Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? (5666 Views)

See What Russia President Doing, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin / What Is CAN President Doing With Isreali Arms Dealer? / What Is Our President Doing??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by franctony(m): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2009
the devout muslim of non-robust health went to Saudi to for the opening of a private school, while the universities in his country are all closed. so shameful angry angry angry angry angry. what if he is interviewed about the state of his own universities, he may die of heart attack
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by dipo2much(m): 12:12am On Sep 27, 2009
He's is also trying to lay his hands on arab money
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Aare1(m): 12:30am On Sep 27, 2009
it is largely possible that the university launching was a guise for mr president to pay another visit to his doctors, lets stop all this yarns abt islamising naija cos i consider such claims as unfounded.

ADEOMOLE:

Our president went for medical care.

He needs to be in good health to be president of Nigeria.

Every Nigerian knows that he is Saudi Arabia for a check up. So What?

I wish him well.

Should he resign his post because of his medical conditon? Yes/No

If at all he wants to. Would the king makers allow him?

Dem go talk say National Security?
Politics of the North and South.

Politics of Yardau and Jonathan.

So what do you want him to do?

If i were him, i  will take care of health as well.

Please don't talk about our medical system.
The decay has been done long before he came to power.

The mistake he made and its peculiar to us (Nigerians) all
Matters of health are considered private.

The president's PR group didn't do a good job.
Every government need to have some spin around them.

Otherwise, Reuben Abati and the Press in general won't come up with sensational articles like this.
After all, Adeniyi ( The president's press man)  is Reuben's friend.

Nigeria can only be great if we have a sytem that puts everybody in check.

If you know that a contract kickback will put you in Jail and a tarnished name forever.
You go think twice now.

Greed is human, fraud is common to all human race.

Countries that their system works have that special system that puts everybody  in check.

That is why when we visit America or UK we obey the law.

My friend use to tell me.

Ade if i am president.

I will revamp the Judicial System.

I will recruit experiences officers and retired service men  from India/China/Japan, South Africa/Brazil  and Britain/USA to train our Customs, Police,Navy, Army, Airforce , EFCC all over again.

I will revamp the technical and technology schools.

Pay rise for Doctors and Nurses to bring back those abroad and retain those in Nigeria.

Invite farmers from India/Brazil/Zimbabwe/Israel do help our agriculture. Promote intensive poultry farming

Bring Ryanair/Easy jet to compete and develop our Airlines.

Invite Indian/China to train and develop our rail system.

Massive investment in solar energy and electricity intrastructure.

If i'm able to achieve this alone. Tell me Nigerian won't be a better place in 8 Years.

Honestly. Good intentions.

But in Nigeria, would they allow you i asked? He shook is head.

To be in a position of power. You must be ready to die.
We need people of strong character and discipline in Nigeria

Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by franctony(m): 12:44am On Sep 27, 2009
Aare 1:

it is largely possible that the university launching was a guise for mr president to pay another visit to his doctors, lets stop all this yarns abt islamising naija cos i consider such claims as unfounded.

just give me one justification that man(sorry, na PDP cause am) has to miss such an important function like the un gen. assembly just for the launching of a university that is not in his country at least(dat is if strike no go catch am later)
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by 3kay945(m): 1:14am On Sep 27, 2009
@bibiking, mind u, 'we' can lead suicide bombing, resource is what we re waiting for, wink
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 27, 2009
@3kay,u funny, gba. grin
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Builder: 1:26am On Sep 27, 2009
Yaradua don open school tay tay , the mumu dey wait to die for Saudi Arabia, nine virgin dey wait am for heaven, the mumu wan tear toto die
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Eaglebabe: 2:43am On Sep 27, 2009
What a perfect epistle.If u must know,HE want to to see his mallam,for , ,to take care of uncompromising citizens like u.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Dboy5: 3:15am On Sep 27, 2009
Does it now mean that Mr Presido will not be around for the independence day? cheesy
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by baekdoosan(m): 4:15am On Sep 27, 2009
he was stashing his money in the saudi arabian banks
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by lakefist(m): 6:43am On Sep 27, 2009
hi nairalanders,
we can see clearly that yar adua is nothing but a fool surrounded by his fellow nonsensical northerners that called themselves his advisers i am not tribalistic but i must say the truth.nigerians criticised obasanjo that he is always travelling but his travelling brought us gains.The way nigeria is been painted today wasnt like that atleast obj tried to give nigeria a new look in the world but what will you say about this sick president?,  obasanjo has his own bad sides atleast he engaged the services of professional not only from yoruba land but from the three major tribes we have in nigeria unlike yar adua who is surrounded by northerners, i dont know what this northerners are up to may be to sharialize nigeria or sell nigeria to saudi arabia, what i love about this northerners is that they will never criticize their own but talk about igbos and yorubas they will be first to criticize their own people while this northerners laugh at them, former president IBB recently interviewed says 2yrs is  too early to judge yar adua administration i ask if this administration is to be judged after 4yrs when already we have just next year(2010) and it is for 2011 campaign.na only God go help us for this country,
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by otokx(m): 10:55am On Sep 27, 2009
I have no idea
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 11:01am On Sep 27, 2009
He's baaack!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-328739.0.html

