Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (673858 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 3:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello folks. pls this is from kansas state uni.what does this means?
"Tuition is waived in the fall and spring semesters for students on at least a 0.4 teaching assistantship."
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 23, 2016
sirRiddy:

Hi Femi.
He told me about it. Kishore and I both got accepted into KU but chose to go elsewhere. We met in the KU Facebook book. I trust you are having a good semester.
Yeah he's in my School. i am having a good semester with new insights and knowledge

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
harrycool:

$50 is their service charge.
$50 in this economy? You beter look for someone abroad to pay for you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2016
ridsan4real:
"Tuition is waived in the fall and spring semesters for students on at least a 0.4 teaching assistantship."
Thanks
cc @sirriddy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 23, 2016
ridsan4real:
Thanks
This means that if you get a full assistantship, you will not pay a dime in tuition. You will have to still pay campus privilege fee, reduced health insurance fee and engineering equipment fee if you are in the college of engineering. Campus privilege fee is about 380 dollars if you take 9 credit hours, TAs pay 150 dollars instead of 500 for health insurance, engineering equipment fee is 171 or so. I am not sure of your department as the fees might slightly be different if are not an engineering grad student.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ridsan4real(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2016
sirRiddy:

This means that if you get a full assistantship, you will not pay a dime in tuition. You will have to still pay campus privilege fee, reduced health insurance fee and engineering equipment fee if you are in the college of engineering. Campus privilege fee is about 380 dollars if you take 9 credit hours, TAs pay 150 dollars instead of 500 for health insurance, engineering equipment fee is 171 or so. I am not sure of your department as the fees might slightly be different if are not an engineering grad student.
Thanks sirRiddy.
going for Phd animal science.
Bsc 4.16/5.00
Msc 5.4/7.00
planning to write gre early next year. does my transcripts need to be evaluated by wes?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
ridsan4real:

Thanks sirRiddy.
going for Phd animal science.
Bsc 4.16/5.00
Msc 5.4/7.00
planning to write gre early next year. does my transcripts need to be evaluated by wes?
You should ask graduate program director.
As a grad school applicant, the least you can be is to be proactive. Don't dull!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Horlopz:

I have successfully completed this evaluation stuff a long time. Did mine in Lagos. You will just contact WES direct and they will add it to your outstanding charges that's all. When you make the payment they'll ship the documents in abt 3 days via courier. And after that WAEC will send through the initial way you sent the other document to WES without any charge. But am not sure that one in umahaia might be like that. But mine was sent again through courier for free back to WES after they verified the results.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for your help. I am really grateful. Yes my documents were sent from the WAEC Head Office at Lagos (I learnt they are the only ones that can send documents to institutions abroad, branch offices are not authorized for such duties) but an order can be placed through a branch office, which will send your application and necessary documents to Lagos, while it's processed from Lagos head office and then sent abroad. That's exactly what I did through the umuahia branch office, and my documents were courier ed directly to WES by Lagos Head office.
I hope if I order for a courier from WES to send my docs to WAEC, the verification will be done immediately and courier ed back to WES by WAEC without any additional fee. I can't wait for standard posting, it takes years. I have limited time. Thanks once again. I appreciate so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by biikeys(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
sirRiddy:
imperiouxx it is a ponzi scheme that has been
controversial in Nigeria. It was found by a Russian
criminal and it has gone mainstream in Nigeria now.
Even the federal government and the CBN have disavowed the program
which has invoked backlash from those who are into it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Mavrodi is the guy's wiki page.

That's probably the most overused word on the news now smiley
How's Kansas?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by AusterHeights: 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello house, looking for someone to look through my SOP please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2016
Kansas is cold! Crap weather.
But the holiday is just all I need now. cheesy
biikeys:

That's probably the most overused word on the news now smiley
How's Kansas?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by robedolu(f): 6:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
ebywa:
Hello, everyone.. i have been following this trend for a while now, and i must say this forum helped me a lot in getting my f1 visa this morning at the Lagos consulate...

my interview was for 6 30am today .. fast forward to the transcript cos i no sabi talk too much

me; good morning with a wonderful smile
vo; are you going to study too? *frowns face* like say i dey owe am..

me: yes i am * i frown my on face too* looking straight into her eyes
vo; what school and course

me; business administration with a concentration in international business.. at Lincoln university Oakland California
vo; why international business?

