Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix (19438 Views)

BBNaija: Ehiozuwa Johnson Agbonayinma Endorses CeeC / "The Wedding Party" Loses N200Million To Piracy / Big Brother Naija: Lai Mohammed Directs NBC To Investigate Location Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 13, 2016
Great move by d administration.. LAI can do other things other than lying afterall..

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by bigtt76(f): 10:46pm On Aug 13, 2016
How bar code wan take prevent piracy kwanu? Even Netflix videos are being pirated and you think digitization would help? The only solution is for government to make the economy vibrant where everyone is comfortable Trust me no one would want to buy printed things or even resort to piracy as a business.

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by sammyclassics(m): 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
If they want to stop piracy, then start producing seasonal films and add to o2tvseries.com at least people will patronise them and when last did I even scan my messenger code?
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by ahamonyeka(m): 11:41pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hope he does not deny it tomorrow.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by faitheverest(f): 12:04am On Aug 14, 2016
Agadi nwoke

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by Truckpusher(m): 12:36am On Aug 14, 2016
2016 AD our govt is still talking about archaic Barcode ? And some people like hungerbad are jubilating over it ? Seriously ?

Smh

I give up ...

1 Like

Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by matrixme(m): 4:05am On Aug 14, 2016
Not that it is not a great idea o, but abeg please who fit help a brother out? I need a lot of Hollywood movies on my hard drive, I'm in Lekki/Ajah axis of the Island.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by Nobody: 6:18am On Aug 14, 2016
oluwagream:
Unbelievable! In 2016, these guys are still talking about barcoding CDs. This is why we need young, vibrant, tech-savy guys in every department, agency and ministry in Nigeria. This idea is dead on arrival, for few reasons.
1. No one buys C.Ds again.: seriously, when was the last time anybody purchased a physical copy of Nollywood films? Haven't they heard of youtube? Or irokotv? e.t.c. Dont tell me that they also plan to Barcode irokotv movies and our Bluetooths/wifi. Looool.

2. Barcoding is an outdated concept : Thess days, we are talking about end-to-end encryption of data; just like what whatsapp recently introduced to its messaging platform
. I doubt if any of these guys @ the meeting know what that even means. In this era of torrenting.

3. Verifying authentic CDs will be cumbersome and cost ineffective.

4. At the end of the day, billions of naira will be wasted on this dumb idea, and next year, another dumb idea will come up. Ill stop here, because i don dey dose up. I know most of us have more reasons.

As a Nigerian, it hurts to see that these are the kind of people at the helm of power. Little wonder is it, that they cannot come up with innovative ideas to steer the crumbling economy.
Fellow nairalanders, Archaic policies must stop, period!
Well, the same politicians from the 80s are the ones there now
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by Brayss(m): 7:02am On Aug 14, 2016
grin Thanks God i was born at Alaba Era Check my signature,make u start dy make money online
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by Godson32(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2016
This minister should stop lying b4 any body can listen to him.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by AntiWailer: 7:57am On Aug 14, 2016
Let me get it.

Before people buy inside traffic, they will use their bar code reader ?? grin

Is orait.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by katunj: 9:51am On Aug 14, 2016
oluwagream:
Unbelievable! In 2016, these guys are still talking about barcoding CDs. This is why we need young, vibrant, tech-savy guys in every department, agency and ministry in Nigeria. This idea is dead on arrival, for few reasons.
1. No one buys C.Ds again.: seriously, when was the last time anybody purchased a physical copy of Nollywood films? Haven't they heard of youtube? Or irokotv? e.t.c. Dont tell me that they also plan to Barcode irokotv movies and our Bluetooths/wifi. Looool.

2. Barcoding is an outdated concept : Thess days, we are talking about end-to-end encryption of data; just like what whatsapp recently introduced to its messaging platform
. I doubt if any of these guys @ the meeting know what that even means. In this era of torrenting.

3. Verifying authentic CDs will be cumbersome and cost ineffective.

4. At the end of the day, billions of naira will be wasted on this dumb idea, and next year, another dumb idea will come up. Ill stop here, because i don dey dose up. I know most of us have more reasons.

As a Nigerian, it hurts to see that these are the kind of people at the helm of power. Little wonder is it, that they cannot come up with innovative ideas to steer the crumbling economy.
Fellow nairalanders, Archaic policies must stop, period!

Guy ask questions if you don't know thing, all what you typed are trash. My first question to you is can you list your song on iTunes with out a UPC barcode?

GS1 US, GS1 UK etc all are promoting the use of 1D and 2D barcode in healthcare, music etc. For end to end traceability I.e from manufacturer to end user

And for your info NAFDAC, Ministry of health and GS1 Nigeria are working endlessly to implement full healthcare traceability using 2D barcode(data matrix), the platform is called SafePharma.

So tell all your people that have no other job than to sell counterfeit drugs, the end is near.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by oluwagream: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
katunj:

Guy ask questions if you don't know thing, all what you typed are trash. My first question to you is can you list your song on iTunes with out a UPC barcode?