Seriously, how long will the National legislative body allow this to continue - the President is simply not healthy enough to rule this country.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by KnowAll(m): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2009
Our President should stop embarassing the largest black nation on planet Earth, he should own up to his health palavar, Nigerians are understanding people, they would even fast and pray for him if he could come out and tell us the truth each time he goes for his numerous check-ups under the guise of one official appointment or the other.

Dont our President see it as embarssing being welcomed into Saudi Arabia by Governors of the different Regions, 1stly he was welcomed by the Governor of the Mecca region now by another Governor, the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia has not giving him an audience yet, all we heard he is staying in one of King Fahds boys quartes albeit opulent boys quarters this is getting embarassing for an oil rich nation's President staying in King Fahds boy's quarter.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by CrudeOil2(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2009
Praying, for Allah to say his life.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Donvilo(m): 11:58am On Sep 27, 2009
I wonder ooo! shocked undecided sad
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2009
KnowAll:

Dont our President see it as embarssing being welcomed into Saudi Arabia by Governors of the different Regions, 1stly he was welcomed by the Governor of the Mecca region now by another Governor, the Royal Family in Saudi Arabia has not giving him an audience yet, all we heard he is staying in one of King Fahds boys quartes albeit opulent boys quarters this is getting embarassing for an oil rich nation's President staying in King Fahds boy's quarter.

OMG! It is disheartening embarassed
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 12:50pm On Sep 27, 2009
@Topic

Definitely transferring his looted funds.Has anyone noticed his travel preferences to countries like Saudi Arabia, Brazil and so on?He's definitely got accounts there.Probably those accounts that are bound by secrecy.Even his "medical trips" are suspicious.Also, he could be laundering the stolen money through investing in developmental projects (long term).At the end of the day, it all boils down to money laundering.He might even build a university in Brazil while ours is closed down.Don't worry people, Brazilian universites will soon be open for Nigerian students to study at "discount" rate.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by german007(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mcloud224

Sir Can you please identify yourself and Tender your evidence and status.

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies.

What are your definitive characteristics?.

Many Thanks
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by Bialegend(m): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2009
All you people should stop complaining and deal with the situation your fathers helped created. We are in ONE nigeria and he has the righ to go to Saudi and stay one year if he wants. That is the meaning of ONE nigeria. After all, it's you sabotuers that helped them to cling to power until this day. So, deal with it.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mcloud224

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies.

Many Thanks

@german007

You know, this is the kind of attitude that's killing this country.I'll take your "questions" one by one.

First of all, how does identifying myself relate to the topic being discussed.This is obviously a derailing question with no connected to the matter at hand.I'm an active nairalander and i'd personally add, with a reputation of my own on here for unbiased critisms.Want to know more about me?Check out my profile and other posts.

Who are you, What are your belief's and ideologies

Once again, this is one of the reasons why Nigeria is as stagnant as it is.Someone gets up to make a statement and the popular "Who are you?" question is thrown back as a rebuttal.My beliefs and ideologies are of no concern of yours but if you still remain adamant on finding out, check out my posts.There are hundreds of them.That would definitely satisfy your curiosity.

