Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,250 members, 7,815,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 - Travel (389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (672387 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 11:11am On Jan 15, 2017
Afam4eva:
Can someone direct me to a thread about admission into American schools because it seems i'm in the wrong place.

No such thread really exists. You will have to do the hard work yourself.

First question - what course do you want to do? What level - undergrad, masters, phd? Length of time you're willing to commit? What are you looking for in terms of tuition?

You seriously cannot be this lazy when it comes to your own future.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by brightify: 11:11am On Jan 15, 2017
Afam4eva:
Can someone direct me to a thread about admission into American schools because it seems i'm in the wrong place.

the right information is in your hand,just read the previous parts you will get alot of solid Information there,and later on you can ask specific questions
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:18am On Jan 15, 2017
TWoods:

I'm not sure how saying we are not as bad as the Indians is of any use at all. India and Mexico may possess more vices but they are also technologically more advanced countries. What do we export, other than oil and 419? Shame on us. Arguments like this make me despair for the black race in general. We make excuses for crime and mediocrity and offer absolutely zero to the rest of the world.
Going by this your faulty logic, what does Panama export besides tax havens and banking institution for illegal activities, what does Brunei export other than brutal autocracy and oil, what does most of Latin America like the Honduras et al export other than Meth, LSD and gang violence, what does south Sudan export other than child soldiers and gigantic refugees. Despair the black race all you want as that is your business, but your logic is faulty and fallacious, irrespective of what nefarious activities a small group of a nation does, the majority who seek just life deserve life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And FYI, we do not need to export anything to be relevant, a simple look into comparative advantage would give you a wee bit sense you deserve. Saudi Arabia has exported oil and Terrorism, tell me why you shouldn't hate the Arab race then, going by your logic of nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:40am On Jan 15, 2017
Afam4eva:

www.collegeconfidential.com
www.reddit.com/R/college
Best websites to get the real deal

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Afam4eva(m): 11:41am On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

www.collegeconfidential.com
www.reddit.com/R/college
Best websites to get the real deal
I'm actually at collegeconfidential right now? I'm also using the collegeboard college search tool. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 11:53am On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
Going by this your faulty logic, what does Panama export besides tax havens and banking institution for illegal activities, what does Brunei export other than brutal autocracy and oil, what does most of Latin America like the Honduras et al export other than Meth, LSD and gang violence, what does south Sudan export other than child soldiers and gigantic refugees. Despair the black race all you want as that is your business, but your logic is faulty and fallacious, irrespective of what nefarious activities a small group of a nation does, the majority who seek just life deserve life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And FYI, we do not need to export anything to be relevant, a simple look into comparative advantage would give you a wee bit sense you deserve. Saudi Arabia has exported oil and Terrorism, tell me why you shouldn't hate the Arab race then, going by your logic of nonsense.

You've used a lot of words but basically said nothing of value. I'll leave you to continue making excuses for the sad state of your continent.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:59am On Jan 15, 2017
TWoods:

You've used a lot of words but basically said nothing of value. I'll leave you to continue making excuses for the sad state of your continent.
My post aimed at exposing your faulty logic of hasty generalization, if you need value pick up books on basic economic and socioeconomic theories and stop being a black race hater. and I'll leave you to keep playing the good evil doer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 12:08pm On Jan 15, 2017
I remember those days when this thread was strictly about the United States students' visa application and education in America generally. Indeed, There Was A Thread!

The new development isn't bad, anyway. Somehow, the arguments and counter-arguments are enlightening and educative.

But when we argue, let's try and show respect to one another. What's the essence of arguing with insults? It only shows the kind of people we are and it won't end up serving the good purpose of education, because such arguments don't end well. Let's respect one another even during times of hot arguments whether we believe in God or not; at least it shows our level of moral standard. America or no America, all is vanity! Let's encourage more people to come here with their questions or enquiries. Describing people, especially newbies, with words such as ''lazy'', etc. in my opinion isn't respectful at all. And pls, let's respect our country Nigeria too, especially those of you already outside Nigeria. No need throwing tantrums back to us here. Nigeria can still be great, and if it can't, let's not worsen the already bad situation with our own words.

Abeg, this is just my opinion o.

14 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
@neurosci .

you are clearly new to NL then, back in '08/'09 Travel section was always hot with NIN VS NID , the likes of sagamite, cougar, babyosisi, almondjoy et al, made this place not so educative but fun, the good old day you yearn for were not so good oog

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 12:32pm On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
you are clearly new to NL then, back in '08/'09 Travel section was always hot with NIN VS NID , the likes of sagamite, cougar, babyosisi, almondjoy et al, made this place not so educative but fun, the good old day you yearn for were not so good oog

You're right that I'm new to NL, sir. I wasn't referring to old days as far back as the date you mentioned. I didn't even know a word called ''Nairaland'' was in existence back then. I just joined this thread last year.

Yes, it's fun but at times insults may not be fun, especially to strangers.

Pls, kindly unquote my last post you quoted. Thanks!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 12:37pm On Jan 15, 2017
neurosci:

You're right that I'm new to NL, sir. I wasn't referring to old days as far back as the date you mentioned. I didn't even know a word called ''Nairaland'' was in existence back then. I just joined this thread last year.

