Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,589 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted (26668 Views)

Kassim Afegbua: Police Apologized For Declaring Me Wanted Over IBB Statement / Eid-El-Maulud: Aisha Yesufu Slams FG For Declaring Public Holiday / Ahmad Salkida, Journalist Wanted By Army, Who Knows Boko Haram Inside Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by tdayof(m): 3:00am On Aug 15, 2016
I know most Nigerians who use internet are so dumb. Is CNN Nigerian? He is being declared wanted in respect to a law that covers him as a Nigerian.

We are relying on the relevant laws of the land and in particular the Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 (as amended) where Nigerians could be punished for failure to disclose information about terrorists or terrorists activities

And to the person who created the topic, so no one on twitter supported his arrest? Internet amateurs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by pippimp(m): 3:15am On Aug 15, 2016
The guy would be jumping up for joy right. He'll be thanking his God for being declared wanted. They unknowingly just helped him secure his American citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Gkemz: 4:16am On Aug 15, 2016
If the army deem it necessary to question him for national security interest, its their duty. They can use him as a link to have access to BHT that has been supplying him with those video clips. If there's something he knows concerning the terrorist group which could help to track them its good. That's why western nation's security system (where every citizen that has useful information feels free to cooperate with them) is better than ours.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 5:07am On Aug 15, 2016
tdayof:
I know most Nigerians who use internet are so dumb. Is CNN Nigerian? He is being declared wanted in respect to a law that covers him as a Nigerian.

We are relying on the relevant laws of the land and in particular the Terrorism Prevention Act 2011 (as amended) where Nigerians could be punished for failure to disclose information about terrorists or terrorists activities

And to the person who created the topic, so no one on twitter supported his arrest? Internet amateurs.
and do you know that as a journalist he is also protected by law to not reveal his sources too?
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by tdayof(m): 5:17am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

and do you know that as a journalist he is also protected by law to not reveal his sources too?
Source on terrorists? Please in what constitution is that?
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by DanielPop(m): 5:26am On Aug 15, 2016
grin Mind you it's only 1 year and few months into this administration but......as they say.....Karma... grin
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Atk1nson(m): 5:30am On Aug 15, 2016
CuteTj:
Nigerians and their dull ways ot thinking!! What's the fuss about declaring the guy wanted?

A guy is always the courier for BH and you ask why he's been declared wanted?

I wonder why they haven't done that since 2014 sef...

The guy should just walk up to the army and say what he knows about BH since he has access to them.

Senator Shehu Sani of Kaduna State shouldn't be left out because he too had access to them at some point.

cnn & bbc should also be declared wanted, u r making a lot of sense
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by olaolaking: 5:33am On Aug 15, 2016
BlackSeptember:
shut up. Are we mates? Don't take because yoi are on nl then we are all the same
I laugh at you. How old were you in 1984 since you have chosen to tell us history.

I doubt if we can be mate But who is older at least in 1984 is the issue here.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Funjosh(m): 5:43am On Aug 15, 2016
Please I need link to the video embarassed
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Chinuaj: 6:02am On Aug 15, 2016
Hmmmmmmmm

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 6:06am On Aug 15, 2016
tdayof:
Source on terrorists? Please in what constitution is that?
Oh yes its supposed to be a global law. some kind of privilege that journalists enjoy
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Elisean(m): 6:06am On Aug 15, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
Apc used the media against Pdp and they won-now they don't want the existence of d media. Dem 4get say KARMA na BITCH.....
Toothless 9ja army, usless efcc, stupid dss, foolish inec....infact everything under bubu is either useless or times 2.

You will be writing rubbish because you have data.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Elisean(m): 6:07am On Aug 15, 2016
tdayof:

You're smart

Most nairalanders comment without knowledge.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by John902(m): 6:13am On Aug 15, 2016
I thought those girls had been rescued...we rescued chibok girls today,tomorrow again the same damned story and brother was defeated tactically? Nigerians are no fools
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by PrincessAnna: 6:20am On Aug 15, 2016
He should be arrested even. He knows more than he should

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Caseless: 6:22am On Aug 15, 2016
HALIX16:
Same people that voted this govt in. They should enjoy it. They asked for it. What's the cry about? We're they expecting anything less?
This is a no issue to me.
I can never regret voting this government in.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2016
CuteTj:
Nigerians and their dull ways ot thinking!! What's the fuss about declaring the guy wanted?

