Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,276 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672361 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 06, 2017
anaccondac:
Says who? And can you drop a link. A friends sisters adjustment was just approved recently. So I don't get.
That's a white lie.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by abbeYhart(m): 6:13pm On Jan 06, 2017
Congrats ojWinston and Olayinka15
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 6:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
OluDare01:

Bros,take it easy now.
This is a faceless forum,what do you gain from using abusive words?
cheesy Directly calling someone a Liar is much worse than calling him an idiot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by anaccondac: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2017

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by sobastical: 6:37pm On Jan 06, 2017
SAMUELS3:
Live in New York. I'm in PA imperiouxx house, he's treating me well, such a nice man, with his beautiful wife with a beautiful heart. May God bless you both abundantly.

Nice one boss

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Time2Smile(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2017
I want to appreciate everyome on this forum. Special thanks to iekene, who shared his magoosh login with me. I wrote GRE today and the Quant and verbal results were quite good. Once again I am really grateful.

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 6:52pm On Jan 06, 2017
Time2Smile:
I want to appreciate everyome on this forum. Special thanks to iekene, who shared his magoosh login with me. I wrote GRE today and the Quant and verbal results were quite good. Once again I am really grateful.
Congratulations bro.
Nice scores you've got.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by teepee4Him(m): 6:53pm On Jan 06, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Greyhound goes to Texas A&M College station from Houston ......... The stop is called Bryan

Oh! Thanks a great deal Ma...

Was busy looking for College Station
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 6:55pm On Jan 06, 2017
anaccondac:
https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/special-instructions-b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school

https://www.uscis.gov/i-539

You can always adjust your status anytime you want from B1 to F1. Here are the link cheesy

To others who may be interested... a few rules of thumb to follow:

1. Just because it says so on the USCIS website that you "may" (note the operative word) does not mean you should. Always remember, immigration decisions you take today have consequences in future.

2. Applications to adjust status from B1 to F1, within 30-60 days of entering the US on a B1 visa are generally rejected by the USCIS. Early applications such as this are always considered "preconcieved intent", unless you specifically indicated at your B1 interview that you would like to consider the option of adjusting status to F1 during your trip.

3. If you applied for a B1 at the interview and also mentioned the option of adjusting to an F1, the VO will also adjudicate your eligibility for an F1 visa at that time and note "prospective student" on your visa.

4. Remember, should your attempt to adjust to F1 in the US be turned down, your chances of getting an F1 or B1 visa in your home country diminishes since an attempt to circumvent immigration rules will already be noted on your record.

5. The opportunity to adjust from B1 to F1 was severely restricted after 9-11, so this is not a trivial matter.

6. As you may be aware when it comes to US law, "may" does not mean " you should".

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iekene(m): 7:05pm On Jan 06, 2017
Time2Smile:
Wow... This news gives me joy.. Nice one Bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by tolumuntari: 7:07pm On Jan 06, 2017
Good evening my people. Please how much is GRE and where can I register? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 06, 2017
tolumuntari:
$205 go to www.ets.org
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2017
tolumuntari:

GRE offically is $205 but someone has mentioned a group in Nigeria that has coupons so its registers for 50k or 45k naira....... that works out cheaper ...... http://www.gregmattoeflnigeria.com also called
B.Y Mafit

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Hushee(m): 7:38pm On Jan 06, 2017
Mekurexx:
Funding is available. And the tuition is not expensive
Thanks Sir, I actually wanted to type Mississippi. Someone adviced me against Minessota.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by OluDare01(m): 7:50pm On Jan 06, 2017
Hushee:

Thanks Sir, I actually wanted to type Mississippi. Someone adviced me against Minessota.
He's at Minnesota state university,you wanna apply to university of Minnesota if I'm right.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 8:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
cecemat:
Hello great people... I have a piece of onion to add to this awesome thread!!!

Well, a lot of persons have attributed their success at the consulate to the great minds on this thread. I applaud your efforts.

However, while some persons are rejoicing and sending out message of gratitude to those that contributed to their success in one way or the other, others are in search/begging for 1 or 2 persons that will vet their transcripts.

It is to this light that I write this;
A few of our colleagues just faced d consulate and it didn't turn out well for them simply because some of us have [b]REFUSED
to assist in vetting their mocks. It is not good an unfair. I don't want this to result to name-calling and abuses though, but it is as a result of this that they were unable to come out successful.

