Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,192 members, 7,815,159 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. (8287 Views)

Do You Prefer Some Old Models Cars To Their Successors? / Flash Back 2006:Mazda Destroyed 4,703 Brand New Cars After Cargo Ship Accident / Top 10 Most Problematic Cars To Avoid When Buying A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Ikem11:
Ability to tell where someone took it to... Or locate the areas... Me I don't trust my son that boy they steal my cars at night go where me I don't know lol
Lol...
This already exists. Automobile trackers with expandable geo-fencing capability.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Perfecttouch(m): 7:29am On Aug 14, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Here's mine:

Auto drive.
Adaptive camouflage.
Stealth mode.
Air and water/underwater adaptability.
Missile launchers.
100% solar powered.
Bomb proof.
...To be continued.
you don over watch James Bond movies

1 Like

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by spass101(m): 7:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Do you remember those fidelity bank adverts?

What if you can chat (intelligent chat) with your car that can drive itself and runs on water?

lolz
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by wickedtuna: 7:34am On Aug 14, 2016
An ATM with free cash everyday grin
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by chiraqDemon(m): 7:35am On Aug 14, 2016
Sum years back i i think nissan or so were developing a type of sonar that would automatically let i know the distance between your car n the car in front of and behind u.....woulf automatically not let u get within a certain distance of them

Self driving cars exist but its just self parking ability right now

I just need transformers grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by ObaKlaz: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2016
Perfecttouch:
you don over watch James Bond movies
*lol* Wouldn't be bad if I own a car with those kick-a*ss functions tho. grin
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by tempem: 7:48am On Aug 14, 2016
Dreamwaker:
A car should produce oxygen from the exhaust instead of CO2
Waoh!! This is sweet.. Is this possible?

1 Like

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2016
buharisbae:
It must fly grin

It must exhaust dollar from the exhaust pipe grin

It must travel on water grin

It must be able to gist with me grin

It must be able to drive on its own

Because of the guy below it must be able to detect a broke ass nigga angry

Release Dollars from its exhaust(s)? Ole! cheesy grin grin
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Eazybay(m): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2016
I think a car dat can jack up on its own without having to use d screw jack..
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Kiakia(m): 8:19am On Aug 14, 2016
Silly post. I thought you wanted to highlight top of the notch functions. The two you listed are pedestrian. No big deal. Only a lazy driver will want those functions added. Not practicable though!
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by MadCow1: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2016
tempem:
Funny, right? cheesy Silly? grin
Don't mind me.. That's what came to my mind.. And I thought it might be fine.... wink wink

Yes, that thought came to me just a few hours ago. cheesy cheesy
So, questions came coming, questions like:
What if it's practicable?
What if what We thought on could be tested out?
Are there cars with those functions?
I hope they aren't too weird?

Granted, some functions some exotic cars had today were ones someone's dreams/thoughts.. wink

Auto experts, geeks, physicists, come in and check if they are practicable or not.
I only thought of two, presently.
Please drop yours. grin grin
My own fantasy functions are:

1. If a car could be made to drive itself on a straight route for few minutes, thus enabling someone else to handle the steering..

Reason: There are times you'll really be tired on the steering and you will want someone else to take charge but you wouldn't want to stop the car, so, if this technique can be developed, I think one would do that without stopping the engine from working.
cheesy possible or weird? Silly? cheesy

2. If a car is designed to tell you how close a car behind you is and how near a car trying to overtake you is.

Reason Will this not relieve you of checking both the side mirror and the rear mirror? To be frank, doing that at times takes few seconds of our attention.. If this is done.. That's sure a big comfort!! wink cheesy

Am done!
Drop your own function, what you'll really love a car to have. wink wink
And if you think am silly, abeg tell me oh.. grin grin

The functions you call fantasy are all there in some vehicles today.

There are BMWs, Rang Rovers and Mercedes that will track the speed of the vehicle in front of you and maintain that speed. Using GPS, it will track the speed and tangent of that vehicle and will up and slow down and stop all on its own using that vehicle ahead of you are it guide. It would even adjust for terrain difference all on its own and automatically adjust your suspension for a smoother ride.. Also, if a vehicle is on either side of your vehicle behind, there is a Jaguar that will vibrate your seat in the direction of the vehicle either left or right side depending and your side mirrors will light up..

So change your fantasy to money to afford these cars cos they exist.

1 Like

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by yahmohy27: 8:24am On Aug 14, 2016
I will love a car to have what can detect danger(bandit) even from two kilometre away or something of such and should be using water as its fuel
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Marv650(m): 8:24am On Aug 14, 2016
A car that can detect the silly idiot that fart inside my car.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by tempem: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2016
MadCow1:

There are BMWs, Rang Rovers and Mercedes that will track the speed of the vehicle in front of you and maintain that speed. Using GPS, it will track the speed and tangent of that vehicle and will up and slow down and stop all on its own using that vehicle ahead of you are it guide. It would even adjust for terrain difference all on its own and automatically adjust your suspension for a smoother ride.. Also, if a vehicle is on either side of your vehicle behind, there is a Jaguar that will vibrate your seat in the direction of the vehicle either left or right side depending and your side mirrors will light up..

Madcow1 grin grin
Though, I earlier asked if there are cars with those functions? wink
But love your comprehensive details.. Might Google them up.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by MadCow1: 8:35am On Aug 14, 2016
tempem:

Madcaow1. grin grin
Though, I earlier asked if there are cars with those functions? wink
But love your comprehensive details.. Might Google them up.

I saw them test a BMW on Top Gear that the Stig (the tame racing driver) raced around the course and after they stopped, the BMW raced around the course at top speed all on its own..

