Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

............. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ............. (8163 Views)

Beejay Accepts Promise10's Challenge On Blood Money / A Discussion STRICTLY Between Friendchoice(muslim) And Promise10(christian). / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 11:29am On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

PLEASE jUST GET OUT!!!!!

@hopefullandlord, do you really want us to have this discussion?

If allowing people to comment hear is your purpose, then I think this thread will get boring in a while.

This is strictly between 2 persons here, why mus you comment? Why not open another thread and talk about it there?

Do you have Kik messenger installed on your phone?
Re: ............. by promise10: 11:35am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Brother, you've just perhaps gone against what you said previously, that we should agree on god, now you're using the Christian god as definition, don't you think that's kinda contradictory?
No, it's not.

Please, in a thread(not here) I challenged you to open this thread and argue about this. And I clearly pointed it out, I am not here to argue about god of batman, oblatan, zeus or whatever. I told you to open a strict thread and pour out your opinion about MY GOD. Not zeus and the rest, cos they are not my God, or do you want me to point out where I told you that?

We must have an AGREED basis, on which we can say that THIS IS GOD. I have given mine, so if you have any contradiction to my definition, you can point out and then we can AGREE on the REAL concept of God.

It is possible that what I am thinking as God is not the same as yours, and with such thing we will continue to go round a circle.

Remember, constructive argument is highly needed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ............. by promise10: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Do you have Kik messenger installed on your phone?
I don't.
But, hope it doesn't matter?
Re: ............. by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2016
hahn:

I was just going to point it out. He has already started being evasive from "the very scratch" undecided

Promise10 I know u said nobody should comment but allow me to correct hopefullandlord so this debate can work and this will be my last post.

Hopefullandlord , promise10 wants to lay a foundation for the debate by first establishing who or what God is from both perspectives so he has given his understanding of who God is from a christian perspecrive so its up to you to present your own perspective or lack of.

HE IS NOT DERAILING. YOU ARE DERAILING BY SAYING THAT HE IS!

My apologies promise10. Continue and God bless.
Re: ............. by promise10: 11:40am On Aug 15, 2016
hahn:

@hopefullandlord, I am getting disappointed in this thread. Why can't you tell this your co-atheist to just respect himself and stay way from this beautiful thread.

This thread looked beautiful to me, but it is now getting BAD. Please talk to him.
Re: ............. by promise10: 11:49am On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Promise10 I know u said nobody should comment but allow me to correct hopefullandlord so this debate can work and this will be my last post.

Hopefullandlord , promise10 wants to lay a foundation for the debate by first establishing who or what God is from both perspectives so he has given his understanding of who God is from a christian perspecrive so its up to you to present your own perspective or lack of.

HE IS NOT DERAILING. YOU ARE DERAILING BY SAYING THAT HE IS!

My apologies promise10. Continue and God bless.
You got it right away!

But, don't post again, lol.
Re: ............. by promise10: 11:53am On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

Please, I am tired of seeing this kind of ur post over and over again.

If you really want to argue or debate me about my God and the bible, can you just create a thread STRICTLY FOR BOTH OF US ONLY. If you are a sincere atheist, can you do that? JUST GIVE IT A TRY!

Note: strictly for both of us ALONE.
This was the thread I told you that.
https://www.nairaland.com/3286544/nigerian-atheists-should-take-several/1#48463956
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 11:56am On Aug 15, 2016

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

I don't.

But, hope it doesn't matter?

