Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (675365 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2016
lionlee216:
Hello, Abeg does turkish airline accept one way for students?

Are there airlines that don't accept 1 way tickets?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 02, 2016
Fortissimo502:

Are there airlines that don't accept 1 way tickets?
MS man
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 12:23am On Oct 02, 2016
Reference from Nigeria USA visa website the visa fees for f 1 student in naira is 53600 naira.the value was gotten my multiplying the visa fees in dollar which is 160 by the consular exchange rate which is 335.this exchange will be expired by 04/10/2016 according to the website.my question is whether the consulate exchange rate of 335 is based on black market rate or CBN rate?because I think if it based on CBN rate the fees in naira might actually reduce but if it is based on black market rate na gobe be that ooooo.I actually want to know if I can pay it now before 04/10 or wait till after 04/10

Cc lagosismyhone , walspring, Christian and other gurus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Teekay2408(m): 12:46am On Oct 02, 2016
somebody should help me how to pass my GRE it's coming up by Nov I love u nairaland family God bless u all help a brother,am writing paper based test
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Fortissimo502: 12:51am On Oct 02, 2016
slimmy2005:
MS man

Biggest bosssssss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by pcbo: 1:19am On Oct 02, 2016
@ Slimmy
Hey bro ,hope you're doing great? Lost your number.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 1:23am On Oct 02, 2016
kenniez26:
Reference from Nigeria USA visa website the visa fees for f 1 student in naira is 53600 naira.the value was gotten my multiplying the visa fees in dollar which is 160 by the consular exchange rate which is 335.this exchange will be expired by 04/10/2016 according to the website.my question is whether the consulate exchange rate of 335 is based on black market rate or CBN rate?because I think if it based on CBN rate the fees in naira might actually reduce but if it is based on black market rate na gobe be that ooooo.I actually want to know if I can pay it now before 04/10 or wait till after 04/10
Hey,
you can pay now. Your visa fee is valid for a year provided you have not gone to the embassy for the interview.
I hope this helped?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 1:23am On Oct 02, 2016
Fortissimo502:

Biggest bosssssss!
Mentor grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:57am On Oct 02, 2016
kenniez26:

If d exchange rate has been going down sometimes then u can say maybe take the risk and see what it becomes after 04 ....but all the dollar has been going is up up up not down agains the naira so it more likely either it stays the same or go up ..... not likely going down not for now . How u decide is your choice to make ooo .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:03am On Oct 02, 2016
Shakitibob0:
Please who has paid school fees with FORM A of recent?

Is it still possible paying via that medium?
yes. I paid my balance precisely on lastThursday. My people used 1st bank, rate was 338/dollar. you might want to try but be ready to wait for a long time. I tried in August, waited for 3weeks no head way, I had to cancel and look for other means but lukily it worked this 2nd time

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 02, 2016
I dont know who this might help but i am certain it will save someone money. Please always ask questions if you can have an alternative to something. I just thought of my health insurance now and i feel like i wasted money. i remember when i was coming here and i realized i have to pay health insurance of about $1111/semester,i was worried..i started asking questions if i could enrol in other health insurance apart from the school's own which is expensive. The answer was yes provided it meets the school health insurance requirement, which you can always find on your school website. I got info of one that meets most school's requirement and it goes for $301/semester. A Nigeria in my dept who paid the $1111/semester has just been lamenting since he knew. Its still paining me sef that i paid $301 for an insurance i will end up not using,if you dont fall sick or something..its as good as dashing someone money, i feel like i dashed someone free money. So Please ignorance is not an excuse. Always inquire. if you are the otedolas or dangotes, this information is not for you, you have alot of money to waste around. The echange rate doest even give room for wastage right now, you need to plan and be economical with money. Guess After this semester i have a story to tell. May God help us all. Cheers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 5:20am On Oct 02, 2016
femi321:
I dont know who this might help but i am certain it will save someone money. Please always ask questions if you can have an alternative to something. I just thought of my health insurance now and i feel like i wasted money. i remember when i was coming here and i realized i have to pay health insurance of about $1111/semester,i was worried..i started asking questions if i could enrol in other health insurance apart from the school's own which is expensive. The answer was yes provided it meets the school health insurance requirement, which you can always find on your school website. I got info of one that meets most school's requirement and it goes for $301/semester. A Nigeria in my dept who paid the $1111/semester has just been lamenting since he knew. Its still paining me sef that i paid $301 for an insurance i will end up not using,if you dont fall sick or something..its as good as dashing someone money, i feel like i dashed someone free money. So Please ignorance is not an excuse. Always inquire. if you are the otedolas or dangotes, this information is not for you, you have alot of money to waste around. The echange rate doest even give room for wastage right now, you need to plan and be economical with money. Guess After this semester i have a story to tell. May God help us all. Cheers
Nice one bro.
I paid $140 for this semester grin grin grin
Life is easier when we ask questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 6:30am On Oct 02, 2016
Good morning folks, i wanna know if there is any class i will be able attend for SAT tutor in lagos, although B.Y mafit are doing great job.i wanna really make high score
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kenniez26: 7:03am On Oct 02, 2016
Thanks lagosismyhone and oludare01
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:12am On Oct 02, 2016
kenniez26:
Thanks lagosismyhone and oludare01
Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by vickyehi: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2016
Pls I want to know if it is possible for one to be in the US for a scientific programme and then the timing of this programme falls when that individual has a professional exam scheduled in the US and decides to sit for said exam. If he or she passes that professional exam can one seek for employment with the visa that was granted to attend the scientific programme?