Yes, it's fun but at times insults may not be fun, especially to strangers.

Pls, kindly unquote my last post you quoted. Thanks!
No , I won't . Good day
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 12:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
No , I won't . Good day

My auto-correct caused some errors in it, so I had to modify it. That was why I asked you to unquote it. But it's no problem if you won't. Have a nice day!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
neurosci:

My auto-correct caused some errors in it, so I had to modify it. That was why I asked you to unquote it. But it's no problem if you won't. Have a nice day!

Done.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by neurosci: 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2017
justwise:

Done.

Thank you!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
I've been following this your conversation and I'm sorry to intrude but i honestly do not understand the basis of your argument. You Just seem to be countering Twoods points with "irrelevant" points and low-key insults "

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2017
TWoods:

No such thread really exists. You will have to do the hard work yourself.

First question - what course do you want to do? What level - undergrad, masters, phd? Length of time you're willing to commit? What are you looking for in terms of tuition?

You seriously cannot be this lazy when it comes to your own future.
the guy has only asked that he be directed to a thread about America schools but thinks he's on the wrong thread with all this una arguments sef. I am sure he's willing to ask some vital questions and see you trying to say he's lazy. Relax guy!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Drocks: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
neurosci:
I remember those days when this thread was strictly about the United States students' visa application and education in America generally. Indeed, There Was A Thread!

The new development isn't bad, anyway. Somehow, the arguments and counter-arguments are enlightening and educative.

But when we argue, let's try and show respect to one another. What's the essence of arguing with insults? It only shows the kind of people we are and it won't end up serving the good purpose of education, because such arguments don't end well. Let's respect one another even during times of hot arguments whether we believe in God or not; at least it shows our level of moral standard. America or no America, all is vanity! Let's encourage more people to come here with their questions or enquiries. Describing people, especially newbies, with words such as ''lazy'', etc. in my opinion isn't respectful at all. And pls, let's respect our country Nigeria too, especially those of you already outside Nigeria. No need throwing tantrums back to us here. Nigeria can still be great, and if it can't, let's not worsen the already bad situation with our own words.

Abeg, this is just my opinion o.
God bless you. ITK people plenty for here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Drocks:
the guy has only asked that he be directed to a thread about America schools but thinks he's on the wrong thread with all this una arguments sef. I am sure he's willing to ask some vital questions and see you trying to say he's lazy. Relax guy!

Maybe you should stop passing judgment and stay back here to help others?

You registered here 6yrs ago and since them you haven't contributed a single thing that benefited others apart from complaining.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by cuspy(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
Interesting Development!!! grin grin grin

#PassingBy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 3:05pm On Jan 15, 2017
Beelad:

I've been following this your conversation and I'm sorry to intrude but i honestly do not understand the basis of your argument. You Just seem to be countering Twoods points with "irrelevant" points and low-key insults "
why am I not surprised you can't comprehend my post, when people like you pray and cast and bind to get visas, why on earth would you comprehend freshman philosophy and Logic. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Beelad(f): 5:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
why am I not surprised you can't comprehend my post, when people like you pray and cast and bind to get visas, why on earth would you comprehend freshman philosophy and Logic. grin
It isn't a must for you to reply. You shouldn't just come up with that senseless conclusion just because you have nothing to say and you feel you should say something.
I don't have any word for you than have a wonderful week.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
Beelad:

It isn't a must for you to reply. You shouldn't just come up with that senseless conclusion just because you have nothing to say and you feel you should say something.
I don't have any word for you than have a wonderful week.
yeah, run along little one, your playmates await you grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by gbaby4live: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
yeah, run along little one, your playmates await you grin

#Funny @EZEIGBO1OFIMO...

Just try and chill bro.
#1<3
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by iekene(m): 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2017
For those stressing have enough money before coming at least one year semester fees, what is the minimum amount of money in naira one should have before coming to US, say u r going to stay in CA.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by TWoods(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
iekene:
For those stressing have enough money before coming at least one year semester fees, what is the minimum amount of money in naira one should have before coming to US, say u r going to stay in CA.

The most important thing is how much money you have accessible to you, like in a bank account, through your sponsors etc. $1000 - $2000 cash on hand should be ok for a month maybe. Why choose CA though? As a new student coming here first, it may be better to start off in a state with lower cost of living. But again, this is a personal opinion.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Olayinka15:

Can someone continue doing mmm Nigeria in U.S

Yes as long as you have internet and access to your account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 8:21pm On Jan 15, 2017
signature2012:

Why you dey hmmmmm.....Say your mind bro.

The reason is that you cant get it easy and fast here because people here get this done once in a while and when they have what to offer out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by pennstate(m): 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2017
Walspring:

Yes as long as you have internet and access to your account

I think issue of Bank Statement will be a problem, should in case someone upload fake POP.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 by Walspring: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2017
OluDare01:

Same way I told someone the truth and he said I'm too blunt. The thing is people dont wanna hear the truth, they prefer agents that would feed them with lies

That's some people for you, i faced alot here most times via pm even when helping to book cheap flight.. grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (386) (387) (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) ... (405)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.