Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,548 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee (38226 Views)

Your Retirement Is Secured With 50% Discount On Queen's Court @ 5m / Buying A Property Is One Of The Best Ways To Prepare For Old Age Or Retirement. / World’s Top 24 Retirement Destinations Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by masties2(f): 9:33am On Sep 23, 2016
Welldone op. God bless the work of your hands. May you live and enjoy your new home. I pray to achieve such a feat. In this life I must build a house of my own.
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by mamajaz(f): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Solitin40:

Sand filling na.It's a type of sand

OP please search the pic of the Kitchen and dinning doors you were talking about
Sola, where did you write your exams?
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by spako4(m): 9:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 9:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Thanks for the Flowers everybody
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by LANREFORWA: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2016
SECURITY ISSUE. Good workmanship, nice work, but for security sake if u don't mind I suggest u have critical look of the building from the entrance porch, if you have not put your ceiling u will easily see there is a huge gap from the final wall on your entrance door wall and the wooden rafters, it is a very big space that can serve as access, God forbid into the building from the entrance foyer although one u put the ceiling it seams blocked but the ceiling is too tender, be it pop, pvc, asbestos or whatever. That gap is common at entrance porch, foyer,balconies kitchen terrace and make the building not completely sealed, very good Architect would detail it out in their working drawings to solve such problems. I visit sites and always advise the builder to build up the place with extra blocks to block it up. I was surprised the day I received call from someone thanking me that same place I told him to seal up is where some idiot used to enter his neighbour building after taking out the ceiling. It is an advise and can easily be detected before putting your ceiling,you have spent a fortune, that extra work cost a little extra, protect your investment. That is a very good advantage of bringing your building project to nairaland.

8 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2016
alberto2k:
Hello Sir, have u gotten your Bathroom accessories yet? W/Cs and et all?
I will be bringing everything down from my Base i don't really like the naija own

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2016
LANREFORWA:
SECURITY ISSUE. Good workmanship, nice work, but for security sake if u don't mind I suggest u have critical look of the building from the entrance porch, if you have not put your ceiling u will easily see there is a huge gap from the final wall on your entrance door wall and the wooden rafters, it is a very big space that can serve as access, God forbid into the building from the entrance foyer although one u put the ceiling it seams blocked but the ceiling is too tender, be it pop, pvc, asbestos or whatever. That gap is common at entrance porch, foyer,balconies kitchen terrace and make the building not completely sealed, very good Architect would detail it out in their working drawings to solve such problems. I visit sites and always advise the builder to build up the place with extra blocks to block it up. I was surprised the day I received call from someone thanking me that same place I told him to seal up is where some idiot used to enter his neighbour building after taking out the ceiling. It is an advise and can easily be detected before putting your ceiling,you have spent a fortune, that extra work cost a little extra, protect your investment. That is a very good advantage of bringing your building project to nairaland.
We did a Y14 matt on the foyer

2 Likes

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2016
foyer matt

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 9:59am On Sep 23, 2016
ever811:
I observe and wanted to comment about it b4. I saw your comment..the projected singular partitions on the left side elevation needed at least two columns, considering the weight of the concrete facial. it would have been more structural proper if he had introduce at least columns on the for angles of the building. but nevertheless I hope the blocks and binding materials are strong enough...
If u follow from the Begininng you will notice how deep the foundation was secondly the Blocks were 9 inch Vibrated blocks all through. The German floor consumed nothing less than 127bags of cement with all aggregates i did the concrete fescia carried double beam and i asked a renowed Engineer both in naija and in my base they even said it was an overbuild
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by twinskenny(m): 10:03am On Sep 23, 2016
masties2:
Welldone op. God bless the work of your hands. May you live and enjoy your new home. I pray to achieve such a feat. In this life I must build a house of my own.

