Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,264 members, 7,836,200 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (678330 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fregkay: 12:33am On Dec 07, 2016
MrJhay:
My Visa Approval transcript......
my appointment was 7am, arrived at the embassy some few minutes before the time, thereafter a lady came to meet us outside and shouted 7am,7;15;7;30 come this way....blahblahblah. did everything and eventually into the visa room. Well, quite crowded as expected. I joined the que thought it was the visa interview queue sef but a lady in the window just collected my document did somethings on the computer and returned my docs then to another queue for finger printing by one bearded big white man, then finally to the real queue...
V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.O: Can i have your passport (sighted my I-20) and your I-20
Me: Passed it to her
V.O: (typing for a long time) tell me about your program
Me: (something wey i don over read for google) the program is Information Security Management.......(also talking with my hand and we were looking into eachother while she was nodding her head)
V.O: How did you know about the School
Me: My senior colleague is a product of this school also i made my search using the keywoprd information security management so i got some response and i applied to some schools(meanwhile she was nodding her head and typing)
V.O: Who is your Sponsor
Me: My sister
V.O: What does she do
Me: She is an IT practitioner and she also has another business that she does
V.O: Pick up your visa the the address in this paper blah blah blah

My Little advice,
dont be too over concious, u might just find yourself blabbing.
dont keep your confidence till the interview proper, let it start with the first person that attend to you from the window cos who knows approval might start from the first widow-to finger print window- and the interview proper, they are all potential VOs.
Also please PRAY, PRAY and PRAY. i fasted for this and prayed, pls pray. My Course was just a 7-months certification program.
My story too long i guess....OK. I go sharap here.
Thanks to all the gurus.....your effort to potential applicant successful interview is much appreciated
congratulations bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 2:07am On Dec 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

have u checked Mafit. ....a centre that registers for toefl in naija. someone posted here that they registered there for 50k naira
45k ma, and they're really OK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by awe2015(f): 3:04am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello guys, I'm here again to share some of my experiences here and most of them were also learned from others mistake.

1. DO NOT, i repeat DO NOT ask someone in this USA to help you get admission or to take you through procuring your F1 Student visa. Reason been that most of the Naija guys here are really not seeing money, as a result, they exploit their fellow Naija brothers and sisters in Nigeria pretending to help them. A friend of mine who landed here is crying bitterly, because his classmate who is currently in USA now helped him get admission, etc, but before he procured this victims admission, the victim payed him close to $2000 (the money was not sent in a whole but was totaled after calculated different fees he came up with which could hinder his victim's admission). There is more, the victim was supposed to study in Maryland, but as a result of the expensive tuition, the guy asked his victim to move down to the state where he is at, that he would help him transfer his admission. After all said and done, the guy requested more money in order to help my friend transfer his admission to another school (note: my friend in question has no means of getting money, in fact his father had to send all the money he realized when he sold his land to this same guy). As a result of not identifying with the international student office in Maryland when he arrived, the school in Maryland terminated his I-20 hence making him to fall out of status. At the time when this was happening, my friend was already living with him. Suddenly the guy started requesting tenant fees from him and later chased him out of his house (remember that this was his classmate and even one of his best friends at school back then). However, through the Grace of God, he is now reinstated and applied to another school who helped to get the school in Maryland to revoke their termination of his I-20. Now he has a new I-20, has his SSN and is working part time.

This is a very TRUE story and I wish we could all learn from it. Unless you have someone you can trust like a related family member or a very trustworthy friend.

2. If you are intending to settle in this country after studies (Work or Marry), better be prepared to work on your grades (if you wanna work and get a company to file for you), try to be careful with your relationship with any woman here. Always think of what you want out of a relationship and be genuine, DO NOT go through the ARRANGEMENT means (it have really messed a lot Naija guys up). However, if you think after you guys must have dated for a long time, that you are ready to commit yourself into Marriage, then be ready to keep it. Marriage here na one thing, being Engaged is another (E no dey like naija where you can easily give it up). I am not writing this to scare you off, but also to let you know what it is on the long run, I have had a little experience though and I know what I am saying in essence. Do not jump into marriage for the sole purpose of GC. (two things are involved if you divorce her: Alimony or Child support, most a times both and if start paying for it...my dear, you'll never finish) If an American woman or man tells you that she loves you, Guy go heaven come down S/HE DOES (she no go hide anything from you, not even her fart grin, although most of them do).

3. A part from applying for Jobs on-campus, try looking for little jobs during the winter like shoveling snows which pays in cash. in fact you can make not less than $10 to $15 per hour of snow shoveling. I presently sing for a Catholic church here and they pay me in cash without my SSN.