Play the link below and be marvelled..

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DWsnKzK6dX8Q&ved=0ahUKEwigspmzssDOAhXDfhoKHWD_DYYQtwIIRTAK&usg=AFQjCNE4-yTSIqu4IYph9QM6c-35xkLqNg
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by seangy4konji: 8:39am On Aug 14, 2016
Door would not open if the girl you are about to carry has std or HIV or any disease or yamayama for body.

Engine won't start if the lady you want to drive miles to pick is a Cheater.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by kenmaro: 8:44am On Aug 14, 2016
Car Softwares (TCM/ECU) update over wifi or GSM network with each car having a built-in sim card slot connected to the ECU & TCM which would be activated once the car is in use and it updates automatically whenever the car manufacturer releases any new update on that car model software. And the sim card slot could as well serve as a pre-installed tracking device for the car too.

Reasons: Car software issues will be resolved easily & cheaper by the car user, no need of going about looking for a software technician to fix your car software issues. Some supposed car transmission issues would be resolved easily over the air software update not minding your location so long the car has a network connection just like the way mobile phones are being updated. Guess work by quack mechanics/technicians will be reduced in places like Nigeria where there are shortage of good mechanics/technicians. It will also improve the car manufacturer after sales service assurance to the user as there would be direct contact with the user whenever there is any update on the car softwares.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by alpontif(m): 9:00am On Aug 14, 2016
tempem:
Don't mind me.. That's what came to my mind.. And I thought it might be fine.... wink wink

Granted, some functions some exotic cars had today were ones someone's dreams/thoughts.. wink

Auto experts, geeks, physicists, come in and check if they are practicable or not.

1. If a car could be made to drive itself on a straight route for few minutes, thus enabling someone else to handle the steering..

Reason: There are times you'll really be tired on the steering and you will want someone else to take charge but you wouldn't want to stop the car, so, if this technique can be developed, I think one would do that without stopping the engine from working.

2. If a car is designed to tell you how close a car behind you is and how near a car trying to overtake you is.

Reason Will this not relieve you of checking both the side mirror and the rear mirror? To be frank, doing that at times takes few seconds of our attention.. If this is done.. That's sure a big comfort!! wink cheesy

Am done!

No 1: This Exists already, check this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-02b2ooLY

No 2: This also Exists already, Check youtube for the review of any of the latest mercedes benz cars, S class especially

1 Like

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 14, 2016
tempem:

Am done!
op u shld check d 2016 mecerdes c450 AMG
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Haywhymido(m): 9:13am On Aug 14, 2016
ObaKlaz:
Here's mine:
Auto drive. Adaptive camouflage. Stealth mode. Air and water/underwater adaptability. Missile launchers. 100% solar powered. Bomb proof. Voice recognition. Bluetooth, Hotspot connectivity. Satelite communication. ...To be continued.
007 things
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by ObaKlaz: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2016
Haywhymido:
007 things
...No time, oga mi! grin
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by mejai(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2016
I need one dat will be able to spot a kazzem and shout blood of Jesus. I ain't going in der.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by embee3(m): 9:47am On Aug 14, 2016
I saw this movie titled 'Night Rider', the car used in that movie is exactly what I want in a new generation car. The AI is outstanding.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 14, 2016
MadCow1:

just follow tesla
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by rollexsmith: 10:01am On Aug 14, 2016
A front and rear camera strategically positioned to capture the four tyres of the car so the driver can at all times see the condition of his tyres without stopping.

1 Like

Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by mayoralex(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2016
tempem:

Am done!
the all new mecerdes Benz s400 full spec has the number 2 feature u mentioned... Here in Malaysia,the starting price of the car is$150,000 (47.7 million naira)
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Ezyp(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2016
zingzang:
a shape shifting car will do just fine

also,imagine if a car uses air instead of fuel water or diesel
Cars as well as generators uses the principle of combustion. Air is one of the principle so if you take away others and air is left, how would combustion take place?
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Chuukwudi(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2016
eleojo23:
The ability to detect and fly over hold-ups especially in cities like Lagos.

Oops! Air crashes will increase... fast and furious things in the air...

But let them invent that function first then we will worry about air crashes later...grin

IEEE and other govt and tech regulatory bodies won't permit that. Flying cars already exist.

Assuming you buy a flying car now, I'm sure you'll change to flight mode once you sight Road safety or police officers thus evading the government law.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Chuukwudi(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Dreamwaker:
A car should produce oxygen from the exhaust instead of CO2

So long as the vehicle uses an organic fuel, This is theoretically impossible. There'll be excess waste of energy and carbon residue. Assuming you use the laser method . Laser needs high voltages. It'll be a waste of Electrical power.
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by yetunsbay(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2016
to turn into aeroplane at any fucking moment
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by yetunsbay(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2016
Chuukwudi:

IEEE and other govt and tech regulatory bodies won't permit that. Flying cars already exist.

Assuming you buy a flying car now, I'm sure you'll change to flight mode once you sight Road safety or police officers thus evading the government law.
then we hv Air force/ FRSC combo stationed amidst air ....lol
Re: List Out Functions You'll Want New Cars To Have. by Chuukwudi(m): 10:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Namzy:
Car with state of the art AI, that detects when I enter regardless of who has the keys to aid in car jacking, greets me by my ist name, can take over driving in emergencies or when am tired, can tell me car faults and how to fix yes including drive train faults. And uses affordable renewable energy.

Perfect. You remind me of "Captain America - The winter soldier".

You also forgot to add bullet proof and armed - having secret guns everywhere -.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Understand Your Brake System / Bad Or Failing Fuel Pump? These Maybe The Causes / Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.