I thought we could have this discussion on it; it guarantees anonymity and privacy but apparently its not needed
Re: ............. by promise10: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I thought we could have this discussion on it; it guarantees anonymity and privacy but apparently its not needed

So, bury the idea
Re: ............. by promise10: 1:18pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This thread is dead on arrival, I guess we would probably move in circles then

angry sad

I'm an "atheist" meaning I don't believe in ANY god, not just the Christian one

That means I see Yahweh (which you're here for) as same as all other gods; he exists just as them; they all have no empirical proof for their god, same as yours; that is the position of true atheism

What you think I am is anti-yahweh; NO, I am not

I usually argue against theism as a whole not just Christianity, the reason it "seems" I only argue against Christianity ("seems" is a keyword here) is because only Christians seem to involve themselves in this argument on this forum

Muslims for instance perhaps by virtue of them having their separate platform don't seem to care much about atheism

The "babalawo" guy I also see don't bother themselves, they just come here, pass their message and go

Only Yahweh believers concern themselves with us; while the reasons are perhaps obvious (more Yahweh believers are turning to atheism than most of the other faith and most atheists on Nairaland were former Christians) but one needs not to lose track of what atheism means, the meaning is still the same regardless

I know "atheists" perhaps started it but believe me when I say Christians arguing with atheists in fact betrays "faith" in prayers

If you believe the bible 100% and know that prayer is very powerful and your god/Jesus Christ is all powerful and can do anything (after all, he said ask anything in his name and he would do it) you don't need to argue for your god, arguing usually gives an impression of someone who's not sure

Arguing with us has lead to atheism growing, your arguments is in fact like using a blunt instrument to cut, you'll cut some, but you'll bleed more

So, here's my advice to "Christians"; if you're sure Jesus is real and Yahweh is real; go down on your knees and pray to him to touch our hearts; that isn't impossible for your god to do, is it?
This is so disgraceful to be written by a self-aclaimed intelligent atheist. So disgraceful!
Please, can you stop chest beating a moment?

This thread, DOA? You seem crazy, but I am already a mad guy before you can ever become crazy. So, no matter how you want to have it, I am gonna give it to you. Straight away!
Bro, as far as I am concern, this thread CAN NEVER be dead on arrival. It AIN'T GON' HAPPEN. MARK MY WORDS! If making this thread DOA is your motive, then your atheistic life and view about my God(which is the motive behind this thread) is already frustrated. And as well ALREADY DEAD ON ARRIVAL! Don't just chest beat like a coward! Let's do this!

You really sound so unintelligent, why? How does arguing about my God make you a believer in my God? Do you really think? Please, not an insult, did you really go to school?
I see no way, how arguing about my God will make you a theist. That's cowardice! You don't believe in God, yet you come on NL to disturb people who believe in God. And now you are talking like an already frustrated atheist, even when no point has been made.

Yes! You don't believe in ANY GOD(including mine), that's why you are here. But, there must be an AGREED fundamental note, on which our argument MUST be based on. I am not here to argue about zeus, obalatan and the rest! They are not my God! I challenged you to argue about my God and the bible which I evidently exposed up there. I have nothing to debate about zeus and the rest, I have no connection with them.

Now, you are trying to subject my God to what you want it be. NO WAY! That's why this is a DISCUSSION! Bro, calm down let's face facts! I have given you my own view on what God is to me and instead of you to post your own view of God, you are here exposing your ignorance, telling me that you are an atheist as if I have forgotten. What does it have to do because that's the reason why you are here!

I believe that every sincere person following this thread will bear me witness that you are derailing this thread. And it is so shameful of you.

You should have known by now, that every reasonable discussion MUST have an AGREED BASIS on what the argument is all about. Of which the basis, can be argued and adjusted. So, just give me your understand of God, which can be argued and adjusted if necessary. Simple!

I am not here to argue about my God on the basis of how you see him. Otherwise, that's the greatest foolishness of all times happening on NL. Our, argument about my God must be based on the REAL concept of him! That's all!

You first have to tell us your own view of God before we can talk about empirical proofs. Remember, constructive argument is highly needed here.

Yes, muslims don't have to fight you back because you don't fight them. The motive behind this religious section is for the sharing of BELIEFS. Is atheism a BELIEF SYTEM? If no, then you have no right to share your unbelief here, as it is not the motive behind this religious section.

Bro, no matter how you guys deceive some christians, thousands of people is coming to christ. I even received many mails, some weeks ago from some desperate and confused NL atheist pleading to me to show them the way, which I did!

