Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

............. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ............. (8165 Views)

Beejay Accepts Promise10's Challenge On Blood Money / A Discussion STRICTLY Between Friendchoice(muslim) And Promise10(christian). / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ............. by johnydon22(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:
But, would you mind taking over?
Yes
Re: ............. by johnydon22(m): 9:08am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Let's continue guys

Promise10 still wants to continue badly

Let us go with your full definition

since you are already tired of the argument, better leave it... Don't continue because you don't want to feel defeated.. there is no prize

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 9:09am On Aug 16, 2016
johnydon22:

Everyone is at different stages of consciousness, there is a stage you grow into when all you want to do is speak your truth and not try convince people of it.

It is unecessary telling a baby they should be walking when they are at the stage of crawling - convincing them of that truth is irrelevant.

I have told people when ever you are in an argument, avoid needless going in circles, just make your points and be done with it.

You need not necessary win an argument [egoistic position], all you need do is plant just a tiny seed of doubt [with your points] natural curiosity takes over.

I remember when i was still that type of immature jobless atheists arguing like my life depended on it . . . hahahaha it was fun tho

but we keep evolving, so others will evolve and very many new enthusiastic young atheists will take over the endless arguments.

Great
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 9:12am On Aug 16, 2016
Okay,

[size=16pt]
I HEREBY HANDLE THIS TO BOTH JOHNYDON22 AND PROMISE10

JOHNNYDON22 OVER TO YOU BROS

I hope, this thread works like Promise10 wants it to

Pls this is my last post on this thread

Let everyone else stop posting pls, leave this to both of them

Thanks for my and your cooperation

[/size]
Re: ............. by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 16, 2016
make i book space
Re: ............. by menesheh(m): 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:

This is so disgraceful to be written by a self-aclaimed intelligent atheist. So disgraceful!
Please, can you stop chest beating a moment?

This thread, DOA? You seem crazy, but I am already a mad guy before you can ever become crazy. So, no matter how you want to have it, I am gonna give it to you. Straight away!
Bro, as far as I am concern, this thread CAN NEVER be dead on arrival. It AIN'T GON' HAPPEN. MARK MY WORDS! If making this thread DOA is your motive, then your atheistic life and view about my God(which is the motive behind this thread) is already frustrated. And as well ALREADY DEAD ON ARRIVAL! Don't just chest beat like a coward! Let's do this!

You really sound so unintelligent, why? How does arguing about my God make you a believer in my God? Do you really think? Please, not an insult, did you really go to school?
I see no way, how arguing about my God will make you a theist. That's cowardice! You don't believe in God, yet you come on NL to disturb people who believe in God. And now you are talking like an already frustrated atheist, even when no point has been made.

Yes! You don't believe in ANY GOD(including mine), that's why you are here. But, there must be an AGREED fundamental note, on which our argument MUST be based on. I am not here to argue about zeus, obalatan and the rest! They are not my God! I challenged you to argue about my God and the bible which I evidently exposed up there. I have nothing to debate about zeus and the rest, I have no connection with them.

Now, you are trying to subject my God to what you want it be. NO WAY! That's why this is a DISCUSSION! Bro, calm down let's face facts! I have given you my own view on what God is to me and instead of you to post your own view of God, you are here exposing your ignorance, telling me that you are an atheist as if I have forgotten. What does it have to do because that's the reason why you are here!

I believe that every sincere person following this thread will bear me witness that you are derailing this thread. And it is so shameful of you.

You should have known by now, that every reasonable discussion MUST have an AGREED BASIS on what the argument is all about. Of which the basis, can be argued and adjusted. So, just give me your understand of God, which can be argued and adjusted if necessary. Simple!

I am not here to argue about my God on the basis of how you see him. Otherwise, that's the greatest foolishness of all times happening on NL. Our, argument about my God must be based on the REAL concept of him! That's all!

You first have to tell us your own view of God before we can talk about empirical proofs. Remember, constructive argument is highly needed here.

Yes, muslims don't have to fight you back because you don't fight them. The motive behind this religious section is for the sharing of BELIEFS. Is atheism a BELIEF SYTEM? If no, then you have no right to share your unbelief here, as it is not the motive behind this religious section.

Bro, no matter how you guys deceive some christians, thousands of people is coming to christ. I even received many mails, some weeks ago from some desperate and confused NL atheist pleading to me to show them the way, which I did!

Please, I AM NOT DEFENDING GOD! God doesn't need anybody to defend him! Because, even from the foundation of the world he has been doing it. Otherwise, he is NO MORE GOD! I am here to defend MY FAITH IN GOD and at this same time use this avenue to evangelise. You get that?

You last paragraph is a show of your ignorance! For God to that, it is against himself. And as such a sin! God created man, and gave man the ability to choose whether right and wrong. For God to force you is against his will. He has given us the ability to choose. While waiting for your view of God, I would expect some more questions from this last paragraph. Thank you.

