Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

............. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ............. (8164 Views)

Beejay Accepts Promise10's Challenge On Blood Money / A Discussion STRICTLY Between Friendchoice(muslim) And Promise10(christian). / 5 Things I Notice Every Time I Argue With Theist(s) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ............. by promise10: 10:19pm On Aug 15, 2016
hahn:

Then why did you start the thread in the first place?
Good question!
I am HIGHLY disappointed!
Re: ............. by promise10: 10:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
All I want is for people to ask questions, questions they're afraid to ask, ask them

But Why then do we argue with each other?

To what end?

Or am I going through the motions right now?

Why do we spend so much time discussing this?

Why don't I just leave them alone to believe what they wanna believe?

Why all these "wars"?

Why this hamster wheel that seem not to be going nowhere?

What do we gain from their leaving their "delusions"? Since its obvious the Nigeria might be worse off without such a delusion?

Why?

Why?

Why?

I'm done with atheism arguments, it wears one off when arguing without establishing an even common base

I'm running a bit with emotions here

Why am I here?
Bro, you are a disgrace, not an insult!

I have tried my best to make this beautiful thread so constructive, which you messed up and now you are crying out why why why to me. Hold that question to yourself! I initially wanted to have a video debate with you bro, but it would have been worse if I proposed you for it.

My first motive here was to make a common base which you kept on frustrating. And now you are asking me a FOOLISH why question? Boy, it's like you have some mental problems, I guess(not an insult)?

Can you just ask your cowardice unintelligent life that why question?
Re: ............. by promise10: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2016
4everGod:

stop stop stop bro! I can sense something deeper here. Now you are beginning to grasp something, something bigger than our minds or thoughts. Something that defines us even when we do not feel it or see it. Something words cannot define or describe or even the mind understand.

Now you are asking whys that is beginning to put your brain in over drive
I think it is now going up to his sense, I hope he will be fine so that we can continue from where we stopped.

You know, he said that this thread is dead on arrival, which is angrily refute and even went on to tell him that rather his atheistic view of God must be made DEAD ON ARRIVAL.

I believe the guy will be alright if he can calm himself down, so that we can continue this beautiful thread.
Re: ............. by promise10: 10:39pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
We argue with them so they can free themselves from their delusions, they argue with us so we can free ourselves from our delusions

Each party thinking the other is deluded, who's really deluded?

The even basis is really really hard to establish

Even if we do, why?

What happens if the whole world becomes theists or atheists?

What's the point of all the googling, copy pasting, the anger at watching your argument shot down? The happiness of seeing your theist opponent apparently defeated?

Does he then become atheist because we've defeated them in an argument?

Does the atheist turn theist because he's been defeated in an argument?

An argument without common baseline

I don't see a wall

You say its a purple wall

But the wall (according to the purple wall guy) is for some reason beyond reach so its not only almost impossible for them to "prove" one of them wrong

Why the arguments then?

I think I need to be sincere with myself by stopping all these arguments

I'll just be active generally on Nairaland, I'm done with these arguments without bases

When an arsenal and Chelsea fan argues with each saying they "know" their team would beat the other

There's a match that would decide that, the outcome, the result

Now imagine they'll never play each other?

What end therefore is the argument?

Bro, you seem so hilarious to me!

Bro, go learn how to argue, thank you!
Re: ............. by promise10: 10:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Exactly, I think they're deluded, I try to help them out of the delusion

Its like one mad man and one sane man in a room

Both believe the other is insane

But there's no one there to declare one of them insane

So they stay there and think each other is insane

What's the basis for insanity between the both of them?

If both can't agree on want insanity is, who therefore is insane?
Bro take this easy, because I can see that you getting this serious. And it may give you some mental breakdown.

Just have a break, relax your brain let's continue.

I love this ride!
Re: ............. by udysweet(f): 10:53pm On Aug 15, 2016
Was tagged somewhere and so I came to read. See the smile plastered on my face, I'm grinning from ear to ear here.
OK so one more friend made here, promise1
God bless you kiss
I'm learning o Lord grant me grace to be like Your children here representing you. In fact I'm challenged have to start reading more now especially my Bible

1 Like

Re: ............. by Ranchhoddas: 10:58pm On Aug 15, 2016
promise10:

Bro take this easy, because I can see that you getting this serious. And it may give you some mental breakdown.

Just have a break, relax your brain let's continue.

I love this ride!
Haven't you heard? Hopefullandlord has retired. I hope he's does a Lionel Messi though.
Re: ............. by KazukiIto(m): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2016
God truly exists. Like Peak Milk "It's In You". The more you fight, the more it manifests. Love God, Love Yourself, Love your neighbours, to hell with fake pastors and preachings. Say NO to organized religion. Jesus told that woman from Samaria, no need to go to no mountain, it will be in our hearts. Destroy the structures, have a personal relationship with God. Cut off the middlemen. Let this whole pastopreneurship episode come to an end already!
Re: ............. by promise10: 4:56am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bros, don't misunderstand me

Whichever one makes more sense to you is your cup of coffee

I just realised how pointless these arguments I've spent so much of my free time engaging in is pointless at both ends

Who is mad? You need to define madness

Its all just pointless

Bro, can you just stop this nonsense!

