Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:56 AM

Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? (1681 Views)

Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by gabazin080(m): 12:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
just curious to know.
it baffles me when i see some living extravagant life styles and some cant even afford 2 square meals a day.
why are some pastors living in poverty and some are rich
why are some religious folks poor and the atheist living large.
i need answers to these questions plss
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
God didn't make anybody poor or rich.... You work hard to gain wealth cool

All he gave us was different brains and various type of intelligence.

Identify yours and use it for you prosperity cool

Hope I tried

1 Like

Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by gabazin080(m): 12:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
God didn't make anybody poor or rich.... You work hard to gain wealth cool

All he gave us was different brains and various type of intelligence.

Identify yours and use it for you prosperity cool

Hope I tried

if its by hard work, then well diggers should be the richest.
the bible said seek ye first the kingdom and every other thing will be added unto you. so what do we say about those that died poor while seeking the kingdom of God

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by thesicilian: 12:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
If you can answer this truthfully, you have your answer: Why does the teacher make some people pass and others fail? Did those who failed offend him?
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by gabazin080(m): 1:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
thesicilian:
If you can answer this truthfully, you have your answer: Why does the teacher make some people pass and others fail? Did those who failed offend him?
no. they might have failed cus they didnt read
SO?
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
The difference is being smart.
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by thesicilian: 1:49pm On Aug 14, 2016
gabazin080:
SO?
So the answer itself is in the question. The teacher has taught everyone the same thing. It is now left for those students to process what they have been taught and reproduce them in the exams, in order to pass.
In the same vein, God made man and placed everything at his disposal. It is left to man to utilize those things for his own success. You made mention of well diggers as examples of those who work hard. Horses too work hard yet they don't get rich. Being wealthy is not just about working hard though that is part of it, it is also about working smart. One of the basic principles of success is about sowing seeds. If as a farmer you eat all your maize or yams, will you have anything to sow next season for a harvest? No. The student who refuses to sow his time into reading, or his money into good books/research, will fail. The well digger who is comfortable with digging for others for a meagre wage, and then proceeds to eat all of that wage instead of re-investing some of it, will remain perpetually poor.
Then there is another major issue: the definition of wealth differs from place to place, person to person For some wealth/riches is all about gathering properties, living a luxurious life, while for others its about gathering souls into the Kingdom of God, and helping others live a better life. Which is why I will not agree that those who died while seeking the Kingdom of God died poor.
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by shuggah(m): 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
gabazin080:
SO?
And aside nt reading there are other factors that lead to low performance in an exam.. like violence at home, bad friends, hatred or doubting the teacher, hating school entirely, disliking the subject etc... this applies to life and God too, he didn't create anyone poor.. there are many factors that lead to people being poor.. and u can't see a poor atheist because 1.there are nt many atheist in the world nt to talk of a highly religious Nigeria and secondly no one is am atheist, people just seem satisfied doing bad and then because they have financial capacity they start arguing that there is no God, ask Seun if he was an atheist before he blew tru Nairaland, there are principles to wealth and if u follow them u get rich and that's all... the fact that the student not passing an exam is nt the teachers fault is same as we nt being rich is nt God's fault because God is nt human, he created us all.
same way there are many other factors that make a student fail apart from not reading, there are many other reason people re poor apart from the fact that they don't believe in God.
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by shuggah(m): 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
thesicilian:

So the answer itself is in the question. The teacher has taught everyone the same thing. It is now left for those students to process what they have been taught and reproduce them in the exams, in order to pass.
In the same vein, God made man and placed everything at his disposal. It is left to man to utilize those things for his own success. You made mention of well diggers as examples of those who work hard. Horses too work hard yet they don't get rich. Being wealthy is not just about working hard though that is part of it, it is also about working smart. One of the basic principles of success is about sowing seeds. If as a farmer you eat all your maize or yams, will you have anything to sow next season for a harvest? No. The student who refuses to sow his time into reading, or his money into good books/research, will fail. The well digger who is comfortable with digging for others for a meagre wage, and then proceeds to eat all of that wage instead of re-investing some of it, will remain perpetually poor.
Then there is another major issue: the definition of wealth differs from place to place, person to person For some wealth/riches is all about gathering properties, living a luxurious life, while for others its about gathering souls into the Kingdom of God, and helping others live a better life. Which is why I will not agree that those who died while seeking the Kingdom of God died poor.
God bless u for this
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by Genesis2000(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
thesicilian:

Infact you have really Made an excellent point here.

