Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) (31567 Views)

Mother And Child Die After Falling Into A Well In Adamawa (Disturbing Photo) / Man Places ‘magun’ On Wife, Tumbles Twice After Falling Victim / Couple Welcomes Set Of Twins Twice In Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by adimx(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yieldings:
It's just appalling that Doctors in Nigeria won't treat patients without being paid first. She needed blood after falling into the pit the first time but she was rejected by 4 hospitals in total, because they didn't have the money for treatment. The Doctor at the last hospital blatantly told her husband to take her home and come back when they have the money for her treatment. This was the same Doctor who told her she needed blood. That is just crazy! Why not treat her first? angry angry angry

Nigeria medical sector needs re-orientation. Doctors in Nigeria have no value for human lives. May God save us from those that should save lifes.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by kan12(m): 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2016
That old woman in her village is Responsible for this.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Gkemz: 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
The story is very pathetic. What an untimely death at 23. May her soul rest in peace. The owner of the soak away should be held responsible for his negligence to safety. I pity the the unmarried husband who will have to fulfill the post mortem marriage rites before burying her according to tradition. My heartfelt condolences to her family who lost their lovely daughter at a very young age.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by domopps(m): 3:38pm On Aug 13, 2016
mrlaw93:
Summary: A pregnant woman falls and died in a pit.

Thank you for the eng! grin

Cheeeeeers
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Oluwaseyi456(m): 3:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
[b][/b]KOTO AIYE

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by thorpido(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ishilove:

No, there are two pits, side by side. She fell into one earlier in the week, and fell into the other which claimed her life.

Truth is there is more to this than meets the eye. The landlord was also negligent because he didn't cover up the pits despite having residents in the building.

Wasters have wasted this young woman. God keep us from blood suckers.
Lagos landlords can be so carefree.How do you leave a house that you let out with such pits and not care to cover it up?

Pregnant women ought to be prayerful.Indeed there are wasters.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Ishilove: 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
thorpido:
Lagos landlords can be so carefree.How do you leave a house that you let out with such pits and not care to cover it up?

Pregnant women ought to be prayerful.Indeed there are wasters.
Not just pregnant women, human beings generally.

Tell me what this girl or her boyfriend have that they would want to waste her life like this? They were living in poverty, so what else, apart the foetus?

It's just tragic, really.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Godwin978(m): 4:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
that pit should ve been covered in the first place

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by thorpido(m): 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yieldings:
It's just appalling that Doctors in Nigeria won't treat patients without being paid first. She needed blood after falling into the pit the first time but she was rejected by 4 hospitals in total, because they didn't have the money for treatment. The Doctor at the last hospital blatantly told her husband to take her home and come back when they have the money for her treatment. This was the same Doctor who told her she needed blood and obviously knowing she was also pregnant. That is just crazy! Why not treat her first? angry angry angry
Private hospitals can never run well without money being an important thing to consider.How do you settle electricity bills,diesel or petrol,gen servicing and repairs,consumables for the hospitals and pay staff salaries?
There should be a humane face to treatment and hospitals should give first aid at least before sending patients away but if hospitals don't collect money before treatment,most of the bills will end up as bad debts.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by PrincessAnna: 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2016
domopps:
This is too long.......Wahee!

RIP to the dead

Cheeeeeers
I don't think you know what cheers means. Why are people this dvmb?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Zikdik(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yieldings:
It's just appalling that Doctors in Nigeria won't treat patients without being paid first. She needed blood after falling into the pit the first time but she was rejected by 4 hospitals in total, because they didn't have the money for treatment. The Doctor at the last hospital blatantly told her husband to take her home and come back when they have the money for her treatment. This was the same Doctor who told her she needed blood and obviously knowing she was also pregnant. That is just crazy! Why not treat her first? angry angry angry
Hospitals are not charity organizations, unless so stated. There have been numerous cases of private hospitals going out of business because they offered repeated "charitable" credit facilities to save ungrateful lives. Nigerians are chronic debtors. Doctors are not superhuman. They need to support their families.
I'm a medical student. When I establish my practice in the future, payment for my services will come before anything.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by thorpido(m): 4:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ishilove:

Not just pregnant women, human beings generally.