Inasmuch as we are VERY BUSY with our daily routines, 5 mins for a brovda isn't bad at all. This thread had helped u during your own time too, why not help those behind[/b].

A whatsapp group has been created by a group of our colleagues @Christian129 and others here to help drill and correct red flags in mocks. I would plead with you all to help out ou colleagues via that platform too.

I raise my case.

Cc @Justwise @Walspring @texrem @Oludare01 @Sureb0y @lagosismyhome

I find this selfish and disturbing however, I will wait for you to get to this side of the divide and see if you would respond to all posts. That said, not everyone is good at vetting and some do not see the need for adding stress to the candidate. Like someone advised earlier, the key is to be prepared, pray, and be relaxed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 06, 2017
TWoods:

To others who may be interested... a few rules of thumb to follow:

1. Just because it says so on the USCIS website that you "may" (note the operative word) does not mean you should. Always remember, immigration decisions you take today have consequences in future.

2. Applications to adjust status from B1 to F1, within 30-60 days of entering the US on a B1 visa are generally rejected by the USCIS. Early applications such as this are always considered "preconcieved intent", unless you specifically indicated at your B1 interview that you would like to consider the option of adjusting status to F1 during your trip.

3. If you applied for a B1 at the interview and also mentioned the option of adjusting to an F1, the VO will also adjudicate your eligibility for an F1 visa at that time and note "prospective student" on your visa.

4. Remember, should your attempt to adjust to F1 in the US be turned down, your chances of getting an F1 or B1 visa in your home country diminishes since an attempt to circumvent immigration rules will already be noted on your record.

5. The opportunity to adjust from B1 to F1 was severely restricted after 9-11, so this is not a trivial matter.

6. As you may be aware when it comes to US law, "may" does not mean " you should".
Some folks don't really understand that immigration laws do change and might be unfavorable for some nationals at some point.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 8:31pm On Jan 06, 2017
cecemat:

Well said oga! This is to answer every other person that quoted me.

If you make it clear to everyone (particularly newbeees) when they ask for a mock to visit the past threads and even the Dropbox it would have been best. I have contacted some persons on this thread as regards the mock interview n they've been of great help. Who said u need people to give you what to cramm?

Those who have crossed the bridge are here to guide those who intend to cross on how to go. Isn't that the aim of this thread

Must you put words into someone's mouth to divulge at the consulate I don't support that at all if you must know.

I remember asking @lagosismyhome where to get the Dropbox (quoting her fa) and she said nothing on that? That's encouraging to you right?

If someone seeks guidance on how to go with the interview through mock interviews; you refer them to the previous work. That's how to help to me. I wouldn't be here if I ain't looking for reviews.

And to those of you quoting me wrongly about the whatsapp platform here is for you; look here, I am NOT asking for a relocation okay? If that's my aim I would advice telegram after all. I only drew attention to that cos that's more or less a platform where you get a live simulation of what "VO/YOU" Q and A seems like.

I love this platform and it's helped me greatly.

Better be a pointer than tell someone point black that you CANNOT TAKE MOCKS as if you haven't been taking mocks when DROPBOX has been. Like you weren't mocked

#IStandToBeCorrected

I hope you are not going to classes with such mentality otherwise, you are siting on a keg of gun powder. Try as much as you can to get resources to help however, do not feel offended if you do not get it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GboyegaD(m): 8:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
pappyyanky:
Hello house is it possible to apply for Master degree in Usa with and HND result.

Yes you can. You can even get into PhD with it provided you have awesome grades. I have both HND and BSc and when I got a copy of my evaluated transcript from the International office of my University, they quoted both as Bachelors. Just do your search well and if you are not too sure, please write to the International Office and they will gladly help out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by GetUmad: 8:40pm On Jan 06, 2017
I'm actually a visitor, I've always been an "onlooker" (for like a month now, stumbled on the thread as I was preparing for my interview) . Gained one or two things for my visa interview preparation which held 3rd of January.

Here I am now to publicly testify to the glory of God for a miraculous outing on that day. You'd understand why it's miraculous in a bit.

Permit me, the transcript would be as short as the duration of the interview.