Next time, you don't get to start by saying that your opponent is crazy and overly wrong. You have to first make your case and constructively point out where he got his points wrong. Love your politeness at the very get-go of the debate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ............. by promise10: 2:32pm On Aug 16, 2016
wirinet:

This your definition of God is identical to theist definition, I am sure it was informed by your Christian background. It seems you are in agreement with promise10's definition.
Can you explain what the word "being" means before we can even discuss whether it is supreme or not.

Thank you!
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:35pm On Aug 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
my brother the necessary thing to do is to plant a seed of doubt in the believers heart not to win arguments ,there is no glory in winning arguments
See a devil, how I wish you can take over from him.

Plant a seed of doubt in me?

No, he has to understand what the so-called doubt is all about before he can plant it.
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:39pm On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Feeling like James Bond now right?
No bro, I don't feel like james Bond. But I feel like flexing my muscles!
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:41pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Seriously, that's how he's feeling
No bro, don't misunderstand me.......just flexing my muscles.
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Okay, let's fully go with YOUR definition
Oh wow. Good you have decided.

Now, our platform on which we argue is that GOD is a supreme eternal being. ALL ROUND SUPREME. Agreed?
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Let's continue guys

Promise10 still wants to continue badly

Let us go with your full definition

Yeah guys, we can continue.

But, please nobody is allowed to post as this thread is a strict one between hopefullandlord and I.
Re: ............. by promise10: 2:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
wirinet:

You are gradually maturing atheistically, because you have come to the realization that atheists - theist arguments are pointless. Just present your views and let theists present theirs and leave it at that.
Theist - atheist arguments are like a man who only understands Yoruba arguing with a man who only understands Chinese about which language is the best. There is simply no means of communication. Even the same words in both languages will have different meanings.

I also passed through the frustrations and fruitlessness of arguing with theists in my university days, so I understand your frustrations
Then why would he create this thread in the first place when he doesn't want constructive argument.

It is not good at all. Imagine the thread is already in page 4 with no meaningful argument here. This is not what I expected.

I see no way this argument will lead to running around a wheel. At all. If he is sincere.
Re: ............. by promise10: 3:00pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
he and other theists think I ran away because I'm a coward

NO

I ran away because I realise we are like hamsters on a wheel

Running and going nowhere

Since he sees the discussion going somewhere, let's go ahead and continue

Let's see where it'll head

Promise 10

Expecting you bro
Bro, you may not be a coward but you acted like one, so sorry that you did.

Bro, can you just stop this "...hamsters on a wheel" because I see no way it's happening here!

I am already online.
Re: ............. by promise10: 3:01pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Thank you bro

Finally, someone who fully understands

Pls stay with me here, how did you deal with that frustration? How have you kept sane while presenting those arguments?
So you never knew before?
Re: ............. by promise10: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bros, that's why I said if I was "forced" I mean really forced and has to say something

Not when I'm fine and without any pressure

I hope you understand

That's why I said he won before that
Hmm, bro if you are not ready you better end it here. I don't what to argue with someone who has a FORCED MINDSET towards what we are arguing.

I NEVER FORCED YOU. I see no way requesting for a uniform basis for discussion is by force.

You didn't open this thread by force, when you were chestbeating around on page 1, you weren't doing that by force.

Now, I have ask for a simple thing you are now talking as if I put you by force. Bro, is that not insincerity and hypocrisy?

Just think about it.
Re: ............. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:

No, he has to understand what the so-called doubt is all about before he can plant it.
you sound like a woman loll

1 Like

Re: ............. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:

where do you stay lets have a real discussion am tired of always typing
Re: ............. by promise10: 4:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
where do you stay lets have a real discussion am tired of always typing
Okay cool, I live and stay in anambra.

I would like to have that with you if you will like.

But what would you like us to discuss?
Re: ............. by promise10: 4:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
johnydon22:

Yes
Okay, can you get in the ride?
Re: ............. by promise10: 4:43pm On Aug 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
No bro, I am a guy.
Re: ............. by Immorttal: 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2016
stephenmorris:
a very dominant one with alfa-male attributes. Always in a jiffy to bash and insult.A 'dominatrix',thats not a conventional symbol of a follower of christ. I enjoyed reading about christ in the bible,so humble and loyal.
Re: ............. by promise10: 1:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
Immorttal:
a very dominant one with alfa-male attributes. Always in a jiffy to bash and insult.A 'dominatrix',thats not a conventional symbol of a follower of christ. I enjoyed reading about christ in the bible,so humble and loyal.
This is just like beating a drum, yet NO sound. Damn!
Re: ............. by ambassagod: 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
A second phase of argument is coming soon!!
Re: ............. by ambassagod: 12:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
When it kicks off, I gotta be adding he link here. So expect everyone to follow up. Thank you!
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
ambassagod:
A second phase of argument is coming soon!!

I've already told you to create another thread for that and call me when you're ready
Re: ............. by ambassagod: 12:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

I've already told you to create another thread for that and call me when you're ready
Obviously working on it! grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Rccg Prayer Rain - Daily Prayer Programme / Is Sucking Your Wife's breast Biblical??? / Are You Raising Children Alone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.