Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,059 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (678294 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ponpon(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2016
acadollar:
$100 available at #450. Pls let me know if you need it for sevis or application. I can make it 110 to round it up in Naira.
Thanks Boss, but gt is 320, access is 325

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 9:57am On Dec 07, 2016
electronic:
I stand with Adup. Happy Birthday

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 10:00am On Dec 07, 2016
tolumuntari:

I tap into such favour in Jesus's name. Congrats
Amen,tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:02am On Dec 07, 2016
amanze15:
Dropbox is a sure means to do it, i was thinking of mailing the required documents to have someone do the dropbox for me undecided undecided

i have seen the VO states that its not possible to mail your documents and have someone do dropbox.... i am not sure of what checks are in place maybe biometric for dropbox

but it's been said this not possible ....also dhl and the rest do not mail passport outside of Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by eniolagharxe: 10:03am On Dec 07, 2016
Omogirl2016:
To God be the glory ,great things he hath done.for the Lord is good and his mercy endureth forever.he really favored me cos my interview was less than 2 minutes ND stress free.
My interview was on 6th Dec ,8am appointment ND I was interviewed at window 5.now to my transcript
Me: good morning sir
V.O: can't Remember if he responded
V.O: your passport please
Me: passed my passport
V.O: why are you going to US
Me: am going for my master's degree program in information Science at ballstate university in Muncie. indiana
V.o: what school did you have your undergraduate
Me: Adekunle Ajasin university, akungba akoko
V.o: who is sponsoring your trip
Me: my father
V.o: did you write any exam
Me: No,it was waived (I paused and the man was typing ) The school was impressed with the documents I sent and they waived the exam
V.o: (stopped typing and looked at me).what was your undergraduate in
Me: Environmental biology and fisheries.
V.o: brought out the white paper ND said he is approving my visa.
Note: the VO only asked of my passport.he didn't even collect my i20 ND the rest.it was then I realized God was with me.my special thanks goes to the almighty God.i also thank the gurus in the house who contributed to my success.@walspring,lagosismyhome,slimmy2005,texrem,oludare01,mayflower ND those who has been posting their transcripts tank u all cos I really gained a lot from reading those transcripts tank you all and God bless.
I really prayed ,prayed ND prayed oooooo.God factor really works oo
congratulations....i pray for a grace like this too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:07am On Dec 07, 2016
Sirbuggle:

I just don't know... I don't know if I even qualify although i plan to visit next year and renew either by drop box or interview

if your previous visa was got in Nigeria. ..yes you can do dropbox .

below is a quote from visa team and factor 3 weeks for turnaround time ...so walk in interview will take less if you are not in Nigeria for long

She/ he only needs to submit the I-20, the DS 160 and transcripts. If they are unofficial, they must be printed directly from the web portal and not copied and pasted into a word document.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by mcearnie: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2016
Since you are above 18, you can sign for yourself.
tolumuntari:
Good morning guys. Is it compulsory for my parent to sign the I20? I am above 18. Or am I just to sign? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by larmeedeh: 10:53am On Dec 07, 2016
gm guys, how does PayPal charge is it d linked mastercard dollar rate or airline rate which 316/$ or dey av their own rate ?
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 07, 2016
Folafetty:
First of all I wanna thank the Alafin of Orun that made my story 'a stroll in the park' from Canada thread to US it can only be God. Exactly one week today, I was at the U.S. Embassy and I found favour all round after two failed trials with Canada, I want to thank every member of this beautiful house, God bless una falafala...this house is a total package, I got all Info here unlike Canada where I had to pay an agent and yet it was to no avail.

Sureboy God bless you brother you were with me at every stage, my personal persons Bright and Tomisin you both shall never lack anything good...Textrem and Wallspring thanks brother for going through my transcript...God bless u handsomely.

