Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? (5667 Views)

See What Russia President Doing, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin / What Is CAN President Doing With Isreali Arms Dealer? / What Is Our President Doing??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by makintosh(m): 2:49pm On Sep 27, 2009
He's just ridiculing all Nigerians. We are already down BUT not totally out.
He's a big disgrace to Education and Human Capital Development. But I believe Nemesis will catch up with him very soon.
There's God and his Interventions are not far away. Lets just trust that something , will happen soon. We all know what it is. So watch out.
Peace to all,
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 3:03pm On Sep 27, 2009
@NEX

What about Iran - they were at the UN?

Your argument does not hold water at all - this president is either too sick, not comfortable around other leaders, or has some ulterior motive for avoiding other world leaders that matter, and more importantly his own country. more and more, I am leaning towards the later.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by rells2(m): 3:28pm On Sep 27, 2009
mccloud224:

@ $poOne

Abeg help me ask am.Also ask am how "autology" relate with the topic of discussion.

Autology: Autology is the worlds most advanced educational search engine and study helper and incorporates two key features.

How it relates to the topic of discussion I have no idea.

I could be that German007 is a misunderstood genius or a complete lunatic. Don't quote me it's just an opinion. What do you think?
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2009
Autology is designed to help you with your work and studies.
It is a unique and powerful learning tool yet is simple and effortless to use bringing you high quality, relevant references as you are working - including video and sound as well as text.
There is no need to surf the web and waste valuable time sifting through a multitude of irrelevant web sites.
There are two ways of working with Autology. Using the 'What I need to know 'search facility, you can access relevant reference materials using keyword or concept searches.
You can also work in a Word document, for example, and have the relevant information ‘pushed’ to you via the Autology toolbar which you will download and will sit at the top right hand corner of your screen. References will come to you as you work accompanied by a summary of what they contain.
What is much more important is that references will be matched to the ideas you are developing rather than simply the words that you are using. This means that you are less likely to get distracted while you are working and you know how easily that can happen!
The Autology Active Folders feature allows you to post homework queries and the relevant references will be posted to your active folder, ready for you when you want to start your work

lol

Some people just think that the way out of an argument is to bamboozle people with antique grammer.Unfortunately for german007,almost everyone here is literate and well read.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by koolchicco: 3:48pm On Sep 27, 2009
mccloud224:

lol

Some people just think that the way out of an argument is to bamboozle people with antique grammer.Unfortunately for german007,almost everyone here is literate and well read.

Really! cheesy
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by nex(m): 3:57pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mccloud224

I thank you for your patience reading through my post.

My issue is foremost the United Nations and its agencies should be decentralized from New York and Switzerland so that the rest of us can feel like a part if at all we're really meant to be. Even Nigeria is not run as lopsidedly as the United Nations is. We're totally marginalized.

Now my friend, I'm sorry to say this, but Brazil is not the way you paint it. Brazil just like China may be called a 3rd world country, but It's among the richest countries in the world earning approximately 4 times the annual GDP of Nigeria. Brazil is the country that has made the most advancements in the production of biofuels and they have gone far in several industries including petroleum, auto and agriculture. If Yar'Adua goes there he may be trying to liaise with countries we can grow along with, not countries that continue to look down on us and find every opportunity to go behind our backs to stall our development.

I don't believe Yar'Adua is a good president, but the truth is that these countries that talk rubbish about him are in fact happy that Nigeria has such a president. Of all the African leaders and presidents Europe and America have done away with, which one was an evil dictator? Emperor Selassie or Patrice Lumumba?

Let's be real here, it has become too obvious that these people don't want our progress so what are we meeting for? What are we assembling for?

If not for anything but the Freisian landscape, I'd like to see fields of windmills stretching to touch the skyline along Benin-Ore expressway, but the truth is that there is no country that generates most of its electricity from wind or solar energy. Nuclear is the power for the world now. Cheap, dependable, abundant and we have the raw materials.

Resources are scarce and time is short, so this is not really the time for perambulating over issues of our future just to rub shoulders with the big boys.

Saudi does help keep crude price up.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 4:12pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mccloud224

I thank you for your patience reading through my post.

My issue is foremost the United Nations and its agencies should be decentralized from New York and Switzerland so that the rest of us can feel like a part if at all we're really meant to be. Even Nigeria is not run as lopsidedly as the United Nations is. We're totally marginalized.

