print outs ( 4 copies)
6.N.Y.S.C discharge certificate
7.State of Origin Certificate
8.Admission letter from any U. K University.

Out of these 8, if you can't present 4 or 5,you won't be accredited which implies that you won't be interviewed.

Last year interview was tedious and unorganized. Present yourself at the accreditation Centre very early and write your name before you will be given a tag with a number which will determine when you will be interviewed.

The interview will take play at Nanets Suites. Please endeavor to write your name as that will determine when you will face a panel of 3 professors.
You will be asked questions as follows but it doesn't follow any pattern.
1.describe yourself or can we meet you?.
2.Where do you hail from?
3.What's your course of study and what did you graduate with
4.What's your research topic and how will it develop Nigeria

You should be up to date with political, socio-economic and religious happening in Nigeria
You should be able to say one or two things about Commonwealth ie date of creation member countries etc.
You should know names of political figure head in Nigeria ie full names of Mr President, V.P ,governors etc
You should know states and capital etc.

I actually fared well in the interview last year but I had some shortcomings
1.I didn't go with my academic transcript
2.I didn't have an offer of admission from any U. K University
3.I didn't go with evidence of publication and awards.
Mehn, all the supervisors gave me Zero in those columns.

To be honest with you guys, If you have all these intact, your chances is high as you would have to fight off other candidates from your state. I reiterate that If you have a First class you are sports on. I am saying these based on personal experience. Three of the guys I became friends with who were first class graduates got the scholarship.

I noticed some anomalies in the whole process. There was corruption on a grand scale as supervisors were seen collecting telephone numbers of aspirants. But I don't take excuses for my failures. Yeah I was denied a first class in my university days but I won't let that deter me from achieving my goals and aspirations in life.

I couldn't apply this year because I am yet to get a copy of my transcripts and I am yet to be offered an admission into a U. K University. I am yet to publish my work in a journal. Hopefully I will apply next year when I have these in place. There are no mistakes in life but lessons.
My friends got the commonwealth based on merit and the GRACE OF GOD.

I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IN THIS YEAR'S COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP INTERVIEW.
I PRAY THAT THE MERCY, GRACE, LOVE AND MERCY OF GOD WILL SEE YOU THROUGH.

Thanks for this piece bro. The form for this year is out and hope you can be my guide in the process. #follow
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Sunnystooth(m): 8:56am On Dec 12, 2017
onlyme07:

Thanks for this piece bro. The form for this year is out and hope you can be my guide in the process. #follow
Hello,
please do you know if this Commonwealth scholarship is only for Research-based MSc, or can Taught-MSc applicants eligible to apply?
Considering that these set of people would lack all those publications and stuffs.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by onlyme07(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2017
Sunnystooth:

Hello,
please do you know if this Commonwealth scholarship is only for Research-based MSc, or can Taught-MSc applicants eligible to apply?
Considering that these set of people would lack all those publications and stuffs.
While registering,you can choose taught. It's available bro.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by DMainMan: 10:25am On Dec 12, 2017
APPLY FOR 2018 MSC AND PHD COMMONWEALTH SCHOLARSHIP IN THE UK
https://www.nairaland.com/4228475/apply-2018-msc-phd-commonwealth#63200618
Application Deadline: 22nd February 2018
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Sunnystooth(m): 11:27am On Dec 12, 2017
onlyme07:
While registering,you can choose taught. It's available bro.
Okk, thanks... Will check it out.
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by tizentos: 3:05am On Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone,

I am registering for 2018 Commonwealth scholarship,are we allowed to choose other nominating agency apart from FSB, because I saw universities. Please advise. Thanks
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by chaiks: 5:33pm On Jan 04, 2018
please can a strong 2:1 grad win this Commonwealth scholarship in a course like peace and conflict studies?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Ruthese: 4:59pm On Jan 06, 2018
Please can u share ur contact with me by sending it to my email address... Ogidiruth@gmail.com...quote author=onlyme07 post=63205985]

Thanks for this piece bro. The form for this year is out and hope you can be my guide in the process. #follow[/quote]
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Femillionz(m): 5:05pm On Jan 06, 2018
25 most difficult questions to be prepared for on a job interview

Some ways have been proven to always win the heart of your interviewers

So, you are one of those who want to build a career and has several interviews to face in the coming months till you bag the best offer. Straightly, I will pour it out that the interview session is more than just questions and answers as we all know and the importance of equipping yourself before every interview no matter how much you know cannot be over emphasized.

RIDE WITH ME

http://jobintelng.com/2018/01/25-most-difficult-questions-to-be-prepared-for-on-a-job-interview/
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by oophemi: 7:46pm On Jan 21, 2018
Please what do you advise me to do concerning the Nominating Agency? I finish from OAU but not sure how to get current VC email and others.
Should I just choose Nigeria Federal scholarship board? Please reply. Its for application for 2018/2019.
oophemi@gmail.com
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by AGManuel: 12:17pm On Jan 22, 2018
Can someone with a 2:2 (3.10) in History and International Studies apply?
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Chayil18: 10:10am On Mar 02, 2018
Please can i get the contact?

valoskey:
My friend told me about the aplication but never finished because he got tired of the whole show. Another friend of mine who informed me about the email eventually wasnt elgible due to his CGPA and admission letter. Finally, I did my fitness report in LASUTH today for 3k. Really looking forward to the intervie. Wishing everyone all the best!!!

Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Sprinkles44: 6:53pm On Dec 21, 2018
Please what Tests should I run for the medical fitness
Also, how much is the test and which hospital should I use
Re: Apply For 2017 Msc And Phd Commonwealth Scholarship In The Uk by Nobody: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2019

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Vacancy For Administrative Assistant At US Embassy, Nigeria (₦2,111,000 Monthly) / Lafarge Africa Graduate Trainee Programme 2021 – Full Time / Want To Work From Home? Dailyposts UK Is Recruiting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.