NOTHING IS POINTLESS!

I am seeking for a common base on which out discussion MUST be based on. Please, remember, what is needed here is constructive argument that will make people to LEARN. That's my mission!

When you keep on saying "no basis" it is so shameful! Because that is what I have sweating here for!

1 Like

Re: ............. by promise10: 5:03am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You don't know why I became atheist, do you?

My "pointlessness" thing is when a realisation hits you that you shouldn't be arguing anyways

Whatever made you lack belief is your personal cup of coffee

I just realised that all I've been against is "indoctrination"

Not forcing your choice on anyone when they can't decide for themselves

That has been my point, I retraced my steps and realised that's the reason, but its impossible to stop that indoctrination, very very impossible

Every human should be free to make their own choices not chosing the belief of the child and he lives defending it

I realise your point about you not even interested in converting us, you're interested in us not influencing "shaky Christians" who could be swayed by us

What's the point?

I'm done with this biko
No bro, I think we still have a long way to go with this thread! Don't do this!

You have given me what I wanted, so can we just continue?

You might have called your belief in indoctrination, but you won't probably call your good morals an indoctrination. Think about this!

I have been an atheist before, I have passed through all this things, and now I am convinced beyond death and every reasonable doubt that HE IS. No jokes! I searched for him SINCERELY and I found him.

Note: SINCERITY, the way out of atheism.
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:05am On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
@ Hopefullandlord... I think you should agree with him on his definition of God for the sake of the thread. I personally think it is far easier to refute the idea of the Christian God than theism generally.
That my definition is not just my understanding towards yaweh alone, but anything that I view as GOD.
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:11am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

True brother but I don't want to anymore

I'm done arguing against the existence of what I term imaginary, the thread isn't dead bro

You're free to engage him

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

YOU'VE JUST WITNESSED THE LAST POST BY HOPEFULLANDLORD ON RELIGION SECTION

ITS BEEN FUN ALL THE WAY

SPECIAL THANKS TO FELLOW ATHEISTS

ALSO TO THE THEISTS

IM GONNA MISS OUR ARGUMENTS BUT ILL BE WITH YOU ALL ONLY AS OBSERVER

IF YOU PAY ENOUGH ATTENTION, YOU MIGHT SEE MY MONICKER HERE VIEWING YOUR THREADS

THAT'S ALL FOLKS!!!!!!!

HALAMADRID!

Y NADA MAS!!!!
You know, you have being a guy I have respected so much of your self-aclaimed intelligence. Yet, this thread speaks otherwise, so sorry.

No matter how you see it as imaginary, you don't have to tell me that you have no definition for it! Then why argue what simply cannot define? Just why? And you opened this thread CONFIDENTLY, only to argue what you can't define! This is so disgusting!

I have said this before, that you gave me your definition, that tells what the word "God" means to you doesn't mean you have believed in it!

At the later end, you stylishly answered "supreme being" which is even ENOUGH to get the beautiful thread riding!

Anyway thanks for making this thread a fun, thank you.
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:18am On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
More like disappointed. I was expecting him to tear this guy to pieces.
Which you can still do.

I am willing to receive you with an open arms!
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:19am On Aug 16, 2016
DeSepiero:
That's probably his last post as HopefulLandord.
We'll surely be seeing more of him in the guise of another moniker. grin
Maybe
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:22am On Aug 16, 2016
stephenmorris:
what i will tell you is don't do that foolish things nairaland atheist do ,,,,,,,de activating your account instead live the account for future reference
Oh bro, you have been following and I love it.

Bro, would you mind taking it from where he stopped? To get this ride moving.
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:30am On Aug 16, 2016
udysweet:
Was tagged somewhere and so I came to read. See the smile plastered on my face, I'm grinning from ear to ear here.
OK so one more friend made here, promise1
God bless you kiss
I'm learning o Lord grant me grace to be like Your children here representing you. In fact I'm challenged have to start reading more now especially my Bible
The best thing is to read your bible very carefully and have a REAL KNOWLEDGE of what the word "GOD" should be.
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:33am On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Haven't you heard? Hopefullandlord has retired. I hope he's does a Lionel Messi though.
But, would you mind taking over?
Re: ............. by promise10: 5:42am On Aug 16, 2016
I thank every single person who has following this beautiful thread. Thank you all.

But remember, sincerity the way of atheism.
Re: ............. by Ranchhoddas: 8:00am On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:
But, would you mind taking over?
Feeling like James Bond now right?
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:28am On Aug 16, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Feeling like James Bond now right?

Seriously, that's how he's feeling
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:29am On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:

No bro, I think we still have a long way to go with this thread! Don't do this!

