Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" (24252 Views)

Marrying Her Wasn't A Big Deal To Me - Omotola Ekeinde's Husband / Seun Egbegbe On Toyin Aimakhu And The #savemayowa Saga / #savemayowa: Aramide Of Lifestake Foundation Apologises, Shares Her Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by whalesbanks(m): 2:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
#What I am happy about is that; even if the family had had dubious intentions initially, now they can't do any of that, as everyone is now watching. So maybe a good thing came out of the whole chaos.# Na talk be dis linda, apology koo, apologise nii U should cover ur face in shame

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Towncrier247: 2:53pm On Aug 14, 2016
whalesbanks:
#What I am happy about is that; even if the family
had had dubious intentions initially, now they
can't do any of that, as everyone is now
watching. So maybe a good thing came out of
the whole chaos.#
Na talk be dis linda, apology koo, apologise nii
U should cover ur face in shame

You see? This is the kind of damage her story has done. People saying, that "even if Mayowa's family had dubious intention before" is almost like saying they had dubious intention. No one would have associated the family with a dubious intention if Linda never accused them.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by olapluto(m): 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
In summary, the ONLY person who profited from Mayowa's case is Linda Ikeji. The traffic she got from demeaning an innocent family must have fetched her some blood money.
Anyone still visiting that plagiarized blog is a low life.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by kunletexs: 3:05pm On Aug 14, 2016
first of all, i will like to commend Linda for been matured and civilized about the whole issue. that one is a social figure is not the ticket to be perfect and right. she saw a mistake, corrected it and finally both she and the family involved are now at peace.

only that i am not comfortable with her last conclusion to the matter, saying even if the family wants to be dubious they can't again. if you are apologizing do it well and stop been half hearted about it.

come down from your semi high ladder and do the needful

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by moxiemania(m): 3:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
Madam Linda, mbok don't kill someone before you chill
.we know say you sabi write...

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Vendoor(f): 3:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
pweetixandy:
why do pple hate Linda...why so much hate. it takes a lot of humility to actually apologize and I love Linda more for this. Linda made a mistake which only shows that she is human, like you and I smiley God help Mayowa

Success comes with lot of hatesssss cheesy
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by willibounce1(m): 3:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
GudluckIBB:
After the deed has been done and that story gave your blog traffic which you also made money from.

What if Mayowa had died the following day you broke that story?

Linda always fear God

Do you blame her. No be all these mumu bigoted ipods dey support her up and down. They can do anything for money. After she don use the girl get traffic. Her cup go soon full

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Ronaldinnioh(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
You see Lindaikeji or whatever your names are, medically you have no right to upload a patients case file on the net or even have the right to access it.

You act of desperation for money got you into this mess. I warned earlier on that you would have made more sense and be professional if you had involved the Police. Yet you went online to publish a lie to the whole Nigerians to read. What if the family member died of heart attack? What if Mayowa died? Do you know what it means to label something a Scam? I think you need to go to school and use your dictionary very well.

Lindikeji if people allow you to go scot free with fallacious news don't think you will go like that next time. A day is coming when you will publish what will land you onto trouble that you will forever regret being a blogger.

I suggest you go back to your modelling and former prostitution business you were formerly known for or better still be a blogger with integrity than a liar who cons out money from people by generating traffic.

Guess what..You are heartless and wicked for all nonsense you have posted.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by CuteTj(m): 3:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sunnycliff:
If not for one thing I would have supported the Media Bill
I won't hesitate to support it for whatever thing.
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by jozee8: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
pweetixandy:
why do pple hate Linda...why so much hate. it takes a lot of humility to actually apologize and I love Linda more for this. Linda made a mistake which only shows that she is human, like you and I smiley God help Mayowa
why wouldn't she apologise when she wouldn't verifies a story before she post just because she wants to draw traffic? na only God know how many such 'mistakes' she has made on her way up!
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Orikinla(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
[size=14pt]Linda Ikeji is now born again!
HALLELUJAH!

Husband is on the way and she has to clean up her act fast or lose him.

May Almighty God JEHOVAH help her all the way.[/size]
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2016
Orikinla:
[size=14pt]Linda Ikeji is now born again!
HALLELUJAH!

Husband is on the way and she has to clean up her act fast or lose him.

May Almighty God JEHOVAH help her all the way.[/size]

First class mu..mu
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by yinkslinks(m): 4:08pm On Aug 14, 2016
Linda is a big fooooool

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by uzuede4(f): 4:10pm On Aug 14, 2016
angryalways make sure of your facts before spreading your news, peoples reputation are at stake. It also shows humility to apologize.
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by bigsmoke2(m): 4:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
pweetixandy:
for a media person of her caliber, such stupid mistakes are highly unacceptable I support taking legal action against her. She has been getting away with a lot of silly things. u can't just write crap about people without confirming it. U soil peoples good name and then say ure sorry . not cool at all

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by ufondunenye(f): 4:27pm On Aug 14, 2016
Idiot linda!
You don't know that this kind of thing can actually kill someone.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by notoriousbabe: 4:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
Linda ikeji should be told that Mayowa is different from NKECHI the entire world especially the government of Malaysia knows that

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by bootstrap(m): 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2016
This wld be the first time i will be commenting on this issue... Possibly the only.

