Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! (1519 Views)

Nigeria's Army Chief Brutal Buratai Brutalised On BBC Hardtalk / See Babatunde Fashola's Reaction When Benin Republic's Minister Hugged Him Tigh / Fashola Interviewed On BBC Hardtalk (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 11:14am On Aug 13, 2016
Just watched the interview and I was full of immense appreciation for the excellent performance of Babatunde Fashola.
Wow!!
For those who never watched, I advice you to do so, it's only people people who do so that can understand how this great patriot performed excellently in this interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFRTJ3YLv7A

5 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by slimfit1(m): 11:29am On Aug 13, 2016
He responded well to the questions asked if only our tv stations could be bold enough to ask similar questions it would be nice.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 11:31am On Aug 13, 2016
1 Sincerity (9.5/10):
Unlike in the past, where Nigerian officials lie brazenly in the International media,for example, GEJ once lied on CNN that power had improved and Amanpour had to tell him straight to his face that he was lying.In FASHOLA's case, he never denied the present low megawatts and stated in clear terms direct national practical strategy of adopting mixed forms of power generation and obligation of government to protect national assets being sabotaged to frustrate power generation.
Most listeners who patiently listen to him from the beginning to the end could read him and his honesty radiates.At no point in the interview did he contradict himself.This is one way to discover someone who is lying.For example,when Eze Onyekpere was quoted to have claimed no project was ongoing, he never denied it but stated verifiable locations of projects ongoing and Nigerians and the interviewer never controverted it. He even made an excuse for the unprofessional manner Sakur made the quote by not referencing the date.
On sincerity, he scored 9.5/10

7 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Raydos: 11:35am On Aug 13, 2016
It's very strange when a Pastor on Tv prays and raises his hands and everyone in the church falls down except the Camera Man...

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by blackpanda: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2016
Immediately some people read/watch this, their brains starts searching for other ways, any way to attack Fashola grin

5 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2016
2.Patriotism(10/10):
One of the strongest point of this interview by Babatunde Fashola is his excellent display of patriotism. He's a Nigerian patriot to the core. When Sakur was arrogantly quoting the loquacious former British Prime Minister of referring to Nigeria as "fantastically corrupt ",Babatunde Fashola in a most brazen and patriotic manner ,stripped David Cameron of any diplomatic courtesies and stated unequivocally that David Cameron was speaking "tongue in cheek " and reminded the world that the British government led by Cameron is an accomplice to the crime by receiving stolen money. The embarrassment to the British government was clearly written on the face of Sakur.I would love those yet to watch the video to look at Sakur's countenance that moment Fashola stated that David was talking tongue in cheek. Another patriotic display was when Sakur tried to fault fashola for saying that Nigeria would use Carbon for power generation when the world is cutting down on carbon generation in the environment, Fashola was unapologetic in his response that "we have to survive first as a people before we think of the rest of the world".This is the kind of response the likes of Russian president, Vladimir Putin will give. And when he defended the anticorruption performance of the executive arm of government, he tried not to wash the dirty linen of the legislature and judiciary arms of government because he was talking to an international audience that will struggle with identifying the difference. We know that the other two arms of government have done horribly in the fight against corruption but the Patriot FASHOLA still protected the nation's brand. And on foreign direct flow reduction, he stated that with global economy downturn, other nationals are reducing their investments to their native countries and Nigerians should be allowed to do same, once Nigerians invest in their own economy, the rest of the world will then follow. On this Fashola scored 10/10

5 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Flexherbal(m): 11:58am On Aug 13, 2016
He spoke very well .

2 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
3.Composure(8/10)
This is where he did creditably well as well.I would have scored him a 10/10 but I have seen leaders with better composure and many people watching this interview may not be familiar with the temperament of Babatunde Fashola who is always serious about every issue.I remember that in one of his interviews he granted as a governor of Lagos State Governor,he was sincere to confess that his wife had told him to smile more because his face has a permanent feature of seriousness. So the strong point of his facial skills is seriousness but this sometimes connote that he's permanently under pressure. But clearly,Sakur just elicited more of that trait in him and no time did he pretend or deviate from his personality most of us Lagosians know him for. Fashola is a no nonsense person any day.If you love interviews with spice of humor, this interview will disappoint you. I will score Fashola 8/10 on this.