Amen
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by Chukazu: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2016
wow! this is amazing and inspiring.love the quality of work done.. some landlord s in Lagos wil use same amount of money to build "10 face-me I face -you"
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 10:09am On Sep 23, 2016
Stelvin101:
Wow!!!! Op abeg when u finish and you wan launch am, please just tell me the total cost of building it so that I can invite you to build mine. I am dead serious
Always willing and ready to Help, just Holler
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by Qc1(m): 10:15am On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:
Thanks for the Flowers everybody

Nice one! Very good job but.......

How I wish you go with muyesky doors instead of those imported ones from Turkey, you will never regret it. I'm only talking from security aspect. Those are one of the finest and most secure doors I've ever seen in my entire life! And yes I've seen a lot of doors in Home deport, Reno deport, Ikea...etc.

Please kindly look into this. I believe it's only God that is security wise guarantee but heaven helps those who help themselves.

Well done though!

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 10:21am On Sep 23, 2016
BENARI:
This is a masterpiece of a building.
Well done!

If it please you, I would love to see the plan of this building particularly the floor.

Warm regards.
Send me a pm and i will send you the floor plan ( Thou it was modified a little)
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 10:24am On Sep 23, 2016
Qc1:

Nice one! Very good job but.......

How I wish you go with muyesky doors instead of those imported ones from Turkey, you will never regret it. I'm only talking from security aspect. Those are one of the finest and most secure doors I've ever seen in my entire life! And yes I've seen a lot of doors in Home deport, Reno deport, Ikea...etc.

Please kindly look into this. I believe it's only God that is security wise guarantee but heaven helps those who help themselves.

Well done though!

QC it is only for the Asthetics like you rightly deduced it is only God that can Guarantee Security Not dissing Muyersky thou i even wanted to get in touch with him for something else.
And has the problem for the QC build solved?
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 10:26am On Sep 23, 2016
bplenty:
@desiji

Thanks again. I didnt even think someone would follow my budget retirement home at all. All I did was just post it all on line as all I learnt was from here. Your project is definitely eye catching plus you have a developedeal location too. Good on ya mate.
We Disporean need to encourage and carry each other along

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by Qc1(m): 10:28am On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:

QC it is only for the Asthetics like you rightly deduced it is only God that can Guarantee Security Not dissing Muyersky thou i even wanted to get in touch with him for something else.
And has the problem for the QC build solved?

I'm just waiting for the raining season to go away to do the landscaping and drainage that's mush needed to solve the issues.

BTW... for what it's worth, it's very smart to go for this beautiful bungalow of yours rather then going too extravagant on a big mason. I wish had know better! Diaspora take note.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 10:30am On Sep 23, 2016
tripoli007:
@OP that's a whole Lotta money that has gone down in this project and may the almighty God in his infinite mercies continue to guide and replenish your finances ..you will move into this house healthy and hearty ..OP don't forget to invite us for the house warming ohhh : grin grin grin grin
Amen and you are already on the invitee list

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 10:38am On Sep 23, 2016
9inches:

I guess it's a VRF Ac system with inverter. One outdoor can support multiple indoor units. It saves you energy as well.
Exact and also energy saving too
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by Dianeetdiana(f): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2016
This is really inspiring. Nice Job. May God continue to bless you and also give us the grace to build our own smiley

God please i need Your help!!!
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by godquality: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:
xc

Long time reader first post.
Bro am really impress with this your building. But I can't help but notice how cheap your blocks and cements are. I've just finish the decking of the first floor for my building and now mm being charged #230 for a 6" block and 2250 for a bag of cement here in Lagos. And the calculation says I'll need 4000 blocks and 70 bags of cements. But since am not physically in Nigeria I can't vet these prices. Am I being paranoid?
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by ever811(m): 11:14am On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:

If u follow from the Begininng you will notice how deep the foundation was secondly the Blocks were 9 inch Vibrated blocks all through. The German floor consumed nothing less than 127bags of cement with all aggregates i did the concrete fescia carried double beam and i asked a renowed Engineer both in naija and in my base they even said it was an overbuild
yeah..I saw the 9inch blocks,its impressive but I mentioned the strength of the blocks not the size..but I believe with your level of exposure, you will definitely be mindful of the strength of the blocks.. so no course for alarm..I pray the good lord see you trough out the project and good health to enjoy the fruit of your labor..its not easy my brother but you hv conquered already.. good luck bro..