me; well i work in a very competitive organization, and for anyone to get a promotion you would need an added educational qualification, i want the best for my self and since i already have a bs.c in business admin i decided to stay in my area of interest.

vo; why this school?
me; it was recommended to me by a prof in my the university were i had my bs.c and also the tuition is very much inline with my mums budget for my studies..

vo; what school
me; HNAUB

vo; what does your mum do?
me; she is a business woman, she has a manufacturing company the deals on plastic chairs, tables , plumbing pipes, and also sales and distribution of building materials..

vo; have you traveled outside of Nigeria before
me; yes to the UK

vo; are you married;
me; no

vo; any child?
me; no

vo; do you stay with your parents presently
me; yes i do

vo; OK i would be approving your visa* at this point i didn't hear nothing again, *my ears went on auto deafness.* passes my i-20 to me and the white paper..
me; Thank you.. na so i bounce commot

no documents asked. i didn't write any single exam, my GP IN SCHOOL was 2.50/4.. i did everything with faith and i didn't put all my hope on the visa, so i was very relaxed even in the midst of the denials, i still composed my self, looked straight into her eyes from start to finish.. in all, confidence is the key ,yes i was nervous when i started seeing blue paper from left to right, but i stayed calm, and i spoke with so much confidence and am sure no single person behind me heard my transcript cos i didn't have to shout to impress the vo i spoke my mind and that did it for me... am only 23 but i am over 6ft and i look way older than my age. i think that played a Little in me being calm and relaxed...

please anyone going to lincoln uni in Oakland or California , abeg kindly holla at me..

once again a very big thank you to you all, God bless you all bountifully . i am really grateful
congrat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2016
saninwa:

Thanks a lot for your help. I am really grateful. Yes my documents were sent from the WAEC Head Office at Lagos (I learnt they are the only ones that can send documents to institutions abroad, branch offices are not authorized for such duties) but an order can be placed through a branch office, which will send your application and necessary documents to Lagos, while it's processed from Lagos head office and then sent abroad. That's exactly what I did through the umuahia branch office, and my documents were courier ed directly to WES by Lagos Head office.
I hope if I order for a courier from WES to send my docs to WAEC, the verification will be done immediately and courier ed back to WES by WAEC without any additional fee. I can't wait for standard posting, it takes years. I have limited time. Thanks once again. I appreciate so much.
If that's the case, then it's better to use courier service to avoid wastage of time. Yes what you wrote was correct. You always welcome.
Anytime.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Horlopz(m): 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2016
ebywa:
Hello, everyone.. i have been following this trend for a while now, and i must say this forum helped me a lot in getting my f1 visa this morning at the Lagos consulate...

my interview was for 6 30am today .. fast forward to the transcript cos i no sabi talk too much

me; good morning with a wonderful smile
vo; are you going to study too? *frowns face* like say i dey owe am..

me: yes i am * i frown my on face too* looking straight into her eyes
vo; what school and course

me; business administration with a concentration in international business.. at Lincoln university Oakland California
vo; why international business?

me; well i work in a very competitive organization, and for anyone to get a promotion you would need an added educational qualification, i want the best for my self and since i already have a bs.c in business admin i decided to stay in my area of interest.

vo; why this school?
me; it was recommended to me by a prof in my the university were i had my bs.c and also the tuition is very much inline with my mums budget for my studies..

vo; what school
me; HNAUB

vo; what does your mum do?
me; she is a business woman, she has a manufacturing company the deals on plastic chairs, tables , plumbing pipes, and also sales and distribution of building materials..

vo; have you traveled outside of Nigeria before
me; yes to the UK

vo; are you married;
me; no

vo; any child?
me; no

vo; do you stay with your parents presently
me; yes i do

vo; OK i would be approving your visa* at this point i didn't hear nothing again, *my ears went on auto deafness.* passes my i-20 to me and the white paper..
me; Thank you.. na so i bounce commot

no documents asked. i didn't write any single exam, my GP IN SCHOOL was 2.50/4.. i did everything with faith and i didn't put all my hope on the visa, so i was very relaxed even in the midst of the denials, i still composed my self, looked straight into her eyes from start to finish.. in all, confidence is the key ,yes i was nervous when i started seeing blue paper from left to right, but i stayed calm, and i spoke with so much confidence and am sure no single person behind me heard my transcript cos i didn't have to shout to impress the vo i spoke my mind and that did it for me... am only 23 but i am over 6ft and i look way older than my age. i think that played a Little in me being calm and relaxed...