However i still have a little reservation.

Hmmmmm, fingers are not equal.
The bible also says there is time for everything under the sum.

Here on earth three is a master and there is a servant deal with it.
And that's how it was programmed from the beginning.

We must serve each other and without that the world is not complete. Even in heaven they observes protocol.

Do you understand the meaning of honourable?
Without any controversy there re actually those who are honourable here on these earth, and it is done one after the other.

Even Jesus have servants when he was still walking on the surface of the earth.

Now imagine our president washing his car and his clothes sweeping his compound by himself when he is still on the throne Does it make any sense to you?

So God honour men with men. That's the beauty of the world.

He puts some down while those who is on the floor he lift them up
that's how the earth was predestined to be.

God bless you.
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
I always asked myself this question until last year when I started searching the answers and I got them.
I will start by acknowledging God is the provider of all resources.All other conditions being equal,what will make some people rich and some poor are these:

1.Fear of risk/failure: Behind every rich man who got rich is great risk. poor people are scared of taking risk they prefer to hoard what little resources they have instead of investing.

2.Procrastination: move close to the rich,procrastination isn't one thing you will find in them ,whenever you discover an opportunity you need to strike swiftly.

3.Spending: The rich don't waste money on frivolities ,especially the ones who earned their money.poor people always try to look good ,they end up spending what they don't have to impress those who don't like them.Generally ,poor people have poor spending habits.

4.Leverage:The rich are well grounded in financial education ,they use the power of leverage and benefit from numerous streams of passive income,while a poor man works for his boss for most of his life,living hand to mouth.

5.Religion: "most people think Great God will come from the sky,and everything will be alright"-Bob Marley. This quote summarizes this point.You need to understand that being rich and maintaining it has a bit to do with religion ,but the most of it depends on you.

" if you were born poor its not your fault;but if you die poor, that's your fault "-Bill gates.
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by thesicilian: 6:26pm On Aug 14, 2016
Genesis2000:

Infact you have really Made an excellent point here.

However i still have a little reservation.

Hmmmmm, fingers are not equal.
The bible also says there is time for everything under the sum.

Here on earth three is a master and there is a servant deal with it.
And that's how it was programmed from the beginning.

We must serve each other and without that the world is not complete. Even in heaven they observes protocol.

Do you understand the meaning of honourable?
Without any controversy there re actually those who are honourable here on these earth, and it is done one after the other.

Even Jesus have servants when he was still walking on the surface of the earth.

Now imagine our president washing his car and his clothes sweeping his compound by himself when he is still on the throne Does it make any sense to you?

So God honour men with men. That's the beauty of the world.

He puts some down while those who is on the floor he lift them up
that's how the earth was predestined to be.

God bless you.
And who says you can't be who you want to be while serving others?
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
Pay ur tithe and seeds of faith to my p.acct and see ur ways open in multiple folds grin
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by Genesis2000(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
thesicilian:

And who says you can't be who you want to be while serving others?

That's not what am saying, the poor will definitely be among us. Even in America there is poor people among them.

Jesus told Judas when he was complaining about Mary magdalene pouring expensive ointment on the feet of Jesus, that such should be sold and give the money to the poor.

But Jesus frankly told him, leave her alone, i will not always be among you but the POOR will always be among you.

So weather you like it or not the poor will always be among us.
Nomather how had the world fight to make thing better, the poor will always be among us.

Jesus says so, and i believe him.

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by gabazin080(m): 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by orisa37: 3:14pm On Aug 21, 2016
Males and Females , Rich and Poor, He made them to satisfy His Words, Plans and Himself. God is Love.He loves all His Creations including the Poor. Blessed are the Poor in Spirit for God's Kingdom, and not this mammoth Earth, is theirs.
Re: Why Does God Make Some People Poor And Some Rich? Did The Poor Ones Offend Him? by efismikoko(m): 3:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Simple I will show mercy on who I will show mercy on....... so says your god

(1) (Reply)

Adeboye Gives Reason For Retirement / Greedy Pastors And The Tithe Scam / Pope Francis Declares Evolution And Big Bang Theory Are Real

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.