A guy is always the courier for BH and you ask why he's been declared wanted?

I wonder why they haven't done that since 2014 sef...

The guy should just walk up to the army and say what he knows about BH since he has access to them.

Senator Shehu Sani of Kaduna State shouldn't be left out because he too had access to them at some point.

God you are dull.

Firstly, the army cannot legally declare ANYBODY wanted. They are not an arresting body.

Secondly, how do you think you would get any news if all CNN and AL Jazeera reporters were arrested after bringing info. All terrorists have reports they trust to relay information without distorting it. These are the REAL reporters. Not those working for APC that will relay only what the government wants to hear.

You are so so daft..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by tdayof(m): 6:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

Oh yes its supposed to be a global law. some kind of privilege that journalists enjoy
nah. Nothing like global law.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by tdayof(m): 6:53am On Aug 15, 2016
og2711:

God you are dull.

Firstly, the army cannot legally declare ANYBODY wanted. They are not an arresting body.

Secondly, how do you think you would get any news if all CNN and AL Jazeera reporters were arrested after bringing info. All terrorists have reports they trust to relay information without distorting it. These are the REAL reporters. Not those working for APC that will relay only what the government wants to hear.

You are so so daft..
calling him dull proves you are the dullard here. Al Jazeera and CNN reporters have security clearance to go into terrorist areas to cover. If you know nothing don't type about it.
Everything shouldn't be politicized.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by olahero(m): 7:01am On Aug 15, 2016
Truly the guy Ahmed Silka need to be investigate, he knows this people dearly so I don't think it's wrong to make him wanted.
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by naptu2: 7:02am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

grin grin

Can you cite that law? Please tell us the title of the law, who enacted it and when it was enacted.

Can you also tell us why Judith Miller was jailed for 85 days in 2005?
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Ekunsgreat: 7:04am On Aug 15, 2016
I tired for them ...
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 7:15am On Aug 15, 2016
Continue playing the script, I believe we are in season 3 already.. Rubbish
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 15, 2016
naptu2:

grin grin

Can you cite that law? Please tell us the title of the law, who enacted it and when it was enacted.

Can you also tell us why Judith Miller was jailed for 85 days in 2005?

She was jailed for failing to appear before a grand jury and held in contempt. There is a difference... unless you want to tell me the NA is the new court
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by naptu2: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

She was jailed for failing to appear before a grand jury and held in contempt. There is a difference... unless you want to tell me the NA is the new court

1) You haven't told us the title of the law, who enacted it and when it was enacted.

2) Why did she fail to appear before a grand jury?
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 15, 2016
naptu2:

1) You haven't told us the title of the law, who enacted it and when it was enacted.

2) Why did she fail to appear before a grand jury?

1. I dont have to tell U squat U can find out for yourself and correct me thank you https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protection_of_sources
2. I told you why she was jailed maybe you can ask her why she refused to appear before a grand jury
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by naptu2: 7:27am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

1. I dont have to tell U squat U can find out for yourself and correct me thank you
2. I told you why she was jailed maybe you can ask her why she refused to appear before a grand jury

grin grin

1) You don't want to because you can't.

2) You and I both know that she was jailed for contempt because she refused to appear before the grand jury simply because she didn't want to reveal her source (Scooter Libby) which she would have had to do if she appeared. We both know that she was eventually released from jail after Scooter Libby gave her permission to reveal that he was her source and she eventually testified before the grand jury.

Now, can you tell us the law in Nigeria that makes journalists' sources privileged information?
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by Nobody: 7:28am On Aug 15, 2016
naptu2:
ë

grin grin

1) You don't want to because you can't.

2) You and I both know that she was jailed for contempt because she refused to appear before the grand jury simply because she didn't want to reveal her source (Scooter Libby) which she would have had to do if she appeared. We both know that she was eventually released from jail after Scooter Libby gave her permission to reveal that he was her source and she eventually testified before the grand jury.