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by JayJayGee: 11:21am On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:
Surface piping was done
Please what is surface piping... Coz google is not giving me a good answer
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2016
godquality:

Long time reader first post.
Bro am really impress with this your building. But I can't help but notice how cheap your blocks and cements are. I've just finish the decking of the first floor for my building and now mm being charged #230 for a 6" block and 2250 for a bag of cement here in Lagos. And the calculation says I'll need 4000 blocks and 70 bags of cements. But since am not physically in Nigeria I can't vet these prices. Am I being paranoid?
No you are not been cheated by palstering i paid at the biginning 1600 for cement and 330 for 6 inches Block
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2016
JayJayGee:

Please what is surface piping... Coz google is not giving me a good answer
To avoid extreme breaking of blocks b4 plastering so to save the tensil strength of the blocks that is why we used surface piping for the Toilets and electricity

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 11:46am On Sep 23, 2016
ever811:
yeah..I saw the 9inch blocks,its impressive but I mentioned the strength of the blocks not the size..but I believe with your level of exposure, you will definitely be mindful of the strength of the blocks.. so no course for alarm..I pray the good lord see you trough out the project and good health to enjoy the fruit of your labor..its not easy my brother but you hv conquered already.. good luck bro..
Thanks we actually really test the Strength i was really concernced, that is why i asked an Engineer back at my base he told what to do and that was why no pillars were implemented, He even said it was an overbuild
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by Mushood: 11:48am On Sep 23, 2016
ever811:
I observe and wanted to comment about it b4. I saw your comment..the projected singular partitions on the left side elevation needed at least two columns, considering the weight of the concrete facial. it would have been more structural proper if he had introduce at least columns on the for angles of the building. but nevertheless I hope the blocks and binding materials are strong enough...

Introducing columns to the building peripheral will only incur more cost than the intending structural support to d roof, considering the fact that all the internal walls also shared part of the roof load, so minimal roof load was been transferred to the building perimeter. The point am trying to make is dat not the "[b][/b]facial concrete" dat bears the roof load, as d case applied.
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by Mushood: 11:54am On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:
Thanks we actually really test the Strength i was really concernced, that is why i asked an Engineer back at my base he told what to do and that was why no pillars were implemented, He even said it was an overbuild
Nice one I must say, merely looking at the pictures shows quality were not compromised which will make it more durable. Congrat OP, more power to ur elbow
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by olads56(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2016
If you need expertise on Electric Fence, CCTV, Fire Alarm, Dstv cabling and components. Kindly contact this number for our services... 07015159086
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 11:56am On Sep 23, 2016
Mushood:

Introducing columns to the building peripheral will only incur more cost than the intending structural support to d roof, considering the fact that all the internal walls also shared part of the roof load, so minimal roof load was been transferred to the building perimeter. The point am trying to make is dat not the "[b][/b]facial concrete" dat bears the roof load, as d case applied.
Really on Point and you must remember the fescia had a double beam. We used more than 90 tonnes of Granite with 30 Tonnes Stonedust on the Build
Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by desiji: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
olads56:
If you need expertise on Electric Fence, CCTV, Fire Alarm, Dstv cabling and components. Kindly contact this number for our services... 07015159086
Satellite Cabling is going to be a showcase because i will be introducing new things which i have not met on Nairaland yet, it is going to be something different

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Retirement Home Mastering The Odyssee by iknowwhoiam: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
desiji:
The Dream home

Bros, I beg, I fit get your building plan?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

AMCON Seizes Multimillion Naira Properties In Owerri (Photos) / 12 Mtr DEEP& 6Mtrs DEEP PILLING BY MOORE / Re: 10 Most Beautiful Buildings In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.