VO-Hi good morning
Me- Morning How you doing?
VO-good thanks
VO -your passport please
Me (passed it)
VO-what your study plans
Me-going for my Master of Arts in English Language and Literature after which I will be coming back home to Nigeria to contribute my quota to our Educational system at large
VO- do you have a teaching job!?
Me-yes I currently work as a teacher in Dewtime College where I teach young kids
VO-have you ever travelled out?
Me-yes I went to Bene Republic in 2012 for a 3 month course in French and I was sponsored last month by my employee for a four days trip in South Africa as the best teacher of the year.
VO-Good, so will this give you a edge at work?
Me-ofcourse, it will accelerate my promotion as I will be targeting the class of Nigerian students who are not only finding it difficult to convey their many thoughts confidently with the English Language but also struggling to understand all other subjects taught in Class with English as the language of instruction.
VO-let me give you this education guideline slip that we give students coming to the U.S. For studies...(handed the slip over with my white paper). Thank you for your time
Me- thanks alot

NB....intending applicants please read and go through the threads, contact gurus in the house,be confident and optimistic.

Please anyone going Oklahoma State University? I heard accomodation there get as e be...please make we run minds...pm me. God bless una

Nice one...Congrats to you

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Omogirl2016: 10:56am On Dec 07, 2016
eniolagharxe:
congratulations....i pray for a grace like this too
U will receive it in Jesus name,tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LUCAS99: 11:14am On Dec 07, 2016
Please nairalanders I am completely lost in the united states. I have lost all I have worked for the past four years this year. From January-December am still on one thing. Life has left me behind and I am on the verge of being homeless. I have been regarded as suicidal and have been taking some medication. I don't know if the medication played any role in messing up my thinking ability. I have lost touch with reality that I no longer understand what is going on in my life. Some days I wake up and I don't know what to do. Friend's have abandoned me. Family is almost tired of me. After all I went through with my aunty that I lived with back in Nigeria that sells purewater. I can't disappoint her. Please if anyone can help and assist me in giving me directions in life I will appreciate
Please Msnas, Ojap, Bigfrancis,imperioux, zeezahbee, slimmy, femi,justwise and other gurus in the house. Please help me out am on my knees begging. My life and destiny is at stake. I can't afford to useless my life. This is a cry for help. I have so many questions begging for answers.

A)is it possible to wake in the morning and don't know what to do and the whole day is gone.
B) Can a medication like lexapro affect my brain
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 11:14am On Dec 07, 2016
awe2015:
Hello guys, I'm here again to share some of my experiences here and most of them were also learned from others mistake.
Nice write-up bro, God bless you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 11:17am On Dec 07, 2016
adup:
JOIN ME TO CELEBRATE, I AM A YEAR OLDER TODAY... GRATEFUL HRT
Happy Birthday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 11:20am On Dec 07, 2016
ajomarzy:

Really....how does one go about registration with them please
Just go to their office with your cash, they'll do everything for you but make sure you check the spelling of your names very well before they submit it. Type by mafit on google and follow the instructions there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2016
Omogirl2016:
U will receive it in Jesus name,tanks
Amen too. Make I no carry last!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Lildoc(m): 12:13pm On Dec 07, 2016
Please am new in this thread anyone going for visa lottery processing here,my interview is set for Jan 25th anyone here with that date also please signify.I will also need some advise as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 12:19pm On Dec 07, 2016
Goodday house , In order for me to receive my i20 , I'm required to submit a letter from my sponsors bank showing I have so so funds available and signed by the bank official. For those that have passed this stage , is that bank letter the same thing as statement of account. Cause I have a statement of account already.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 1:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
KELVIN086:
Goodday house , In order for me to receive my i20 , I'm required to submit a letter from my sponsors bank showing I have so so funds available and signed by the bank official. For those that have passed this stage , is that bank letter the same thing as statement of account. Cause I have a statement of account already.

Most schools require us to submit just two ducuments:
1. Official Bank statement of Acct with more than the min amount indicated by the admission office
2. Notarized Affidavit of Support from the person who will be sponsoring your studies in the states, if you are not the one sponsoring yourself. If you are to be sponsored, then submit your sponsors bank statement as item 1. with his/her name clearly indicated as the acct owner. But if you are sponsoring your self, you don't need item 2. but your name must be indicated as the acct owner in the statement of acct. Pls note that the bank statement must be signed and stamped by the bank authority. Your affidavit of sponsorship can be in the form of a letter written by your sponsor and addressed to your university, or it can be the form I-134 (official affidavit of sponsorship) which ever your sponsor decides to use, it most be NOTARIZED.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by saninwa: 1:26pm On Dec 07, 2016
It is also important to note that some schools already have a template of the affidavit of sponsorship, you just download it/them and have your sponsor fill it, sign it and notariz it. That saves the time of writing a letter or looking for form I-134.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by kellycute(m): 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
Oga walspring I greet u bro, please check your inbox.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by HITLERS(m): 1:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Afternoon FAM,
Who knows whatever happened to *EBDIB*?