Now my friend, I'm sorry to say this, but Brazil is not the way you paint it. Brazil just like China may be called a 3rd world country, but It's among the richest countries in the world earning approximately 4 times the annual GDP of Nigeria. Brazil is the country that has made the most advancements in the production of biofuels and they have gone far in several industries including petroleum, auto and agriculture. If Yar'Adua goes there he may be trying to liaise with countries we can grow along with, not countries that continue to look down on us and find every opportunity to go behind our backs to stall our development.

I don't believe Yar'Adua is a good president, but the truth is that these countries that talk rubbish about him are in fact happy that Nigeria has such a president. Of all the African leaders and presidents Europe and America have done away with, which one was an evil dictator? Emperor Selassie or Patrice Lumumba?

Let's be real here, it has become too obvious that these people don't want our progress so what are we meeting for? What are we assembling for?

If not for anything but the Freisian landscape, I'd like to see fields of windmills stretching to touch the skyline along Benin-Ore expressway, but the truth is that there is no country that generates most of its electricity from wind or solar energy. Nuclear is the power for the world now. Cheap, dependable, abundant and we have the raw materials.

Resources are scarce and time is short, so this is not really the time for perambulating over issues of our future just to rub shoulders with the big boys.

@nex

I concur with some of the valid points you made but let's be realistic with some issues.Our so called leaders don't need to globetrot for advice.We have credible brains here already.Also, do you know that there are several bodies overseas that would do anything to be given license to provide Nigerians with electricity?The monthly costs don't matter.Personally, i am willing to cough up N50,000 for light bill.What i spend on fuel a month alone is above that amount (sorry about that, it was off topic, lol). Our government is not ready to allow that.They make billions or even trillions from "funding" PHCN and they are not willing to let go of the "goose that lays the golden eggs".Look at our oil sector.We shamelessly import petrol,diesel,kerosene and probably cooking gas and we have 4 refineries here.Isn't that a crying shame?The governments have "spent" billions to revamp these refineries but to no avail.Ask yourself, why are these refineries not working.It's not because anything is wrong with them.I can bet you that nothing is wrong with them (or maybe minor issues).Do you know how much the government makes for every ship that brings in oil and gas products?To cut the story short, Our so called "leaders" (who are leading us nowhere by the way), do not want this country to progress.It's that simple.Look at the recent road construction (especially lagos).They give contracts to incompetent hands whereas the likes of Julius berger and schlumberger are there.They give road construction contracts to someone who read food and nutrition in school.They give electrification contract to someone who hasn't written GCE all his/her life.Tell me, how can there be progress?
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 4:26pm On Sep 27, 2009
nex:

@mccloud224

Though I agree with you that we need nuclear power, your bolded statement is just not accurate - all the countries of the world have a mix of hydro, coal and nuclear (France highest at 76%); and some wind (highest being ~20% for Denmark), and solar. I am inclined to think that we need coal in the east, more petroleum turbines in the ND, Wind along the wind corridor up North, and then solar in a smaller scale, subsidized for individual homes or businesses. Nuclear should be considered as the country become more industrialized. Let's not forget Chinobyl and three mile island shocked
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 5:08pm On Sep 27, 2009
Though I agree with you that we need nuclear power, your bolded statement is just not accurate - all the countries of the world have a mix of hydro, coal and nuclear (France highest at 76%); and some wind (highest being ~20% for Denmark), and solar. I am inclined to think that we need coal in the east, more petroleum turbines in the ND, Wind along the wind corridor up North, and then solar in a smaller scale, subsidized for individual homes or businesses. Nuclear should be considered as the country become more industrialized. Let's not forget Chinobyl and three mile island

Cosigned.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by saworoide: 9:14pm On Sep 27, 2009
The president is SICK.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by DOnlooker(m): 10:13pm On Sep 27, 2009
I think Yar'adua is either very foolish or very very smart and I will tip for the latter, he's fooling us Nigerians to believe he is foolish while he smartly carries out his well-laid plan of northernizing the Federal Government. Get the facts guys, this man is learned, he was a University Lecturer, he can't be dumb, he isn't Dumb !! Its only that his plans for Nigeria is quite different from our dreams and expectations from him and since he's got the Power, he is carrying out HIS OWN agenda quite successfully, we can shout all we can. Get the facts straight Guys, this man was supposedly an excellent and active Governor in Katsina State. And now as the President he is suddenly lame only active when it comes to installing Northerners with top Positions at the various Federal levels. Guys, smell the rat, its stinking to the high heavens !!!
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Demoladoc: 5:22am On Sep 28, 2009
the issue is not yaradua goin to sit at d UN assembly to listen to rantings of other presidents because that is not all they do at these conferences. He wud have had ample opportunies to meet with them and discuss issues of national interests, pushing nigerian concerns and interets while meeting with them.