GS1 US, GS1 UK etc all are promoting the use of 1D and 2D barcode in healthcare, music etc. For end to end traceability I.e from manufacturer to end user

And for your info NAFDAC, Ministry of health and GS1 Nigeria are working endlessly to implement full healthcare traceability using 2D barcode(data matrix), the platform is called SafePharma.

So tell all your people that have no other job than to sell counterfeit drugs, the end is near.

All these points you raised are only permissible when talking about physical products like drugs, food, etc! Who buys physical copies of movies again? In this era of cinemas, Bluetooth, wifi, and torrenting? What's UPC barcode, to the Alaba boys, or notjustok, or tooxclusive etc? Guy, 80% of my music are from itunes, and i dont even have an account with itunes. We have more than 30000 full nollywood movies on YouTube... Who gives a hoot about UPC? So whats the point and who is the clueless one?

For your information, anybody can clone barcode. If a technology can read a barcode, that same technology can clone it. As a programmer and a web developer, I know what I'm saying. If any solution must be introduced to curb piracy, it must directly address digital contents transfer in the Nigeria webspace.

Personally I can recommend 20 policies that can put an end to piracy in Nigeria, but i won't because I'm not getting paid to do so. I really dont have time, to go back and forth with the issue. I wish i had time. Technology is dynamic and ever-changing; so read up.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by katunj: 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
oluwagream:

All these points you raised are only permissible when talking about physical products like drugs, food, etc! Who buys physical copies of movies again? In this era of cinemas, Bluetooth, wifi, and torrenting? What's UPC barcode, to the Alaba boys, or notjustok, or tooxclusive etc? Guy, 80% of my music are from itunes, and i dont even have an account with itunes. We have more than 30000 full nollywood movies on YouTube... Who gives a hoot about UPC? So whats the point and who is the clueless one?

For your information, anybody can clone barcode. If a technology can read a barcode, that same technology can clone it. As a programmer and a web developer, I know what I'm saying. If any solution must be introduced to curb piracy, it must directly address digital contents transfer in the Nigeria webspace.

Personally I can recommend 20 policies that can put an end to piracy in Nigeria, but i won't because I'm not getting paid to do so. I really dont have time, to go back and forth with the issue. I wish i had time. Technology is dynamic and ever-changing; so read up.

Like seriously you the clueless one here, barcodes are not just for physical product alone, get it.
Amazon, eBay et al sells digital contents and they all use barcode. Did I hear you say in this era of cinema, Bluetooth, wifi, torrenting? That is why you are advice to get digital signature. Haven't you heard of ISRC? Please try go read about it.
Barcode/ISRC is what streaming sites use. ISRCs are widely used in digital commerce by download sites, encoded ISRC provide the means to automatically identify recordings for royalty payments.
You being a developer is not immunity to ignorance, your idea of barcoding product is way too low, your ideal of anybody can generate barcode show that you know next to nothing. There are standards for barcodes EAN-8, EAN-13 just to mention a few, Nigeria prefix is 615*********** and is in the EAN-13 format which is 12 plus the check digit that makes it 13. Guy you need to read more and get updated and not by this am a developer.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by kan12(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
ennyhola:
"give Lai Mohammed 10microphone and he will say 10different lies into each one of them"

plasticology...(ike) barcode untop movie.. how that one go stop piracy?

you are seeing clearly.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by oluwagream: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
katunj:

Like seriously you the clueless one here, barcodes are not just for physical product alone, get it.
Amazon, eBay et al sells digital contents and they all use barcode. Did I hear you say in this era of cinema, Bluetooth, wifi, torrenting? That is why you are advice to get digital signature. Haven't you heard of ISRC? Please try go read about it.
Barcode/ISRC is what streaming sites use. ISRCs are widely used in digital commerce by download sites, encoded ISRC provide the means to automatically identify recordings for royalty payments.
You being a developer is not immunity to ignorance, your idea of barcoding product is way too low, your of idea anybody can generate barcode show what you know next to nothing. There are standards for barcodes EAN-8, EAN-13 just to mention a few, Nigeria prefix is 615*********** and is in the EAN-13 format which is 12 plus the check digit that makes it 13. Guy you need to read more and get updated and not by this am a developer.

1.You dont understand how sophisticated piracy works
2. You don't understand how sophisticated piracy works
3. You don't understand how sophisticated piracy works
4. Have a good day.
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by katunj: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
oluwagream:

1.You dont understand how sophisticated piracy works
2. You don't understand how sophisticated piracy works
3. You don't understand how sophisticated piracy works
4. Have a good day.

Lol
Re: Lai Mohammed Endorses Use Of Barcode In Nigeria Movie & Music 2 Fight Piracy(pix by Orikinla(m): 7:26am On Oct 04, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get Me Married On Zee World Full Story Summary Cast Real Name. / Big Brother Naija And The South African Connection - Peter Adesinsa / Nollywood Produced 416 Movies In The First Three Months Of 2021 - NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.