Pls I need ans urgently.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AJANIEmmanuel78(m): 12:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Good afternoon folks, i wanna know if there is any class i will be able attend for SAT tutor in lagos, although B.Y mafit are doing great job.i wanna really make high scores....pls any info i will really appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 2:28pm On Oct 02, 2016
happy new month fam, i rewrote my GRE today and i had 320. i am happy to be back.

15 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ferdinad: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2016
To the gurus in the house. Am humbly loyal. ItsIt's my first time here.
have been following the trend for days now.
Am expecting admission decision from University of Bridgeport and murray State University.
I need help as i posted in my finicaial statement that my Dad is a business man cuz he has a business registered but also a special assistant to state government.
On filling my Ds-160 what do i state as my sponsors occupation to avoid any red flag.
Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
kenniez26:

You can go ahead and pay now and with the way I am seeing this it will go up because few years ago same thing was posted on their site and it rises from 26400 to 31200 to 48000 and now 53600..

With this I guess dollars will still reach 700 naira before the end of this year..

Anyway if you have faith that it will come down and they will use CBN rate then wait but with the new and useless CBN policy it won't come down since CBN gave banks order to source for dollars and put their own rate on it..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 02, 2016
motifoluwasolami:
happy new month fam, i rewrote my GRE today and i had 320. i am happy to be back.
wooooooooooooooooow. Congratulation dear. So happy for you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 02, 2016
OluDare01:

Nice one bro.
I paid $140 for this semester grin grin grin
Life is easier when we ask questions.
Thats very cheap. Saw something lie that but it didnt meet my school requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2016
LagosismyHome:

If d exchange rate has been going down sometimes then u can say maybe take the risk and see what it becomes after 04 ....but all the dollar has been going is up up up not down agains the naira so it more likely either it stays the same or go up ..... not likely going down not for now . How u decide is your choice to make ooo .

I don't think it will come down after 4th of this month and a new date will be put on the site when the new rate will expire..

But I find it hard to understand why they keep putting date when the rate with expire anytime a new rate is given and not using CBN rate?

Is like US embassy on their own doesn't want their dollars to come down in Nigeria at all. gringringrin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
That is awesome babe.
This will definitely boost your profile.
Hope you get very good offers next Fall.
motifoluwasolami:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by christobam01: 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2016
Guys I'm about to apply to Lee university with an high SAT score and excellent WAEC result which means I qualify for full scholarship.The problem I have is this,it is stated on their website that I send my financial documents which is really a problem given that my dad's bank account ain't buoyant and I can't ask my aunt for her bank statement until I get d admission.
I know a lot of u guys weren't buoyant financially in Nigeria while applying for admission so ow did u escape d financial statement palaver.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 4:52pm On Oct 02, 2016
sirRiddy:
That is awesome babe. This will definitely boost your profile. Hope you get very good offers next Fall.
Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2016
femi321:
wooooooooooooooooow. Congratulation dear. So happy for you
thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 5:26pm On Oct 02, 2016
I don't have a credit card to make this payment. How much are you going to charge me per dollar if you wanna help me pay for the exam. I look forward to seeing your reply.

Walspring:

Okay I can be of help but as for the discount I don't have power on that..

You can go to their website and possibly pay for yourself www.ets.org/gre
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2016
Please, can you share with me the materials you use in preparing for this exam. Is there any word list you made during your preparation?. If yes, send that one too with me. Here is my email ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com. Thanks

motifoluwasolami:

Thank you so much
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tayhor1234(f): 7:58pm On Oct 02, 2016
elbeee:
Please I need to list of schools with high admission rate for MBA spring admission 2017. I have already applied to three schools. On application has been denied. So demoralised sad

Check Prairie View University.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
christobam01:
Guys I'm about to apply to Lee university with an high SAT score and excellent WAEC result which means I qualify for full scholarship.The problem I have is this,it is stated on their website that I send my financial documents which is really a problem given that my dad's bank account ain't buoyant and I can't ask my aunt for her bank statement until I get d admission.
I know a lot of u guys weren't buoyant financially in Nigeria while applying for admission so ow did u escape d financial statement palaver.

You can equally send your aunt the link to where financial statement is needed so she would understand your plight on that issue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by motifoluwasolami: 9:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ajibade105:
Please, can you share with me the materials you use in preparing for this exam. Is there any word list you made during your preparation?. If yes, send that one too with me. Here is my email ajibade.kehinde@yahoo.com. Thanks

i used 5lb Manhattan and power prepII

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.