Remember obj always said in modern age u dont just send people to negotiate for u but u, as the president, have to go urself so they take u seriously. And to say obj's attendance of such meetings and his frequent trips abroad didnt yield anytin is just being plain stupid, ignorant and idiotic. There were huge foreign investments coming in, foreign debts erazed, our place in the comity of nations was enhanced.
Seriously it is immoral to wish for an obj 3rd term but i reckon if he had stayed in for 4more yrs we wud av made great leaps forward in all areas.
The man had is flaws but there is no doubtin he had gud plans for nigeria. End of.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by nex(m): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2009
@mccloud224, $poone

I mentioned in my post that there is no country in the world today that generates most of its electricity from wind. I maintain there's none in existence. Most here means 51% and above.

I support the use of coal, but you should know that the discussion at the UN regarding global warming is also designed toward telling us not to use coal and the countries who have already engaged themselves in generating energy from coal should discuss how they would gradually end their dependence on it. That may take 50 years, or hundred years, but in that while we will be waiting for them in the dark.

I tell you, this shunning of the United Nations in preference of a school launch in Saudi Arabia is not as simple as it looks or as black-and-white as Reuben Abati paints it.

Look at the way that man even writes. He goes as far as to refer to Barrack Obama as "President Barrack Obama" and then the rest are Ghadaffi, Yar'Adua and Zuma. Even our own journalists have been subconsciously tutored from watching CNN, to see those nations as superior United Nations.

Before President Moumar Ghadafi spoke, the USA delegate got up and left the arena. Do you know that was a planned diplomatic insult. Now, do you know the kind of Diplomatic insult the USA had planned for the Nigerian President? You know of what they did to our ambassador. If the USA should hold President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua at the airport and told him to turn back returning to Nigeria, you know how damaging that would be? It is their country and the USA can do it. All they need to do is claim that there's some intelligence about a grave security threat on Yar'Adua then call it level 5 security threat and mention Code Red.

Let our president go to Saudi Arabia and launch a university. After all, Obama went to Saudi Arabia to bow to the King. All these are symbolic towards the real objectives of such visits. Oil control was actually why the president went to Saudi Arabia, university opening, a gesture.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by okeey(m): 8:59am On Sep 28, 2009
he is doing something so speacial to him coz u 4get dis is nigeria
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by StEdwin(m): 10:23am On Sep 28, 2009
I doubt if Yar Adua is alive and healthy cos a healthy man who is alive and being a leader would not think of himself first but the wellbeing of his people.

This prayer goes to the Almighty in Heaven,
Dear God,
Please forgive us for ever electing a sick person to be our president. We are really sorry that we left healthy candidates to chose tis sickler. Anyway, God, please tamper justice with mercy cos the election was rigged.
Amen.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by 55gal(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2009
medical, pray 4 him.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2009
you people dont kown the time una carry one kindey go put for throne
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by 55gal(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2009
st. EDWIN,TANX .GUD PRAYER 4 OUR DEAR GOIN GOIN
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by totalfact(m): 1:03pm On Sep 28, 2009
Our President is taking his time to tour round the world!
Now is a free world for him, since their no 1 eagle eye, checkmating their excesses has gone to rest! I mean our man! Gani!
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Nezan(m): 2:11pm On Sep 28, 2009
I think he went for his medicals . undecided .?
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by danconsult(m): 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2009
hello guys, make we leave this man, and just hope he knows what he is doing sha. pls any one who is interesteed in this nation sud just pls pray for mr president and pray for nation nigeria.
it is well with our nation.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2009
nex:

@mccloud224, $poone

Before President Moumar Ghadafi spoke, the USA delegate got up and left the arena. Do you know that was a planned diplomatic insult.

The bastard is a ruthless dictator and a terrorist, he should be insulted at any given opportunity

nex:

@mccloud224, $poone

Let our president go to Saudi Arabia and launch a university. After all, Obama went to Saudi Arabia to bow to the King. All these are symbolic towards the real objectives of such visits. Oil control was actually why the president went to Saudi Arabia, university opening, a gesture.

I was not awere that OPEC has been desolved - if my memory serves me well, some of the OPEC member state rulers were present at the UN. Why is it that we can't get a straight answer from the presidency? If he's too sick to rule the country , he should handover to the VP - unless maybe the VP is just a pawn to qwell agitation in the ND.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by denony(m): 4:30pm On Sep 28, 2009
the game is against us
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by emekagh(m): 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2009
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by german007(m): 5:09am On Sep 29, 2009
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 10:48am On Sep 29, 2009
@mcleod224

Sir,

I have absolutely no reason to use unknown and irrelevant words to bamboozle myself out of conversations.
My choice of vocabulary in every question I asked you was well justified and indeed related to your earlier comments on this thread.