please anyone going to lincoln uni in Oakland or California , abeg kindly holla at me..

once again a very big thank you to you all, God bless you all bountifully . i am really grateful

CONGRATULATIONS. Enjoy your stay in Trumps' Land. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by exxy(m): 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2016
imperiouxx:

Hi. Yes, it's been a long time. How are you doing? Still in NY?
. In school for now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2016
sirRiddy:
Kansas is cold! Crap weather.
But the holiday is just all I need now. cheesy
midwest weather tomorrow e go hot like july next tomorrow cold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 23, 2016
No arguments there.
amanze15:
midwest weather tomorrow e go hot like july next tomorrow cold
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by jayfun123: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Pls do anyone have an idea of a cheap hotel closer to the Embassy, probably around Obalende Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by jayfun123: 9:13pm On Nov 23, 2016
Pls do anyone have an idea was of a cheap hotel closer to the Embassy, probably around Obalende Lagos?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:55pm On Nov 23, 2016
femi321:
Yeah he's in my School. i am having a good semester with new insights and knowledge
which school you in?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by PurestBoy(m): 11:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
Seftgun:
Good evening house.
Please i will like to know the additional period of time, an international Stud can stay in the USA after Masters.
Will I need to apply for any Visa, incase i want to get a Job over there. ?
Thank you, guys

I see you sent me a pm, I'm unable to access the email for now. you can relate here by quoting and let me know if you really my number
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:01am On Nov 24, 2016
slimmy2005:
which school
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:24am On Nov 24, 2016
Bukiemarian:
Good evening my nana people. I need an advise from you, I have been to the embassy twice between August 31st and October 13th but was refused, I went with devry university Keller graduate school of management i20. 12th intervew sessions were brief but I was refused.
I now have anothr i20 from Western illinoi university for spring, now, my mom I my sponsor as against an uncle that we don't even bear the same surname but I applied earlier for Masters in network and computer management but at WIU, I applied for Physics. I have 6 years working experience in IT at a commercial bank, I want to appear again, please help me with advise.
Thank you

Sorry about your delay but try and work on your lapses and what has changed since your last interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 24, 2016
Oga Wale, how you dey na?
We no see your green light for a while.
Walspring:

Sorry about your delay but try and work on your lapses and what has changed since your last interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2016
jayfun123:
Pls do anyone have an idea was of a cheap hotel closer to the Embassy, probably around Obalende Lagos?

A cheap hotel around obalende axis which is not far from UBA bank and i think around famous street or famous hotel or so

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:27am On Nov 24, 2016
sirRiddy:
Oga Wale, how you dey na?
We no see your green light for a while.

I dey fine and good

Yes i dey busy with some task...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:31am On Nov 24, 2016
warriboy21:

grin d tension na die grin

No be small tension be that oo..

Make e no go reach high tension wire ooo grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:32am On Nov 24, 2016
Fortissimo502:
Someone tried to hack my account. The person is still trying or is running some kind of automated script. I've gotten like 800 email reset codes.

All the hackers won't they rest?

Maybe they are looking for something inside your email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2016
DeeTus:
When a VO is moving on a higher frequency cheesy, the best way to slow him or her down is to say you are very nervous.

He or she will take it easy on him and you can intelligently divert his or her attention with regard to the situation.

Nice OT and some folks need to learn and take note of this
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:33am On Nov 24, 2016
xkunzo:
PLS HOW MANY TIME CAN SOMEONE CANCEL APPOINTMENT ,

Just twice if they haven't reduce or increase it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 12:34am On Nov 24, 2016
SgtCommander:
Visa delayed today window 4, 6.30am Lagos

VO - pass your i20 and passport
me - i passed it and said good morning ma, she didnt answer
VO - typing for a long time
VO - so you are going to Ball state University
Me - yes ma i am going to Ball state university
Vo - so you have a degree in English language
me - yes ma
Vo - and now you are going for a degree in law?
Me - before i open my mouth i saw my passport and she was saying come back next time i cannot approve your visa at this time. I didnt say anything or ask a question, i was sad.

Mehnnn i am down right now, she didnt ask me anything all i read and practice was like waste, she was just answering questions for me. I dont know what to do right now.

Sorry about your delay and dont give up and try refire and work on your lapses as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.