Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) (31568 Views)

Mother And Child Die After Falling Into A Well In Adamawa (Disturbing Photo) / Man Places ‘magun’ On Wife, Tumbles Twice After Falling Victim / Couple Welcomes Set Of Twins Twice In Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
“I almost died when I realised that she was dead,” he said.
“I started thinking of so many things. I understand the Igbo culture and I knew I was in trouble since I had not formalised the union, although; I had her mother’s permission to bring her to Lagos. My family and hers are in the East. My family has gone to her family house in the village but her family said they would not say anything till they see their daughter’s body.
“The family is saying that I should bring her body and that has further compounded my problem. They have accused me of killing their daughter and that because we had not formalised the union, I would have to marry her, do the traditional marriage, pay her dowry and perform everything I was expected to do if she was alive. Blessing and I had planned to travel to the East in December to start preparations to formalise the union
What kinda nonsensical and wicked culture is this?
I keep saying it that the igbo culture is insensitive and greedy, that's why they're never united and can never speak with one voice.
Think of how much the poor man would have to cough out for dowry and bride price, certainly running into hundreds of thousands. This is gross wickedness.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Dr9ce:
Two recurrent episodes of fall within days..looks like eclampsia, not uncommon among primigravidas ( first time pregnancy) , the fact that the pregnancy was well over 20 weeks even makes it more likely. She must have had a second seizure, probably with HELLP syndrome which may explain the bleeding. Women, please whenever you are pregnant register for ANC and insist on your BP check and urinalysis. It's quite unfortunate. May her soul be awakened to joyous activities in the world beyond.
Chief I don't think an eclamptic fit would transport her from her bed into a pit some meters away. If it were eclampsia, the doctor wouldn't have simply told them they needed blood and requested for 20k, he would have let them understand that the only definitive treatment is delivery (Ofcus by CS) which would surely cost no less than 80k in that part of Ogun state.
Considering the position in which they found her, the orificial bleeding could have been occasioned by ruptured uterus, ruptured IVC and / amniotic embolism.
The most likely differentials I would entertain are :
> Severe Anemia in pregnancy ? cause
> Idiopathic psychosis/disorientation in pregnancy
> Mystical involvement.
However I agree with you that ANC is very Important to preventing such funny occurrences, and ANC sef is cheap
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by cococandy(f): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2016
Poor baby embarassed
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2016
Ishilove:

Maybe you could contact the journalist who carried the story

Ok I wil do that, thank you
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Orikinla(m): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
She was an unfortunate victim of poverty.

Poor people should not be allowed to have children until they can prove they can provide for them.

The description of the environment is even heart breaking.
Why should the pits be left uncovered?

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by haryomikun(m): 4:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Ishilove:

No, there are two pits, side by side. She fell into one earlier in the week, and fell into the other which claimed her life.

Truth is there is more to this than meets the eye. The landlord was also negligent because he didn't cover up the pits despite having residents in the building.

Wasters have wasted this young woman. God keep us from blood suckers.
Wasters grin

Mfm members ehn
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by nwamehn: 6:11am On Aug 14, 2016
Ishilove:

No, there are two pits, side by side. She fell into one earlier in the week, and fell into the other which claimed her life.

Truth is there is more to this than meets the eye. The landlord was also negligent because he didn't cover up the pits despite having residents in the building.

Wasters have wasted this young woman. God keep us from blood suckers.

In sane climes, that landlord would have been facing litigations by now.

1 Like

Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Ishilove: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2016
nwamehn:

In sane climes, that landlord would have been facing litigations by now.
True that, unfortunately Nigeria is the quintessence of insanity
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by mccoy80: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
mrlaw93:
Summary: A pregnant woman falls and died in a pit.
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by nwamehn: 10:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Ishilove:
True that, unfortunately Nigeria is the quintessence of insanity

That's it naah. So sad!
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Askseek(f): 1:49am On Aug 15, 2016
Yieldings:
It's just appalling that Doctors in Nigeria won't treat patients without being paid first. She needed blood after falling into the pit the first time but she was rejected by 4 hospitals in total, because they didn't have the money for treatment. The Doctor at the last hospital blatantly told her husband to take her home and come back when they have the money for her treatment. This was the same Doctor who told her she needed blood and obviously knowing she was also pregnant. That is just crazy! Why not treat her first? angry angry angry

How exactly do you want the dr to provide the transfusion she needed? He should pay for it out of his pocket? The dr provided some treatment. Pt needed a transfusion, do you think they keep blood in the refrigerator?
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by YaksonFCA(m): 5:11am On Aug 15, 2016
RIP
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Dr9ce(m): 9:05am On Aug 17, 2016
sapiosexual1:

Chief I don't think an eclamptic fit would transport her from her bed into a pit some meters away. If it were eclampsia, the doctor wouldn't have simply told them they needed blood and requested for 20k, he would have let them understand that the only definitive treatment is delivery (Ofcus by CS) which would surely cost no less than 80k in that part of Ogun state.
Considering the position in which they found her, the orificial bleeding could have been occasioned by ruptured uterus, ruptured IVC and / amniotic embolism.
The most likely differentials I would entertain are :
> Severe Anemia in pregnancy ? cause
> Idiopathic psychosis/disorientation in pregnancy
> Mystical involvement.
However I agree with you that ANC is very Important to preventing such funny occurrences, and ANC sef is cheap
Well, I guess u read this part “The doctor said he would remove the baby to try to save her and I said no problem, let my woman just be okay,” Eze continued
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Makapounse(m): 7:17pm On Feb 20, 2017
It's just appalling that Doctors in Nigeria won't treat patients without being paid first. She needed blood after falling into the pit the first time but she was rejected by 4 hospitals in total, because they didn't have the money for treatment. The Doctor at the last hospital blatantly told her husband to take her home and come back when they have the money for her treatment. This was the same Doctor who told her she needed blood and obviously knowing she was also pregnant. That is just crazy! Why not treat her first? angry angry angry
the same doctor gave the husband 7000 naira to take her corpse to the east in the name of help
Re: Pregnant Woman Dies After Falling Inside Pits Twice In One Week (pics) by Makapounse(m): 7:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
Askseek:

How exactly do you want the dr to provide the transfusion she needed? He should pay for it out of his pocket? The dr provided some treatment. Pt needed a transfusion, do you think they keep blood in the refrigerator?
the doctor can not give her blood from blood bank, but he can afford to help her husband by given him 7000 naira to take wife's corpse to the east, campaign after election

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Twin Musicians, Tagwayen Asali, Wed Identical Twin Sisters On The Same Day / Woman Bathes Husband With Hot Water Over Breakfast / What's The Kindest Thing A Stranger Had Ever Done To You Before

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.