I only asked you, "what are your beliefs and ideology" and there was absolutely no need to pass such defensive comments at me.
Il withdraw my entire questions from you as they seem to be a cause of concern for you due to how you interpret them.

With regards to your comment "unfortunately for german 007 almost everyone here is literate and well read." its not unfortunate for me ,because im also highly read and again I carefully choose my words in verbal or written conversations. I HAVE TWO DEGREES , ONE IN ENGLISH LITERATURE AND THE OTHER IN ANCIENT HISTORY, AND I'M ALSO WELL FLUENT IN FOUR MAJOR LANGUAGES , GERMAN,FRENCH,DUTCH AND THE BRAZILIAN DIALECT OF PORTUGUESE.

Thanks

@german007

Alright man.I get you.I won't argue (but u still need to explain wetin "autology" gat to do with topic of discussion)

lol

hehehe
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 10:54am On Sep 29, 2009
german007:

@$poone
Your main concern was the meaning of the word "autology". and how it related to Mr mcleod224 views. I should have taken to the time to answer your question. I do apologise. But what I cant comprehend why your comments at me seemed to be one-sided against me and mr mcleod224.
It also baffled me why you found my question at mr mcleod224 strange.
I think you should go back and read his earlier comments, then you'l figure out the cause of my questions to him
ENJOY YOUR DAY SIRS.

No worries little bro – let’s move on with the discourse at hand

My one advice to you would be that you try to avoid asking contributors to identify themselves – Anonymity is one of the reasons this forum is the most popular for Naija folks. They can vent their frustrations with the polity and socio-economic woes of our beloved nation without fear of reprisal. Furthermore, avoid using words that can not be found in simple English thesaurus – folks on this forum come from all works of life from the agbero to medical doctors. Keep it simple so your view point can be understood.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by nkeiru2005: 11:17am On Sep 29, 2009
@ poster

i am wondering were dis country is going 2, the president was busy commissioning a university in Saudi whn ours is lockup since three months ago, nobody is doing anytin abt it. bcs all their childern ar over there studying. pray, pray, pray, 4 Nigeria, i am afraid, d way dis country is going, military might be force 2 intervene.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by ochukoccna: 6:45pm On Sep 29, 2009
[size=15pt]It's not about the military coming back seeing they contributed the majority of the morass we are in, IBB,OBJ, Abacha,Aikhomu, Ahigbe, Abdusalam Abubakar, Danjuma , Jerry Oseni just to name a few.  The way things is going, one day when we've all had enough, we'll pour out into the streets. France, Russia are distant examples. Romania is a more recent example. Force through gunfire cant stop it. Captain Moussa Dadis Camara will soon find out in Guinea that regardless of what happened on Monday, you cannot suppress a people's will with gunpowder, it's just a question of time before he himself [Camara] will expire. But back to 9ja, one day & very soon, we'll forever flush down the drains: the saying that 'If you push a Nigerian to the wall,he'll break it and run away from you'. Can you see the signs? Cos' nimbus is the hue of the clouds over her as the vultures have gathered to feast, who will stop the blood from flowing on the streets. ABBA help us all! [/size]
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by desthan(m): 7:07pm On Sep 30, 2009
If yaradua were a citizen, it would not be anyone's business where he goes, the company he keeps or how he is treated. But this nama man is the president and commander-in-thief chief of Nigeria. Whether he thinks so or not, it matters to us where he goes, the company he keeps and how he is treated.

It is a shame that at a time when Nigeria, in fact Africa needed a voice to speak for the continent at the United Nations, the images flashing around the world were those of Moummar Ghaddafi and Robert Mugabe. President yaradua ranked the opening of the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology over and above participating in the opening of the UN General Assembly.

It didn't matter to the President that his presence at KAUST, at a time when Nigerian university are in their 13th straight week of strike is a shame for him and his administration. It is a measure of how the saudis esteemed yaradua's visit that not only was he received by a provincial governor, his name did not appear on the KAUST inauguration programme, which incidentally contained such name as those of the Prime Minister of Sudan, the Prime Minister of Djibouti, and the Prime Minister of Somalia.

Yaradua real mission to Saudi Arabia for the secon time in 2009 and the fourth since 2008 still remains a mystry.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Pastors, Their Luxury Lifestyles And Private Jets. Details And Photos / Muslims Against Buhari (MAB) / I Love This Man, Why Can't He Contest For The Presidency In 2023 ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.