4. Always seek for advises from people, most esp. Nigerians here (whether they give you bad or good advice, you'll decide on which one to make up your mind for, at least it gives you an option!).

5. The rate wey some "companies" or "scammers" will call you either for a tax refund payment or any type of unknown-won money is indisputable, always try to listen and allow the caller to talk first and see what he or she is calling for (I mean for numbers you did not save on your phone).

6. Car for America no be big man show, I can even see people riding 1978 cars and still have a good paying job. So do not look at some Nigerians that pose on facebook with their newly bought cars as them "making it". My dear, if they tell you rate of insurance they pay for it every month, you'll decide to ride a bicycle to school every day. My point is, settle down first and take everything one step at a time. Always make each step a calculated movement. A goal without a plan is like a wish.

7. Pray. Pray. Pray. (Whether you be Muslim or Christian). It is a pity that most of us here only pray when they are in hardship, but imagine if we always prayed everyday, even if we mistakenly entered into trouble, God will surely find a way (I'm using the above story of my friend as a case scenario, nothing is impossible for God to do, NOTHING GOOD).

That is it for now...I wish those scheduled for December interview a huge success! I wish y'all a wonderful Christmas.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by acadollar(m): 4:10am On Dec 07, 2016
$100 available at #450.
Pls let me know if you need it for sevis or application.
I can make it 110 to round it up in Naira.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 4:52am On Dec 07, 2016
awe2015:
Hello guys, I'm here again to share some of my experiences here and most of them were also learned from others mistake.

5. The rate wey some "companies" or "scammers" will call you either for a tax refund payment or any type of unknown-won money is indisputable, always try to listen and allow the caller to talk first and see what he or she is calling for (I mean for numbers you did not save on your phone)
I swear scammers ti take over. They plenty dieeeeee
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by nellyalph: 5:26am On Dec 07, 2016
ORGANIST10:
Good afternoon guys. I was at Gtbank this afternoon and i asked about their Visa card and the man that attended to me said no visa card, also asked if i can use my master card in the US to receive money in dollars and the man said for now CBN has cancelled Visa card and Master Card to be used in the U.S except if i have a domiciliary account here in Nigeria and the card, thats d only way i'll be able to get money from Nigeria. Should i just open a domiciliary account with them?

Try and settle anything related to money or medium to receive money before coming. Trust me you don't want to be stranded here. Schools here drop you from classes after the first day of school if you didnt make any payment.

And also let gtb know that you want to be able to do internet banking in case someone wants to sell you dollars whenever you come here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 5:39am On Dec 07, 2016
JOIN ME TO CELEBRATE, I AM A YEAR OLDER TODAY... GRATEFUL HRT

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ajomarzy: 5:51am On Dec 07, 2016
Hushee:

45k ma, and they're really OK.

Really....how does one go about registration with them please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by dickoflife(m): 6:00am On Dec 07, 2016
LagosismyHome:

grin grin Not to small naming ooo .... dickoflife you went to wake up trouble ?? . you be strong man .
i dey doubt the paternity of d pickin sef
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:22am On Dec 07, 2016
awe2015 nice one "4. Always seek for advises from people, most esp. Nigerians here (whether they give you bad or good advice, you'll decide on which one to make up your mind for, at least it gives you an option!)." this one cracks me up. some Nigerians kalla for here i swear undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:24am On Dec 07, 2016
see sweet soup shocked shocked shocked
MsNas:
Okay, In the spirit of giving back. My company is currently seeking H1B workers in two positions. Below are the details:

1. Title: QA Analyst
Period of Employment: 09/04/2016 - 09/03/2019
Salary Range: ~$60,000/Annum

2. Title: Oracle Applications Express Developer
Period of Employment: 09/26/2016 - 12/08/2018
Salary Range: ~$111,000/Annum

They are specifically looking for people to file H1B visas for. I just saw it this morning at HR

Disclaimer: I don't work in HR neither am I involved in the hiring process (My boss will be doing the Hiring for the Oracle Job though, but I do not have the ability to affect his decision). All I can do is help submit resumes and if I know you well enough, help put in a good word. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Sirbuggle: 6:27am On Dec 07, 2016
Please can someone explain this drop box thing to me? I am planning to renew my visa soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:27am On Dec 07, 2016
old white people sense of humor grin grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 6:29am On Dec 07, 2016
Sirbuggle:
Please can someone explain this drop box thing to me? I am planning to renew my visa soon
me too o, do you think it can be done in proxy?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Sirbuggle: 6:39am On Dec 07, 2016
amanze15:
me too o, do you think it can be done in proxy?