6 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 12:16pm On Aug 13, 2016
4.Knowledge of the subject. 10/10
He scored 10/10 here because the interviewer was weak on the knowledge of the current state of affairs in the three ministry headed by Fashola. There's no way I could have scored Fashola 10/10 here if the Sakur had asked about the cases of estimated billing and why every home is yet to get prepaid meter after all that's not caused by the bombing of gas pipelines , useless monopoly by government still holding 100% control on transmission,MDAs indebtedness, the allegation that he recommended a lawyer to head a technical agency like NERDC, his failure to recommend the adoption of that great Lagos tenancy law at the national level,issue of the old federal secretariat edifice wasting away in Ikoyi etc.
So by no fault of his, Sakur asked him 'cheapey' questions on road revamping and his revolutionary approach to get the problem of power behind us he aced it. Consequently,he scored 10/10

5 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2016
5.Eloquence (9/10).
He was just brilliant with all his responses on almost all the questions asked and he was far far ahead of his interviewer in clarity and I almost gave him 10/10 until I repeatedly listened to his response to the allegation of paying N700 million to build a packing lot in front of his office and N100 million for website, I think he should have a definite response to that allegation. I was expecting him to defend himself like he did before the national assembly, for God sake, this allegation peddled against him has no personal indictment on him, he should be fair enough to the audience to communicate this. If this complaint keep arising, he owes the public the responsibility of reminding them of the complexity of these projects, the duration covered by the projects,the obligation he has to comply with the budget processes and government officials with mandates to recommend this projects to him for approval. I believe that he didn't personally benefit from the cash paid for these projects and he has not been indicted so he should communicate his innocence eloquently. Next time, if he repeats this mistake, I will give him a zero in eloquence, I swear!

5 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2016
6.Intelligence(10/10)
Fashola exudes intelligence and apart from his legacy of being hardworking, he would be remembered as a very very intelligent person. As I watched him, I remembered Tinubu,Late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr Oby Ezekwelizi(when she was defending the Obasanjo policy on unity schools), Henry Olujimi Boyo,Dr Junaid, Mallam El-Rufai, Prof Soludo, Ogbeni Aregbesola and a host of very brilliant Nigerians.
That FASHOLA could answer all the questions asked was a direct result of his intelligence and he made no pretense about his high I. Q.It is no brainer that even his harshest critics know that most of them and their political Heros would never have performed better or more intelligent than FASHOLA.
From Maiduguri to Enugu to Ibadan to Abuja, he's diligently applied his knowledge to the brief, he's been given. I give him 10/10

5 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
7.Humility(10/10)
He scored 10/10 here because he still allowed the interviewer to dictate the flow,he ignored the arrogance and snide rude remarks of Sakur,for example ,Sakur referred to him as "so-called" Super Minister but a humble FASHOLA just let it slide and when described as powerful person because he's in charge of three ministries, a humble FASHOLA said he's just a minister and instead of Sakur seeing him as powerful, he considered himself as "responsible " which itself comes with accountability. This kind of commendable conduct is taught and learnt from childhood among the Yoruba stock he comes from as the philosophy or embodiment of "Omoluabi".
Throughout the interview, he has no airs about him, insulted no-one and stuck to issues with verifiable facts.
I'm sure if his late dad was watching that interview, he would be very proud of his son who despite his education, knowledge and achievement remained humble, accountable and committed to his fatherland. Fashola is a thoroughbred 'Omoluabi'

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by llade(m): 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2016
I think he tried.

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by wristbangle: 1:04pm On Aug 13, 2016
Prof lalasticlala sorry for bothering you, I think this thread deserves more views sir

Sentiments aside if he is not living up to Nigerians expectation, he did an excellent job in the interview. If asked to score him, I will rate him 9/10.

