Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,320 members, 7,839,522 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 (33630 Views)

Obinna Ebirim Robert Gordon University Member Of Governing Body: The Only Black / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Jude Okonkwo Accepted Into All Ivy League School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by RichDad1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Beauty and brain. kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
im studying engineering myself . good for her for completing her studies but y go on social media to hype urself up ? d world now knows u read engineering n now hv a job in san francisco , big deal. becuz ur black n a woman doesnt mean u can't read engineering . it's pple like her making things hard for black girls cuz she's making a big deal out of things we're fukin capable of doing

5 Likes

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Lovelynature(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Congrat dear

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by aniteze(m): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2016
Congratulations Dear
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by hucienda: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
And how is this news undecided?

She aint the first black female graduating in Engrg from an Ivy neither will she be the last.

Congratulations to her on graduation all the same.
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by aniteze(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2016
aflyingbird:
im studying engineering myself . good for her for completing her studies but y go on fp to hype urself up ? d world now knows u read engineering n now hv a job in san francisco , big deal. becuz ur black n a woman doesnt mean u can't read engineering . it's pple like her making things hard for black girls bcuz she's making a big deal out of things we're fukin capable of doing

You are correct babe

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Nobody: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2016
She is as Nigerian as I am British because I have an English name.

2 Likes

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Jozzy1063: 9:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
PHCN has refused to take away d light ooo. First tym am using light for ova 16hours at a strech. Am I still in Nigeria.can't believe dis.

2 Likes

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Jozzy1063: 9:29pm On Aug 14, 2016
PHCN has refused to take away d light ooo. First tym am using light for ova 16hours at a strech. Am I still in Nigeria.can't believe dis. D change has arrived oooo
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by clogogo(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
grin :PAnother Man food ........ coolAnother Man food ........
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
Congrats to her. However, the subject of this thread is misleading. She's not the only Nigerian not to mention only back person, that graduated from an Ivy league school this year, 2016.
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by crowther15(m): 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2016
she resides in fransisco and also a product manager.... imagine a young graduate heading a manageria post..... God i dnt want to end up like most nigerians graduate been underemployed

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by JuanDeDios: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2016
blessedvisky:
Yorubas right now
She's not Yoruba. At least, those aren't Yoruba, but Edo names; likely Esan.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Sirwallace(m): 9:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
pippimp:

Thank God. At least someone has sense. I don't know why Nigerians love associating with people who don't give two phucks about you. These guys would not be able to identify Nigeria on a map. They may have Nigerian parents or born in Nigeria but they don't consider themselves Nigerian. No one likes to be connected with a country that is rubbish.

Dude, I get where u coming from. Her write up is geared towards inspiring young black people and specifically Nigerians not claiming or denouncing are heritage as you claim.
Thousands of Nigerians living abroad never wanted their name to be associated with the country but she came forward and did this. If you are not proud of her, I don't know what you could probably be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by bigDickson(m): 9:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Whats the news Exactly angry

CONGRATS TO ALL FULL BLOODED NIGERIANS THAT SUFFERED THROUGH THE HARDSHIPS OF OUR UNIVERSITIES AND STILL CONQUERED!!!

thats a better news grin
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by pippimp(m): 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sirwallace:

Dude, I get where u coming from. Her write up is geared towards inspiring young black people and specifically Nigerians not claiming or denouncing are heritage as you claim.
Thousands of Nigerians living abroad never wanted their name to be associated with the country but she came forward and did this. If you are not proud of her, I don't know what you could probably be proud of.

Read my post again. My comment was not about pride but about Nigerians always wanting to associate themselves with people who don't know they exist. Which is a norm on this forum.
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Why include her race This is 2016 yo !

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by seguno2: 9:45pm On Aug 14, 2016
henryanna36:
It is God that allows me to continue to break barriers and smash through glass ceilings, not just to stand alone but to ensure that others may rise with me.