Tell me what this girl or her boyfriend have that they would want to waste her life like this? They were living in poverty, so what else, apart the foetus?

It's just tragic, really.
Wicked people don't just target the rich.Sometimes poor people fight each other.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by emmyblow: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
This Carelessness Fall Inside Pit Twice, May Be Na Retualist Stoff. Pretty Lady Rest In Peace
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by rabex123(m): 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
SafeAlhaji:
You mean kulun nafsi zaika tu l maut?
exactly broda.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2016
Please stay out of the profession. It is not your calling.

Zikdik:

Hospitals are not charity organizations, unless so stated. There have been numerous cases of private hospitals going out of business because they offered repeated "charitable" credit facilities to save ungrateful lives. Nigerians are chronic debtors. Doctors are not superhuman. They need to support their families.
I'm a medical student. When I establish my practice in the future, payment for my services will come before anything.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Mubby4luv(m): 4:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
I guess once bitten, twice shy is not everyone's thing. RIP
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Atilas(m): 4:39pm On Aug 13, 2016
O lord cover us from d darkness embarassedO lord cover us from d darkness

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Zikdik(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yieldings:
Please stay out of the profession. It is not your calling.

Let me be the judge of that. I'm tired of reading comments by individuals who assume the position of the judge of right and wrong and impose compulsory philanthropy on medical practitioners because they're supposed to save lives. Engineers save lives too.
If a particular road is prone to fatal accidents and needs reconstruction, will the construction company rebuild it for free to save lives? Remove your prejudicial goggles and apply reason.
If you're so passionate about saving lives without a cost, enrol in the program and bag your license.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by dowjones(m): 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
Yieldings:

Lol.. see emotions!!
Debt is the number one killer of hospitals.. debt!

That's why the government. Is heavily involved in the health sector in developed economies. A government hospital would have considered her.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by kelvinkosi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 13, 2016
Kai ! The home based witches are succeeding eeehhhhh....

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by anyicash(m): 4:45pm On Aug 13, 2016
When i tell people that poverty kills faster than a bullet. they seem not to understand me.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by swiffy(f): 4:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
Quite a pity, RIP 2 the wife n 2 d baby Boy
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by tottinova: 4:50pm On Aug 13, 2016
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by LORDOFTHEOSU: 4:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hmmm..... angry

Buchi Eze ........The couple shared a rented room in an uncompleted building on Akinola Street in Lusada community, Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State, until the incident.

I thought these 'reach men' only stay in banana iceland in Lagos? Hmmmm angry

Anyway, RIP pretty Lady and i pray Your partner gets the funds he requires for the rites
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Dr9ce(m): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
Two recurrent episodes of fall within days..looks like eclampsia, not uncommon among primigravidas ( first time pregnancy) , the fact that the pregnancy was well over 20 weeks even makes it more likely. She must have had a second seizure, probably with HELLP syndrome which may explain the bleeding. Women, please whenever you are pregnant register for ANC and insist on your BP check and urinalysis. It's quite unfortunate. May her soul be awakened to joyous activities in the world beyond.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by saintrita(f): 5:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
This is so painful. Rip to blessing nd the unborn baby..
May such tragedy never be our portion in jesus name

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by AuroraB(f): 6:00pm On Aug 13, 2016
Which kain onwunwa be dis Eheeehn, why did you not pay her bride-price before bringing her into your home Mr. Man, if na your daughter, you go like am? Not even some drinks and respectfully tell the Dad you will be back? You just zoomed off and wham! You put her in the family way If you weren't from Imo State I would have thought you didn't know but you are aware. They've got you by the balls and that money must come out as they did to one of my kinsmen sad back then. Terrible something shocked
And the women should stop the rascality aaaah aaaah! What with the carelessness undecided. In some cases the Mama no go come Omugwo make her ancestors no snatch her. So, why do this? Why the hurry
RIP to the baby sad

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
R.I.P blessing, how I wish there is account numberif one need to help

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Ishilove: 7:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
thorpido:
Wicked people don't just target the rich.Sometimes poor people fight each other.
Poor people fight themselves because of wickedness.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Ishilove: 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
Eco2580:
R.I.P blessing, how I wish there is account numberif one need to help
Maybe you could contact the journalist who carried the story

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Bathes Husband With Hot Water Over Breakfast / Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.