Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team (17513 Views)

APC Welcomes Buhari, Salutes Osinbajo / PDP Salutes Buhari, Military For Capturing Sambisa Forest / GEJ Congratulates Donald Trump, Salutes Clinton For Conceding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 13, 2016
A cheering President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday night praised the indomitable spirit of the Nigerian soccer team to the Olympics Games, which saw them flying over Denmark 2-0 to qualify for the semi-finals.

Said an elated President Buhari:"Again and again, the unconquerable Nigerian spirit has come to the fore, showing that where there is a will, there's always a way. This was a team that was not given much chance, but which has now advanced into the semi-finals. Go for it.

Go for the gold, and let the Nigerian banner be held proudly aloft once again on the global stage. We are almost there. Let's go."

President Buhari urged the Nigerian nation to pray and support the Nigerian contingent to the Olympics, especially the soccer team, so that the rest of the world will know that even in the face of economic adversity, the Nigerian spirit remains resolute and lifted high.

"And this, we shall demonstrate in every sphere of our national life," the President added.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/08/president-muhammadu-buhari-salutes.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by micfoley: 11:25pm On Aug 13, 2016
Good. Pay them their allowances and bonuses please

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Flexherbal(m): 11:30pm On Aug 13, 2016
If pikin good, na everybody dey get am!

112 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by ruggedadventure(m): 11:31pm On Aug 13, 2016
Na now u suppose dey talk
U dint even give dem the motivation they needed...now, God hasn't let dem down...u're now here talking

Sir buhari! I respect u alot.....no lemme vex 4 u oooo...
Do wats right

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by jaymejate: 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2016
Hmm now is the time...

Mikel collect the money you borrow Nigeria back o.
I don't know how his salute will help, mtchew

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Edwardhead(m): 11:58pm On Aug 13, 2016
Igbofirstlady:
lalasticlala
Nigga don sleep...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by paschal47(m): 12:03am On Aug 14, 2016
sometimes I do wonder if this man drinks before he says anything.

never makes sense

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by gsley: 12:04am On Aug 14, 2016
Bible say make we pray for out leaders if not i for give u wetin u never hear befor.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by vonn(f): 1:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Wondering if he actually. said anything sef.

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by oloriooko(m): 8:00am On Aug 14, 2016
grin
Let him name one player if he truly said this grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by justflow1(m): 8:15am On Aug 14, 2016
I trusted heaven out of Goodluck Jonathan, he would have bombarded these heroes with mouthwatering bonuses for breaking out of the group stage, talk less of qualifying for the semis..... Wait ooo come to tink of it is Nigeria really broke, then if yes y is it in buhari's Era that everytin became worse, and didn't they pad Olympic budget with the budget, because I want to belive that every president should witness at least an Olympic in his/her tenure ( funny enough we have gotten president that have witnessed 2 Olympics that was even planing to witness 3 but God said its OK) and there are always budget for things of these nature, anyway I am just saying my own ni..... Make them kukuma sell this country and give everybody his or her share (that's if the money no go get win..... lipsrsealed oooooo

14 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Kenneth205(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
We hear!
Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
Salute,

Who needs his salute? Afonjas probably.

36 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by DickDastardly(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
grin cheesy How do i make a very hot e-slap connect to Buhari's real ear? smiley smiley

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by massinola(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
After all the embarrassments you and you so called ministry and minister of sport have caused this country on the world stage you still have the mind to say anything concerning these boys. PMB God's watching you in 3D. Nigeria is broke but you and your families are feeding fat. No money but your wife is carrying hand bags worth hundreds of millions of naira. Empty treasury but you, your wife, zhara and co are junketing around the whole world with tax payers money. No zombie should tell me he can afford those cos he's the president as its only a person that's working is worthy of a wage. As it is now, our president isn't working so, he shouldn't be wasting our resources. There's money for him and his family to squander but no money for anything that will benefit and make the poor masses smile. Common Olympics Nigeria government cannot sponsor. Obi if you no collect your money back from these criminals, you are on your own. Meanwhile

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by adewumiopeyemi(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i can see change in nigeria.... pls dont quote me APC CHANGE
Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Soreza(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
No salute yet, cus Germany day send them home with heavy brutality
Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by kings09(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2016
First I don't tink d president is literate enuf to conjure up such a statement. And how come he z suddenly interested in the football team. I guess success has many families.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Estimable(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Good one guys, keep d flag flying
Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Sunofgod(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Buhari dey craze...players wey de play on empty stomach

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by AntiWailer: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Salute or pay them.

Pay them their allowances joor.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Taryur3(m): 8:28am On Aug 14, 2016
Hu cares?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Edwinsucks(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2016
But Nigerian did not victorious himself as well
Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Blitz888(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2016
OK sir.... After his barret wearing minister disparaged this team.
It is shameless *hypocrisy* to see a drowning man and not as much as lift a finger to help only to be the cheerleader when through his doggedness and sheer determination to survive he swims ashore to safety.

Hypocrisy is gradually becoming a national policy!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Nelkoko: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2016
shameless bull dog

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by FroshPapie(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2016
If I Slap Buhari ehn!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by allanphash7(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2016
Okokobioko wrote:

Uncomfortable Truth! !!!

The fact is that 2.9 billion naira released to National Sports Commission for Olympic was spent and unaccounted for before Solomon Dalung emerged as Sports Minister.

The fact is that there is Leadership crisis in NFF before Dalung emerged as sports minister.

The fact is that Solomon Dalung has demanded from NSC how the 2.9 billion naira was spent.

Rather than addressing the issues;

The vested interest in NFF and NSC have launched media campaign against the sports minister Solomon Dalung so that they can have their way as usual.

The cabal in the glass house holding our sports to ransom have sworn not to allow any transparent reform in Ministry of sports! !

They mobilised

20 bloggers
15 sports writers
5 journalists

To launch local and continental misile against Solomon Dalung and paint him black before Nigerians.

The mobilised team were paid handsomely and they are receiving weekly alert as they do everything possible to misinform Nigerians! !!

The campaign to discredit Solomon Dalung is gaining ground because The sponsors are taking advantage of online ignorance of many.

Ok.Kontinu!

Nobody has alleged that Solomon Dalung embezzled Olympic fund.

Nobody has alleged that Solomon Dalung seized Olympic fund.

Nobody has alleged that IOC released Olympic fund to Solomon Dalung.

Nobody has alleged that Solomon Dalung misappropriated Olympic fund.

Nobody has alleged that Solomon Dalung travelled to Olympic with his friends and associates.

Nobody has alleged that Solomon Dalung refused to give them attention.

What then is Solomon Dalung crime?

Demanding for accountability is a crime as far as vested interest is concerned.

Those who travel to Olympic with their girl friends on the account of Nigeria is no longer comfortable with Solomon Dalung hence blackmail is the only option.

What is the role of NFF and NOC who takes direct instructions from FIFA and IOC?

Is it only when there is setback that minister is recognised?

Is Solomon Dalung worried? NO!!!! PRESIDENT BUHARI is fully aware of all the facts and figures.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by Zico5(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2016
This president is what we should call slowpoke. So u can congratulate and align wt them cos of their success. Tufiakwa!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by johnstar(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2016
Waiting for d zombies to comment

Buhari and zombies ar lyk

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Salutes Victorious Olympics Soccer Team by canalily(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2016
Salute to the elephant.grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FFK Blasts Yahaya Bello Over Herdsmen Killing Of 25 People In Kogi / Palliatives Result Of Limited Thinking – Peter Obi / Ijaw Message To Buhari: ‘Rule With The Fear Of God’ - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.