I added a link. read and let me know what you think. Have a noce day
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by naptu2: 7:42am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

grin Wikipedia.

This is the ruling of the US Court of Appeals.

United States v. Sterling
In a blistering reversal, the Fourth Circuit stated in no uncertain terms that a reporter’s privilege has never existed under federal law
and that Risen would be forced to testify, as
any other citizen would, about his sources
for
the book’s content, which impliedly would
impugn Sterling as the discloser of national
defense secrets.

https://globalfreedomofexpression.columbia.edu/cases/united-states-v-sterling/
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by naptu2: 7:49am On Aug 15, 2016
Babzilla:

[size=14pt]Supreme Court Rejects Reporter's Privilege Case, As NYT Reporter Faces Jail for Protecting His Source[/size]

June 2, 2014

By ⁠ Trevor Timm

The Supreme Court today rejected New York Times reporter James Risen's appeal of a 4th Circuit decision that ruled the government can compel him to reveal his source under oath. The case, one of the most important for reporter's privilege in decades, means that Risen has exhausted his appeals and must now either testify in the leak trial of former CIA officer Jeffrey Sterling, or face jail time for being in contempt of court. Risen has admirably vowed to go to prison rather than comply. 

This is the latest victory of the Obama administration in their crackdown on sources, and in turn, investigative journalism. As the New York Times again reminded us today, they have "pursued leaks aggressively, bringing criminal charges in eight cases, compared with three under all previous administrations combined."

Make no mistake, this case is a direct attack on the press. The Justice Department has recently tightened its "guidelines" for subpoenaing reporters (which have no enforcement mechanism) and the Obama administration claims it supports a tepid journalist shield law, but this was the case where they could have shown they meant what they said about protecting journalists' rights. Instead, they argued to the court that reporter's privilege does not exist all, even comparing journalists who invoke the privilege to criminals who have recieved drugs.

By going after Risen, the Obama administration has done more damage to reporter's privilege than any other case in forty years, including the Valerie Plame leak investigation that ensnared Judy Miller during the Bush administration. The Fourth Circuit is where many national security reporters live and work, and by eviscerating the privilege there, the government has made national security reporting that much harder in an age where there has already been an explosion in use of surveillance to root out sources of journalists.

While the fight for reporter's privilege will certainly continue, and is by no means dead in much of the country, this case is another reminder that reporters can no longer rely on the legal process to protect their sources. Surveillance has become the government's go-to tool for rooting out a record number of sources and chilling all kinds of investigative journalism. Out of the eight source prosecutions under the Obama administration, the Sterling case is the only one where a reporter was called to testify. As an unnamed national security official reportedly once said a year ago, “the Risen subpoena is one of the last you’ll see. We don’t need to ask who you’re talking to. We know.”

It's now incumbent upon reporters to use technology to help protect their sources from the first moment they start communicating with them. Encryption—whether it's used with email, chat, or phone calls—is now a vital tool that can no longer be looked at as a luxury or speciality. Whistleblower submission systems, like our SecureDrop project or Globaleaks, should become the norm rather than the exception.

Despite the damage its already done to reporter's privilege on the whole, the government can and should prevent Risen from going to jail by declining to call him to testify in the Sterling trial. Since the Attorney General has repeatedly stated that no reporter will go to jail for doing his or her job, that seems like the least they can do.

As a small tribute to Risen, today is a fitting day to re-read the book chapter that the government has subpoenaed him over. He exposed a disasterous operation by the CIA, where they literally handed over designs to a nuclear bomb to Iran. It is a truly riveting read and the public is better served by knowing what happened.

https://freedom.press/blog/2014/06/supreme-court-rejects-reporters-privilege-case-nyt-reporter-faces-jail-protecting-his
Re: Nigerians Blast Army For Declaring Ahmad Salkida Wanted by chimauga(m): 7:51am On Aug 15, 2016
Una never see, u voted for it, take it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP: NSA's Revelation Confirms Buhari's Abdication Of Responsibilities / Amended 2016 Budget Is Back - Sahara Reporters / PDP Can’t Continue With ‘imposition Of Candidates’ — David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.