I just don't know... I don't know if I even qualify although i plan to visit next year and renew either by drop box or interview
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolumuntari: 7:13am On Dec 07, 2016
Good morning guys. Is it compulsory for my parent to sign the I20? I am above 18. Or am I just to sign? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by electronic(m): 7:46am On Dec 07, 2016
adup:
JOIN ME TO CELEBRATE, I AM A YEAR OLDER TODAY... GRATEFUL HRT
I stand with Adup. Happy Birthday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Folafetty: 7:58am On Dec 07, 2016
First of all I wanna thank the Alafin of Orun that made my story 'a stroll in the park' from Canada thread to US it can only be God. Exactly one week today, I was at the U.S. Embassy and I found favour all round after two failed trials with Canada, I want to thank every member of this beautiful house, God bless una falafala...this house is a total package, I got all Info here unlike Canada where I had to pay an agent and yet it was to no avail.

Sureboy God bless you brother you were with me at every stage, my personal persons Bright and Tomisin you both shall never lack anything good...Textrem and Wallspring thanks brother for going through my transcript...God bless u handsomely.

VO-Hi good morning
Me- Morning How you doing?
VO-good thanks
VO -your passport please
Me (passed it)
VO-what your study plans
Me-going for my Master of Arts in English Language and Literature after which I will be coming back home to Nigeria to contribute my quota to our Educational system at large
VO- do you have a teaching job!?
Me-yes I currently work as a teacher in Dewtime College where I teach young kids
VO-have you ever travelled out?
Me-yes I went to Bene Republic in 2012 for a 3 month course in French and I was sponsored last month by my employee for a four days trip in South Africa as the best teacher of the year.
VO-Good, so will this give you a edge at work?
Me-ofcourse, it will accelerate my promotion as I will be targeting the class of Nigerian students who are not only finding it difficult to convey their many thoughts confidently with the English Language but also struggling to understand all other subjects taught in Class with English as the language of instruction.
VO-let me give you this education guideline slip that we give students coming to the U.S. For studies...(handed the slip over with my white paper). Thank you for your time
Me- thanks alot

NB....intending applicants please read and go through the threads, contact gurus in the house,be confident and optimistic.

Please anyone going Oklahoma State University? I heard accomodation there get as e be...please make we run minds...pm me. God bless una

13 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by amanze15(m): 8:06am On Dec 07, 2016
Sirbuggle:

I just don't know... I don't know if I even qualify although i plan to visit next year and renew either by drop box or interview
Dropbox is a sure means to do it, i was thinking of mailing the required documents to have someone do the dropbox for me undecided undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 8:51am On Dec 07, 2016
Folafetty:
First of all I wanna thank the Alafin of Orun that made my story 'a stroll in the park' from Canada thread to US it can only be God. Exactly one week today, I was at the U.S. Embassy and I found favour all round after two failed trials with Canada, I want to thank every member of this beautiful house, God bless una falafala...this house is a total package, I got all Info here unlike Canada where I had to pay an agent and yet it was to no avail.

Sureboy God bless you brother you were with me at every stage, my personal persons Bright and Tomisin you both shall never lack anything good...Textrem and Wallspring thanks

NB....intending applicants please read and go through the threads, contact gurus in the house,be confident and optimistic.

Please anyone going Oklahoma State University? I heard accomodation there get as e be...please make we run minds...pm me. God bless una

Congrats dear. Enjoy your stay at the states. Seems most of the people here are going for graduate and post graduate studies. Rarely hear from the undergraduates here. Please where una dey ooo?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by fatanu: 8:56am On Dec 07, 2016
hello guys, somebody help me with this immunization thing...My school has me to submit proof of 3 DT's (diphtheria & tetanus) and 2 MMR's (measles, mumps and rubella). Please house guide me on how to go about this. How can i get this from Nig

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:04am On Dec 07, 2016
To God be the glory ,great things he hath done.for the Lord is good and his mercy endureth forever.he really favored me cos my interview was less than 2 minutes ND stress free.
My interview was on 6th Dec ,8am appointment ND I was interviewed at window 5.now to my transcript
Me: good morning sir
V.O: can't Remember if he responded
V.O: your passport please
Me: passed my passport
V.O: why are you going to US
Me: am going for my master's degree program in information Science at ballstate university in Muncie. indiana
V.o: what school did you have your undergraduate
Me: Adekunle Ajasin university, akungba akoko
V.o: who is sponsoring your trip
Me: my father
V.o: did you write any exam
Me: No,it was waived (I paused and the man was typing ) The school was impressed with the documents I sent and they waived the exam
V.o: (stopped typing and looked at me).what was your undergraduate in
Me: Environmental biology and fisheries.
V.o: brought out the white paper ND said he is approving my visa.
Note: the VO only asked of my passport.he didn't even collect my i20 ND the rest.it was then I realized God was with me.my special thanks goes to the almighty God.i also thank the gurus in the house who contributed to my success.@walspring,lagosismyhome,slimmy2005,texrem,oludare01,mayflower ND those who has been posting their transcripts tank u all cos I really gained a lot from reading those transcripts tank you all and God bless.
I really prayed ,prayed ND prayed oooooo.God factor really works oo