Got there after 7. Interview slated for 9am. After series of the necessary huddles, finally got in the judgment center. Immediately I entered into the building, I noticed its a no-hidden place. Everyone hears your conversation and the judgment. Lest I forget, just like every other people who believe they have no power of their own had claimed on this thread ; I also went securing and fortifying myself with fasting and praying. I specifically aaked God to lead me with entourage of his Angels. Back to the gist, while on queue, I noticed there were actually one or two VO's whose place are kinda far from "audience", that is your conversation could actually be safe. Hence the eventual outcome. Smile. I saw as many people were being denied after being vigorously drilled and questioned. This sent serious fear down my spine, nonetheless, I kept on reminding God that I won't leave until he blesses me. When I got to the front and the CGI guy was coming towards me to direct me on which counter to fall in, I immediately told God I wanted that particular one opposite me where no much prying eyes. Lol.

Lo and behold, I was directed there. The ffg conversation then ensued.

VO; Good Morning,
Me: Good morning Sir and happy new yr.
VO; Pass me your passport and I 20
Me: without wasting time I obliged.
I noticed he was not really sitting
VO; quickly tell me about yourself and your mission.
ME; Thank you Sir, My name is Headward Flatonja, 31 yrs of age, a graduate of Ebano University, studied Igbo literature as my undergraduate, pursuing a master degree in Financial management at University of Delaware blah blah blah blah and I paused

Noticed he was typing, I was like, Aboki, hope you dey listen to me kwo? cos I nor know wetin u just dey use me press for system.

VO; What does your dad do?
Me; he's a businessman
cuts in
VO; What kind of business?
ME; He owns a production company specializing in aluminum products with branches both here in lagos and Oyo state.
VO; Your Mother?

I noticed he was not even listening to me. He was busy typing. I Was again like, Hey Chairmo you dey use me play Chess on system or wetin? abeg i nor wan care if you dey listen or not but at the end may you not see any other paper to hand over to me but the white one that shows location of pick-up

Me; Deputy Registrar in FFK-FAYOSE POLYTECHNIC
VO; HOW MANY STAFF DOES YOUR DAD HAVE?
ME: he's got a staff strength of about 200

I watched as he typed then he "annoyingly or excitingly" (annoyingly in the manner it was slid to me like say we bin don get argument ) handed me the white paper told me to go and pick up my visa after 3 business working days. He didn't even tell me congratulations or the usual " I shall be approving your visa".. He just did God's bidding. Simple! . For a moment I traversed into another realm. Just couldn't believe my eyes. Yes if you were wondering if it was just like that, yes it was. As in Nna mehn! Gaskiya It was nothing but a miracle cos he hurriedly slipped the white paper out just same way some of you back then used to slide out chokes in exam hall to you partners in crimes.

If you noticed well, though I wrote an epistle, but the whole questions the VO asked were just 3 max. The interview that day lasted for less than 3 minutes. I think I might have had the shortest interview duration, at least during the whole period I was there (while on queue) I saw series of many minutes of questioning and at the end it was so much of a sad story. The VO never asked me for any supporting docs (meanwhile I had lotta them) . God used the guy to prove himself as the Ancient of days in my life. It was later I realized the guy was in a haste to leave, hence the record-breaking brief interaction for that day. I forgot one of my docs with him, was summoned to come pick it up immediately, on getting there he had left with another man taking position. My brother, My sister, pls just don't ever for once doubt the wonder-working God. Whatever you want to do, commit in unto him alone and prepare, next action is putting your hope and faith in action and see things working the way you never imagined. He did it for me and I know he'd do it for as many as are ready to put him ahead of their journey. Mehn! Was so elated, didn't know when tears of joy ran down my cheek. I began to sing praises to GOD and almost suddenly switched to lil' kesh's tongue; skiboroboskibo yeeeba oshe!
but was immediately pulled back to focus by the Angels in my entourage.

My advice for prospective candidates ; Please prepare yourself well, download the transcripts and pray for God's divine favor. Believe me, it doesn't matter who you meet or what you're going with, that favor is what is gonna make the lines fall for you in pleasant places.

Somebody help me shout Hallelujah 7 times.

15 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (362) (363) (364) (365) (366) (367) (368) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.