Definitive characteristics of what?Dude, please check your dictionary before you conjure up words.I don't want to be rude to you but please think twice about what you type.In between, your questions seem to be the typical everyday grammer of the average policeman.So i ask you, U BE POLICE?
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 1:13pm On Sep 27, 2009
All you people should stop complaining and deal with the situation your fathers helped created. We are in ONE nigeria and he has the righ to go to Saudi and stay one year if he wants. That is the meaning of ONE nigeria. After all, it's you sabotuers that helped them to cling to power until this day. So, deal with it.

@Bialegend
Wetin happen?You dey vex ooo! grin grin
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by german007(m): 1:21pm On Sep 27, 2009
@mccloud224

Sir, Many Thanks for your response

I asked  a detailed question and required a detailed and concise answer.  But your response comes across to me as being jactansical and sarcastic . Im trying to comprehend why you resorted to what I categorize as insutive words.

To allay your fears bro, Im not a policeman, Im not CIA, M15 or KBG.

With all due respect and accord. Il lay emphasis on my main concern.

Within your experience and autology, Do you think its appropriate and ethical for you to be critical of other people's beliefs , ideologies  and views?

Regards
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 1:28pm On Sep 27, 2009
german007:

@mccloud224
Within your experience and autology, Do you think its appropriate and ethical for you to be critical of other people's beliefs , ideologies and views?

Regards

Strange shocked
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by german007(m): 1:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
@$po0ne

Sir, What is strange about my question?, lol
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 1:34pm On Sep 27, 2009
Strange

@$poOne

I cosign on that.Really weird if you ask me.

Within your experience and autology, Do you think its appropriate and ethical for you to be critical of other people's beliefs , ideologies  and views?

@german007

Concerning the topic, could you please highlight just post that indicates biased critism?This post is about "Yar Adua in Saudi Arabia".It has nothing to do with what i believe or what i doubt.Please stick to the topic of discussion.

Thanks for your expected co-operation!
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 1:52pm On Sep 27, 2009
german007:

@$po0ne

Sir, What is strange about my question?, lol

mccloud224's take on the Yar’Adua’s presidency, or the lack thereof, is plausible – Nigerian political elites have many guises for looting our treasury; this may just be another one. And your rebuttal to his comments was totally unrelated, utterly strange at best. He didn’t know why, and I didn’t either – and your next explanation was worse. Maybe you want to take jab at it again?
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by spoOne: 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2009
german007:

@mccloud224

Within your experience and autology, Do you think its appropriate and ethical for you to be critical of other people's beliefs , ideologies and views?
Regards

What's "autology" ?
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by nex(m): 2:16pm On Sep 27, 2009
I don't understand you people. Yar'Adua wants nuclear power for Nigeria, the UN is against it. So what is he there to discuss with them? Their interests and their progress? What about us.

Global Warming is something that can easily be discussed over the phone. By the way, It's about time we moved some of the United Nation offices closer by. I see no reason why we Africans will always have to travel to strange lands for United Nations Assemblies. What's so United about the Nations if some countries are being treated as real members and others as probationers?

We are not going to contribute billions of dollars to any Global Warming Fund. We have benefitted little or nothing from the globe being warmed up. Those that have should get themselves together and start solving that problem.

Discussing poverty everyday and nothing is being done. Promising promises that never yield fruit.

Yar'Adua didn't forget to go to New York, his flight did not mistakenly divert to Saudi Arabia. He is making a statement whether you accept it or not. He's putting an end to Nigeria's involvement in silly gum flapping that leads nowhere.

Reuben Abati should stop talking like a layman. If he'd watched District 9 at all, he wouldn't have called it Destiny 9. So because of District 9, Yar'Adua should go to New York to tell the world to stop cussing.

If the United Nations is not ready to discuss the modalities for a nuclear Nigeria, then Nigeria should not be interested in discussing whatever rubbish they take as pertinent to them.

Yar'Adua nor dey try. We know. But na like this we go dey dey?". How can we discuss Global Poverty and Terrorism when it is the same countries up there in the United Nations that sponsor wars which cause strife, hunger and suffering in Africa and South America.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 2:29pm On Sep 27, 2009
What's "autology" ?