17 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:17am On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=Walspring post=51679797]

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland[/quote
Thanks God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:18am On Dec 07, 2016
Ardedaryor:

Congrat grin
Thanks,God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2016
SAMUELS3:

Congratulations, God bless your new journey.
Thanks,God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:19am On Dec 07, 2016
alteco007:

Congratulations
Thanks,God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2016
electronic:

Congratulations God is Awesome!!
Thanks,God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:21am On Dec 07, 2016
dickoflife:
come for anointing in my bedroom before u travel or else
Abeg which kin anointing b ur own oooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=OJCITY22 post=51688405]

Congrats
[/quotes
Thanks ND God bless
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by alexandersherif: 9:31am On Dec 07, 2016
[quote author=adup post=51702684]JOIN ME TO CELEBRATE, I AM A YEAR OLDER TODAY... GRATEFUL HRT [/quote

hbd.....broooo......llnp
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lincoln123: 9:35am On Dec 07, 2016
MrJhay:
My Visa Approval transcript......
my appointment was 7am, arrived at the embassy some few minutes before the time, thereafter a lady came to meet us outside and shouted 7am,7;15;7;30 come this way....blahblahblah. did everything and eventually into the visa room. Well, quite crowded as expected. I joined the que thought it was the visa interview queue sef but a lady in the window just collected my document did somethings on the computer and returned my docs then to another queue for finger printing by one bearded big white man, then finally to the real queue...
V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning
V.O: Can i have your passport (sighted my I-20) and your I-20
Me: Passed it to her
V.O: (typing for a long time) tell me about your program
Me: (something wey i don over read for google) the program is Information Security Management.......(also talking with my hand and we were looking into eachother while she was nodding her head)
V.O: How did you know about the School
Me: My senior colleague is a product of this school also i made my search using the keywoprd information security management so i got some response and i applied to some schools(meanwhile she was nodding her head and typing)
V.O: Who is your Sponsor
Me: My sister
V.O: What does she do
Me: She is an IT practitioner and she also has another business that she does
V.O: Pick up your visa the the address in this paper blah blah blah

My Little advice,
dont be too over concious, u might just find yourself blabbing.
dont keep your confidence till the interview proper, let it start with the first person that attend to you from the window cos who knows approval might start from the first widow-to finger print window- and the interview proper, they are all potential VOs.
Also please PRAY, PRAY and PRAY. i fasted for this and prayed, pls pray. My Course was just a 7-months certification program.
My story too long i guess....OK. I go sharap here.
Thanks to all the gurus.....your effort to potential applicant successful interview is much appreciated

Congrats my brother,
I'm interested in the program, what's the name of the school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolumuntari: 9:50am On Dec 07, 2016
Omogirl2016:
To God be the glory ,great things he hath done.for the Lord is good and his mercy endureth forever.he really favored me cos my interview was less than 2 minutes ND stress free.
My interview was on 6th Dec ,8am appointment ND I was interviewed at window 5.now to my transcript
Me: good morning sir
V.O: can't Remember if he responded
V.O: your passport please
Me: passed my passport
V.O: why are you going to US
Me: am going for my master's degree program in information Science at ballstate university in Muncie. indiana
V.o: what school did you have your undergraduate
Me: Adekunle Ajasin university, akungba akoko
V.o: who is sponsoring your trip
Me: my father
V.o: did you write any exam
Me: No,it was waived (I paused and the man was typing ) The school was impressed with the documents I sent and they waived the exam
V.o: (stopped typing and looked at me).what was your undergraduate in
Me: Environmental biology and fisheries.
V.o: brought out the white paper ND said he is approving my visa.
Note: the VO only asked of my passport.he didn't even collect my i20 ND the rest.it was then I realized God was with me.my special thanks goes to the almighty God.i also thank the gurus in the house who contributed to my success.@walspring,lagosismyhome,slimmy2005,texrem,oludare01,mayflower ND those who has been posting their transcripts tank u all cos I really gained a lot from reading those transcripts tank you all and God bless.
I really prayed ,prayed ND prayed oooooo.God factor really works oo

I tap into such favour in Jesus's name. Congrats

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.