3 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2016
6.Overall performance : 9.5/10
This is 95% in percentile and clearly an excellent score performance. This interview just confirmed his critics wrong and instead of hating him, he is clearly a man dedicated to his job and his country. He is an asset to any organization and President Buhari made no mistake in assigning three ministries to him.
Congratulations 'Fash Baba ',you have done us proud once again.I pray God bless you with more wisdom, great health and long life to witness the fruits of your life of sacrifice and patriotism.
My sincere regards to your amiable wife,my former first lady.
CC Myndd44 ,lalastica, Seun

3 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by drss2(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
hahahahahahahahha grin damage control panadol from lagos ibadan zombie news network just as i expected. grin
anyway, dis thread will never change d fact dat fashola/70million website man was ROASTED on BBC Hardtalk.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by ddippset(m): 1:09pm On Aug 13, 2016
Don't mind the tanoids sorry wailers.

2 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by ashjay001(m): 1:11pm On Aug 13, 2016
Businessideas:
6.Intelligence(10/10)
Fashola exudes intelligence and apart from his legacy of being hardworking, he would be remembered as a very very intelligent person. As I watched him, I remembered Tinubu,Late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo, Dr Oby Ezekwelizi(when she was defending the Obasanjo policy on unity schools), Henry Olujimi Boyo,Dr Junaid, Mallam El-Rufai, Prof Soludo, Ogbeni Aregbesola and a host of very brilliant Nigerians.
That FASHOLA could answer all the questions asked was a direct result of his intelligence and he made no pretense about his high I. Q.It is no brainer that even his harshest critics know that most of them and their political Heros would never have performed better or more intelligent than FASHOLA.
From Maiduguri to Enugu to Ibadan to Abuja, he's diligently applied his knowledge to the brief, he's been given. I give him 10/10

I think u need to visit d other thread on ds same video! I'm still wondering if they different videos!? Though u're both agreed he didn't ans d website question competently.
Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by policy12: 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
On sincerity...

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by buharisbae(f): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2016
I agree with the op he did excellently but I really pitied the man even the journalist was really annoying I felt like slapping the goat angry he won't even let him reply the question finish they were hutting him hard

and the ending part where he was asked about the website

HE IS REALLY AN AWFUL LIAR HE SHOULD COME AND MEET ME LET ME TEACH HIM grin
Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by SonofDevil: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lalasticlacla where re thou.??

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by SonofDevil: 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
Even though Some never do well miscreants from ugu republic tried to rubbish his effort, he deserve praise .

2 Likes

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by BlackPeni5: 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Lol...A feeble attempt to defend the defenceless. Why not give Fashola 110% so we can rest.

Keep celebrating mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2016
Guess what?

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by jieta: 2:53pm On Aug 13, 2016
t
Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2016
BlackPeni5:
Lol...A feeble attempt to defend the defenceless. Why not give Fashola 110% so we can rest.

Where's the mediocrity displayed by Fashola throughout the interview? The only mediocrity in the interview is the one displayed by the interviewer,Sakur!!Imagine him quoting the loquacious Former British Prime Minister, David Cameron, even after the David Cameron had apologized and Buhari had given a sincere/frank response. He could have cited any of the recent corruption cases like Dambazzau,Dogara,Saraki(although Fashola would not want to comment on the Saraki corruption cases because it's already in court) or the exposed budget padding scenario. Sakur did a terribly poor mediocre job with his interview because he has a poor knowledge of current events in Nigeria and only a mediocre will praise him.
Fashola did excellently and the BBC hardtalk interview was just a walkover for him.

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by CltrAltDel: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2016
[s]
BlackPeni5:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Geniro: 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2016
BlackPeni5:

Abi oo !!
Re: BBC Hardtalk Interview:how Babatunde Fashola Performed Excellently!! by Businessideas: 7:59pm On Aug 13, 2016
Geniro:

Abi oo !!

Please provide evidence and facts based on the video,no follow follow please

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Split: Buhari & Dss In Propaganda Gone Sour---ipob Press Statement / Nigerians Will See True Change By 2018 – Vice President Osinbajo / Obasanjo's Prophetic Warning On The Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.