@ $poOne

Abeg help me ask am.Also ask am how "autology" relate with the topic of discussion.
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by koolchicco: 2:33pm On Sep 27, 2009
mccloud224:

@ $poOne

Abeg help me ask am.Also ask am how "autology" relate with the topic of discussion.

ROTFLMAO grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's Our President Doing In Saudi Arabia? by mccloud224(m): 2:46pm On Sep 27, 2009
I don't understand you people. Yar'Adua wants nuclear power for Nigeria, the UN is against it. So what is he there to discuss with them? Their interests and their progress? What about us.

Global Warming is something that can easily be discussed over the phone. By the way, It's about time we moved some of the United Nation offices closer by. I see no reason why we Africans will always have to travel to strange lands for United Nations Assemblies. What's so United about the Nations if some countries are being treated as real members and others as probationers?

We are not going to contribute billions of dollars to any Global Warming Fund. We have benefitted little or nothing from the globe being warmed up. Those that have should get themselves together and start solving that problem.

Discussing poverty everyday and nothing is being done. Promising promises that never yield fruit.

Yar'Adua didn't forget to go to New York, his flight did not mistakenly divert to Saudi Arabia. He is making a statement whether you accept it or not. He's putting an end to Nigeria's involvement in silly gum flapping that leads nowhere.

Reuben Abati should stop talking like a layman. If he'd watched District 9 at all, he wouldn't have called it Destiny 9. So because of District 9, Yar'Adua should go to New York to tell the world to stop cussing.

If the United Nations is not ready to discuss the modalities for a nuclear Nigeria,  then Nigeria should not be interested in discussing whatever rubbish they take as pertinent to them.

Yar'Adua nor dey try. We know. But na like this we go dey dey?".  How can we discuss Global Poverty and Terrorism when it is the same countries up there in the United Nations that sponsor wars which cause strife, hunger and suffering in Africa and South America.

@nex

You've made some very valid points but let me ask you something.Do you really think that our government cares about global warming?Is nuclear power the only alternative for power supply?Definitely NOT.How about wind mills?Nigeria has good weather that can support wind mills and lots of space to serve as windmill stations.We have no good roads, no good education (i really hate to go on and on with things you already know) and yet, nuclear power is the on their top priority list?Come on.We havent'e even developed ourselves and we are talking about nuclear power.We can't even send a rocket to space and we are talking about nuclear power.Does that make sense?

The way our leaders keep disgracing themselves is appalling.They globetrot around the world, meeting leaders for advice on how to "develop" their own country.NO WONDER WE ARE THE BUTT OF JOKES AND LAUGHTER ROUND THE WORLD. The senselessness of this has gone to the extent that Obama and Hillary had to voice it out for us to hear "Africa can only be developed by Africans and Nigeria can only be developed by Nigerians".It's as simple as that.When Boko Haram was on their rampage, our so called president was away meeting leaders in Brazil for advice in moving our country forward.Imagine the nonsense.Brazil of all countries.Brazil that's a certified 3rd world country.Brazil isn't even as rich as lagos not to talk of Nigeria as a whole and these are the people we go to meet for developmental advice.Can you imagine the height of stupidity?This is why we have no respect anywhere in the world.It has nothing to do with our skin or fraud,drug issues bla bla bla coz if this country was moving ahead, why would anyone want to take the risk of carrying drugs and getting caught.Why would anyone want to leave the land of milk and honey.Go to Dubai.These people were no where 30 years ago.Today, people from Europe,UK,US and Cananda go their for vacation and the infrastruture there is mind captivating.It's the same oil we have that they have and yet, we are gallivanting round the world for "advice".The money is here, the resources are here, the man power is here, the intellectuals and brains are here.So what else are we looking for?

Like i said earlier, their travels are money laundering adventures and nothing more.I keep asking myself over and over and over again, what is wrong with africans?Why are we so wicked to ourselves?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CPC Falling Apart? SE/SS/SW State Chairmen Expelled / Bakassi Indigenes Threaten To Return Back To Bakassi / B-r-e-a-k-i-n-g News: Buhari May Drop Out Of Presidential Race By Himself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.