Please, I AM NOT DEFENDING GOD! God doesn't need anybody to defend him! Because, even from the foundation of the world he has been doing it. Otherwise, he is NO MORE GOD! I am here to defend MY FAITH IN GOD and at this same time use this avenue to evangelise. You get that?

You last paragraph is a show of your ignorance! For God to that, it is against himself. And as such a sin! God created man, and gave man the ability to choosed whether right and wrong. For God to force you is against his will. He has given us the ability to choose. While waiting for your view of God, I would expect some more questions from this last paragraph. Thank you.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ............. by promise10: 1:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
If you really prefer to be running around a circle, then you are really a cowardice kid. Do you think I don't have any other thing?

I thought I would be having a good discussion here, but I am really disappointed here. Hope your co-atheists will feel so disappointed as well.

How can you argue about my God on the basis of what you WANT it to be? That's madness and foolishness! And this is not what I want to equate with atheism.

I am very much disappointed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ............. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:
If you really prefer to be running around a circle, then you are really a cowardice kid. Do you think I don't have any other thing?

I thought I would be having a good discussion here, but I am really disappointed here. Hope your co-atheists will feel so disappointed as well.

How can you argue about my God on the basis of what you WANT it to be? That's madness and foolishness! And this is not what I want to equate with atheism.

I am very much disappointed.

Honestly promise10 I am not disappointed because I have always known him to be an artful dodger.

He knows how to hastily jump to conclussions and attack without knowing how to defend.

He is dull and only knows how to repeat the anthem of all atheists and the same arguments they vomit over and over again.

In his dishonesty he agreed to a thread and debate between u and him and then hastily concluded that u ran away. Now when you surfaced he now cooked up another excuse accusing u of what u did not do just so he could run away since he knows he has no defence.

So much for Atheistic intelligence!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ............. by CAPSLOCKED: 2:23pm On Aug 15, 2016
hahn:

YOU'VE TAKEN OVER FROM WINNER01? YOU'RE THE FATHER OF MEME NOW, I SEE. cheesy
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

Honestly promise10 I am not disappointed because I have always known him to be an artful dodger.

He knows how to hastily jump to conclussions and attack without knowing how to defend.

He is dull and only knows how to repeat the anthem of all atheists and the same arguments they vomit over and over again.

In his dishonesty he agreed to a thread and debate between u and him and then hastily concluded that u ran away. Now when you surfaced he now cooked up another excuse accusing u of what u did not do just so he could run away since he knows he has no defence.

So much for Atheistic intelligence!
I think thread should end here, until he decides to start from where he stooped. But, that guy is a disgrace. When I saw that he was thinking that I ran away, I was just busy laughing at his small mind.

I was trying my best to make this thread the most intelligent of it's kind, but the guy is just so dull to do this with me. I am yet to see him debate me over this issue. You know, I didn't come on NL on sunday, because it was sunday, and I even went for night prayer meeting where God did many miracles. So I couldn't record, because I was the co-ordinator. But, even if I record, I know it will never change their heart until they turn their faces to sincerity.

GOD IS GOD despite your opinion, that's why he is GOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ............. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

I think thread should end here, until he decides to start from where he stooped. But, that guy is a disgrace. When I saw that he was thinking that I ran away, I was just busy laughing at his small mind.

I was trying my best to make this thread the most intelligent of it's kind, but the guy is just so dull to do this with me. I am yet to see him debate me over this issue. You know, I didn't come on NL on sunday, because it was sunday, and I even went for night prayer meeting where God did many miracles. So I couldn't record, because I was the co-ordinator. But, even if I record, I know it will never change their heart until they turn their faces to sincerity.

GOD IS GOD despite your opinion, that's why he is GOD.