You have given me what I wanted, so can we just continue?

You might have called your belief in indoctrination, but you won't probably call your good morals an indoctrination. Think about this!

I have been an atheist before, I have passed through all this things, and now I am convinced beyond death and every reasonable doubt that HE IS. No jokes! I searched for him SINCERELY and I found him.

Note: SINCERITY, the way out of atheism.

Okay, let's fully go with YOUR definition
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:30am On Aug 16, 2016
Let's continue guys

Promise10 still wants to continue badly

Let us go with your full definition
Re: ............. by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 16, 2016
promise10:

Oh bro, you have been following and I love it.

Bro, would you mind taking it from where he stopped? To get this ride moving.
i was thinking the same thing this morning, but create another thread for that ,when am ready i will turn up,i'm kind of busy sometimes note -no insults at all
Re: ............. by wirinet(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
This has made me realise how pointless this theistic atheistic arguments are

There's NO base to start

I have already seen this pointlessness from a mile away

How does someone define what he thinks is imaginary?

How do you define a colour without mentioning it?

How do you argue the colour of a wall with someone who thinks there is no wall there in the first place?

There is no basis

Maybe I'm not thinking straigh

You are gradually maturing atheistically, because you have come to the realization that atheists - theist arguments are pointless. Just present your views and let theists present theirs and leave it at that.
Theist - atheist arguments are like a man who only understands Yoruba arguing with a man who only understands Chinese about which language is the best. There is simply no means of communication. Even the same words in both languages will have different meanings.

I also passed through the frustrations and fruitlessness of arguing with theists in my university days, so I understand your frustrations

1 Like

Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2016
he and other theists think I ran away because I'm a coward

NO

I ran away because I realise we are like hamsters on a wheel

Running and going nowhere

Since he sees the discussion going somewhere, let's go ahead and continue

Let's see where it'll head

Promise 10

Expecting you bro
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:35am On Aug 16, 2016
wirinet:

You are gradually maturing atheistically, because you have come to the realization that atheists - theist arguments are pointless. Just present your views and let theists present theirs and leave it at that.
Theist - atheist arguments are like a man who only understands Yoruba arguing with a man who only understands Chinese about which language is the best. The is simply no means of communication. Even the same words in both languages will have different meanings.

I also passed through the frustrations and fruitlessness of arguing with theists in my university days, so I understand your frustrations

Thank you bro

Finally, someone who fully understands

Pls stay with me here, how did you deal with that frustration? How have you kept sane while presenting those arguments?
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:36am On Aug 16, 2016
Re: ............. by wirinet(m): 8:40am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

This is very very awkward

I don't have a definition for god

If it sounds stupid and unintelligent and makes me sound like I didn't go to school, then so be it

I have no such definition of mine

I'm tongue tied here and perhaps sounding incoherent but I've already seen that this discussion would go no where

YOU WIN!!!

But if I'm being forced to define god

I'll say "a supreme being"
This your definition of God is identical to theist definition, I am sure it was informed by your Christian background. It seems you are in agreement with promise10's definition.
Can you explain what the word "being" means before we can even discuss whether it is supreme or not.
Re: ............. by hopefulLandlord: 8:42am On Aug 16, 2016
wirinet:

This your definition of God is identical to theist definition, I am sure it was informed by your Christian background. It seems you are in agreement with promise10's definition.
Can you explain what the word "being" means before we can even discuss whether it is supreme or not.

Bros, that's why I said if I was "forced" I mean really forced and has to say something

Not when I'm fine and without any pressure

I hope you understand

That's why I said he won before that
Re: ............. by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

You've just proven what I mean

Its just an example

my brother the necessary thing to do is to plant a seed of doubt in the believers heart not to win arguments ,there is no glory in winning arguments

1 Like

Re: ............. by Ranchhoddas: 8:58am On Aug 16, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Seriously, that's how he's feeling

1 Like

Re: ............. by johnydon22(m): 9:07am On Aug 16, 2016
wirinet:

Theist - atheist arguments are like a man who only understands Yoruba arguing with a man who only understands Chinese about which language is the best. There is simply no means of communication. Even the same words in both languages will have different meanings.

Everyone is at different stages of consciousness, there is a stage you grow into when all you want to do is speak your truth and not try convince people of it.

It is unecessary telling a baby they should be walking when they are at the stage of crawling - convincing them of that truth is irrelevant.

I have told people when ever you are in an argument, avoid needless going in circles, just make your points and be done with it.

You need not necessary win an argument [egoistic position], all you need do is plant just a tiny seed of doubt [with your points] natural curiosity takes over.

I remember when i was still that type of immature jobless atheist arguing like my life depended on it . . . hahahaha it was fun tho

but we keep evolving, so others will evolve and very many new enthusiastic young atheists will take over the endless arguments.

7 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saints And Sinners / 8 Real Photographs That Prove Hell Exists On Earth / Rccg Prayer Rain - Daily Prayer Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.