Is she ready to give back to the education of other Nigerian/ black girls?
Or she will simply wait for only God to make them stand also?
For sure, God won't come down. He needs people to exercise their free will to help or not help others.
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by sarutobie(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2016
at first I thought it was arese from the voice..love me some beauty with brains..
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by juman(m): 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2016
Access to illegal money thing,
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Ssthorm(f): 10:12pm On Aug 14, 2016
[quote author=NigerianSHA post=48484367][b][i][color=#770077]"American with Nigerian Heritage"

How will she find a good husband when she's making money than many of these retarded_ Black men out there.

I can't marry someone that makes more money than me because if you making $1m a year it's highly likely you will use Feminism to Cover up for your stupidity_ and arrogance.

Lwkmd.....hypothetically speaking,if she earns up to $1m,good husbnds normally earn below dt abi?....na wa oooo
Guy,dere r wretched men out dere dt wunt make good husbnds n also dere r maadly rich men out dere dt wud make good husbnds n vice versa
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Ssthorm(f): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
NigerianSHA:
"American with Nigerian Heritage"

How will she find a good husband when she's making money than many of these retarded_ Black men out there.

I can't marry someone that makes more money than me because if you making $1m a year it's highly likely you will use Feminism to Cover up for your stupidity_ and arrogance.

Lwkmd.....hypothetically speaking,if she earns up to $1m,good husbnds normally earn below dt abi?....na wa oooo
Guy,dere r wretched men out dere dt wunt make good husbnds n also dere r maadly rich men out dere dt wud make good husbnds n vice versa

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Nobody: 10:31pm On Aug 14, 2016
pippimp:

Thank God. At least someone has sense. I don't know why Nigerians love associating with people who don't give two phucks about you. These guys would not be able to identify Nigeria on a map. They may have Nigerian parents or born in Nigeria but they don't consider themselves Nigerian. No one likes to be connected with a country that is rubbish.

On Facebook, she wrote her hometown as "Hillside, New Jersey", and some people here are doing NCAN.

4 Likes

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
Sirwallace:

She's not trying to inspire any Nigerian in any way. She pnly finds her feat extremely incredible because she's the only black there. Besides, people are just blowing this thing out of proportion. This is just a post she published on her Facebook, which doesn't call for unnecessary publicity. No comment on her post is from a Nigerian, and her hometown is even written as "Hillside New Jersey". No connection with Nigeria at all apart from the name which is not even obvious. I'm sure this is not someone who would ever feel like coming to give back to this country. Congrats to her, but not worth celebrating by Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Orikinla(m): 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2016
Congratulations beautiful.
To Almighty God JEHOVAH alone be all the glory, honour and power for blessing you!
Cheers all the way!
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by jacksol(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2016
Flaunt it, baby!
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by dragonking3: 11:01pm On Aug 14, 2016
henrydadon:
grin

NCAN 'reporting for duty live and direct

The name have been checked and confirmed

And I can tell u that people with that name are known for their greatness.

Signed and confirmed..over and out

NCAN CHICAGO BRANCH

She is from Edo state.. Pele
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by dragonking3: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
dejavubobo1:
NCAN reporting live from ikorodu..

scanning the name for tribal identification

result not found.
are u sure she's Nigerian ?
She is from Edo state

1 Like

Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by dragonking3: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
blessedvisky:
Yorubas right now
She is Edo not Yoruba.. Pele
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by Burgerlomo: 11:17pm On Aug 14, 2016
Congrats!!!
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by goingape1: 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
This is Beauty and Brain...
Not all these numbskulled Nigerian girls wey just fine but not brain .
especially Yoruba GIRLS!

them just park yansh but no get Brain.
Re: Iyore Olaye Graduates From Ivy League School As Only Black Lady In 2016 by yomz1e(m): 12:08am On Aug 15, 2016
my guy, be prepared , if i was you, i will run everything on inverter or stabilizer!

Jozzy1063:
PHCN has refused to take away d light ooo. First tym am using light for ova 16hours at a strech. Am I still in Nigeria.can't believe dis.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects N500k School Fee Proposal For Public Universities / Nigerian Families Rock Aso Ebi For Children’s Graduation In The US (photos) / Nobel Laureate Joins Covenant University Faculty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.