Very true
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2016
Okay let's argue then but I assure you it still won't go anywhere

First off, I'll delete my last post, delete yours and let's continue then
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

God is the self-eternal One, having no need of being created, since He is eternal and is the cause of all things, INCLUDING the dimension of time, to which He is NOT SUBJECT. Likewise, God is NOT SUBJECT to the physical creation, but is spiritual in nature,
residing in the SPIRITUAL DIMENSIONS(the infinite) of heaven. God's power over the physical creation is ABSOLUTE, such that He can manipulate matter,
energy, space, and time AT WILL. For this reason, God is said to be all powerful—able to accomplish any possible task He wills to do. Along with being ALL POWERFUL, God is also ALL KNOWING—having knowledge of all things that are possible to be
known, including the entire history of the universe—past, present, and future. Because God is all powerful(omnipotent) and all knowing (omniscient), He is also able to be present at ALL PLACE OF THE UNIVERSE AT ALL TIME(omnipresent). God is also ALL LOVING.

Let's agree with this, let's continue
Re: ............. by promise10: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Okay let's argue then but I assure you it still won't go anywhere

First off, I'll delete my last post, delete yours and let's continue then
Why delete any post?

Mehn, if you are ready for constructive argument, start where you STOPPED. I don't like cowards!

Yes, it is only a FOOLISH COWARD will like to frustrate a beautiful thread like this one, by dodging what should be countered with courage.

Please, I am still waiting for your own description of God. Because that MUST be the basis of our argument.

I repeat, what you are arguing as God may be absolutely different from what I am arguing as God. That's why I am trying my best so that we can arrive on an AGREED reality of the concept of God. I have given mine, so it's your turn.
Re: ............. by hahn(m): 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

@hopefullandlord, I am getting disappointed in this thread. Why can't you tell this your co-atheist to just respect himself and stay way from this beautiful thread.

This thread looked beautiful to me, but it is now getting BAD. Please talk to him.

Guy respect yourself and stop telling people to "GET OUT". If we were chatting in person, I seriously doubt you would speak to me in such a manner. The least you can do is show manners when defending your god undecided
Re: ............. by promise10: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Let's agree with this, let's continue
No, that's fraud!

I gave my full understanding of my God, and you took SOME PART telling me that we should agree on the side you quoted. And that's wrong.

I gave FULL description, and you DISCARDED some part of MY understanding and basis on which I argue. If that part must be discarded, then there must be a reason why you discarded it. Otherwise, that's fraudulent way of arguing.

So now, are you agreeing on my FULL basis or only the one you quoted?

If only the one you quoted, then you have to tell me WHY the later part of it was discarded. That's why this is called discussion.
Re: ............. by hahn(m): 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

YOU'VE TAKEN OVER FROM WINNER01?
YOU'RE THE FATHER OF MEME NOW, I SEE. cheesy

You dey mind me? tongue
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 3:16pm On Aug 15, 2016
hahn:

Guy respect yourself and stop telling people to "GET OUT". If we were chatting in person, I seriously doubt you would speak to me in such a manner. The least you can do is show manners when defending your god undecided

Please, leave both of us alone

Thanks
Re: ............. by promise10: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2016
hahn:

This guy sef eh. I don't just understand how you think. Is the thread already paining you in your ass. Sorry bro.

Neither have you seen me, so there is EVERY possibility, if we met face to face, that I will still to your eyeballs and tell you GET OUT!!!!

So, respect is a reciprocal!
Re: ............. by hahn(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

This guy sef eh. I don't just understand how you think. Is the thread already paining you in your ass. Sorry bro.

Neither have you seen me, so there is EVERY possibility, if we met face to face, that I will still to your eyeballs and tell you GET OUT!!!!

So, respect is a reciprocal!

Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 3:36pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

No, that's fraud!

I gave my full understanding of my God, and you took SOME PART telling me that we should agree on the side you quoted. And that's wrong.

I gave FULL description, and you DISCARDED some part of MY understanding and basis on which I argue. If that part must be discarded, then there must be a reason why you discarded it. Otherwise, that's fraudulent way of arguing.

So now, are you agreeing on my FULL basis or only the one you quoted?