1. Was there a fund raising based on specific intentions?

YES

2. Were these specific intentions followed (treatment location, current health status, travel plans)?

NO

3. Did the family inform/carry donors along as regards change of plans

NO

4. Did linda send people to confirm the story

YES

5. Has linda apologized about the miscommunication

YES

6. Did the family intend to scam/divert the money?

WE WILL NEVER KNW

7. Is she finally receiving treatment

YES.. THANK GOD

LESSONS LEARNT

1. When asking the public for funds, give specific descriptions of the plan, and constant update on changes in plan.

2. Since the money came frm the public, they loose the right to plan secretly.

3. Linda, as much as i dnt totally believe she was wrong, the narative wld hv been made abit differently, withoit drawing conclusions and let the readers decide for themselves if its scam or not.

Conclusively, bigup for the apology and we all pray and hope the sick lady recovers fully.

2 Likes

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by d33jy85: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
4get all dat buullshyyt Aunty Linda these are are Typical Yoruba fraudsters. They raised over 120mil and sent dis grl to SA 4 treatment wat happend to d USA or Dubai that they planned. The truth of the story is that they settled Aunty Linda and the NPF. I mean c'mon who can trust d Nigerian police to do anythin legit wen it comes 2 money matters I jus pray that dis girls treatment will work out bc if she dies d family will chop d moni

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Charles4075(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
Twaci:
Just wondering:

How do you pour spilt milk back in a cup?
It simple Sis.

Just find a water-bender and the problem is solved.
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Twaci(f): 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2016
Charles4075:
It simple Sis.

Just find a water-bender and the problem is solved.
cheesy cheesy

With the dirt and all?
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by femi4: 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
Kaydeexotic:
Aunty Linda olobo town council
Town council indeed
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by ring7(m): 6:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
This olosho don get the traffic she want,I just pity Wanconzy
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by asids55: 6:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
dihalao:
She messed everything up when she said this

wahalai u read my mind seriously..the lady is still trying to form that she is right..what's the essence of the apology when you still call the family a scam
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by bejeria101(m): 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2016
If we call her an idiot,her airhead disciples no go make us hear word. How can u keep publishing unverified stories? Dem neva sue her to make am sell that house move go ajegunle
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by bejeria101(m): 8:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
pweetixandy:

I dont knw abt hate,bt linda does it one too many times,when she does the next one na story again. She should get her act right biko!
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
This woman is truly vile, no words
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by splmosixx(m): 12:06am On Aug 15, 2016
Towncrier247:
#SaveMayowa wasn't a scam after all...my apologies to the family!

People who know me well will tell you that the easiest and fastest way to get money out of me is to tell me you're sick. I hate seeing people that helpless. Over the years, I've donated and also used my platform to raise money for several sick people, including Mayowa Ahmed. Early morning on July 28th, I received a call saying the #SaveMayowa campaign was a scam. That the lady was terminally ill and the family had no intentions of using the money raised for her health to treat her as they had no invite from the hospital in Atlanta, neither did she even have a visa to the US. Please continue...

They wanted me to blog it quickly so people could stop donating. I found it hard to believe at first but it was coming from people who were directly involved in raising money for the sick girl. I sent someone to LUTH to investigate, he got there and found chaos. The Police was already involved, people were being questioned, some folks were shouting, he spoke to people in the hospital and many seemed confused. I spoke with those who had called me, and they said 1000%, the whole thing was a scam.

And I sincerely believe that at the time they told me this, they genuinely believed it to be a fact. I don't think it was done maliciously. After they sent me documents showing the hospital in Atlanta was not really involved in Mayowa's treatment and LUTH medical directors denied knowledge of a fund raising for the sick girl, I believed it to also be a fact! And I wrote it. My mistake, I think, was owning the story, I probably should have quoted them. And maybe investigated more. My apologies to the family! The post has since been taken down.

After investing properly, the police found it wasn't a scam, that it was more a miscommunication between the parties helping to raise funds and the girl's family. I spoke about the issue with the Lagos police PPRO and she assured me that the family didn't have bad intentions.

What I am happy about is that; even if the family had had dubious intentions initially, now they can't do any of that, as everyone is now watching. So maybe a good thing came out of the whole chaos.

The happy news is that Mayowa has been flown to South Africa for treatment. She left Nigeria on Thursday August 11th.

May God use her case to show that He is God!
Let's continue to pray for her!

Linda

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/08/savemayowa-wasnt-scam-after-allmy.html?m=1

I NO JUST LIKE THIS LINDA IKEJI's ATTITUDE...YOU BETTER GO MARRY,BEFORE YOU REACH MENOPAUSE:..
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Charles4075(m): 12:15am On Aug 15, 2016
Twaci:
cheesy cheesy

With the dirt and all?
Ohh sorry.. For the dirt, you'll need an earth bender with a water bender combined..

Thank me laterwink wink wink wink

Bye-bye
Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by nzgal: 9:34am On Aug 15, 2016
dihalao:
She messed everything up when she said this
"What I am happy about is that; even if the family had had dubious intentions initially, now they can't do any of that, as everyone is now watching. So maybe a good thing came out of the whole chaos"

I concur!

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by nzgal: 9:36am On Aug 15, 2016
pweetixandy:

But she is not apologising sincerely. She is justifying her actions instead.

1 Like

Re: Linda Ikeji Apologises To Mayowa Ahmed's Family: "#SaveMayowa Wasn't A Scam" by Enahi(f): 2:03pm On Aug 15, 2016
Linda that was very wicked of you, after all the efforts that Toyin Aimakhu put into it.
U are just a money starved idiot and God will bring you down someday.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Shades Wizkid And AFRIMA Over Awards (Video) / Shan George Shows Off Her Mother To Celebrate 48th Birthday - Pictures / Stephanie Oghenefegho Amata 17th Birthday, As Fred Amata Celebrates Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.