Think he went to Princeton university.

Such an intelligent guy.

Cc slimmy2005

Cc justwise
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
LUCAS99:
Please nairalanders I am completely lost in the united states. I have lost all I have worked for the past four years this year. From January-December am still on one thing. Life has left me behind and I am on the verge of being homeless. I have been regarded as suicidal and have been taking some medication. I don't know if the medication played any role in messing up my thinking ability. I have lost touch with reality that I no longer understand what is going on in my life. Some days I wake up and I don't know what to do. Friend's have abandoned me. Family is almost tired of me. After all I went through with my aunty that I lived with back in Nigeria that sells purewater. I can't disappoint her. Please if anyone can help and assist me in giving me directions in life I will appreciate
Please Msnas, Ojap, Bigfrancis,imperioux, zeezahbee, slimmy, femi,justwise and other gurus in the house. Please help me out am on my knees begging. My life and destiny is at stake. I can't afford to useless my life. This is a cry for help. I have so many questions begging for answers.

A)is it possible to wake in the morning and don't know what to do and the whole day is gone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
LUCAS99:

Yes all of the above. But why did you take this drug and where did you buy it?

Your case is really, really serious and you need a doctor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gentledoj(m): 2:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
OJCITY22:

Congrats bro.
Good to know you made it...
All glory to JAH......

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
gentledoj:

Thanks

Give us travel transcript make we enjoy
nah
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by lionlee216(m): 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
Lucas99, what really happened to you? This ur story is heartbreaking.

Pls tell us what happened
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by KELVIN086: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
saninwa:

Most schools require us to submit just two ducuments:
1. Official Bank statement of Acct with more than the min amount indicated by the admission office
2. Notarized Affidavit of Support from the person who will be sponsoring your studies in the states, if you are not the one sponsoring yourself. If you are to be sponsored, then submit your sponsors bank statement as item 1. with his/her name clearly indicated as the acct owner. But if you are sponsoring your self, you don't need item 2. but your name must be indicated as the acct owner in the statement of acct. Pls note that the bank statement must be signed and stamped by the bank authority. Your affidavit of sponsorship can be in the form of a letter written by your sponsor and addressed to your university, or it can be the form I-134 (official affidavit of sponsorship) which ever your sponsor decides to use, it most be NOTARIZED.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
LUCAS99:
Please nairalanders I am completely lost in the united states. I have lost all I have worked for the past four years this year. My life and destiny is at stake. I can't afford to useless my life. This is a cry for help. I have so many questions begging for answers.

hummm it is well. you just need to take a deep breath and find strength to find your way back. been suicidal at the end doesnt solve anything and there can be light at the end of the tunnel

so go back to the beginning. ..are u in status if not then how can u go back on status.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LUCAS99: 3:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
Justwise is it ok to post my number. I'm in a serious situation and I need all the help I can get.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by DareFadi(f): 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2016
cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by ksbusari(m): 3:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
i have been accepted to a Community College. My acceptance letter dated 2nd of November 2016 and term begins by january 13, 2017.
I have applied for the F-1 Visa online and have my interview scheduled at the end of the month.
The following documents are available to be taken to the interview venue:
The acceptance letter
Form I-20
Visa fee payment receipt
DS - 160 comfirmation page
Appointment confirmation
SEVIS fee payment coupon (payment in progress).
What else do i need to take along with me to the interview?
i am new to yhe forum and i'm a first time applicant. I hope this forum helps.

Another question is
What does the Document delivery Information on the appointment confirmation page means? does it mean i need yo pickup some documents before interview or after interview?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by adup(m): 3:32pm On Dec 07, 2016
LUCAS99:
Justwise is it ok to post my number. I'm in a serious situation and I need all the help I can get.

Still don't understand u, pls if I may as u some questions 1=what was your purpose of going to USA in d first places, 2=what have you been doing ever since u got there,3=what has happened to your work?

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.