If only the one you quoted, then you have to tell me WHY the later part of it was discarded. That's why this is called discussion.

This is very very awkward

I don't have a definition for god

If it sounds stupid and unintelligent and makes me sound like I didn't go to school, then so be it

I have no such definition of mine

I'm tongue tied here and perhaps sounding incoherent but I've already seen that this discussion would go no where

YOU WIN!!!

But if I'm being forced to define god

I'll say "a supreme being"
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 3:48pm On Aug 15, 2016
This has made me realise how pointless this theistic atheistic arguments are

There's NO base to start

I have already seen this pointlessness from a mile away

How does someone define what he thinks is imaginary?

How do you define a colour without mentioning it?

How do you argue the colour of a wall with someone who thinks there is no wall there in the first place?

There is no basis

Maybe I'm not thinking straigh

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 3:59pm On Aug 15, 2016

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ............. by hahn(m): 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
This has made me realise how pointless this theistic atheistic arguments are

There's NO base to start

I have already seen this pointlessness from a mile away

How does someone define what he thinks is imaginary?

How do you define a colour without mentioning it?

How do you argue the colour of a wall with someone who thinks there is no wall there in the first place?

There is no basis

Maybe I'm not thinking straigh

Then why did you start the thread in the first place?

Re: ............. by hahn(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
All I want is for people to ask questions, questions they're afraid to ask, ask them

But Why then do we argue with each other?

To what end?

Or am I going through the motions right now?

Why do we spend so much time discussing this?

Why don't I just leave them alone to believe what they wanna believe?

Why all these "wars"?

Why this hamster wheel that seem not to be going nowhere?

What do we gain from their leaving their "delusions"? Since its obvious the Nigeria might be worse off without such a delusion?

Why?

Why?

Why?

I'm done with atheism arguments, it wears one off when arguing without establishing an even common base

I'm running a bit with emotions here

Why am I here?

Chill nigga

What you need is weed tongue
Re: ............. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
All I want is for people to ask questions, questions they're afraid to ask, ask them

But Why then do we argue with each other?

To what end?

Or am I going through the motions right now?

Why do we spend so much time discussing this?

Why don't I just leave them alone to believe what they wanna believe?

Why all these "wars"?

Why this hamster wheel that seem not to be going nowhere?

What do we gain from their leaving their "delusions"? Since its obvious the Nigeria might be worse off without such a delusion?

Why?

Why?

Why?

I'm done with atheism arguments, it wears one off when arguing without establishing an even common base

I'm running a bit with emotions here

Why am I here?

stop stop stop bro! I can sense something deeper here. Now you are beginning to grasp something, something bigger than our minds or thoughts. Something that defines us even when we do not feel it or see it. Something words cannot define or describe or even the mind understand.

Now you are asking whys that is beginning to put your brain in over drive
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 4:07pm On Aug 15, 2016
We argue with them so they can free themselves from their delusions, they argue with us so we can free ourselves from our delusions

Each party thinking the other is deluded, who's really deluded?

The even basis is really really hard to establish

Even if we do, why?

What happens if the whole world becomes theists or atheists?

What's the point of all the googling, copy pasting, the anger at watching your argument shot down? The happiness of seeing your theist opponent apparently defeated?

Does he then become atheist because we've defeated them in an argument?

Does the atheist turn theist because he's been defeated in an argument?

An argument without common baseline

I don't see a wall

You say its a purple wall

But the wall (according to the purple wall guy) is for some reason beyond reach so its not only almost impossible for them to "prove" one of them wrong

Why the arguments then?

I think I need to be sincere with myself by stopping all these arguments

I'll just be active generally on Nairaland, I'm done with these arguments without bases

When an arsenal and Chelsea fan argues with each saying they "know" their team would beat the other

There's a match that would decide that, the outcome, the result

Now imagine they'll never play each other?

What end therefore is the argument?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saints And Sinners / 8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / Rccg Prayer Rain - Daily Prayer Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.